As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The New & Shiny Pet Thread! (NSF56K)

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    We just added two new kittens to the family. There was, no joke, a buy one-get one free special going on at the shelter. So, of course, I had to get two.

This is Atlas:
    atlaspv.jpg

This is Lily:
    lilyz.jpg

They are brother and sister. Apparently, they are some weirdo Siamese/wonky mutt mix because the other sibling that someone adopted earlier looked almost like a pure Siamese. But anyway, these guys are adorable, snuggle-monsters.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    awwww so cute! good names. I had a cat named lily and she was the best.

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Who's the guy with the two wiener dogs name buddy and dude.

GUY WITH THE WIENER DOGS POST YOUR DOGS!

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    283335_247825971896704_100000079107121_1038944_5769099_n.jpg

plus

281960_247826015230033_100000079107121_1038946_7848083_n.jpg

equals

283915_247826038563364_100000079107121_1038948_773577_n.jpg

sig2-2.jpg
    that's pretty neat

Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Dangerous, is that a belgian groenendael? If so :^: :^:

edited July 2011
    Fearghaill wrote:
    Dangerous, is that a belgian groenendael? If so :^: :^:

Haha woah, I never even knew that breed of dog existed! Sadly no, Lewis is just a mutt. He's half border collie, half miscellaneous. The resemblance is uncanny though.

Edit: Lewis and Riley playing their favorite game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgeX_xhizgo

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    That's too cute, Dangerous.
    I want your dogs

Thanks :) Alone they are cute but together they are a riot.

277481_241974675815167_100000079107121_1016062_4421852_o.jpg

sig2-2.jpg
    dat tongue

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Lewis is the prettiest of dogs.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    That is too much tongue for one dog!

• NovopainNovopain Registered User regular
    The beagle in my sig is mine.

His name is Robert Dogriguez.
    Free Wimble

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Oh wow, Lewis is beautiful.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Thanks guys :) I have more pictures, but I don't want to bombard the thread or anything so other people can post their pets.

Update: Tonight Lewis peed all over his favorite couch so we had to throw it out. Which is probably for the best anyway, as it went out of style sometime around 1982.

sig2-2.jpg
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hoover has taken to greeting me with a random gift whenever I get home.

Today's gift was a dead leaf.

hooverleaf.jpg

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Yeah, dogs and cats are both known to do that sometimes.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• TefTef Registered User regular
    hahaha @veldrin my old red heeler x kelpie used to the same thing. As soon as he saw that you were home, he'd look around for something to grab (shoes, TV remotes, whatever) and scuttle over and drop it at your feet. So cute

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote:
    Who's the guy with the two wiener dogs name buddy and dude.

GUY WITH THE WIENER DOGS POST YOUR DOGS!

My brother has brother and sister wiener dogs and desperately wanted to call them Frank and Vienna

but his wife put the kibosh on it.

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    it's good that someone nipped that in the bun

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    weekend adventures

002-1.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

021-2.jpg

026.jpg

029.jpg

034.jpg

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Where was that, Beef? Looks amazing.

Also, what breed is the short-haired one?

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Manning Park in British Columbia

The short haired one is my buddy's dog Loki. He's supposedly pure bordercollie, but he's not actually certified so it wouldn't surprise me if there's some lab in there or something

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    99gso0.jpg

Khana is the white one, Mikhail is the black one.

They've evened out at about 55-60lbs now. We think they're done growing, but they're only a year old.

cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
    I love huskies

my hockey coach has one and sometimes brings him down to the rink

the dog fuckin loves running and sliding around on the ice, I don't know if I've ever seen a happier dog.

• DaricDaric Registered User regular
    Mikhail needs so much goddamn attention. If you're sitting in the chair she will stick her front legs in it and pull herself up so she can lick you on the mouth. And if you even look at her when you walk into a room she will roll over for a tummy rub.

Khana is more of a loner, she's perfectly content to sit outside on the bench by herself but she's still a lot of fun.
    1zpnw9d.jpg

They're both just really goofy though. Mikhail unfortunately needs knee surgery on both her hind legs because she has an issue where he kneecap will pop out of the socket. It's easy to just pop it back in real quick but that's not good for her and she likes to run with Khana. It's hard enough for her to keep up since she's a lot bigger than her sister, trying to do it hobbling is even harder.

cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • EclipsedPlanetEclipsedPlanet Registered User regular
    n504235065_2012954_7622.jpg

15150_345001590065_504235065_9973927_5715069_n.jpg

15150_345001595065_504235065_9973928_4036059_n.jpg

15150_345001605065_504235065_9973929_7842965_n.jpg

229838_217108234968478_100000079107121_887461_5200059_n.jpg

228540_217110428301592_100000079107121_887472_2458351_n.jpg

253522_228249093854392_100000079107121_972907_4521452_n.jpg

sig2-2.jpg
    Classy

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    it's good that someone nipped that in the bun

Aw man, I was just thinking of you today. I realised I hadn't seen you post for a while, and thought you might have finally gotten off the forums like you had said you wanted to.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    . wrote:
    We just added two new kittens to the family. There was, no joke, a buy one-get one free special going on at the shelter. So, of course, I had to get two.

