As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MSPA: the cow says moo, the duck says quack, the broom says BROOM

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Gotta say, pretty worried for Aradia right now. It's hard to see this ending well for her what with her captor being nearly omniscient and everything.

• VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    If Homestuck wasn't called Homestuck what would it be called?

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Kids and Fun

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Earthbound

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Erics wrote:
    I wish I could fully understand what exactly was going on but I'm kind of lost again.

The troll's current universe is the result of a scratch.

The original session was played by their ancestors, Mindfang, Redglare, Rufio, etc. The trolls we know were sent back further in time and played the role of ancestors. This group lost the game. But the "mother of all monsters," probably the Denizen Echidna, told them how to perform a scratch. They reset their universe, and this time were sent into the distant past while our trolls were sent into the present. Doc Scratch took on the role of First Guardian this time, and manipulated troll society throughout history so that when the time came it would produce the best Sgrub players that it possibly could. This is why they're so violent, why they are taught at a young age how to design and build houses, etc.

Evidently, performing a Scratch is essentially entering into a contract with Lord English. In exchange for a second chance at winning the game, LE gets to consume your universe. This was predestined to happen. In the original, pre-scratch troll universe, the players and ancestors evidently did not spawn from their own game, which is a glitch that occurs that signifies that Lord English is going to eat your universe. Where they actually came from and what that means for the kids isn't currently known.

Karkat's ancestor, who was originally a player, somehow managed to remember his past life as a kid in the far future. And because of his memories he started a revolt. The details of the revolt are coming in the next update(s).

That is everything we learned from this update.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    mspa: crapfart

EzUAYcn.png
  • UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    VoproSTEIN wrote:
    If Homestuck wasn't called Homestuck what would it be called?

'The Apotheosis of John Egbert and Friends, The Fall of Man and the Genesis of Realities, a Tragicomic Bildungsroman in Seven Parts, Set to an Epic Musical Score.'

Or 'The Apotheosis of John Egbert and The Fall of Man' for short, obviously.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    thinkin' about livestreaming

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    tynic wrote:
    thinkin' about livestreaming

do it dodoitdoit

beasteh what are you thinking about

EzUAYcn.png
    crwth wrote:
    beasteh what are you thinking about

thinkin about ladies

want me to put a wig and dress on?

EzUAYcn.png
    sure why not

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    act 7 is just supposed to be a short epilogue, though

act 6 is also supposed to be much, much shorter than act 5

but I suppose at this point that's not really saying a whole lot

iwantanswers3.png
    what

what do i do after

EzUAYcn.png
    put on this cologne and digestive

put ya lipstick on just right

now we hittin the honey bee inn

poo...uh, i mean sir..

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    act 7 is just supposed to be a short epilogue, though

act 6 is also supposed to be much, much shorter than act 5

but I suppose at this point that's not really saying a whole lot

I really wouldn't be surprised of act 6 lasted a year by itself, but yeah it probably won't be as long as 5.

Probably.

Maybe.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    crwth wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    i don't need to be interrogated about my predictions or preferences or expectations

sorry pal then you shouldn't have posted them in a public forum

now we will all take turns asking questions

Antimatter what do you think about

John

there's no way it's going to be as long as Act 5

no

way

you hear me, Hussie?

iwantanswers3.png
    It will be exactly one panel shorter.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    yeah I imagine the next act is gonna be about the length of act 4

But the last few panels will be 10,000 pixels tall

Seriously wrote:
    But the last few panels will be 10,000 pixels tall

and Lord English will turn out to be the MSPA server

iwantanswers3.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    we'll all have to visit the website and click the ads as much as possible to defeat him

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the most important part of this update is the return of

room88.gif

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    calling it now:

ms. paint is actually ace dick's real female counterpart

• JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    are we going to get to see what earth looks like as a doc scratch created warlike hellscape?
    assuming that that is a constant with all scratched worlds

VyQGM.jpg
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Jerkbot wrote:
    are we going to get to see what earth looks like as a doc scratch created warlike hellscape?

I know speed racer is always saying that whenever you do a scratch, Doc Scratch becomes a thing and good job your universe is doomed, but is there anything that says that?

Like, in the story

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Does anyone else find it odd that the ancestors were shown a reality where their counterparts would beat the game "with ease," when even by Karkat's admission, they barely managed to win?

iwantanswers3.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2011
    Larlar wrote:
    Does anyone else find it odd that the ancestors were shown a reality where their counterparts would beat the game "with ease," when even by Karkat's admission, they barely managed to win?
    I think it was easy for them up until the black king

the ancestors probably struggled with a lot of the other stuff

Nerdgasmic on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    the best part of the mspa thread is the awful fanart
    closely followed by the constant bitching
    then a ways down there is the good fanart
    followed by sandwich thread

wait wait
    i have this in reverse order

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    is there a lot of bad fanart

you have no idea

quick someone post the one that was posted the other day where karkat and terezi are pretending that terezi is pregnant with karkat's dragon baby

edited August 2011
    BlueBlue wrote:
    Jerkbot wrote:

I know speed racer is always saying that whenever you do a scratch, Doc Scratch becomes a thing and good job your universe is doomed, but is there anything that says that?

Like, in the story
    The heroes chose to accept this bargain, and scratched their session. In doing so they jumpstarted the reality in which the twenty-four figures of legend would together be created - and I as well - and then sent back in time to take our places in history. Though I was delivered well before history even began, before the dawning of life on their planet. This time around, I would oversee its development, and thus fulfill the mother's promise of an aggressive, ruthlessly prepared group of heroes. One that would not rest until victory was secured.

to be fair it's not 100% black and white definite guaranteed that doc scratch is summoned when you do a scratch, but it's implied so heavily that you're obviously supposed to assume it.

Speed Racer on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    the best part of the mspa thread is the awful fanart
    closely followed by the constant bitching
    then a ways down there is the good fanart
    followed by sandwich thread

wait wait
    i have this in reverse order

Which part are we in now

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    is there a lot of bad fanart
    wut.jpg

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    we're in a weird flux state between regular states where people are talking about "updates"

This discussion has been closed.