Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Just... Just, the worstRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Set 36 - No Wishing for More Wishes
    Spoiler:

joshofalltrades on
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Man, if I could get a 3D printer that could fabricate a vagina, I'd never leave the house again.
    Ugh. My animated gifs aren't working for whatever reason. I'll fix them when I can. You get the gist for now.

Man, if I could get a 3D printer that could fabricate a vagina, I'd never leave the house again.
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I just want to reiterate that y'all have done a fantastic job of keeping each of the three characters entertainingly separate. :)

elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The FATE of the Rebellion PBP
    FotR on Obsidian Portal
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Haha, I like how you worked the hex editing you're going to do of your magic into the storyline. Excellent.

Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
    edited August 2011
    Syphyre wrote:
    Haha, I like how you worked the hex editing you're going to do of your magic into the storyline. Excellent.

It seemed an apropos way to do it! :)

By the way, the OP has been totally updated now, and we are up to 93 Sets.

EDIT: Also, holy damn the harem scene alone took more screenshots than all the shots in the previous set combined.

joshofalltrades on
  • PiotyrPiotyr Registered User regular
    And so it was that Jethro and Jim ended QFG2 with the exact same honor.

Also, yay for the return of Fanboy Hero!

Because I can kill demons and leopards any time, but get them to glorify me? That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. -- Jim Darkmagic, Let's Play: Quest for Glory Series
    Haha, I didn't want to steal your "Awesome" Hero, Piotyr. That was my favorite part of Jim's finale stuff.

Syphyre wrote:

It seemed an apropos way to do it! :)

By the way, the OP has been totally updated now, and we are up to 93 Sets.

EDIT: Also, holy damn the harem scene alone took more screenshots than all the shots in the previous set combined.

Damned eunuchs.

Because I can kill demons and leopards any time, but get them to glorify me? That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. -- Jim Darkmagic, Let's Play: Quest for Glory Series
    Piotyr wrote:
    And so it was that Jethro and Jim ended QFG2 with the exact same honor.

Also, yay for the return of Fanboy Hero!

I just had to, it seemed too appropriate.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    When I did my family write-up (4 cousins going through the game at once, each one a different class and each completing a game), I had the thief complete the first adventure then when everyone else is trying to stop Ad Avis, the thief goes, "hey, my cousins' got this covered, and I'm already a hero... think I'll just relax with you ladies for a bit... " :winky:

newSig.jpg
    Okay, I made one more minor addition to the OP and now I'm hunkering down to work on the last couple of sets.

Okay, I made one more minor addition to the OP and now I'm hunkering down to work on the last couple of sets.

:lol:

Piotyr wrote:

:lol:

ahahaha

edited August 2011
    Set 37 - Boning, or Heroism? Decisions, decisions...
    Spoiler:

joshofalltrades on
    Only one more set to go, but it's getting too late for me to start on it now. You'll all just have to be content with three sets in a single day.

Yep, that Harem takes forever. Not that anyone ever minds...

Only one more set to go, but it's getting too late for me to start on it now. You'll all just have to be content with three sets in a single day.

Six sets in two days? Is that all? ;)

Hopefully soon we can all be playing QFG3. I would say this next set will place us at 2/5 of the way through the entire LP, but it's probably a little bit more than that, considering how little time will be necessary in 3.

edited August 2011
    But I think that 4 and 5 are going to take at least as long as 2.

Edit: I'm keeping my Avatar.

EditEdit: Ok, that set was AWESOME josh. I almost want to play through as a thief just to hit up that sequence myself.

Syphyre on
    Syphyre wrote:
    I'm keeping my Avatar.

The statement matches the avatar's glare precisely.

• HammerlockHammerlock Registered User
    Wow, never saw that sequence before...paladin and thieving mage were my previous run-throughs with QFG2.

Bye Nawar, see you in Silmeria!

Hammerlock wrote:
    Bye Nawar, see you in five minutes!

Fix'd.

FotR on Obsidian Portal
    At least a day has passed after you kill Ad Avis before the magic carpet comes for you. You know Hamburglar is taking advantage of that time.

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Hammerlock wrote:
    Wow, never saw that sequence before...paladin and thieving mage were my previous run-throughs with QFG2.

You know, it just occurred to me that there are 4 love interests in QFG5 so someone is getting left out.

Your belief is not required
    gjaustin wrote:
    Hammerlock wrote:

You know, it just occurred to me that there are 4 love interests in QFG5 so someone is getting left out.

Probably the one who's pretty on the inside

gjaustin wrote:

Nawar (everyone--as you can see, she's easy/not exactly picky), Elsa (fighter, paladin), Katrina (magic user, thief?), Erana (paladin, magic user)

• MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Hammerlock wrote:
    gjaustin wrote:

Nawar (everyone--as you can see, she's easy/not exactly picky), Elsa (fighter, paladin), Katrina (magic user, thief?), Erana (paladin, magic user)

Yeah, as I understand it:
    Spoiler:

But I'm sure there's some leeway there. When I played 5 I always preferred:
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2011
    I think I found your problem ...
    Massena wrote:
    When I played 5 I always preferred:
    Spoiler:

Elvenshae on
    FotR on Obsidian Portal
    edited August 2011
    Well I'm the goody two shoes and I'm going to grab the same, and I don't think there's much doubt that Elsa's gonna get left out in the cold from the others ;-)

Syphyre on
    Hamburglar will marry Nawar and Elsa

Big Love: Silmerian Edition

Jim will marry himself.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist silly fellow, silly fellow, is against me Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    Jim will marry himself.

No surprise there.

Just remember to buy oil "for those squeaky hinges" first. :lol:

edited August 2011
    Set 38 - Magic Carpet Ride (if you know what I mean)
    Spoiler:

joshofalltrades on
    The OP was officially too long with this update. I moved all the extraneous bullshit to the second post, in case you are still wondering why you can't read anything or what this game is about or shit like that. I have a feeling this will continue to be a problem as this LP gets lengthier and lengthier.

Note to self: keep set titles under 3 paragraphs.

I was going to try to roll this into my first QFG3 set, but it's not really wizard specific, so...

Here is the trailer for Quest for Glory 3 (no, really, they made a trailer):

So, the Paladin gets points in his magic stat. (Why, I have no clue, couldn't they just make the paladin spells run off honor?) Because of this, when you start QFG3, you get the Wizard opening sequence, rather than the Fighter sequence (You'd think they would have thought of that) So I had to go through two opening sequences to get it right.

I'm going to hold off on starting QFG3 for the weekend. 4 sets in 2 days takes its toll.