As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] 08/21 PAX 5v5 tournament announced!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Upcoming LoL Skins
    (Thanks to our Russian friends across the way.)

Unchained Alistar
    WDAJf.jpg

Arctic Warfare Caitlyn
    rdosw.jpg

Rugged Garen
    2bzdI.jpg

Classic Janna
    2xRfg.jpg

Judgement Kayle
    2ZfbW.jpg

Obsidian Malphite
    ig0qH.jpg

Riot K-9 Nasus
    wvwyU.jpg

Bloodstone Taric
    8qZD6.jpg

----

Sandscourge Skarner
    FDkfD.jpg

Earthrune Skarner
    NambX.jpg

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Oh god rugged Garen I am swooning so much.

SO MUCH.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Free Galio week is best week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Yo leaguers

Check this

edit - wiiiiiiiinnnnnnndddssssssss

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yo leaguers

Check this

edit - wiiiiiiiinnnnnnndddssssssss

Already ahead of yo 'Fo.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Everyone gets the Kayle skin right?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    If you have played 10 games

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Everyone gets the Kayle skin right?

Assuming you played at least 10 games in Season 1 (who hasn't?), yes.

• Options
    ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    Have they region locked the servers?
    For some reason the US one isn't available to me while the EU nordic one is.

Bugger.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    US Servers still down for patch

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Shanadeus wrote:

Bugger.

Patch downtime, NA gets it first.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Shanadeus wrote:

Bugger.

I dunno maybe?

US servers arent' available at all though. Going through scheduled patch maintenance for at least 30 more minutes.

edit: I am the Slord Slowmodeus

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    another caitlyn skin? are you shitting me?

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Good LORD a Taric skin that doesn't look awful?

Awfully cool down in hell.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I like both of skarner's skins a lot

also malphite's

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    another caitlyn skin? are you shitting me?

At least her gun is finally going to be a bit different. I mean, I can never tell the difference between the skins if there is one.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Eh, in game it's not nearly as cool

edit - regarding Taric skin

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Imperfect wrote:
    Good LORD a Taric skin that doesn't look awful?

Awfully cool down in hell.

The Chinese art makes Taric look manly.
    English makes him look fabulous.

• Options
    Eh, in game it's not nearly as cool

edit - regarding Taric skin

To be fair in game we've seen it for all of 10 seconds and from an angle where his red ruby hammer overshadows most of his body.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    So last night pretty much made me want to quit this game.

10 games down in Normals now.

1st Game: Go 9/1/3 as Malz before 20 minutes. Top lane Cho and Ashe go 0/6/2 and 1/7/0 Bot lane Karma and MF go 1/5/0, 1/9/0
    2nd Game: Malzahar, 4/1/5. Top lane Trynd and Kat go 4/15 and 1/7, feeding Jax. Bottom lane was an unmemorable Teemo and Amumu.

It was the third game that really killed me though. I was already pissed, and as a result, not playing my best.

Ashe/Sivir/Amumu/Heimer/Irelia(me). Ashe was really the only person that got kills that game. Unfortunately, my lane opponent in bot lane was Xin/Morde. The moment I stepped from underneath the tower, they straight up dove and murdered me. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, just hang back and last hit at tower.

Except our Heimer was dead set on the fact that the correct way to play this game was to sit at the tower with full health and full mana, have one turret up, and never last hit. Due to his passivity, Morde and Xin learned early how to dive and get kills on an underleveled Heimer.

I went 1/8/15, Heimer went 1/17/3. Nothing to be proud of on my part, but it certainly wasn't helped by the most infuriating lane partners I've never gone up against, and a shitlord Heimer.

Just gonna.

Uninstall.

Probably not, but for my first three games in 5 days, I sure as hell don't want to play tonight.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Priest wrote:
    So last night pretty much made me want to quit this game.

10 games down in Normals now.

1st Game: Go 9/1/3 as Malz before 20 minutes. Top lane Cho and Ashe go 0/6/2 and 1/7/0 Bot lane Karma and MF go 1/5/0, 1/9/0
    2nd Game: Malzahar, 4/1/5. Top lane Trynd and Kat go 4/15 and 1/7, feeding Jax. Bottom lane was an unmemorable Teemo and Amumu.

It was the third game that really killed me though. I was already pissed, and as a result, not playing my best.

Ashe/Sivir/Amumu/Heimer/Irelia(me). Ashe was really the only person that got kills that game. Unfortunately, my lane opponent in bot lane was Xin/Morde. The moment I stepped from underneath the tower, they straight up dove and murdered me. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, just hang back and last hit at tower.

Except our Heimer was dead set on the fact that the correct way to play this game was to sit at the tower with full health and full mana, have one turret up, and never last hit. Due to his passivity, Morde and Xin learned early how to dive and get kills on an underleveled Heimer.

I went 1/8/15, Heimer went 1/17/3. Nothing to be proud of on my part, but it certainly wasn't helped by the most infuriating lane partners I've never gone up against, and a shitlord Heimer.

Just gonna.

Uninstall.

Probably not, but for my first three games in 5 days, I sure as hell don't want to play tonight.

Yeah, I do enjoy this game when things are going well. However, few games I've ever played have had the same capacity for extreme, slamming fists into the desk outbursts of rage that leave me extremely irritable for the rest of the night when games go sour because teammates just herp derp while I'm getting ganked. I'm not sure that continuing to play is actually good for my overall health.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Someone tell me what free champ to play with while I'm learning.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    I've heard other people say it, and I know that I also follow this rule too, that if I lose two in a row, I take an extended break from the game. Anywhere from 30 minutes, to the rest of the night so I can come back at it fresh.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yeah, playing while on tilt is not good for your mental health.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote:
    Someone tell me what free champ to play with while I'm learning.

this week? Ashe or Galio are both pretty straight forward. Brand is fun if you feel like blowing things up, but it requires good coordination to land your combos. Janna is good if you want to learn support.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    I'd say Wukong is pretty straight forward. You just smack things with your staff, and if you mess up, you can decoy away

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    Patch delayed till 2

• Options
    Patch delayed till 2

RAGGLE FRAGGLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uBnPK3piEk

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    handsome garen best skin

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    New Janna art looks pretty hot

Old art was definitely always a monkey painting

Now they should do siv's in game model

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    those arts are all pretty wonderful, I like them

I think I prefer dreadknight garen in game though, from what I've seen

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I think the only thing keeping me from wanting some of those skins is I already have ones I like for the given champs

though I'm torn on which of skarner's I want

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    Artic Warfare Caitlyn is <3

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out tonight.

• Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    Artic Warfare Caitlyn is <3

Yes.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Considering buying Arctic Warfare Caitlyn now

the enemy team will have snow chance

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Whoa, a different looking awesome taric skin... who would have guessed? Skins are awesome, just wish they'd add some for champs that don't have more than 3 skins.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    I think the only thing keeping me from wanting some of those skins is I already have ones I like for the given champs

though I'm torn on which of skarner's I want

Earthrune

Which probably means it's only in the doublepack

Also that Riot Nasus is pretty darn silly

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    MOBA DOBA RAGGLE FRAGGLE

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    MOBA DOBA RAGGLE FRAGGLE
    internet_high_five-2496.jpg

Lord_Asmodeus on