As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Borderlands!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man I am just grinding through some of the Claptrap DLC stuff to get those dumb collection achievements

I would invite people to join me but 1) this is super boring and I don't want to put anyone through that and 2) People are supposed to come over, so I'd have to unexpectedly leave at any time

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I would join but the wife is almost 85 in WoW on Bro'gall so we're beating up dungeons.

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    fuck Xbox, death to microsoft

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Anjin-San wrote:
    fuck Xbox

if they could figure out some peripherals dealing with this, they might finally get their first big break in the Japanese market.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So, Dead Island is out today. I'm renting it for a week or so, if anyone wants to coop it up, let me know!

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Fuckbox 360

And suddenly everything about Kinect seems waaaaaay creepier and way more marketable.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    Man. Dead Island is... weird.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I didn't expect to be interested in it but I've been reading the reviews and I'll be damned if I'm not interested.

Also I wish Mordecai had a better special. The bird is cool and all but I forget about it. I'll be blasting dudes and think oh yeah, I guess I'll bird this one.

It seems like a game that would best be bought cheaply.

That said, I played like three hours and didn't realize it until I looked at the clock. It's really awkward in a lot of ways.

• L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    ive got this installed i guess but i cant remember what my actual gamespy name is or figure it out so um

idk

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    So it looks like a patch just went out for the steam version of borderlands

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    Implemented new opt-in stat-tracking service, BTest, for Steam players.

- The result of ongoing work within Gearbox Labs, BTest is a limited-time experiment that offers you the chance to help us tune and improve our games.

- By choosing to participate in BTest, you help us learn more about the world of Borderlands (what guns are the most popular and effective, what areas are being played the most, etc.) just by playing the game!

- You will be able to compare your characters to your friends and other players throughout the world through the Gearbox Labs site.

- For more information on BTest visit http://labs.gearboxsoftware.com

- Added new EULA and opt-in / opt-out menu choices for BTest functionality.

- Save games now sync with Steam Cloud for remote backup.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    Borderlands this weekend anyone?

• RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    I would like to border some lands if anyone is willing to play with a 27 siren who hasn't played in like a year who just started up again

• CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    I would be happy to play borderlands, yes.

bulbesssigfinal.jpg
    I am down for playing some Borderlands tomorrow!

More people should be down, I mean come on now

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Peen wrote:
    I didn't expect to be interested in it but I've been reading the reviews and I'll be damned if I'm not interested.

Also I wish Mordecai had a better special. The bird is cool and all but I forget about it. I'll be blasting dudes and think oh yeah, I guess I'll bird this one.

That depends on how you build Mordecai. In the beginning the bird is kind of weak. But once I tried out a Bloodwing focused build (with the Ranger mod) it was more like I forgot that I had guns. Bloodwing is the most awesome special available once you reach Bird of Prey+Predator. You just send him out, he slaughters 10 enemies (stunning them due to Aerial Impact and putting you back at full health due to Out for Blood), comes back and a few seconds later its party time again.
    Of course you need to be level 35 before that build becomes really viable (and it only comes into full power at level 40), so when starting out I can understand that Bloodwing feels a bit underwhelming. So when starting out I recommend a Gunslinger or Sniper build.

This is my level 50 build.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Peen wrote:

That depends on how you build Mordecai. In the beginning the bird is kind of weak. But once I tried out a Bloodwing focused build (with the Ranger mod) it was more like I forgot that I had guns. Bloodwing is the most awesome special available once you reach Bird of Prey+Predator. You just send him out, he slaughters 10 enemies (stunning them due to Aerial Impact and putting you back at full health due to Out for Blood), comes back and a few seconds later its party time again.
    Of course you need to be level 35 before that build becomes really viable (and it only comes into full power at level 40), so when starting out I can understand that Bloodwing feels a bit underwhelming. So when starting out I recommend a Gunslinger or Sniper build.

This is my level 50 build.

That makes a lot of sense. I was looking at the higher Bloodwing skills and figured that I'd respec over to them eventually but I've been gunslinging and sniping mostly now. The "killer" skill makes me so happy.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I got a new 360 cause the old one's CD ROM drive broke.

While queuing up all of the DLC to download, apparently I bought Robolution without remembering it.

I may have been drunk at the time.

