As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

3DS Users

JHawkJHawk Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
Hopefully all 3DS owners will carry it with them with streetpass on (can you say 1,000 notifications? :D ). I thinking thought it would be nice to be able to easily identify other PAX-goers who have them, perhaps somehting else to attach to your lanyard that says "3DS Streetpass User"?

Just a thought really.

JHawk on

• SolcadeSolcade Registered User new member
    I am definitely looking forward to StreetPass! I just bought the Nyko Extended Battery Pak today to ensure I have enough juice to last each day :)

Not sure what could be used as a lanyard identifier... Nintendo swag/gear is fairly difficult to get your hands on, and it would have to be fairly standardized for it to work for everyone.

But I think it'll be pretty easy to know who has a 3DS and who doesn't. You see, 3DS users will walk for about five minutes, and then hunch into a corner to quest with their new StreetPass heroes! (and rinse and repeat) :D

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Keep in mind that you can only queue up 10 Streetpass dudes at a time, so you'll have to stop to clear them out every minute or so.

• ChichenChichen Registered User regular
    I bought a 3ds recently too. Can't wait to see all the streetpass people.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    bought the wife one, but won't be able to afford me one till after PAX :(

• GyladiaGyladia Registered User regular
    Solelron wrote:
    bought the wife one, but won't be able to afford me one till after PAX :(

Spoken like a true gentleman.

• afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    I shall have my 3DS out!
    Solcade wrote:
    I just bought the Nyko Extended Battery Pak today to ensure I have enough juice to last each day :)

Is it a pretty good product/worth buying?

Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • DarknukeDarknuke Registered User new member
    What will you guys even be playing? I feel like Street Fighter and DoA are like the only decent multiplayer games.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    afipanic wrote:
    I shall have my 3DS out!
    Solcade wrote:
    I just bought the Nyko Extended Battery Pak today to ensure I have enough juice to last each day :)

Is it a pretty good product/worth buying?
    If you don't mind a bit of extra girth in your system, and the back of the system being black, and not being able to use the dock that came with the 3DS, sure, it doubles battery life (to be fair you can get it with its own dock if you want for a bit extra).

• lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    Darknuke wrote:
    What will you guys even be playing? I feel like Street Fighter and DoA are like the only decent multiplayer games.

Ocarina, because I've never played a Zelda before. (For shame, I know)
    Obviously not multiplayer, so I'll be caqrrying around classic DS games for that.

I wonder who my first street pass will be. Being from Lincoln, NE, I don't often cross paths with a 3DS owner. Or, at least, my 3DS doesn't.

• ElspethElspeth Registered User new member
    I can't wait for Streetpass :) I am always surprised how many hits I get going to Seattle Sounders game.

Not sure on the mutli player stuff since I don't play that way that much.

Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.
  • JHawkJHawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Really! Sounders games? I never would have thought, though I guess it is a lot of people in one place...

What'll probably happen is whenever I ened up in a line or need some rest I'll register the most recent people so new ones can be added.

One more thing: In terms of games (which are obviously still limited), what would you suggest? None of them seem to appeal to me except Ocarina, but I've already played that. I feel like I need to have at least ONE 3DS game with me at PAX.

JHawk on
  • josh shadowfaxjosh shadowfax Registered User regular
    Street Fighter is the best for multiplayer, imo.

• Goose1004Goose1004 Registered User new member
    JHawk wrote:
    Really! Sounders games? I never would have thought, though I guess it is a lot of people in one place...

What'll probably happen is whenever I ened up in a line or need some rest I'll register the most recent people so new ones can be added.

One more thing: In terms of games (which are obviously still limited), what would you suggest? None of them seem to appeal to me except Ocarina, but I've already played that. I feel like I need to have at least ONE 3DS game with me at PAX.
    I found Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars to be a really fun game.

• DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    Ghost Recon is by far the best game out for 3DS right now

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Me and my 3DS will be present. Gonna need to work on stretching the thumb and wrist joints with what I am sure will be a lot of 3DS opening and closing to clear out streetpass max hits.

• rkenshinrkenshin Registered User regular
    Too bad Star Fox won't be out.. Would've liked to play against some random people waiting in line but being able to see their faces in versus mode :)

• DTJAAAAMDTJAAAAM Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've had over 1,000 StreetPass tags thanks to my frequent convention travels, so I'm hoping to get as close as I can to 2K at PAX! If you see a Mii with my username on your 3DS, now you know who it was.

