As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I DEMAND TAMALES

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Rancho Bravo has unexpectedly good tacos. They are better than you would expect.

I still like the food at Gallerias, even if their service is borderline intolerable.

That bar on Summit with the tacos is a crime against man. Those tacos are offensive, I purchased one for a friend and I still feel bad about it.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, Gallerias has pretty good food but god the service. Still, worth it once in a while as long as you don't have to be anywhere.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    The brunch menu is pretty great, for $10 you get a fantastic amount of high quality food.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    im working with my fiance right now to see if we can cook up some talames for dinner one of the nights i visit her this weekend

orzo stuffed bell peppers are already on the list

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    thumbnail_64214.jpg

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Theres a place my dad goes to on his way home from work where a bunch of old ladies hand make tamales. They are super delicious. also, my sister is getting us some from this bitching tamale store in Indy this weekend. Super pumped

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the del taco just down the street recently closed down inexplicably

which sucks for me because even though del taco is awful they were the only restaurant within walking distance of where I live

the del taco just down the street recently closed down inexplicably

which sucks for me because even though del taco is awful they were the only restaurant within walking distance of where I live

sexy sax man sergio flores will be heartbroken

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    My tamale lunch, with an enchilada in the middle. The plate is messy because it can't handle all of the flavor.

I am dubbing today tamale Tuesday.

With Mexican piggy bank for size comparison
    mailgoogle2com.jpg

Yum!
    mailgooglecommo.jpg

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Get a bike.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Pretty much the only thing I want to eat any more is chicken quesadillas, and chips and guacamole.

I was hung over and driving to a friends place and stopped a taco bell. I got a quesadilla, and it was pretty gross. I don't know what kind of cheese they were using, but it was the wrong kind.

what the heck, youtube inlining

well done Reg!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    We have a tradition at work, when big movies come out we get El Amigo take out. We have Harry Potter Wizard Fiesta, and recently for Conan we had Barbarians and Burritos

at taco bell they really just use this awful cheese food spread shit

which i'm convinced is just industrial grade roofing compound

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    this place in Memphis has barbeque tamales,its called the germantown commissary

they are in the top 20 at least of best thing ive ever eaten

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Man, chicken burrito, tomatillo salsa and habanero salsa. I'm ready for my siesta.

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Squall wrote: »
    never had one but i should try!

Come visit and we will get tamales.

I want to go.
    I love tamales something fierce

nevillexmassig1.png
    neville wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:

I want to go.
    I love tamales something fierce

Yes! <3

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote:

I want one.

Man Memphis BBQ is so fucking tasty. Want some interstate and some rendezvous right now.

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    These tamales are spicy! The masa has a bit of lime juice in it, it really is a nice addition to the flavor. One of the perks of living in LA is that plate cost me $5, and I probably won't finish it there is so much food.

Who am I kidding, that plate is going in my belly. Oink.

rhylith wrote:
    Walt wrote:

I want one.

Man Memphis BBQ is so fucking tasty. Want some interstate and some rendezvous right now.

last time i was in memphis i ate at leonard's 4 times.

i was in memphis for 1 day

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    There's a nice taqueria near us. Hells of tasty.

Walt wrote:
    rhylith wrote:
    Walt wrote:

I want one.

last time i was in memphis i ate at leonard's 4 times.

i was in memphis for 1 day

Sounds like a pretty great day.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I want to visit Memphis at some point, but I can't think of anything to do but listen to music and eat bbq.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    how do you make those green arrow circle link things appear??

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    sometimes i get tamales from Rancho Bravo

something tells me that Dru is going to shit on Rancho Bravo

I've never eaten there, but the tacos look good so I don't get why you think I'd shit on the place.

gX4SH.jpg

oh, you should! they're not the greatest tacos but they're cheap and delicious when intoxicated.

• PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    I actually made tamales a couple years ago.

They turned out pretty okay. I was impressed at my first attempt.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    and you never tried to make them again?

LTM wrote:
    I want to visit Memphis at some point, but I can't think of anything to do but listen to music and eat bbq.

That is the only reason to go there.

Just go during Memphis in May or something.

• PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    and you never tried to make them again?

I wanted to, but I just never got around to it. Plus, I need to get a collection of corn husk wrappers.

Masa is a mess to clean up, too. Once it dries, you can build a fucking bridge out of it.

edited August 2011
    rhylith wrote:
    LTM wrote:

That is the only reason to go there.

Just go during Memphis in May or something.
    they have a pretty sweet zoo too, with giant pandas and everything. and some of the best crack around.

smoke crack, see pandas, eat TAMALES FILLED WITH BARBEQUE

actually, I can't remember if they were actually filled with barbeque or if they were just so drenched in barbeque sauce from being on my plate that it tasted like they were. either way, it was great.

Walt on
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    @Reginald Where'd you get them tamales?
    My problem is I got.a couple of sources of good homemade tamales, but only when they want to make them; Christmas amd office potlicks and things like that. I ain't.got hot and cold running tamales from a source I trust.

• ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    uua8zv00n.gif

e: huh

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Sheri wrote: »
    Dru let's go get food

I am now hungry you JERK

I'm sorry, but all I can do today is point you toward some pretty good tamales downtown (as I'm assuming that's where you are).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-puerco-lloron-seattle

It's nothing fancy, but they make their tortillas by hand every day and the tamales are pretty good. Not the best, but better than most.

Currently in Ballard but I'll see if I can make it happen! Will I see you and Jess again before I go?

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    The little cocina by us only does tamales the second week of the month.

Why?

That's when grandma comes to visit.

It's a fantastic little joint.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    Sheri wrote: »
    Dru let's go get food

I am now hungry you JERK

I'm sorry, but all I can do today is point you toward some pretty good tamales downtown (as I'm assuming that's where you are).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-puerco-lloron-seattle

It's nothing fancy, but they make their tortillas by hand every day and the tamales are pretty good. Not the best, but better than most.

Currently in Ballard but I'll see if I can make it happen! Will I see you and Jess again before I go?

You're around until the weekend right? We might be able to do something tomorrow, but I'm working all week and then we're camping this weekend so we'll see!

chromdom wrote:
    @Reginald Where'd you get them tamales?
    My problem is I got.a couple of sources of good homemade tamales, but only when they want to make them; Christmas amd office potlicks and things like that. I ain't.got hot and cold running tamales from a source I trust.

I get my tamales from a place called Gloria's. Today, however, I got my tamales from a street vendor in downtown Los Angeles. They make them at home and then bring them in a cooler to the street, and sell them for a coupla bucks a piece.

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

You making or you taking?

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Rancho Bravo has unexpectedly good tacos. They are better than you would expect.

I still like the food at Gallerias, even if their service is borderline intolerable.

That bar on Summit with the tacos is a crime against man. Those tacos are offensive, I purchased one for a friend and I still feel bad about it.

You dont go to summit pub for the tacos.

Just like you don't go to Tacos Gringos for the beer.