As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Request for a personal piece of art.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Transplants are notoriously difficult to cope with and handle just with medicine itself.

I can't imagine my girlfriend's transplant having gone well at all without at least one person dedicated to see them through it. I can't stress enough how difficult it is. And hers was relatively routine, as opposed to a lung transplant.

You deserve it though, everyone does. I'm not a doctor but your support structure is great, and you'll be approved.

My one piece of advice on this topic, get lots of clocks. The medicine needs to be taken on a relatively strict schedule.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Saint MajikSaint Majik Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    thanks for the advice. i already take a lot of meds as it is, but im sure the anti-rejection meds have to be on a much tighter schedule. also i have come to believe that post-op you should be very mindful of how clean your hands are due to the constant high risk of infection, am i right?

Saint Majik on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, not so much. You should obviously follow standard hand washing rules, before and after the bathroom, before dinner, after getting dirty. After cleaning or anything that might be dirty.

Don't be a hobo, and it's no problem. Be mindful if what you put near your mucus membranes (nose, ears, eyes, penis, butt, vagina). You're going to be a huge assortment of rejection medicines and infection reducing medicines to help emulate your destroyed immune system.

My girlfriend gets less sick than I do now. Though she feels less "healthy" than I do. But wayyyy more healthy than she did. Take it easy, pace yourself if you need to do any sort of physical activity (doubly so for a lung transplant bro!)

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    bowen you missed out the "taking" in the second sentence of the second paragraph and it is mildly confusing
    just fyi

Tam on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    thanks for the feedback. while i dont plan on being a hobo (hahaha btw), i do already get a lil bit ill everyday after i take my morning meds (6 sometimes 7 pills at once), so i hope the old stomach will be at least a lil bit tolerant. whats the point of being able to breathe real good if you just lay around and throw up all day? it will be nice to not get winded just going up and down the 5 stairs from my door to my kitchen again tho :)

Saint Majik on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    bowen you missed out the "taking" in the second sentence of the second paragraph and it is mildly confusing
    just fyi

I've got stupid fingers. :)
    thanks for the feedback. while i dont plan on being a hobo (hahaha btw), i do already get a lil bit ill everyday after i take my morning meds (6 sometimes 7 pills at once), so i hope the old stomach will be at least a lil bit tolerant. whats the point of being able to breathe real good if you just lay around and throw up all day? it will be nice to not get winded just going up and down the 5 stairs from my door to my kitchen again tho :)

I imagine! Good luck bro, every time you think the pain wasn't worth it, just remember when going up and down 5 stairs made you exhausted and out of breath.

bowen on
  • Options
    AftermathReviewsAftermathReviews Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Incredible. Seriously moved me. It's a great thing when an artist is able to help like this.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Good luck with everything Michael!

AftermathReviews on
    www.aftermathreviews.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KitAlexHarrisonKitAlexHarrison Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hello, Mr. Kneubehl.

I'm afraid my drawing skill isn't very great - but I'm equally afraid I could not pass this thread by without attempting to give you your wish. I'd never dream of posting something in the Art forum, but today is different.

I humbly present to you my attempt at your art.

Pearlygates.png

KitAlexHarrison on
    PennyArcadeSig.png

• Options
    thanks everyone for still caring enough to post in this thread. this last wednesday i went in for a check-up and everything was "ok"... well as "ok" as everything can be at the moment

• Options
    Anything ever happen with this? Just wondering because I was interested to see.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Oh god this thread

You guys are wonderful people

My love goes out to you op

You are the swellest guy

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    SpikeSpiegelSpikeSpiegel Registered User regular
    This community is amazing. Can't wait to see what Tam finishes.

Best of luck, Michael! Keep strong.

• Options
    thanks Spike and everyone else for still having an interest in this thread :)

• Options
    Being the tremendous jackass that I am, stuff came up after my semester was over and then I forgot. Really really sorry about the lateness, Michael. I hope everything's going well for you.
    2nq8rur.jpg

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    God even your rough line work is beautiful.

• Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    omg Tam that's awesome! *Hits the report button*

edit: report for AWESOME that is!

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    So I'm getting kinda tired, birthday shinnegains are catching up to me, But I did the first rough pass on this:
    Majik.jpg

I gotta work all weekend, and I have another commission I need to do, so I'll have this colored up next week. Tam the lines are excellent btw.

• Options
    daaang

• Options
    So much awesome.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Wow, @Tam and @Iruka, those are amazing.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Good job, guys! That's starting to look mighty awesome.

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Words fail me (isn't that phrase sort of paradoxical though?)
    (never mind that, you guys are awesome)
    (parentheses)

• Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    That's looking beautiful! It's really great that you two were able to help the OP out.

• Options
    webofinkwebofink Registered User regular
    Amazing.

It's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    i dont even know how to start this post off... other than by just saying that I feel blessed to have you guys working on what was once only a vision in my head and bringing it to fruition.

also, on the personal front i got a call on Aug. 5th saying that the consortium met and evaluated my case and i am indeed on the actual transplant list :) it's kinda scary knowing that at any time of any day i could get the call to go to Cleveland and jump right into the procedure, but i guess its all for the best right? also i just went to the Steel City Con in Pittsburgh, PA and got to meet Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) and Tony Todd (Candy Man) which was pretty awesome... even tho I go winded and had to sit down a dozen times in the hour or two that i was there each day... thank God for the unlimited refills they had on fountain pop! (seriously, what conventions ever offer that?) and i got some good pieces for my Vader Shrine and some good pieces of art. Also i got to take my JUST finished (the day before the con started) X-Wing Pilot Uniform on its first test run, which went pretty well. Tell me what you think of the outfit :):):)

anyways im getting off track here, thank thank thank THANK THANK you everyone for continuing to help out this hopeful comic book nerd. there is still good in this world after all.

Click the thumbnails to see the pictures full size

th_SAM_0803.jpg
    Jeremy Bulloch and myself

th_SAM_0818.jpg
    Tony Todd and myself

th_SAM_0826.jpg
    a 501st Stormtrooper (the paint-style not the actual group) and myself

• Options
    AwkAwk Registered User regular
    Are you... affiliating yourself with the Empire...?

• Options
    I like how your costume kind of plays off your breathing stuff there. Pretty neat.

And yes it's for the good. I can't comment on your situation exactly but seeing my girlfriend practically on her death bed from dialysis make a complete 180 and not look like death was on her door was worth every bit of hardship. It'll be worth it for you too.

• Options
    NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    fucking awesome guys.

• Options
    PaxtynPaxtyn Registered User new member
    Not sure if anyone still follows this post, Mike passed away at the Cleveland Clinic yesterday. God Bless him may he rest in peace. :cry:

• Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    That's too bad to hear :( . I was wondering how he was doing recently. My condolences.

• Options
    PaxtynPaxtyn Registered User new member
    I used to go to church with him years ago and heard of his passing yesterday, I googled his name to see if the obituary was up yet and came across this thread. sry to bring the sad news.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure he's chilling out somewhere with a stack of old comics waiting for the love of his life to show up.

• Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    Paxtyn -- a quick search and this is all I came up with, http://www.vindy.com/news/deaths/2012/jan/12/michael-kneubeh/

• Options
    squaresquare Cockbutt TurinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    This thread is both wonderful and sad. My condolences.

@Tam and @iruka you guys are a gift sent from another dimension, aren't you? I respect you both.

square on
    Mm9Qsm4.png
  • Options
    sarnickosarnicko Registered User regular
    made me incedibly sad to hear this and cry :( guy seemed like such an awesome person

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    That's tough to hear Paxtyn, but thanks for bringing the update. I know he didn't post much on the forums, but this thread really showed how great a community this forum can be.
    He seemed like a cool person, and it sucks to know I'll not get the chance to actually meet him in person or talk to him online.

While I hesitate to speak for the forum as a whole, I feel fairly confident in saying this, if any other friends or family stumble across this thread, know that he'll be missed by us.

see317 on
  • Options
    Jshuler24Jshuler24 Registered User new member
    I would first like to say a huge thank you on behalf of his family and friends, I feel confident they would all agree with that statement. I have never been on this site but plan to now, u guys are amazing and what u did for mike, it really means a lot more then u may ever know. My name is josh and I have been one of mikes best friends for a long time, and he truly was a amazing person and the best friend a guy could of had. I am still mourning and came across this post looking for his obituary, truly touched my heart and to know that u helped create his vision, I can't even express what that meant to me as his friend. He passed in his sleep Tuesday night and will be forever missed , but what I am posting to find out is, was this art ever delivered to him, it was his goal to see she got it and I intend to see that she did or does receive it. If anyone has any information please let me know, again thank you for what u did. Jshuler24@gmail.com

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Paxtyn wrote:
    Not sure if anyone still follows this post, Mike passed away at the Cleveland Clinic yesterday.

:v:
    Paxtyn wrote:
    God Bless him may he rest in peace. :cry:

:^:

Sorry to hear. You have my condolences.

• Options
    Mes3Mes3 Lurking behind your toilet Registered User regular
    May God carry his family and friends through this rough time. Its never easy.

Did this ever get completely finished?

http://rjnewman.blogspot.com/ | Follow me on instagram @ messiah3x
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    My condolences. Mike seemed like a cool guy. Here's to hoping he has enough comics to read while he waits for his love.