• ElspethElspeth Registered User new member
    JHawk wrote:

I get the most when my hubby and I walk from Pacific Place to the stadium. I have gotten at least 5 if not more (been awhile since we have done that walk)

If you see a Mii with cat ears saying GO SOUNDERS, that is me :D

Game wise, DoA is pretty fun so is Street Fighter

Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.
  • Joelcool7Joelcool7 Registered User regular
    Man I'm bringing my 3DS unfortunetly I won't be able to use it much as the battery won't last all day each day. I'm also going to want to friend request people at PAX especially if I'm waiting in line with other 3DS users!

• ChichenChichen Registered User regular
    Yah I'll be accepting friend requests everywhere. I don't have many games yet since I just got it recently as a gift. But yah. Can't wait.

• CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    I'm bringing mine, looking forward to the battery dying instantly as I'm bombarded with StreetPass data. I only have OoT so far, but I'll try and pick up Street Fighter before I head to PAX.

Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
    There's a limit on streetpass? Like is there a certain number I need to check before more will come in through the queue?

• recycledairrecycledair Registered User regular
    I'll have mine as well. I haven't gotten many hits, though I no longer carry it around with me in downtown. It's weird because I'd expect to get a lot of people in downtown Seattle, but I think I maybe got one? PAX will be perfect for it though, so I'm excited! Probably will be playing Ocarina while standing in lines... I'd be up for some Mario Kart DS though with people! I love that game. Can't wait to see (hopefully) the new Mario Kart coming out for the 3DS, too!

• Agent RazAgent Raz Registered User regular
    Xarthan wrote:
    There's a limit on streetpass? Like is there a certain number I need to check before more will come in through the queue?

You can collect up to 10 people, and I think you need to interact with them (get puzzle pieces/fight ghosts) immediately because you can't use them after you start tagging more. If someone else knows better, feel free to correct me; I've never tagged more than three or four people at a time.

• XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
    Agent Raz wrote:
    Xarthan wrote:

You can collect up to 10 people, and I think you need to interact with them (get puzzle pieces/fight ghosts) immediately because you can't use them after you start tagging more. If someone else knows better, feel free to correct me; I've never tagged more than three or four people at a time.

I found this. http://3dsforums.com/nintendo-3ds-3/streetpass-data-exchange-blocked-spotpass-10-mii-limit-14648/

• Goose1004Goose1004 Registered User new member
    I'll have mine with me, along with some DoA and Ghost Recon for multiplayer games.

• OmegaDMZOmegaDMZ Registered User regular
    I'll be of great use at PAX since I already got all the pieces of puzzle from Street Pass so others can get it.

• lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    Xarthan wrote:
    Agent Raz wrote:
    Xarthan wrote:

I found this. http://3dsforums.com/nintendo-3ds-3/streetpass-data-exchange-blocked-spotpass-10-mii-limit-14648/

Thanks for droppin the knowledge.
    I'll definitely be tweaking my spotpass settings before arriving.

• Lynx_Lynx_ Registered User regular
    Picked up a few of you in town today! My current Mii is called Creeper. it's actually one of my less creepy Miis, though...
    Got someone from the UK who had all the puzzle pieces. Nice :)

• MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    I really wish that you could gather more than 10 at once, because I'll be stopping every several minutes to clear them out until I give up and just check every hour or so :P

Those with Street Fighter, remember to set your figurines! I plan on changing mine every once in a while too...

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • AnnaThemaAnnaThema Registered User regular
    I just got my 3DS this week, and I'm so stoked about getting Miis! I've only received one so far. It was tantalizing.

• jumpman-jrjumpman-jr Registered User regular
    I still have just a lowly DS Lite. Hopefully everyone won't point and laugh at me.

Anyhow... will this potentially be the largest gathering thus far of 3DSs?

• AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    Yup, caps out at 10. I've pretty much hit the cap every hour at PAXDev.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Hrm, I've been able to collect over 10 without tweaking settings...

I've already collected about 30 people prior to PAX though, so I will be rescued from those ghosts yet!

Look out for Cristoval from Alberta.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    That may or may not be true though, but I so recall collecting 15 or so in one go... Hrm.

• Eticket109Eticket109 Registered User regular
    Hmm... I may have to pick up Street Fighter on the way up.

• FritoFrito Registered User regular
    Just finished getting all the hats AND all the panels. Thanks guys! Was I seriously the only Mii with the metroid hat?

• AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    It's entirely game dependent. MiiPlaza caps at 10, 3DS sound caps at 99. StreetFighter is at 10, and Ridge Racer is at 8.

• FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Hey, Alpha! Saw your Mii in my 3DS. Must've been while waiting for the Make a Strip panel.

BTW, for the final day, my Mii will be toon Link. Just changed my profile.

Man, I've over doubled my total Miis. I'm 600+ now. I started the weekend with around 300-ish.

Ferquin N.C. Root