How convenient is that?

I am in the business of saving lives.
    Pretty convenient, I'd say.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Peen wrote:
    That makes a lot of sense. I was looking at the higher Bloodwing skills and figured that I'd respec over to them eventually but I've been gunslinging and sniping mostly now. The "killer" skill makes me so happy.

The skill that makes me happy at lower mordechai levels is Gun Crazy. But then I don't really like sniper rifles, so it's all repeater pistols and revolvers when I'm playing mordechai at lower levels. Relentless and it's Killer Shot ability is another one of those crazy skills. It's like freaking Equilibrium (except no guns akimbo).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    @Yukira and myself are going to be playing some Borderlands in about an hour (assuming something doesn't take me out of the picture, at least!)

So yeah

join ussss

I would, but I guess some people are too cool for PC borderlands now

Nah I'm kidding I've been playing so much deus ex lately

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    (I'm gonna get a new video card soon, I think)

That is a cool thing! Ever figure what was going on with the drivers?

That reminds me, I had a scare with a power outage yesterday

Loud bang and some fizzling/crackling noises before it went out, was afraid I'd lost the whole computer. Which would mean no games for a long, long time.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    No idea, really. I might try uninstalling everything in Safe Mode and see how that works for me.

Okay! That was a lot of fun, I don't know what happened at the end there but I had to leave. Hopefully we will be able to play more in the future, dudes.

I apologize for being super drunk. I know I was inaccurate as shit there.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm dead again guys.

I am kind of surprised that even through being perpetually drunk, I was able to run over and save you most of the time.

God, I'm still pretty drunk. Gotta sober up more before watching a movie, else I bug my wife constantly for updates on the story.

Well I just kept shooting you while you rezzed me over and over.

Healing you with the power of bullets.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    So apparently I can't load any saves made before the latest patch.

b1ehrMM.gif
    Since you had trouble I decided to check mine. Loaded one of my old characters, seemed to work okay.

I did disable the data gathering before trying, perhaps that makes a difference?

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    my saves from aaaaaaaages ago before I had this on steam still work

I've got what's almost certainly the dumbest question about this game possible, but here goes. Guns have the first stat that's there damage, and sometimes there's a little multiplier flashing like x3 or x7 or whatever. That's always on shotguns but sometimes on other guns too; so my question is, if that's there it means the gun shoots however many rounds are the multiplier, yes? So a x3 rocket launcher shoots 3 rockets every time instead of just one? The reason that I ask is that pretty early on I got this revolver that's 37 x7 and I want to make sure I'm valuing it correctly before I just dump it. It's rad and I love it but I've got the new gun itch and I'm not sure how long I should keep it around.

rhylith wrote:
    I'm dead again guys.

Stop Skraggin' in Borderlands!

Still, it was pretty funny to come around the corner at the start of Sledge's Safe House and hearing "Oh god why?!" as that BadMutha Brute hit us with rockets.

Peen wrote:
    I've got what's almost certainly the dumbest question about this game possible, but here goes. Guns have the first stat that's there damage, and sometimes there's a little multiplier flashing like x3 or x7 or whatever. That's always on shotguns but sometimes on other guns too; so my question is, if that's there it means the gun shoots however many rounds are the multiplier, yes? So a x3 rocket launcher shoots 3 rockets every time instead of just one? The reason that I ask is that pretty early on I got this revolver that's 37 x7 and I want to make sure I'm valuing it correctly before I just dump it. It's rad and I love it but I've got the new gun itch and I'm not sure how long I should keep it around.

the multiplier is how many projectiles it shoots, yes

I think my favorite part of last night was trying to drive the car. The controls are squirrely enough when sober.

Hey guys I'm dead again.

Yukira wrote:
    rhylith wrote:
    I'm dead again guys.

Stop Skraggin' in Borderlands!

Still, it was pretty funny to come around the corner at the start of Sledge's Safe House and hearing "Oh god why?!" as that BadMutha Brute hit us with rockets.

Hahaha oh man that was by far the best part.

I rounded the corner while you guys were fighting and then immediately there were like 6 rockets in my face.

Man, near the end of it there I was having so much trouble concentrating on fighting guys

like I'd hear fighting but my brain would go "I'm gonna see what's going on over here!"