As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Cookie Brigade needs YOU!

VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Artist's Corner
Hi everyone!

For those of you who don't know the Cookie Brigade, we're a ragtag group of Penny Arcade Forumers who get together to put on essentially the biggest bake sale you've ever seen at PAX, and every cent of all donations go to Child's Play! (For more info about us, head here for now! We're still working on cleaning up and finishing testing on the website, so it's not quite ready for prime time yet ;) )

We're in need of your help: we're finally starting to try and get our ducks in a row as far as organizing goes, and to that end we've created a website with Achievements to try and help get people motivated to volunteer for more! We're picturing that, potentially, we may end up turning the achievements into actual scout-like merit badges that you could then wear proudly while Brigadiering!

Unfortunately, we've historically not had anyone in the group who had art skills: and as such, we currently have randomly generated art (gravatars) for the achievements.

Would anyone be willing to help out the Cookie Brigade by helping to whip out some amusing images for the achievements we currently have?

We'd need them to be square images, perhaps 200x200 pixels each. The badges are as follows:

-- PAX East 2011 Specific --

* PAX East 2011 Brigadier (for signing up on the private forum)
* PAX East 2011 Baker (for signing up as a baker)
* PAX East 2011 Distributor (for signing up as a distributor)
* PAX East 2011 Logistics (for signing up as a logistics liason)
* PAX East 2011 Meeting Attendee (for attending at least one meeting)

-- Baker Achievements --

* A Dozen Dozen (Bake 144 cookies for a single PAX)
* Cookie Monster (Bake 500 cookies for a single PAX)
* A Dozen Dozen Dozen (Bake 1728 cookies for a single PAX)
* Gaming Cookie Baker (Bake gaming themed cookies)
* Where No Baker Has Gone Before (Bake a type of cookie no one has ever baked for the Brigade before)
* Baking Party Thrower (Throw a Brigade baking party)
* That's The Way It Crumbles (Get the components needed [dixie cup, scoop, crumbled cookies] for "cookie shooters)

-- Distributor Achievements --

* Show Me The Money (Collect at least 500$ for Child's Play)
* Cha-ching! (Collect at least 1000$ for Child's Play)
* Did You Rob a Bank? (Collect at least 5000$ for Child's Play)
* Scrooge's Money Bin (Collect at least 10,000$ for Child's Play)
* Celebrity Distributor (Get a picture taken with a PAX VIP)
* Cosplay (Get a picture taken of you distributing while in costume)

-- Join the Website Achievements --

* Early Adopter (Join the Brigade website before January 1st, 2011)

Anyways, these are the categories... would any of you (or even a few of you, if you'd like to split it up among multiple people) fantastic artists be interested in helping?

All I can really offer in return is the gratitude of the Cookie Brigade, and a special Artist Achievement if you'd be willing to join the Brigade in order to receive it (and, of course, actually create an Artist Achievement image ;) )? Even if we don't end up turning the other achievements into literal merit badges, I'd make sure that these art ones would get turned into badges so you get something physical for your efforts! =)

EDIT: Also, I should note that, if you did want to become a Brigadier and contribute art on a more regular basis, we could certainly use your help for future PAXes (and new Achievement ideas) as well! Your artistic input for the designs we create and your ability to create images for new achievements as they come along would be invaluable to us!

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
VThornheart on

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ah! Mulldacity has offered her assistance with the project! Thank you Mull! =)

It sounds like she's up for doing the whole set, so I guess this can be locked if desired! Thanks!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    Littlebutton88Littlebutton88 Registered User regular
    I am very excited about this!

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    If Mully needs some help with the amount I would be willing to do some of these/color some of them. I was planning on doing some more UI/icon practice anyway.