As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Now with more homoerotic overtones and multiplayer! [Mass Effect 3]

DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-)What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Social Entropy++
It will be a sad, sad day when these threads are no longer made. Until then: party in the USA.

Mass_Effect_3_Logo.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTo_9xyl1LA

This just in! New official screenshots for the ME3 case cover art!

Ladyshep
dealwithit.jpg
Courtesy of Jordyn "Hangover" Shepard

Maleshep
shepard.png
Courtesy of: Dichotomy "Garruslovr669" Shepard

What? Okay, fiiiiiiiine.
311989_10150272365446645_85811091644_7851547_4251119_n.jpg
mass_effect_3_cover_art.jpg

Simple rules for not being a big stupid jellyfish:

1. No arguments over who's the better voice actor. People like them both. They have their preferences. You can express your own opinions without being a dick about it.

2. No bitching when people quote lines one or more times than you care to hear. It's the internet. See Hangover Shepard for reference.

3. Garrus is the best.

4. Be kind to our "friend from Noveria" and don't quote his inflammatory statements. We love him. Be nice.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
Doobh on

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I heard Batarians have six eyes in this one

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Here's something I found on the ME3 thread over at SA. I suppose we can blame it all on Kelly for not doing her job.

me3theband.th.jpg

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote:
    I heard Batarians have six eyes in this one

At least three times the eyes of the average human. Six of the common cyclops.

Miss me? Find me on:

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wait.

I thought Wrex and/or Mordin was the best.

Is Garrus also the best? Must "Best" be redefined? Is everything I know a lie?

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Wait.

I thought Wrex and/or Mordin was the best.

Is Garrus also the best? Must "Best" be redefined? Is everything I know a lie?

Garrus is the best bro

wrex isn't so much a bro as he is a fond if abrasive older relative

and Mordin is crazy in a good way

but as bros go? Garrus, followed by Bro Minoris, Jacob.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm upset there wasn't a postgame sequence of spilling drinks on the citadel with all surviving crew members.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote:
    I'm upset there wasn't a postgame sequence of spilling drinks on the citadel with all surviving crew members.

This is probably the biggest flaw with the game.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Shepherd drunkingly stumbling around the Presidium, Grunt and Zaeed holding him up by his arms and singing songs about killing people

wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited August 2011
    Credits finish with a photograph sequence of the whole event

edit: Uh oh! Looks like Kelly got caught with Thane on film!

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

He only has 8 months to live! that's hilarious

oh yeah I guess Thane will be dead by the time of ME3. Maybe we'll have to deal with his son?

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Spoilers!
    Bioware has confirmed that Thane is not dead when Mass Effect 3 starts. It's probably likely that he, and a whole bunch of other people, could die during the events of the game.

Miss me? Find me on:

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Human Hero arrested For Public Indecency on Citidel.

I hope that I can kill everyone in ME3.

I won't do it, but I need the option to be there.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    Dubh wrote:
    Spoilers!
    Bioware has confirmed that Thane is not dead when Mass Effect 3 starts. It's probably likely that he, and a whole bunch of other people, could die during the events of the game.

boo

BOOOOOOO

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Hey, my first ladyshep romanced Thane. He and his leathery vocal cords. Mmmm. Can't you just imagine his voice?

Miss me? Find me on:

I like Thane

I would have liked them to stick with his story and kill him off at the time the character said it would die

I mean at least if they brought him back, make him mortally ill and we'll have to fill in his final contract or something

buy nope, years later, Thane is still dying but not enough for him to abstain from going on wild space adventures

wY6K6Jb.gif
    I don't think
    Thane has much fight left in him. They haven't confirmed him as a squadmate, or anything. It would be a shitty thing to pull for those who romanced him to go and kill Thane off behind the scenes.

Miss me? Find me on:

"Years later"? Doesn't mass effect 3 take place like, several months later?

Years in the future

but not many!

(I actually have no idea)

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    Dubh wrote:
    I don't think
    Thane has much fight left in him. They haven't confirmed him as a squadmate, or anything. It would be a shitty thing to pull for those who romanced him to go and kill Thane off behind the scenes.
    I wonder if Bioware would be gutsy enough to have a mission in ME3 which involves finding a cure for Thane's disease but getting it would wreck a chance to pick up something optional for the anti-Reaper effort that would make beating them a lot easier. Save the life of Thane and others in his predicament or save the optional macguffin. One or the other.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:

"What? itz jus'a dumb jellyfish. Not like I hurt it 'r nuthin'. I wuz jus' tryin'a get pics of Miranda an' Tali bein' attacked by tentacles.

Cuz that's hot."

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Shepardgate.

tonight on Fox, Commander Shepard, Earth Hero, or nazi commie scum bag trying to sell us out to the Turians?

Kelly Chambers tells all.

• JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:

WHATUPCITADEL.jpg

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited August 2011
    Where's my omni-codpiece?

edit: @Jordyn, how does it feel to be the face of humanity?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Jordyn wrote: »
    Melding wrote:

WHATUPCITADEL.jpg

This is exactly what i was hoping for.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Man I still need to play through the DLC for ME2. Ugh. What are the good ones and what are the bad ones I can avoid buying?

Bucketman wrote:
    Man I still need to play through the DLC for ME2. Ugh. What are the good ones and what are the bad ones I can avoid buying?

avoid Firewalker

Arrival is ok, you finally get to see the Big Bad in person so it's cool

definitely get Shadow Broker, it's pretty remarkable how good it was. Like, waaaay better than it had any right to be.

wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited August 2011
    All of the DLC is great, imo. Shadow Broker and Arrival have relevant story implications for ME3. That doesn't mean you should ignore Overlord, or the weapons pack. Oh, right, Kasumi is DLC. She has a wonderful mission (with awesome rewards) and makes a fun squadmate.

Honestly, I say pick up everything except Genesis.

edit: Firewalker ain't much. It does have a nice bonus upgrade at the very end, but I don't think it justifies what you have to go through to get it.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I got Firewalker and Katsumi when they released. Ugh I guess I'm going to reinstall this tomorrow, gah.

oh yeah Overlord is neat

and I thought the extra squad members were worth playing without mention

they're extra squad members!

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    What the hell is Genesis?

Adus wrote:
    What the hell is Genesis?

Remember that thing that the PS3 version had the beginning, since there wasn't a ME1 on that platform? The Shepard generator with the terrible arts? Yeah, not much worth it if you have a Shepard to import or access to masseffectsaves.com.

Miss me? Find me on:

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Kasumi and Overlord are great
    Lair of the Shadow Broker is amazing. Best DLC ever
    The rest are also okay

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Firewalker is superfluous but also free

But yeah Kasumi, Overlord, and Shadow Broker are all awesome and Arrival is worth playing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Balefuego wrote:
    But yeah Kasumi, Overlord, and Shadow Broker are all awesome and Arrival is required playing for ME3.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I'm a little saddened that Admiral Hackett doesn't look much like Lance Hendrickson but I still hope we get to pal-around with him some more in ME3.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    I felt bad during Shadowbroker for sticking to my guns and not giving Liara a hug.

The game kept throwing that Paragon Interrupt at me over and over and over like a puppy, but I was playing a Renegade Shep, damnit.

I'm kinda surprised
    that giving the Shadow Broker the intel on Cerberus in ME1 had no visible consequences in ME2. I was sure we'd get something!
    also I am pretty sure the real Shadow Broker is that "VI" drone that's just hiding behind the various organic beings who believed they assumed the mantel

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I want a N7 bathrobe

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    When I'm killing reapers with my bare hands as male Shep, I'm putting this on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUO_5EALZoM

This discussion has been closed.