As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Oblivion! (NSF56k)

• MotherFireflyMotherFirefly Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't have Xbox live (I have the 360 Version)

Does anyone know any other way for me to get the expansions?

Do you not have broadband or a way to get you Xbox on it? B/c a silver account is free. So if you have broadband you could always hook up 360 to it just to get the patches and the expansion.

Otherwise I think there is no other way on the 360 version. :|

Parents think that the "creepy old men" on live are going to come through the wireless connection and eat me, their precious daughter.

I'm considering forking up the cash to get a wireless adapter just for this bloody game, its so good.

I still don't know why they didn't put Morrowind on the updates.

MotherFirefly on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Wait, you don't get the Morrowind update if you have an xbox? So you don't get the health bars?

D:

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't have Xbox live (I have the 360 Version)

Does anyone know any other way for me to get the expansions?

Do you not have broadband or a way to get you Xbox on it? B/c a silver account is free. So if you have broadband you could always hook up 360 to it just to get the patches and the expansion.

Otherwise I think there is no other way on the 360 version. :|

Parents think that the "creepy old men" on live are going to come through the wireless connection and eat me, their precious daughter.

I'm considering forking up the cash to get a wireless adapter just for this bloody game, its so good.

I still don't know why they didn't put Morrowind on the updates.

Well they have to leave for work or run errands at some point :P

Plus you're missing out on half of the things your xbox can do. Mainly Arcade.

SpikedFreak on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Wait, you don't get the Morrowind update if you have an xbox? So you don't get the health bars?

D:

I think she's referring to the fact that Morrowind isn't on the X360 backwards compatibility list... which was a painful surprise to me when I sold my original xbox then shortly thereafter felt like playing some morrowind.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    somebody was roleplaying Batman in this game

I was thinking of doing the same with Thor

you can enchant a warhammer with lightning damage I assume

I still need to complete my playthrough as Ronald McDonald.

And people complain about Oblivion faces looking bad. This is clearly evidence to the contrary.

Sceptre on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    It isn't so much that the faces look bad, it is that the users are so unknowledgeable about anatomy that they just don't know how to put a face together.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    man I don't care how much you know about anatomy making a face in oblivion is as hard as balls

Tube on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    heh

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    edited June 2007
    It was a pretty badly designed system, although I'm sure it was really powerful. There was no undo button! Rookie error! And I never managed to make a character who didn't look fat from the side.

Tube on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It isn't so much that the faces look bad, it is that the users are so unknowledgeable about anatomy that they just don't know how to put a face together.

man what

sorry I' not a fucking surgeon. my bad.

everyone looked fat. Like: Everybody. Except the Khajit and Arragonians. Who were awesome.

august on
    edited June 2007
    I would have liked more and better hair and more variation in the beast races.

Tube on
    edited June 2007
    The Beast races were awesome because they didn't have to look like people so they looked good. And they had crazy accents. Everytime I got to talk to one instead of a man or mer it was like Christmas.

august on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I would have liked more and better hair and more variation in the beast races.
    And the ability to move a slider and NOT have the Khajiit suddenly turn mongoloid. I don't even dare touch the eye controls any more, it's like you tap them and end up with Sloth from The Goonies.

Glal on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's more to do with how moving one slider seems to move another dozen unrelated sliders.

So that's kinda annoying, to the point where I just keep clicking random till something not fugly comes up and work from there.

Edit: there we go, hi5.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    I should really start playing this again. I got to around level 20 with OOO last time.

(Damn ghosts in ruins.)

Echo on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've only recently realized that I really, really hate OOO.

I mean, yay loot lists, new equipment, and varied factions. Boo pretty much everything else.

Der Waffle Mous on
    edited June 2007
    WHY wrote: »

I mean, yay loot lists, new equipment, and varied factions. Boo pretty much everything else.

Really? I was kind of thinking about taking a go at it. What's not to like?

august on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    august wrote: »

I enjoyed everything in base OOO. Make sure you use the lite version and pick and choose the other features. Living Economy? Yay. Slower levelling? Boo.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Is there some mod that changes how much loot you can haul around? I get god damn looting OCD and psyche out if I have to leave anything behind when I could haul it back and sell it for juicy monies!

Echo on
    edited June 2007
    Default level rates are horrendously slow, which is easily fixed by loading OOO lite piecemeal. Balance in a majority of cases is, to say the least, fucktarded.

