As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Plok [chat]

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    Sehwag out on a King pair after England make over 700 and declare. This is bizarre. This is what Australia must have been feeling a few years ago or the Windies in the seventies and eighties. Just relentless domination.

You deliberately made that as incomprehensible to Americans as possible, didn't you?

Little bit.

Windies = Windward Islands?

West Indies.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    I'm not really opposed to the "food stamps shouldn't be used for unhealthy foods that result in higher medical bills down the road" argument.

The only problem I see is that food that isn't shit for you is so expensive.

Yeah god knows rice is one of the most expensive items in a store...

Well, brown rice is more expensive than white rice.

'cism

are YOU on the beer list?
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    I will go ahead and be the one to say you shouldn't be able to buy a cupcake with food stamps.

Why not?

I'm not really opposed to the "food stamps shouldn't be used for unhealthy foods that result in higher medical bills down the road" argument.

The only problem I see is that food that isn't shit for you is so expensive.

There was this big thing in chat and another thread a year ago about how it's perfectly okay for food stamp recipients to spend their entire monthly funds on stuff like a single lobster dinner and 5$ up scale fancy bottled water.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Windies are the colloquial name for the West Indies, a team now sadly in the doldrums but who once bestrode the cricketing world like a colossus, scaring the living shit out of batsman the world over (one of them was nicknamed Whispering Death) with terrifying fast bowling and bullying bowlers out of the park with the likes of the majestic Sir Vivian Richards.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Sheep wrote:
    So........

Rick Perry is gay?

Republican

Overt Christian

Anti-gay policy support...

Absolutely.

IDK he doesn't talk very gay.

But man sure does wear a suit well.

The man looks like a Magnum PI villian

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    The text in panel 2 is on the wrong fruit, Amateur. The detective is answering his own question from Panel 1 and that just looks weird.

Nah his question is answered in Panel 1 by the tomato. Its supposed to read upper right, lower left and then on to panel 2.

Pretty sure that's a cherry dawg, but yeah, he's taking the assessment of the situation that his partner gave him and cleverly expanding upon it.

It's cute, but I don't know how I feel about reamed... juiced is really good there though.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I hate people like this. The thing is, she probably isn't even poor, but just super entitled.

The time she actually paid, she used food stamps :?

Can you even give refunds on those?

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    I will go ahead and be the one to say you shouldn't be able to buy a cupcake with food stamps.

Why not?
    @amateurhour
    It's wasteful and unhealthy. Soda, candy, cupcakes, cookies... none of these should be available for purchase. Toothpaste, diapers, toilet paper, and ziplock bags, on the other hand, should be.

Bogart wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    Sehwag out on a King pair after England make over 700 and declare. This is bizarre. This is what Australia must have been feeling a few years ago or the Windies in the seventies and eighties. Just relentless domination.

You deliberately made that as incomprehensible to Americans as possible, didn't you?

Little bit.

Good show.

Btw I need to figure out what we are doing in terms of you getting here on friday and feeding you and such. Also I need to clear the stacks of spare furniture out of the spare room.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Also I can got to a local farmers market, get a ton of good veggies and a bill that is no more than twenty bucks. Toss that in a stew with some cheap meat, and bingo you got food for a week.

The issue is not that bad food is cheaper, its that people don't want to eat what you need to eat when you don't have the money to spend on the nicer things in life.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sheep how much gameplay does E.Y.E. have for someone with a short attention span that only tends to make it through games once? Infinite Re playability means fuck all for me. I like a nice long game because I'm probably only going to play it once.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Sheep wrote:
    So........

Rick Perry is gay?

Republican

Overt Christian

Absolutely.

Everyone please rise for a round of applause.

:^:

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Sheep wrote:
    So........

Rick Perry is gay?

Republican

Overt Christian

Absolutely.

Rick... Did you see the sunrise this morning?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    japan wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

Little bit.

Good show.

Btw I need to figure out what we are doing in terms of you getting here on friday and feeding you and such. Also I need to clear the stacks of spare furniture out of the spare room.

Not quite sure how it works in the UK but in the civilized world we feed our guests the same foods that we ourselves hope to ingest.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    It is pretty fucking retarded how you can't buy diapers with food stamps but you can buy Doritos.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Sheep wrote:
    So........

Rick Perry is gay?

Republican

Overt Christian

Absolutely.

Hey so does Matthew Bomer!

Oh...

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Sheep wrote:
    So........

Rick Perry is gay?

Republican

Overt Christian

Absolutely.

Rick... Did you see the sunrise this morning?

Rick... Did you watch Regis this morning?

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I just got invited to an impromptu bachelor party tonight. Hm. I don't really see these people very often anymore and wasn't invited to their wedding that is this Sunday (that was about the time when I shrugged and already had other friend groups). Debating going for drinks.

I think my ex-fiance will be there as she has just flown in from New York. We talk all the time but maybe I don't want to see her since I just started dating someone after 2 years of not calling a lady my girlfriend. Or I could bring my new girlfriend.

Or... I could play magic and deus ex. Hmmm.

Preacher wrote:
    Also I can got to a local farmers market, get a ton of good veggies and a bill that is no more than twenty bucks. Toss that in a stew with some cheap meat, and bingo you got food for a week.

