As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Plok [chat]

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    What are the good modern shooters?

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:
    I need to buy and put together a desk tonight.

I think I found my perfect one: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/226059/Disney-Chair-Desk-14-12-H/

We have this area of our building dedicated to like, showcasing our coolest projects for when we have people come visit. Anyways, there's this round meeting room without a table in it, just these little lime green chairs with desks attached to them like that, they're absolutely hideous.

Yeah,not really gonna get that one. I want a real desk. The question is whether or not I go for the $30 or $60 staples one. Or go to Office Depot and get something a little 'classier'. I figure they'll all be pieces of shit unless I spend $200+.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Kosher pickles.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2011

What do you want out of a shooter? Visceral, story, pretty graphics, cartoony, co-op?

edit: multiplayer, realism, etc.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Halo 1 was absolutely awesome for its time, don't get me wrong, but, we've definitely moved far past it, imo.

Definately, I worry about FPS stagnating because of the rush to be a MW clone, but thats just for the competitive shooters, games like Rage, deus ex, and I know you weren't a fan but borderlands give me hope people that some developers still want to make different shooters.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote:
    I say the best fps is cowboys vs indians.

Terrible hit detection though. I swear everytime it's like - Hey! I shot that guy! but he's all "nope" then shoots me.

That is when you shout "hax" and run to tell your admin (dad). Or you punch them really hard.

COD BLOPS BRO.

best shooter yet.

BC2 close second.

What do you want out of a shooter? Visceral, story, pretty graphics, cartoony, co-op?

Visceral, fast-paced, preferably not very realistic

Oh, and single player.

Oh and bulletstorm, fucking loved bulletstorm.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

You would probably like Bulletstorm or Borderlands then.

I am super excited for Rage, if you can't tell.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote:
    desc wrote:
    JebusUD wrote:
    desc wrote:
    Who seriously argues with someone while assembling ikea furniture? Putting together IKEA is like putting together tinkertoys.

Nah uh! WANNA FIGHT!

DAMNIT JUST LINE IT UP AND PUT THE NUT THERE AND SCREW IT IN

NO THAT'S THE WRONG PIECE

GOD DAMNIT BUYING THIS DRESSER WAS A BIGGER MISTAKE THAN HAVING KIDS WITH YOU

LOOK WHORE! I ONLY MARRIED YOU BECAUSE I KNOCKED YOU UP!

NOW GIMME THE DAMN WRENCH!

*runs off sobbing, leaving behind a loveless marriage and a half-assembled Glymårmörgä *

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Hm, I need to figure out to keep this Dark Heresy campaign rolling.

The player who was faking their identity as a noble to get the party into the cult is out because he tore some muscle in his abdomen or something so he's recovering.

We've got a new guy coming in...

I guess I could have it that the new guy was also sent by the Inquisitor, and was infiltrating the cult as a noble via his own means? And is now replacing the player who is being forced into go into rehab for the crippling drug addiction he's developed over the course of this campaign? But the party's whole cover hinges on the fact that they are related to the family whose house they are staying at and it doesn't make a whole ton of sense to have a noble that just shows up that is related to that family too.

Hrm.

You should have more snake fucking.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I am fairly convinced that the worst thing for the progression and development of videogames are videogame players themselves.

One of the primary reasons I have walked away from WoW everytime is the horrific playerbase.

I walked away from WoW after a 25 man Vault pug where a few dudes were dropping N bombs like it buffed dps. No one else in the pug had any problem with this.

Oh, and single player.

You some kind of slow kid?

Single player is so 1992.

All this BL2 talk is putting me in a Borderlands mood. It's a shame I lost my character after I played through every damn quest up to near the end-game.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    just get bastion, mori

Preacher wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Halo 1 was absolutely awesome for its time, don't get me wrong, but, we've definitely moved far past it, imo.

Definately, I worry about FPS stagnating because of the rush to be a MW clone, but thats just for the competitive shooters, games like Rage, deus ex, and I know you weren't a fan but borderlands give me hope people that some developers still want to make different shooters.

It's weird, but the last two you mention I don't even mentally consider shooters.

So COD BLOPS.

I mean, dual wield shotguns. BLAM!

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

The player who was faking their identity as a noble to get the party into the cult is out because he tore some muscle in his abdomen or something so he's recovering.

I guess I could have it that the new guy was also sent by the Inquisitor, and was infiltrating the cult as a noble via his own means? And is now replacing the player who is being forced into go into rehab for the crippling drug addiction he's developed over the course of this campaign? But the party's whole cover hinges on the fact that they are related to the family whose house they are staying at and it doesn't make a whole ton of sense to have a noble that just shows up that is related to that family too.

Hrm.

Winky that is Call of Cthulhu, not Dark Heresy, come on man!

Inquisitor wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

Hrm.

I can't think of an RPG that wouldn't benefit from more snake fucking, Quiz.

Well, there goes my recommendation of keeping an eye on the new Red Orchestra game!

Winky wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

It's weird, but the last two you mention I don't even mentally consider shooters.

Borderlands was very much a shooter, yeah there were numbers, but if you didn't aim you weren't getting them. Its one reason it resonated for me as a loot piniata game. It combined running and gunning and collecting shit afterward.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    just get bastion, mori

Bastion was Aweeeesommmmeeee

Winky wrote:

There are no plausible venues to introduce a snake fucking vector into this current campaign!

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular

Touhous

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    just get bastion, mori

I'm getting all fired up for Bastion. I hope it lives up to my hopes a d dreams of charmingness.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    just get bastionBulletstorm, mori

Nerd's right. I'm playing Bulletstorm right now and it's fun how creative you can get with kills.

Preacher wrote:

Borderlands was very much a shooter, yeah there were numbers, but if you didn't aim you weren't getting them. Its one reason it resonated for me as a loot piniata game. It combined running and gunning and collecting shit afterward.

Diablo with guns. I didn't like it all that much, but that is because I already pwn shooters so aiming right at somethings face and not having it blow up was disappointing.

I'm pretty much stuck in the 90s when it comes to shooters.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Tonight we finally go to see Captain America. Hopefully it will be awesome.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    JebusUD wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    just get bastion, mori

Bastion was Aweeeesommmmeeee
    it's one of the best games I've ever played

I wish I could forget it and play it some more

emnmnme wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

Nerd's right. I'm playing Bulletstorm right now and it's fun how creative you can get with kills.

You know, I might actually give this a shot. The demo looked awesome as hell.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The main reason I like single player is that everyone on the internet is a raging dick.

It's definitely not just me, you fucking n00b. L2P, jesus.

Inquisitor wrote:
    Winky wrote:

There are no plausible venues to introduce a snake fucking vector into this current campaign!

Well first, Inq, you introduce snakes.

Then the fucking comes naturally.

emnmnme wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

You know, I might actually give this a shot. The demo looked awesome as hell.

You should still just get Bastion, though.

Damn fine game.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I have never played a Call of Duty game.

I have seen them played.

But never played one.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

Hrm.

I dunno...could be something Slaanesh is into.

desc wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    just get bastion, mori

I'm getting all fired up for Bastion. I hope it lives up to my hopes a d dreams of charmingness.

Worth all 1200 fantasy bucks.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet wasn't. That was probably an 400 fantasy bux game.

This discussion has been closed.