As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2011 BYOC Info/FAQ - SOLD OUT!

• ThePimpImpThePimpImp Registered User regular
    Totally missed BYOC signups, got over it pretty fast. Sure BYOC was great the 4 years I attended PAX, but it was lackluster 2 years ago for me and pax isn't a lan centric event, always a small part of a massive show. Now I just gotta find out how to make my pax experience awesome in totally new ways.

• G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    Yes but BYOC, is also a great place to store your crap while you mingle with the masses.

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • AGlassOfMilkAGlassOfMilk Registered User regular
    G4MER wrote:
    Yes but BYOC, is also a great place to store your crap while you mingle with the masses.

I think of it as my base of operations...

• japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    G4MER wrote:

Unless you're actually a gamer, then it gets really annoying that half of BYOC attendees treat it as a storage locker.

7jIDTca.png
  • imp22bimp22b Registered User regular
    FYI: I wont be able to attend PAX Prime this year. I just put in for a refund request for my BYOC badge. Maybe someone can grab it if needed.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Next year: BYOC replaced with bag check!

/notreally

E6LkoFK.png

• disposablecompdisposablecomp Registered User regular
    japerry wrote:
    G4MER wrote:

Unless you're actually a gamer, then it gets really annoying that half of BYOC attendees treat it as a storage locker.

I don't think someone not spending every waking moment in BYOC makes them any less a gamer. I did BYOC for the first time last year and I didn't spend most of my time there. Yes, I dropped stuff off or picked stuff up, but to me and my friend it was nice knowing we had a spot to relax at any moment, a place to just get away from the crowds, and a place we could GAME with our games. I am not a big multiplayer person, and when I do I only feel comfortable playing with people I know. I am still a GAMER.

Hey guys, how about we don't have this argument.

Yeah, I agree with me, that's a great idea.

E6LkoFK.png

• disposablecompdisposablecomp Registered User regular
    My apology, I wasn't trying to start one. I just found it an unfair comment. I will stand down. :-)

It's not just your fault. I'm just trying to stop unnecessary arguments before they get out of hand.

E6LkoFK.png

• GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    Hopefully BYOC will be bigger next year. :) Been refreshing the page for a few weeks now with no luck.

• alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    I love BYOC, even though I don't play the "popular" games. I found out about Peggle in BYOC two years ago, and I've raided in WoW from BYOC (got our first Argent Tournament clear with my 25-man team on Saturday of PAX 2009), and I've played a lot of Civ and some silly other games too. I've also had a ball just talking to people throughout the weekend, finding walking partners to get snacks with, and generally enjoying a microcosm of the PAX experience. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    How do we receive our BYOC Badges?

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    BYOC desk when you check in your computer. As the FAQ says, check-in starts when the doors to the convention center open at 8AM. Unless things have changed from years past, you can head straight to BYOC, check-in, setup, then either chill in BYOC room or head to the queue room (no, you can't enter expo hall at 8:05AM, nice try).

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    mmk so ill get there at 8 to pickup my BYOC badge and get my rig all setup?

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Should be able to pick up your BYOC badge on Thursday at reg... I will confirm this though.

BYOC lineup usually starts at 7am-ish. Depends how many people show up that early.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    I can't find my confirmation email with my barcode, and can't find where to have it resent.

cp468kw5.gif
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    Should be able to pick up your BYOC badge on Thursday at reg... I will confirm this though.

Eeeexcellent. I'll stop by on my way home Thursday to get mine if you confirm it happens. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    BYOC lineup usually starts at 7am-ish. Depends how many people show up that early.

7am-ish? You mean as soon as they start letting people in the Convention Center? I think I was there around 6:00-6:30am last time. Pre-PAX-BYOC line party @ 5:30am?

edited August 2011
    spydey wrote:
    I can't find my confirmation email with my barcode, and can't find where to have it resent.

Thats because it hasn't been emailed yet :P

Look for it around the weekend before PAX.

BigRed on
  • AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    Pretty sure I got all group requests PM'ed and emailed to me taken care of.
    Yay! Thanks for all the work! [EFz] all setup.

vhkbviT.png
    Last year we had some streaming of the concerts and such. Will there be live streaming again this year? It'd be great to be able to watch the keynote or such from byoc.

One of my favorite moments was gaming in byoc to the music of the concerts.

vhkbviT.png
    Yes there will be a main theater stream /w audio over vent

Downside is there will only be 1 projector screen this time (due to smaller space) but the audio will be there.

• sizzlersamsizzlersam (Retired) [E] PC Room Network Registered User regular
    random question... will swag bags be available at the BYOC checkin?

46Eamp0.png
    sizzlersam wrote:
    In previous years, your swag bag was at your seat.

vhkbviT.png
    BigRed wrote:

Downside is there will only be 1 projector screen this time (due to smaller space) but the audio will be there.

Any chance you guys have an idea of where the projector will be? Last year the projector was in our group seating area, so if possible we'd like to avoid it this year.

vhkbviT.png
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    Alphonsis wrote:
    sizzlersam wrote:

Not a guarantee that it will happen this year. Wait for official word.

PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
    Alphonsis wrote:
    sizzlersam wrote:

Swagbag will be on your seat again this year. I will make sure of it.
    Alphonsis wrote:
    BigRed wrote:

Any chance you guys have an idea of where the projector will be? Last year the projector was in our group seating area, so if possible we'd like to avoid it this year.

