As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect 3: Vote for FemShep.... again!

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Any main character can die but Garrus, I mean.

I'm sure he'd get over Shepard eventually and find himself a surviving Turian hottie to settle down with and become the ruler of what's left of Palaven.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I don't know...even if you don't do it yourself.

Garrus seems like the type to sacrifice himself in a final blaze of glory...only person more likely to do so is probably Shepard.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ugh. There's too much truth in that. Damn you, Bioware.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    indoctrinating Garrus would be so easy

"come with us and all the criminals will die!"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    We all know Zaeed is going to be the only survivor at the end of ME3.

you know with Garrus' fucked up worldview it wouldn't be hard for the Reapers to convince him that nobody is truly innocent and therefore everybody must be punished and then rehabilitated into a higher form of being

Garrus will actually be the main villain of ME3 and Zaeed will put him down, if Zaeed died then the Reapers win

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    No, Shepard feeds Zaeed to the Reapers.

his pariah dog curse will make all reapers but one instantly self-destruct. Making the war for organic survival a shooting fish in the barrel entertainment.

• VicVic Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote:

his pariah dog curse will make all reapers but one instantly self-destruct. Making the war for organic survival a shooting fish in the barrel entertainment.

There is a flaw in your argument Buttcleft. How the hell are we supposed to be able to kill Zaeed in reaper form?

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Vic wrote:
    Buttcleft wrote:

There is a flaw in your argument Buttcleft. How the hell are we supposed to be able to kill Zaeed in reaper form?

shiiiiiiiiit

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • KitAlexHarrisonKitAlexHarrison Registered User regular
    It hasn't happened to me (in fact, I'm replaying the game to ensure I save my favourite dead character from Playthrough 1 - Legion), but what happens in Mass Effect 3 if you were a complete idiot and Shepard died at the end of ME2?

PennyArcadeSig.png

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    It hasn't happened to me (in fact, I'm replaying the game to ensure I save my favourite dead character from Playthrough 1 - Legion), but what happens in Mass Effect 3 if you were a complete idiot and Shepard died at the end of ME2?

Save doesn't transfer.

You have to upload a valid save(ME1 save or successful ME2 one) or start a new game.

Dragkonias on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    You won't be able to import a save if shepard dies.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    You play as pirate Joker

Ah, that makes sense. I don't think anyone would particularly like to...
    play through the entire game at one-third speed as Joker.

PennyArcadeSig.png

• BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I still hope you get a couple minute long cutscene of the entire galaxy being destroyed in Me3 if you import a dead Shepard, though.

Blurbl on
    Or maybe you just get to play a ghost Shepard who just gets to watch the game play out without him. Press LT to stomp the ground in impotent rage, press RT to gargle incoherently.

PennyArcadeSig.png

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Or maybe you just get to play a ghost Shepard who just gets to watch the game play out without him. Press LT to stomp the ground in impotent rage, press RT to gargle incoherently.

Press RT again to punch reporter.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Buttcleft wrote:

"Once I was reduced to grey goop and fed into an ancient mechanical god. Well, that wasn't going to stand, so I assumed direct control of that guddamn bastard and started fragging every bastard in sight. Reapers lost a third of their Asari task force before they knew what hit em, and Shepard's boys got the rest. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get some hard liquor in these tubes."

manwiththemachinegun on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Curly, your new avatar is Faith, right? It looks sort of weird to me, like it's someone's render of Faith or something. That's not from in-game, is it?
    Blurbl wrote:
    I still hope you get a couple minute long cutscene of the entire galaxy being destroyed in Me3 if you import a dead Shepard, though.

There's nothing to import for dead Sheps, so it can't happen, but a long scene berating the player by going into intricate detail on the horrible deaths of everyone but the batarians would be hilarious.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Ah, that makes sense. I don't think anyone would particularly like to...
    play through the entire game at one-third speed as Joker.

"Shit, shit, shit!"

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Curly, your new avatar is Faith, right? It looks sort of weird to me, like it's someone's render of Faith or something. That's not from in-game, is it?

That's Faith, as rendered by Saints Row 2's character editor.

Apparently Faith likes stripper poles.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    you know with Garrus' fucked up worldview it wouldn't be hard for the Reapers to convince him that nobody is truly innocent and therefore everybody must be punished and then rehabilitated into a higher form of being

Garrus will actually be the main villain of ME3 and Zaeed will put him down, if Zaeed died then the Reapers win

He said, with a twinkle in his eye.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Orca wrote:

That's Faith, as rendered by Saints Row 2's character editor.

