As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Deals Thread

KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Games and Technology
VIDEO GAME DEALS THREAD

This thread is here to help people share sweet deals on games that you've found around the 'net. No matter how little of a discount, that last 2$ might be the tipping point for someone willing to buy that damned game they want. I don't think this needs much of an introduction, but I aim to keep this opening post updated so that YOU can easily find deals without having to look through every page of this thread. However, as a lot of 'smaller' deals might sell out more quickly (such as used stock online), I'd definitely suggest checking the newest page or two if you have time.

I make no guarantee that these deals will be available when you check it, but I'll do my best to make sure it's up to date.

Amazon Labor Day PC Download Sale, includes:

Mass Effect 3 - 16$ or digital deluxe 20$
Kingdoms of Amalur - 16$
Grand Theft Auto 4 and Max Payne 3 - 30$
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition - 10$
Sims 3 - 12$
Darkness 2 - 10$
Syndicate - 10$
Dead Space Dual Pack - 8$
Divinity 2 - 6$
and some other stuff.

Preorders w/ Credit:

Borderlands 2 PS3/360 + 10$ credit

Resident Evil 6 preorder + 10$ credit

I'm looking for a deal on (digital download service), is there any deal on (game)?
CHECK THIS BAD BOY RIGHT HERE HOT DAMN: http://www.isthereanydeal.com/
or you can try this one: http://www.steamgamesales.com/stores.php

0Iy3a.png

Are you a student or someone with a .edu email? Get your first 6 months of Amazon Prime free HERE. Free 2-day shipping on every item, and free release date shipping on all preorders!

Don't mind buying used? Check the Amazon Warehouse Deals -- you can find some stuff at really great prices here. It's all eligible for their awesome shipping too!

3DS Section

PS3 Section

360 Section

Wii Section

PSP Section

Post any deals you find, and let me know if any in the OP have gone bad!

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
Kaseius on

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Greenmangaming has another 20% discount coupon (HAPPY-PAYDA-YSITE)

This coupon stacks with the 15% preorder discount on games like Dead Island and Batman: Arkham City, bringing the cost down to just under $34 each (PC versions only)

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:

This coupon stacks with the 15% preorder discount on games like Dead Island and Batman: Arkham City, bringing the cost down to just under $34 each (PC versions only)

I knew I was forgetting something!

• XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    This is a good thread. For the people, by the people.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Xtarath wrote:

Of course you could just go to cheapassgamer and see all of these and a buttload more.

Update on the Greenmangaming Dead Island deal.

The 20% off voucher (HAPPY-PAYDA-YSITE) no longer seems to work when preordering Dead Island.

Instead, they have a different voucher (EATIN-BRAIN-ZZZZZ) that lowers the cost for Dead Island to just over $36.

Sorry for any confusion.

iRevert wrote:
    Xtarath wrote:

Of course you could just go to cheapassgamer and see all of these and a buttload more.

Yeah, I'm hoping to kind of filter a lot of the random stuff into a more basic "here's the good things" thread, at least for the folks who just mostly visit G&T.

Lawndart -- I updated the OP for the voucher change. Is happypaydaysite still working with Batman?

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    question: are those PC versions only? those are crazy good prices but it seems to only let me choose the game and not a version.
    EDIT: should read product pages more carefully, my bad

Local H Jay on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Kaseius wrote:

My favorite is when they do 20$ credits on things. It's like 33% off already!

Example: Gears of War 3 w/ 20$ credit
    How is it 33% off already? I see it for 59.99. Also why the hell is the regular edition have the $20 dollar credit but not the Special or Ultimate editions?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Do you still get the steam preorder bonuses if you buy from greenmangaming?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ratsult2 wrote:

I just got Dead Island from GMG. You get the DLC thingie, but not that weapon. That's a Steam preorder bonus.

• Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    Ratsult2 wrote:

I just got Dead Island from GMG. You get the DLC thingie, but not that weapon. That's a Steam preorder bonus.

Thanks. Did you get your code right away, or does it take a few days?

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ratsult2 wrote:

Don't think so. Or at least Deus Ex didn't seem to give me anything and I can't really tell if they secretly gave it to me, since I don't play TF2.

Edit: Gah, was a bit late.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    Ratsult2 wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Ratsult2 wrote:

Based on my experience ordering Deus Ex: Human Revolution from them, they email out codes closer to release date. It may vary depending on if games are Steamworks games or not.

Also, I did not get the DX:HR TF2 pre-order items.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Kaseius wrote:

How is it 33% off already? I see it for 59.99. Also why the hell is the regular edition have the $20 dollar credit but not the Special or Ultimate editions?

The $10-$20 credits on video games at Amazon are almost never for anything other than the standard editions. I doubt the competition on those is fierce enough that they would feel the need to offer a credit.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ratsult2 wrote:

First time I buy from GMG, so I dunno. Email said they send the code on release day.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Oh I love me some Amazon.

When you have a .edu, your trade ins are as good as cash <3

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    Ratsult2 wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Ratsult2 wrote:

Based on my experience ordering Deus Ex: Human Revolution from them, they email out codes closer to release date. It may vary depending on if games are Steamworks games or not.

