As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sad Thread (Cheering Up Thread)

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    God damn I sound pathetic.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Nope.

You're talking about it and recognize you have a problem. Which, if TV has taught me anything, is a big deal.

Seriously though man, just try and reduce what you're taking.

Oh brilliant
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I will, I will.

Luckily I'm 18.

If there was ever a time for stupid drug use, I guess now would be it.

lfYVHTd.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    That's some amount of drugs, Swordfights. I'd listen to these gents.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    I'm just lucky I have my ex-girlfriend as a best friend still. Otherwise we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

lfYVHTd.png
    Whoop. I was depressed! Started taking Citalopram, which to you colonials is... "Celexa" - like, the old version of Lexapro. Now I'm anti depressed! :D

I totally recommend it. But... it's not a cure all. Not by any means. I still have very bad days. :/

Oh brilliant
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Whoop. I was depressed! Started taking Citalopram, which to you colonials is... "Celexa" - like, the old version of Lexapro. Now I'm anti depressed! :D

I totally recommend it. But... it's not a cure all. Not by any means. I still have very bad days. :/

We call it Citalopram too, because we have the generic version people get for cheap.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    That's what I'm on, Raven. Just started, eh, a little over a week ago. Already seeing improvements in my mood.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Also if you're having bad days you may need a supplementary prescription like Abilify or wellbutrin.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    God damn I sound pathetic.

Nah man. But you do have a problem, so you should try and resolve that shit man

I have had depression all my life and only recently did I actually try and do anything about it. It's not really got any better yet, but I live in hope, and simply talking about my issues has actually been a help in some ways.

Kagera wrote:
    Also if you're having bad days you may need a supplementary prescription like Abilify or wellbutrin.

Ahh, I'm trying to keep my drug use to a minimum. And definitely only SSRIs, I'm wary of Tryciclics and would never consider MAOIs. The improvement over what I felt a few months ago is totally enough. :D

Oh brilliant
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    My great-grandmother suffers from Alzheimer's and she doesn't remember me anymore.

It really is a shitty, shitty thing.

My grandfather was diagnosed with symptomatic Alzheimers once, as a side effect of oxygen deprivation from pneumonia. It was a slow decline, over six or seven years, and by the end of it he wasn't himself by any measure of the word

He knew who I was for the most part, and then he started to confuse me with his youngest brother. He remembered his daughters and his wife for longest but eventually all his wires got crossed and he'd only have a vague inkling that he was acquainted with people

I think what really got to me was that he was an engineer. Over his lifetime he'd trained to repair steam, diesel, and electric trains. He'd worked on the Flying Scotsman, he'd met the Queen, he was a prominent part of the rail union, he was this that and the other and he was a very bright man. He used to take things apart and put them back together again partially to see how they worked, just to keep his hand in, but mostly because he could.

And then one day he took apart his radio and he couldn't remember how to fix it.

I guess all I'm saying is... sorry to hear that, Orikae and VI

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Orik and VI, I hope you get some serious healing soon
    Sexual healing

Swordfights, that's rough stuff man. I hope you keep feeling like it's something you can talk about. In my experience, things get a lot worse when you can't.

Since we're talking about Alzheimers, let me take this opportunity to say "fuck dementia"

There are grades to Alzheimers, 1 through 7, depending on how progressed the disease is and such. There was this patient on my last ward, he just jumped went a whole grade worse overnight. From that point on, he got so restless that he didn't sleep anymore. Like, at all. It got so bad that he was falling asleep while standing up.

I kept putting him in bed, trying to get him to sleep. No dice. Felt so bad for that guy. :/

Oh brilliant
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    due to my psych major, it is fascinating to read about people on brain drugs

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    One of my uncles is dealing with early-onset Alzheimers. It's terrifying.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Unless you have pain you should probably stop taking the vicodin and valium, swords, unless you truly need them (and not out of addiction).

Taking drugs is wonky. They can interact with each other, which is why every doc will ask you to list out all the meds you're taking.
    You won't know if the stuff you're taking for anxiety and depression is working if you're taking that other stuff for fun.
    Also, don't mess with your dosage unless your doc said you could!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Okay so

um

I was taking the new dog out for a walk, and he came across some kind of roadkill and picked it up in his mouth

I kept telling him to drop it, and he wouldn't, so I tried to pry it out with my fingers

He growled, snarled and then took a chunk out of my hand

First, do I need first aid beyond antibacterial soap/band aid

Second, how fast should I bring this dog back

joshofalltrades on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    yes and asap

get the wound sterilized

gauze, antiseptic

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    But first post about it on the internet

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    Okay so

um

I was taking the new dog out for a walk, and he came across some kind of roadkill and picked it up in his mouth

I kept telling him to drop it, and he wouldn't, so I tried to pry it out with my fingers

No matter how cute, dogs are animals.

Animals do not like having their food threatened. Especially by relative strangers.

He obviously has some food aggression issues, instead of throwing your hands up and condemning it, just sign up for some obedience classes and work with the dog.

easysig2.jpg
    edited August 2011
    I already soaped it up a million times and put a band aid on it

Sooooo yeah I was trying to find out if I could do something else beyond taking Tylenol because FUCKING OW

Blood was gushing out the whole way back to my house and it's accumulating under my fingernail and did I mention it hurts like a god damn

fml

joshofalltrades on
    was it the hand that touched roadkill because

clean it again

then once more to be safe

Josh how prepared are you to assume a superhero identity

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote:

Do this.
    Don't give up on the dog.

We had to work with our dog to not get all growly with her pig ears.

I actually never got close to the roadkill, the dog took my hand off before I could

Veretas wrote:
    Josh how prepared are you to assume a superhero identity

It's a really bad time for that right now

I believe I will probably use my powers for evil

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Okay so

um

A dog is a responsibility not a hooker you throw back on the heap once it does something you don't like.

Grow up and teach your animal some manners.

I fight with my dog over bones and pig ears. He's a big wolfy bastard but I put him on his back paws up and then let him have it.

I'm a jerk but the dog respects me.

lfYVHTd.png
    Blake T wrote:
    Okay so

um

A dog is a responsibility not a hooker you throw back on the heap once it does something you don't like.

Grow up and teach your animal some manners.

It didn't wee wee on the carpet, it tore at my appendage

But thank you for being a condescending goose

Also, I have two kids in my house with a baby on the way, so a dog that has the capability of being aggressive like that really isn't in the cards for me!

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Blake stop trying to bring up your hooker pile in unrelated discourse

We know you have one, you worked hard to make it, we don't need to hear about it all the damn time

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    Jesus Josh, your run of bad luck is unfortunate.

Also, I have two kids in my house with a baby on the way, so a dog that has the capability of being aggressive like that really isn't in the cards for me!

this is exactly why i suggest trying to find it a new home if the aggressive behaviour continues

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    You kick your son out of the house if he bites someone?

At most it's a stitch or two and I bet you it's not even that.

But you know throwing something in the too hard basket is heaps fun too.

My cousin has a big old pig named Bacon as a pet

He's blind as a bat and charges anything near. So all you gotta do is stomp on the ground a bit and he gets all scared for a moment then calms down.

He is the best pig

BdVvFJu.jpg
    So now I'm wondering do I need to go to the emergency room and get it looked at to see if I need stitches

Because the blood is pooling up around the outside of the bandage and it still hurts more than, say, if I slammed my hand in the car door

Yeah it's probably better that you seek medical attention.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    Heaven forbid your first thought is, gee maybe I need to train this animal.

I blame New Zealand

BdVvFJu.jpg