The issue is not that bad food is cheaper, its that people don't want to eat what you need to eat when you don't have the money to spend on the nicer things in life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqYStxdqbEg

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I could get sufficient calories on under a hundred bucks a month but I'd be astoundingly miserable.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    RAAAMPAAAGE!!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    I can't imagine how terrifying it must have been to face the likes of Curtly Ambrose, Courtney Walsh, Malcolm Marshall and Michael "Whispering Death" Holding back in their prime.

I mean, look at this. Ambrose breaks Geoff Lawson's jaw here. You'd feel like you were facing a firing squad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmagl3Q_4VE

Organichu wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

Little bit.

Good show.

Not quite sure how it works in the UK but in the civilized world we feed our guests the same foods that we ourselves hope to ingest.

I don't yet know when they are arriving and whether they will already have eaten.

I thought I would check before Cesca gets carried away with dinner plans.

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2011
    Ludious wrote:
    Sheep how much gameplay does E.Y.E. have for someone with a short attention span that only tends to make it through games once? Infinite Re playability means fuck all for me. I like a nice long game because I'm probably only going to play it once.

For me, my current experience with EYE is basically load it up, do something, and then die. You keep your XP and the like, and depending on the death, you might instantly be revived.

It's a pretty difficult game. I've heard it's 20 or so hours long. It has a Borderlands like jump in/jump out persistent multiplayer, and that's what I've been doing lately.

Tons of gameplay, though, because often times I round a corner, see a shit ton of turrets and baddies and die. Then I resurrect and instead hack the turrets and the PC and overload it all Deus Ex style and kill everyone with their own weapons.

There's also that neat power that lets you telefrag into someone.

Sheep on
    If television has taught me anything its that you should whip up a nice curry for your guests Japan.

japan wrote:

The wife is away this weekend (why yes I am having sausage and chips tonight) and she's the one with the details of the train to Birmingham. I'll email you when she's back with times and so forth.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    It is pretty fucking retarded how you can't buy diapers with food stamps but you can buy Doritos.

There are some strange things to using foodstamps. You can't buy deli meat from the meat counter, but you can buy the exact same brand and amount of meat if it's prepackaged.

You can buy candy bars but not weight-watcher's protein bars.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Organichu wrote:
    I could get sufficient calories on under a hundred bucks a month but I'd be astoundingly miserable.

Yeah, one thing that people fail to take into account is that working for low pay and being poor is a huge drain on willpower. I mean you have little to look forward to as far as luxuries so going even further to take food luxuries away (unhealthy but delicious stuff) hurts. If you can never afford to go on vacation or own fancy stuff, eating doritos might be the only thing a person has to look forward to.

There's a lot to the problem of social inequality, but that's just a tiny way I see people just generally dismissing people on food stamps because they buy soda. No doubt I'm expressing myself poorly. I'm basically a social worker at heart though.

edit: I have also been very poor in my time. Now I live frugally but well, in my opinion, but I credit being formerly poor with my meager salary feeling like more than enough for everything I want and still saving 25% of it a month.

OnTheLastCastle on
    Bogart wrote:
    japan wrote:

The wife is away this weekend (why yes I am having sausage and chips tonight) and she's the one with the details of the train to Birmingham. I'll email you when she's back with times and so forth.

Cool beans.

We can get you from the station, unless you really fancy a wander around Brum city centre to take a look at the riot damage.

japan wrote:

LOBSTER AND CAVIAR ON A BED OF CRUSHED BABY LAMBS BRAINS WITH A BOTTLE OF DOM PERIGNON OR WE WALK.

Ludious wrote:
    If television has taught me anything its that you should whip up a nice curry for your guests Japan.

I make a good biryani, and Cesca can whip up some serious saag aloo.

Bogart wrote:
    japan wrote:

LOBSTER AND CAVIAR ON A BED OF CRUSHED BABY LAMBS BRAINS WITH A BOTTLE OF DOM PERIGNON OR WE WALK.

If by "caviar" you mean "beans" and "lobster" you mean "Bernard Matthews Dinosaurs" then I think this could work.

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Caveman, I've been meaning to ask but why do you put YouTubes in code boxes?

Ludious wrote:

*asshole comment redacted*

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Bogart wrote:
    japan wrote:

LOBSTER AND CAVIAR ON A BED OF CRUSHED BABY LAMBS BRAINS WITH A BOTTLE OF DOM PERIGNON OR WE RIOT.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    japan wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

Little bit.

Windies = Windward Islands?

West Indies.

Okay, then I know nothing about cricket :P

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Preacher wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

Who are you and what have you done to Preacher

Echo wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

Who are you and what have you done to Preacher

Look I can't go back to jail echo, I snitched on some people and I heard sheep was going to shank me next time I go inside.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Haha. Notch on twitter:
    Signing a deal with Orson Scott Card to make Scrolls a scifi adventure game instead to stop the confusion. We're naming it The Ender Scrolls

We should make up stats for jailed [chat]ers and award them items like shivs and cakes with files in them. Make a game out of their nefarious status.

This discussion has been closed.