Also, I did not get the DX:HR TF2 pre-order items.

They email out Steamworks codes as soon as they get them. Red Orchestra 2 codes went out like a month ago, while Deus Ex HR codes were only like a week before release.

Normal games, I'm pretty sure you just get them at release, since you'll have to download it them off their site.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Hey thanks for the new thread! Wish Amazon would put out some promotional pre-order credit for portable games too. =(

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:

This is an excellent deal on Arkham City. Any word on if it will use Steamworks or not? Google is turning up conflicting results, though it does sound like it won't use GFWL. *cheer*

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    CiV 5 is back on the daily sale at Gamersgate, 17 bucks again.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Gah, so many good deals on PC games.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    http://www.direct2drive.com/

Direct 2 Drive is offering up some goodies, Dragon Age 2 for about $12, Dawn of War 2 Retribution for $15, Two Worlds 2 for $20... egh, The Witcher 2 for about $30, and Fable 3 for about $25.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    edited August 2011
    Kaseius wrote:

I mean it as 33% off in the sense that you're getting 20$ in credit for ordering it, basically making it cost 40$. But not really, but sort of. Kinda.
    Vi Monks wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

This is an excellent deal on Arkham City. Any word on if it will use Steamworks or not? Google is turning up conflicting results, though it does sound like it won't use GFWL. *cheer*

I think it's a Games for Windows game, but doesn't use Live? I'm not entirely sure to be honest, but I'm pretty confident it's not Steamworks (unfortunately). :(
    Arthil wrote:
    http://www.direct2drive.com/

Direct 2 Drive is offering up some goodies, Dragon Age 2 for about $12, Dawn of War 2 Retribution for $15, Two Worlds 2 for $20... egh, The Witcher 2 for about $30, and Fable 3 for about $25.

Amazon's got them matched for Dragon Age 2, Dawn of War 2 Retribution, and Witcher 2 (PC downloads) but it doesn't seem like they have Fable 3 or Two Worlds 2 downloads.
    Corpekata wrote:
    CiV 5 is back on the daily sale at Gamersgate, 17 bucks again.

Yep, Amazon's got it too. Link's in the OP.

Kaseius on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote:
    Kaseius wrote:

The $10-$20 credits on video games at Amazon are almost never for anything other than the standard editions. I doubt the competition on those is fierce enough that they would feel the need to offer a credit.
    I just don't understand what the difference is really, the other editions cost more.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote:
    Kaseius wrote:

I just don't understand what the difference is really, the other editions cost more.

I think collector's editions are a smaller piece of the retailer pie, so they're not competing with other retailers for your purchase as much. They also don't appeal to budget-minded gamers by their very nature, so there's not as much reason to push them.

How's Retribution's single-player?

Vi Monks wrote:
    How's Retribution's single-player?

I haven't finished the single player campaign(s) but what I played was more like the original Dawn Of War than DOW2. There's no base building, but unlike the first DOW2 campaigns instead of controlling just 4 hero units you control some hero units and spend resources and energy to create more numerous but less powerful units.

Also, the campaign for each race is pretty much the same campaign with different dialogue and slightly different cut scenes.

Epic Mickey for Wii, 17.99$ new

Sorry, Monks, I can't give any feedback on Retribution. :(

It sounds like fun, from what I can tell, though not sure if I can justify $15 on it right now -- mostly because of all the stuff coming out later this year.

Vi Monks wrote:
    It sounds like fun, from what I can tell, though not sure if I can justify $15 on it right now -- mostly because of all the stuff coming out later this year.

Trying to decide which games I want to buy at launch and which I can wait for is one of the hardest things. D:

Tekken 6 LE for 360 34.99$ (comes with art book and fight stick)

Captain America PS3/360 29.99 (in stock soon), Wii 24.99

People are actually saying this is decent?! Have any of you gents played it?

Kaseius wrote:
    Captain America PS3/360 29.99 (in stock soon), Wii 24.99

People are actually saying this is decent?! Have any of you gents played it?
    While not amazing people say it's the best movie game released in time for a theater release yet.

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Hey, I would buy a piece of turd. If it was the biggest piece of turd I have ever seen yet!

So, wait, would you buy the worst game you've ever seen then? Like, is the theoretical crap of the game proportional to how bad the game is?

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I hear it's a pretty good riff on Arkham Asylum.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    If you haven't gotten it already you probably aren't but:

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition is on sale from 13 to 27% off on Amazon.

Edit: PC download edition isn't steamworks, and my code didn't activate on steam when I put it in, so don't go in expecting that. (download was nice and fast and it didn't make me use a client)

Huntera on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i'd buy captain amurica but i know it'll be $15 in a month so....

According to http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals, the new Alice will be 60% off on Origin later today.

• RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    Vi Monks wrote:
    According to http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals, the new Alice will be 60% off on Origin later today.

Hmm, $20 is tempting, but it can go lower and my backlog is killing me. Decisions, decisions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Impulse has taken over the Dragon Age 2 for 12 bucks deal from Direct 2 drive, and the first games ultimate edition is also the same price. Bundle is 18 bucks. Good deal. http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2407

This discussion has been closed.