Der Waffle Mous on
    edited June 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Is there some mod that changes how much loot you can haul around? I get god damn looting OCD and psyche out if I have to leave anything behind when I could haul it back and sell it for juicy monies!

There are mods that change the encumbrance multiplier from strength, there are mods that give you a flat bonus, and there are mods which give you things like bags of holding and horse-saddlebags.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited June 2007
    If you get shadowmere you can cut him open and keep stuff inside him all nestled next to his organs

Tube on
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Graviija wrote: »
    I never really understood the leveling system until I was, like, level 35. So I missed out the stat bonuses and whatnot.

But anyway, this game simply a masterpiece. I started off really disliking it. It was my first 360 game, and it just didn't click with me. Then, months later, I just had an urge to play Oblivion, and it payed off very well. Once you understand the game world/mechanics, it's just an unbelievable blast to play.

This is my experience. What exactly made it click? I'm thinking of starting up again now that my internet connection has decided to suck.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • OneEyedJackOneEyedJack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you get shadowmere you can cut him open and keep stuff inside him all nestled next to his organs

I thought they smelled bad on the outside.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

It's ok cause he gets better a second afterwards and you can ride him around. :P

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007

oh god

that sounds like the best thing ever

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited June 2007

It's ok cause he gets better a second afterwards and you can ride him around. :P

It was a quote you jerk!

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
    edited June 2007

It was a quote you jerk!

Dante?

august on
    edited June 2007

It was a quote you jerk!

Dante?

Ha!

Solo!

han_hoth.jpg

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Anybody got a good stealth mod? Like I'm looking for good 1 hit kills with sneak attacks and arrows doing tremendous damage... It just seems like one of those games that if they simply redid the stealth, you can play the game totally different. Especially when attacking bandits outdoors for example... Sneak around, pick off the leader, then take pot shots at the rest as they scatter around/panic, and then close in with a poisoned blade and finish the last one off.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited June 2007
    There's like a full Thief mod with water arrows and shit out there. Apparently it is awesome.

august on
  • ThandorThandor __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    There's like a full Thief mod with water arrows and shit out there. Apparently it is awesome.

Water arrows?

Thandor on
    edited June 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

I enjoyed everything in base OOO. Make sure you use the lite version and pick and choose the other features. Living Economy? Yay. Slower levelling? Boo.
    Pretty much, it's pretty decent all-round to be honest, there's just a lot of things I dislike.

It just has a tendency to go to the other extreme in response to levelled creature lists, where it's balanced somewhat like an MMO.

Being that you can unexpectedly be thrown against things that you inexplicably cannot hurt, whether it's because of weapon materials or just not doing enough damage, and at the same time, can kill you in one hit.

Humanoid ghosts and Bosmer renegades, I'm looking at you.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thandor wrote: »

Water arrows?

to douse lights from a distance, for better sneaking

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    And vine arrows, and rope ones.

Fire a vine arrow at a wall and it grows a plant you can climb up to the roof with.

Same with rope ones, only you can fire them much higher and onto freestanding structures.

Doesnt work at all in Oblivion though, cause all guards have GPS tracking on you at all times.

The_Scarab on
  • ThandorThandor __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Wren wrote: »
    Thandor wrote: »

Water arrows?

to douse lights from a distance, for better sneaking

Wow, that sounds awesome. I'm going to google it.

Also, is the open cities mod worth downloading?

Thandor on
    edited June 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Doesnt work at all in Oblivion though, cause all guards have GPS tracking on you at all times.

As much as I love this game, this seriously almost breaks it.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
    edited June 2007
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I would just love a mod that made every humanoid character, including the player, take realistic damage. Arrow to the face? Dead. Stabbed in the chest? Dead. Gigantic fiery explosion? Dead.

It would only really work though if heavy armor completely deflected most attacks and casters had some way to teleport or levitate. So morrowind would work, I guess, but not oblivion.

Mai-Kero on
    edited June 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    And vine arrows, and rope ones.

Fire a vine arrow at a wall and it grows a plant you can climb up to the roof with.

Same with rope ones, only you can fire them much higher and onto freestanding structures.

No Psychic Guards mod

Open Cities is really cool, but you get around the same FPS in cities as outside. If that's OK with you, or you have a great system, go for it.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg