As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] 08/21 PAX 5v5 tournament announced!

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    To everyone who played with me last game: super sorry. Fucking spilled juice on the keyboard, couldn't do shit

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Also, dogpile. Hilarious.

Glad someone caught that. :P

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I've been on a mean losing streak. I need someone good to carry me on their broad shoulders for a few games until I regain my confidence.

• Options
    Eddy wrote:
    To everyone who played with me last game: super sorry. Fucking spilled juice on the keyboard, couldn't do shit

For all the trouble you were having, we figured it was something like superglue.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Well everything started going bonkers, my mouse wouldn't respond half the time

Playing on a laptop carries its risks...

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote:

What was Fucking doing drinking juice over your keyboard? Also, who is Fucking? Is he your roommate? :P

• Options
    Impale (Ultimate): Skarner suppresses an enemy champion and deals magic damage to it. During this time, skarner can move freely and will drag his helpless victim around with him. When the effect ends, Skarner's target will be dealt additional damage.

Into the fountain you go.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Hoolleee sheeeeaaaattt

Dragging people into turrets early game is insanely powerful.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    A friend told me I should play this. It's patching right now. I have a feeling that I'm going to have no idea what to do and stop playing after one game like last time.

The colbycheese videos in the OP are not helpful. I have no idea what he's talking about and even I can tell he's just mad cuz he lost and wants to whine about his teammates.

Houn on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    the colby videos are for people who know the basics they cover decision making after you know how to play

here is a pretty good starting video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_78J6FEouM

Some things have changed, like exhaust doesn't blind people and the mastery he calls out is actually pretty good

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    So I decided to get good at Ryze, which are you supposed to level first, w or e?

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    Nabob wrote:
    So I decided to get good at Ryze, which are you supposed to level first, w or e?

Level Q, take a solo lane, and farm a lot. Stack mana-tanky items. Core is Tear, Catalyst, RoA, and Frozen Heart. AP doesn't really matter on him.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Fuck the new champion looks awesome

I have like a few weeks to play this lets see if I can afford him

Who was the dude with the glowy sword in the Lenora champion spotlight? Was that Kassadin?

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I am excited for Dominion.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote:
    sorry for the repost... but I'm happy about it.

I had a great game! Went as Singed after two terribly, terribly bad games (Amumu, had trouble with my skillshot, always turned my despair toggle off when getting near (I'm used to pressing ability buttons when near. >_<, then Jax, had a d/connect and a really bad start.)

I got 9/1/5. I was laning with Raiden333. He was Nasus. He had a pretty good score too, something like 5/4/9. (We were pretty consistent, hehe).

At first, I was a bit nervous because we were laning against Master Yi and Singed. I mean, I was afraid I once laned against a Singed/Nocturne team and got murdered thanks to his fling. So, you know, Nervous and, with the luck I had, I had good reason to be nervous. Before the game, I asked for some advice in the channel and followed it, investing in Fling before Toxic gas. It went exceedingly well. The Yi ended with 12 deaths or so and Singed probably died around 4 times, at the least. The guy was a lot more cautious... However, he was not very talented as a Singed. What was pretty great is that he died at least two times from both of us flinging the other. It was like something out of a samurai movie. I got the hang of Singed. Be Audacious, Be Fearless, Be Insane. I also learned that singed is great with people who tend to over-extend. Let's just say Yi dies 12 times because he chased me a couple times too many and also because he never learned that Nasus' stick is massive.

Also, I finally got around to using potions. This is something I'll try to invest in more often.

TL;DR: 2 Singed entered, flung each other, 1 Singed died. I survived and laughed.

Oh hey, new thread, I'm reposting too. Wish you could still delete posts.

Hey, my score for that game was 9/3/3! One of my best yet!

Seriously, we made a fucking awesome team. The second one of the enemies in our lane would over-extend even a little bit, I would slap a wither on him, 21st would throw him behind us, and we'd dogpile him to death in a few seconds before they could run away. Good fucking times.

Congrats guys! Good to see you dudes working together. Keep at it, the game only gets better.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    "Jarvan will no longer follow the target while he is in the air during Cataclysm"

fuck this game forever

Yeah I didn't quite understand his ult changes

So like, if they flash away while you're in the air, you just land where they were? Or something?

that's what it sounds like

the ult used to track to where if your target flashed while you were mid-jump you'd follow them and land on their new location... which admittedly was probably unintended, but god it was so funny.

That sounds pretty great. I almost never want to go where they flashed, it usually ends up being trouble for j4.

I had a game where I was playing jarvan, and a warwick who had diven our carries was rather low and about to get away. He was also close to their melees trying to get towards our carries, so I thought I would trap them there.
    However, he flashed while I where midair. At the same time he flashed, their fiddles ulted in. And their miss Fortune started her ult. And I landed caging my carries. In both their ults. Needless to say, I dropped that wall asap, but we still lost that teamfight.

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    Hoolleee sheeeeaaaattt

Is his ulti a skillshot?

And what is it's range?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote:
    Rami wrote:
    Hoolleee sheeeeaaaattt

Is his ulti a skillshot?

And what is it's range?

I can just imagine the combos of him with the other punters / taunters like Blitz / Ali / Trist etc.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I've been trying out a new Monkey build. Half inspired by Kanye-ing everything into glass cannons and half by some random youtube vid I found.
    21/6/3 (I just can't give up the resists and armor in this tree)
    Dorans
    Zerkers
    Brut since it's still good but I'm not going all the way to Ghostblade
    Sword of Divine because the speed on this item alone is crazy, and the active is for F YOU JAX, NO MORE DODGEY
    Bloodthirster
    Black Cleaver

I try to save the E dash for after I Q them first. Even though Q is bugged it still helps a little with the damage. Been experimenting with using the W to mask my approach and it's had mixed results. I'm still not completely comfortable with giving up my escape move.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    So, I just managed to find a new worst game in 1400 games, which is impressive.

This game is incredibly fun when it is great, good in a typical game, but holy shit, I'd rather have someone hold red hot metal on my skin than ever play another game like that again. It's just so incredibly, potently unfun to get focused by damage / CC. And doubly so when you go from dominating your lane to being like a 0.5 k/d

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    I'm going to play sooooo much nasus post-patch. Better slow, better lifesteal early on, better siphoning strike... unf unf unf.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I bought Pantheon with IP last week.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Arikado wrote:
    I'm glad I bought Pantheon with IP last week.

If it's like before, and you play a lot of Ranked, you'll be disappointed. He was banned all the time every time.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    just went

23/1/15

FEELING GREAT

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    I like the "will now automatically try to melee dudes after dash attack" thing for various peeps

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    So in my last 2 games with Nasus I've gone 9/2/9 and 10/4/24 in solid wins. And they're giving him significant buffs tomorrow?

Excellent.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I like the "will now automatically try to melee dudes after dash attack" thing for various peeps

I would like it... except it doesn't actually work as described, as I discovered with Akali. The champion very, very rarely actually makes the damn auto-attack after the dash.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Just played again after a few months off, went 8/12/35 with singed

not too bad, even though we lost to a rather brilliant back dooring strategy

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Good Katarina games are the best. All poppin' in with murder then running away.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote:

I would like it... except it doesn't actually work as described, as I discovered with Akali. The champion very, very rarely actually makes the damn auto-attack after the dash.

well it does say that the character will ATTEMPT to make the attack

emot-eng101.gif

• Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    i guess we're not patching tomorrow?

AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Tommatt wrote:
    Teach me amumu! I'm starting to really like the guy mid/late game.

I've been leveling E-Q-E-W-E--R

Items I go regrowth pendant or shield, to philosophers stone and sun fire cape. I've also been getting the ninja boots for dodge (do this kn all melee)

Popping Q then E does good dmg, and with good team mates his stuns are deadly. Also, he's pretty easy in team fights. Find a way into the middle. Hit R-W-E and hope your survive/the enemy dies heh.

Any tips on him/items?
    Just chiming in late to give a second opinion

Assuming this is a laning build

Yeah, that's the right order. After that I tend to do R > E > W > Q, but Q > W is acceptable as well. I like W because around that time team fights are going to start picking up and I like the AoE damage, but getting the second bandage in if fights are breaking up quickly is also acceptable.

Items wise:
    Cloth+Pots or Regrowth+Pots
    Heart of Gold or Philo (your prerogative)
    Boots1
    Chalice
    Boots2 (Almost always Merc's)
    Sunfire/Rylai's/Abyssal in whatever order you prefer

Sunfire/Abyssal are the safe choices if you're doing 'okay' and those are the damage types you need to defend against. Rylai's first is the "we're owning and need to stop dudes from running" option.

Alternate start would be to
    Sapphire+Pots
    Catalyst
    Boots1
    RoA/Boots2 (Merc's/Sorc)
    go from there

AP laning Amumu is either hilarious or failboat. It depends on your team (really you should bring an AoE team for this).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    Squidget0 wrote:
    Nabob wrote:

Level Q, take a solo lane, and farm a lot. Stack mana-tanky items. Core is Tear, Catalyst, RoA, and Frozen Heart. AP doesn't really matter on him.

I knooooow you level Q first. I mean after that.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    The snare

then you can Q, root, walk a bit closer, Q, walk away

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote:

... the patch isn't out yet

or am I missing something

• Options
    The Ender wrote:

... the patch isn't out yet

or am I missing something

They applied the same 'attempts to auto-attack after dash' mechanic to Akali a couple of patches ago.

I haven't noticed it making any difference.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    oh hehe haha small lux buffs

yay

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Welp, a combination of Nasus being my favorite character + him no longer being free + him getting buffed + LoL being my new favorite game, I ended up dropping some cash on the Digital Collector's Pack. I'm officially invested in this shit now.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    Good. Now to fully be one of us, you must complain about shitty teammates and how <insert character here> is overpowered.