Apparently Faith likes stripper poles.
    yep. just goes to show the flexibility of SR2's character creator if i can make pretty convincing characters from other games in it.

also, playing Faith as a gang boss is hilarious :D

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    Yeah, well, Mass Effect 2's character creator is really good because you can make characters that look almost human in it.

wAgWt.jpg
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    almost

Pancake wrote:
    Yeah, well, Mass Effect 2's character creator is really good because you can make characters that look almost human in it.

standing on the edge of the uncanny valley is better than living at the bottom of it? :P

RxI0N.png
    Another insanity run finished, engineer certainly wasn't the most entertaining class but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Only 2 classes left for insanity now, adept and infiltrator. I think I'll flip a coin or something because I cannot decide which one to do first.

• RandomshotRandomshot Registered User regular
    Another insanity run finished, engineer certainly wasn't the most entertaining class but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Only 2 classes left for insanity now, adept and infiltrator. I think I'll flip a coin or something because I cannot decide which one to do first.

Infiltrator is crazy easy compared to adept. I would save that for last, get the adept run done and it will be a nice easy run for your last go.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Imma do infiltrator next I think.

Just finished insanity sentinel, was a pretty easy cruise honestly.

sentinel is never hard

RxI0N.png
    I'm pretty sure every class has been declared "easy mode on Insanity" in this thread before, except Vanguard. That's why it's the best.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    Vanguard is over-hyped not all that exciting mode on every difficulty.

wAgWt.jpg
    Pancake wrote:
    Vanguard is over-hyped not all that exciting mode on every difficulty.

It was exciting for me, and everyone knows that my enjoyment is the scale on which all others must be judged.
    I don't think everyone knows that

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote:
    I'm pretty sure every class has been declared "easy mode on Insanity" in this thread before, except Vanguard. That's why it's the best.

Yeah, Vanguard if played like a Vanguard is challenging. Only real easy mode on insanity is Soldier, probably followed by Infiltrator shortly after. I wonder if they will nerf Adrenaline Rush in ME3.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited August 2011
    From what i saw they increased the cooldown time, not sure if it will stick.

I'm wondering if they will make concussive indeed not suck.

Honestly, as much as I poke I really dont care if Soldier is overpowered...well...beyond my personal enjoyment of it since I dont like cruise control classes but I understand why some do. I just hope they strike a better balance among the skills so it is optimal to have to use them is different situations.

That's not just for soldier too I feel. I think one way to do that would be to have more moves like stasis that ignore or at least have some effectiveness against shields. That is why I'm interested in the new ability system. I feel that a good deal of me2 powers weren't optimized for higher diffs so it will be interesting to see how people set up their powers when given control.

Dragkonias on
  • I am PacalI am Pacal Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Hudson just tweeted that they've discovered the cutest bug. They're trying to figure out why Tali keeps hicupping.

I guess that answers the question: does Tali swallow or spit?

I am Pacal wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Hudson just tweeted that they've discovered the cutest bug. They're trying to figure out why Tali keeps hicupping.

WHY DID YOU BRING THIS BACK GOD NO

RxI0N.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I am Pacal wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

goddammit this is why we can't have nice things

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    From what i saw they increased the cooldown time, not sure if it will stick.

Had a lot of upgrade slots for leveling, though.

I don't really care about relative balance too much since it's not competitive, but they should at least make the infiltrator the best with the sniper rifle. A soldier with adrenaline rush does better with the same rifle than an infiltrator specced for sniping, and has the added bonus of being better at everything else. At least skirmishing is still awesome.
    Aegeri wrote:
    Only real easy mode on insanity is Soldier, probably followed by Infiltrator shortly after.

Engineer insanity is surprisingly easy thanks to 3 second drone tanking + overload/incinerate. A non-cheesed Horizon was hellish (my first insanity run), running in circles avoiding shockwaves and taking fiery potshots at the zombie horde during lulls, but the collector platforms and near every other hard spot was effortless.

s7Imn5J.png
  • I am PacalI am Pacal Registered User regular
    I am Pacal wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:

goddammit this is why we can't have nice things

And I thought this *was* a nice thing. Besides, it's not like I posted fanfic or something...