As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rick Parry is [chat]

Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
gov-rick-perry-gun-240jdf0428101.jpg

Ladies and Gentleman get ready, get set, [chat].

Never mind, desc to the rescue

Caveman Paws on

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Link fail and his last name is spelled Perry.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo! I am foiled.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Rick Parry is what Stephen Colbert's Super PAC called him in their first ad.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I think desc has his up, so drink in my shoddy and mostly "Whaaa why am I backup anything!?" inspired abortion of a [chat] while you can.

Caveman Paws on
    Also nerd Rust is more like Boggs. Brooks was a nice kindly old man who just never could get with society, that doesn't sound like rust in anyway shape or form.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Told ya Counter Strike: Global Operations announced
    Next Gen Console, PC, and Mac Release Targeted for Early 2012

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).

Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo 2011.

For more information, please visit the CS: GO Steam page

bloodyroarxx on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Also nerd Rust is more like Boggs. Brooks was a nice kindly old man who just never could get with society, that doesn't sound like rust in anyway shape or form.

Well, maybe the last part.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Mmm take a whiff of that new [chat] smell.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Told ya Counter Strike: Global Operations announced
    Next Gen Console, PC, and Mac Release Targeted for Early 2012

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).

Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo 2011.

For more information, please visit the CS: GO Steam page

I'm in. Fuck yeah, de_dust!

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    His name is Parry. It's a colbert joke.

And the appeals court abiding by republican jargon is no surprise, either way we knew the healthcare thing was going all the way to the supremes.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Counterstrike is lame, its method of play outdated. I can't play a modern shooter that doesn't include destructible enviros ala bc2.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I never got into counter strike. Starcraft probably distracted me.

Terran turtle power!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Preacher wrote:
    Counterstrike is lame, its method of play outdated. I can't play a modern shooter that doesn't include destructible enviros ala bc2.

Borderlands felt so horribly sterile after BC2.

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    http://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-Baby-Lullaby-Renditions-Metallica/dp/B000GY72JM

What... have I found? And should I buy it for my soon-to-be parental friends?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    And the appeals court abiding by republican jargon is no surprise, either way we knew the healthcare thing was going all the way to the supremes.

I'm in favor of the law, but I really don't get how it's supposedly not unconstitutional. The mandate seems like a gross overstepping of federal power, even if it's the only way it'll work, and is pretty necessary.

Which is probably just due to me not being a Constitutional Law scholar, maybe.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Lol so 2 fans were picketing Valve for HL Episode 3 and Gabe went out and talked to them and took a picture.

Now its this:

eyI3L.png

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Motherfucker wrote a lot of letters for library funding.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:

Yeah. Not sure when the SC is back in session, though.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Why do you never see Rick Perry's eyes?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

For to gaze into them would surely mean your doom.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

You do. Rick Perry is just what happens when Black Eyed Kids grow up.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I am totally having a "damn kids these days" moment.

1: tentatively wobble your way down a hill at low speed on a bike with no brakes
    2: destroy several tyres in the process because of the aforementioned lack of brakes
    3: deliberately annoy other traffic while doing so for some reason
    4: film yourself and intersperse the footage with film of your douchebag friends
    5: ...
    6: profit?

japan on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Motherfucker wrote a lot of letters for library funding.

that was a good movie

Rick Perry also never looks at mirrors.

He is secretly a male Medusa.

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Bunch of asshole kids on bikes were swerving around in the road yesterday. My stance was "You want to ride in the middle of the wrong side of the road? Fine, I'll play chicken."

Wait, why does not having brakes destroy tires? How do they slow when presented with obstacles?

Borrowed a bike from a guy I lived with, was going down a steep hill... hit the brakes... no brakes... asked him why he didn't tell me. His response...

"You should always assume there are no brakes."

To this day no one has ever shared his opinion whenever it comes up.

Bunch of asshole kids on bikes were swerving around in the road yesterday. My stance was "You want to ride in the middle of the wrong side of the road? Fine, I'll play chicken."

I have a burning hatred for hipster dickheads on fixed gears on the roads.

Not that all fixed riders are necessarily dickheads, but dickheads invariably seem to ride fixed gears.

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Wait, why does not having brakes destroy tires? How do they slow when presented with obstacles?

Since they're almost certainly riding fixed-gear bikes, you brake by pedaling backwards.

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Because their method of slowing down is kicking out the back tire which wears on it fast.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Borrowed a bike from a guy I lived with, was going down a steep hill... hit the brakes... no brakes... asked him why he didn't tell me. His response...

"You should always assume there are no brakes."

To this day no one has ever shared his opinion whenever it comes up.

Lend him your car and cut the brake lines.

That'll show 'im.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    Organichu wrote:

The bikes are fixed-gear track bikes. There is no freewheel so you slow by simply resisting the turning of the cranks. If you're a dickhead you ride such a bike on the road and slow down by locking your legs, and by extension, the rear wheel.

japan wrote:

I have a burning hatred for hipster dickheads on fixed gears on the roads.

Not that all fixed riders are necessarily dickheads, but dickheads invariably seem to ride fixed gears.

I did not have time to check what kind of bike it was. If I had to pick pieces out of my front bumper I might have had more information. Sadly his two brain cells rubbed together long enough to get out of my way and back to obstructing the other side of the road.

edited August 2011
    Has everyone seen this Jon Stewart segment?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-11-2011/lactate-intolerance?xrs=share_copy

The highlight:
    "See this, this is the problem with entitlements, they're really only entitlements when they are something other people want. When it's something you want, they're a hallmark of a civilized society, and the foundation of a great people"

Organichu on
    Also, and I know it's your hobby Japan, but I find cyclists to have the highest percentage of douchebags to regular people out of any hobby group. That includes MMO players. The number of cyclists I've ran across who are just raging cocks is far more than anyone else.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Edumacate me. Why would you ever want a bike with no brake?

japan wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

The bikes are fixed-gear track bikes. There is no freewheel so you slow by simply resisting the turning of the cranks. If you're a dickhead you ride such a bike on the road and slow down by locking your legs, and by extension, the rear wheel.

Huh. Yeah, I guess that does sound rough on the tires.
    I'm trying to build up the confidence to say 'tyres', but it's a gradual, incremental process

Also, and I know it's your hobby Japan, but I find cyclists to have the highest percentage of douchebags to regular people out of any hobby group. That includes MMO players. The number of cyclists I've ran across who are just raging cocks is far more than anyone else.

As much as I would like to disagree, my heart wouldn't really be in it.

A large part of my annoyance stems from the fact that I get lumped in with them. A "you're ruining it for the rest of us" kind of thing.

Fixed gear bikes are good for one thing. The X-Games. No other purpose at all.

This discussion has been closed.