Its in the back of the room.

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Red, thank you for managing all of this. It really does take a load off of my mind to know that me and The Boy have a place to hang out and play and chill.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

edited August 2011
    Thanks RED.. you're a hell-of-a guy!

G4MER on
    g4mer_paxsig.png
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote:
    Thats because it hasn't been emailed yet :P

Look for it around the weekend before PAX.

Oh good, then I won't panic yet. :D

cp468kw5.gif
    Merged from BYOC CCP/EVE POD Anual Race Event
    Cryptic wrote:
    BYOC CCP/EVE POD Anual Race Event

Rules:

Pod Racers Must be a member of the BYOC event.
    Pod Racers Must have the recent EVE client installed and patched.
    Pod Racers Must create a new character for use on the day of the POD race. This will be checked and verified for every character in the race to ensure every participant was created on that day.
    Pod Racers Must meet up with the participants at the designated location at the designated time (start line).
    When the "Start Line/System" is announced, the POD Racers will be given 1 hour (plenty of time) to get to the start location/system.
    *Note* Please make it your best effort to ensure your machine is Installed, patched and ready to go at the designated time. Any participants causing a prolonged wait time in the event will be disqualified.
    When the race starts, Capsoleers make best speed to the first checkpoint. Yes, those that wish to can change their clone stations along the way in case you are killed to respawn at a closer station so you don't lose too much ground but remember, that costs ISK and we will not be handing any out :) if you want some iskies for this feel free to go into Jita and sell your pet or beg for it, or hell, may-b even get an hour or 2 of game play done in the game and earn some for yourself :)
    There will be 2 checkpoints (Start system, checkpoint 1, checkpoint 2, and then the finish line) and your new destination will be given once you get to that checkpoint. Example:
    Start system, Checkpoint 1 will be announced (normally stated in local chat) at the start of the race & You race there. Once you reach checkpoint 1, checkpoint 2 destination will be given to you (normally stated in local chat). When you get to checkpoint 2, the finish line system will be given to you (normally stated in local chat), etc.

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for... PRIZES!!

CCP was extremely generous this year and donated the following prizes to the top 3 winners:

1st - Full Faction Battleship Set + InGame Monocle (Holy cow, what a Massive Grand Prize!)
    2nd - EVE Conquests Board game + InGame Monocle (Awesome Second prize! Heard the Board game is Sweet!)
    3rd - 2 x 60 Day Time Codes + InGame Monocle (2 timecodes for Eve? Holy cow, Can even turn into Plex if you wanted to? SWEET!)

Signups for this year’s POD race will be at the BYOC section, just feel free to look for me (Cryptic) and I’ll answer any questions you may have, I’ll more than likely be up near the admin booth for a good majority of the weekend.

We want to thank Mike & CCP for their donations/sponsorship and remind everyone to please check out their booth at PAX.

E6LkoFK.png

Hey MOE,

What if we never played EVE before? Can we still get in the race? ( read in a Curly voice ) ;) Whyayayayaayaya... lol

g4mer_paxsig.png
    Moe probably isn't the one to ask, he just merged the thread.

If I recall theres a trial period for eve... so you should be able to get in on the race if you want.

• GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    Given that it's a pod race, anybody should be able to participate. :) If I were you, I would download the client and patch it while at home before heading to PAX since the patches can be pretty big.

• CrypticCryptic Registered User new member
    Anyone in the BYOC Section can participate, you don't have to have played eve before to join in on the fun, they do have a free 14 day trial (if I remember correctly) so you can download it and install it and patch it a couple days before the PAX if you wanted to so you can get a feel for it. I'll try to pop on here a couple times a day to answer any questions you may have.

Cryptic Power - Intel Lanfest Network Team
    http://lanfest.intel.com/
  • MaetrixMaetrix Registered User regular
    GeeCee wrote:
    Given that it's a pod race, anybody should be able to participate. :) If I were you, I would download the client and patch it while at home before heading to PAX since the patches can be pretty big.

Here's hoping Eve doesn't release a patch the day-of... >.<

Blog | Twitter | Raptr | BUTTONEER!
    PAX2011 STATUS:"WAS MONDO AWESOME!"
    PAX2012 STATUS:"Is it too soon yet?!"
  • FreAkFreAk Milton, WaRegistered User regular
    @G4MER: I first participated in the pod race in 09, actually stopped playing wow for a few months after and did Eve instead. Then one day my ship got blown up in high sec space (6 months of hard work down the tubes), so I went back to WoW. Did the pod race again in 2010 because its just such a cool event.

AMG Productive member of society again!
  • FreAkFreAk Milton, WaRegistered User regular
    @BigRed: Whats the rules on coolers? I'm assuming ice chests are permitted, but we should use frozen gel packs instead of ice? Looking for a way to keep my Bawls nice and cold.

AMG Productive member of society again!
    edited August 2011
    FreAk wrote:
    @BigRed: Whats the rules on coolers? I'm assuming ice chests are permitted, but we should use frozen gel packs instead of ice? Looking for a way to keep my Bawls nice and cold.

Rule is the same as last year. Small* personal coolers (with no ice, use the gel) will be allowed.

*If it has wheels and/or more than 1 handle then it wont be allowed in.

BigRed on
This discussion has been closed.