This is Atlas:
    *snip*

This is Lily:
    *snip*

They are brother and sister. Apparently, they are some weirdo Siamese/wonky mutt mix because the other sibling that someone adopted earlier looked almost like a pure Siamese. But anyway, these guys are adorable, snuggle-monsters.

Sounds like those might be Tonkinese

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    dog question: my dog typically loves walks, but recently he's been acting strange. he gets all excited when I get the leash out, walks normally for a block or so, but then he just kind of plants himself and won't go any further. I've tried going in different directions, to see if it's just a particular area he's afraid of, but he'll pretty much do it at about the same distance no matter which direction I go.

to my knowledge nothing has happened that would make him scared, and he doesn't show any signs of fear or discomfort. he just kind of stands there and looks at me, while I try to coax him further.

has anyone else had their dog start acting like this? I'm thinking about bringing some treats to try to lure him along. he really needs the exercise.

• VulnoXVulnoX Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Drew and Sydney. Drew is a Collie/Golden Retriever mix, and one of the best dogs we have ever had by far. Sydney is pure Collie, and is an awesome dog, ton's of energy and always getting into stuff.
    GWwSa.jpg
    This is Lelu, my cat, got her about a year and a half ago. I have a ton of pics of her in her varied sleeping positions. She was named after LeeLoo from Fifth Element, because since we got her she does the craziest jumps and runs from room to room and all that. I have a lot of pics of her in really high places like above our cabinets sleeping, where she had to make about 10 jumps from various levels of furniture to get there. I didn't know at the time how they spelled LeeLoo in the movie, so her name doesn't spell the same, but its easier that way.
    fKDYp.jpg
    This is Amy, my Wife's cat of almost 11 years. She has about the strongest slaps I have ever seen from a cat. When she pins one of her toys, it stays there, its unreal the power this cat has. Plus her eyes are huge.
    0MsU9.jpg

Some additional pics below, just didn't want to take up an entire page so spoiler'd.
    More recent pic of Drew, my mom gets her hair trimmed down a lot during the summer because Drew gets so uncomfortable, she always looks several years younger when she does, dog is like 11 years old in this pic.
    7JxYx.jpg
    More recent pic of Sydney, the one above is when she was a puppy, she is about six or seven now I believe.
    C2UgQ.jpg
    Another of Lelu
    QZpj9.jpg
    Finally, another of Sydney. She can only sleep if she has a pillow, like a full on human pillow. She used to jump up in the bed with my parents and lay nose to nose with my mom using her pillow, which was always waking my mom up so she got her own bed next to theirs.
    fl3eJ.jpg
    Lelu
    iAMY0.jpg
    Early pic of Lelu and Amy, one of our favorites.
    d5Goa.jpg

VulnoX on
    Scudo wrote:
    dog question: my dog typically loves walks, but recently he's been acting strange. he gets all excited when I get the leash out, walks normally for a block or so, but then he just kind of plants himself and won't go any further. I've tried going in different directions, to see if it's just a particular area he's afraid of, but he'll pretty much do it at about the same distance no matter which direction I go.

to my knowledge nothing has happened that would make him scared, and he doesn't show any signs of fear or discomfort. he just kind of stands there and looks at me, while I try to coax him further.

has anyone else had their dog start acting like this? I'm thinking about bringing some treats to try to lure him along. he really needs the exercise.

He might be having some discomfort brought on by the exercise, maybe some circulation or respiration problems or even something simple like muscle or joint or back pain?

Take him to a vet.

• ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    that's the weird thing, he went to the vet last week for a routine checkup and got a clean bill of health. and he plays just fine in the backyard, he wears me out running around back there. it seems to be something very specific re: walking. the more I think about it, the more I wonder if he had a bad experience with a neighbor dog or the geese from the nearby pond that sometimes walk around the neighborhood.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Aah, Amy has such beautiful big eyes, @VulnoX

So I guess my parents have acquired a third cat!

The first cat is Millie, who they adopted when she was twelve years old.

The second cat is Crystal, who is absurdly shy, but has taken a liking to my dad. She's my brother's fiancee's cat, but she and my brother are getting married this weekend and then they're off on a year-long honeymoon, so my parents are keeping Crystal for a year. Crystal was abandoned by a family when they moved house. She'd been locked up in the empty house for two weeks before the estate agents found her. It's taken my brother and his fiancee years to get her to trust humans again.

The third cat's name I haven't discovered yet, but my dad just told me it'd been left to him in a client's will (he's a vet)! So... I guess he has a legal responsibility to look after it now!

Janson on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Was the vet visit before or after the issue cropped up, @Scudo?
    Did you describe it to the vet? They might be able to give insight or look further into something that caught their eye but brushed off as normal due to no accompanying symptoms.

I adore Drew, @VulnoX
    More pics of him please!

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Dang, just straight-up leaving your cat in the empty house when you leave. That is some stone-cold shit