As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Conspicuous Consumerism / Christmas Cashflow Considerations

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    The shoes are ugly as fuck, but people are going to be all over this anyway.

HI TOPS 4 EVA

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Rather have these for $300

google-sneakers.jpg

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I love that they had Christopher Lloyd record a little bit for the promotion.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    those google shoes would definitely do a good job of making someone look like a freestanding asshole

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    I already have a pair of high-tops

I want those fucking glasses though
    here

Do those actually work?

Not that I would ever buy them.
    I really want to buy them.

:[

:[

I figured they did not work.

I would buy them in the future if they worked.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular

google-sneakers.jpg

Actively tracks what brand of socks you wear and if you've been drinking (based on sweat)

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular

google-sneakers.jpg

Google shoes?

or Fruit Stripe Gum shoes?

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    buying a headphone-extender so that I can play video games on the nice tv without buggin emily was the best ten dollars I've spent in recent memory

I really enjoy gaming with headphones. Speakers mean you can only listen to things with the volume up a tiny bit, lest explosions and loud sounds piss your roommates off. With headphones the only person being kept awake and driven deaf is me!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wouldn't really buy those Google shoes. They're hideous. Also, I'm not spending $300 on a pair of Nike high-tops.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    aemjic.jpg
    2d6v0u8.jpg

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular

google-sneakers.jpg

at least everyone will know that you graduated from clown school and should be treated with scorn and pity

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    $5000 for a Space Invaders couch?

space-invaders-couch.jpg

Rolo wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    buying a headphone-extender so that I can play video games on the nice tv without buggin emily was the best ten dollars I've spent in recent memory

I really enjoy gaming with headphones. Speakers mean you can only listen to things with the volume up a tiny bit, lest explosions and loud sounds piss your roommates off. With headphones the only person being kept awake and driven deaf is me!

also I don't get made fun of as much

emily liked to narrate my part of fallout conversations by saying things like BUT WHAT ABOUT CLICK CLICK CLICK

edited September 2011
    i-bmq9hnj.jpg

I really don't know who would wear these.

Brolo on
    probably the same kind of person who'd wear a dickwolf shirt

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Probably the people that wear PA shirts

I kind of like the Penny Arcade shoes but that's because I love orange. Still wouldn't buy them though.

I don't think there's ever been a Penny Arcade shirt that I didn't think was terrible

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I might wear them.

I wouldn't buy them, but if they just appeared I might wear them.

Not in public though. They just look comfy.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Is the main reason for Nike putting these out so they can look at other companies and say "we've done our part now where the hell are the hoverboards"

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    Keith wrote:
    I don't think there's ever been a Penny Arcade shirt that I didn't think was terrible

I own 2 but I didn't pay for them. I have a Twisp and Catsby shirt and a Mr. Period shirt.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:

I own 2 but I didn't pay for them. I have a Twisp and Catsby shirt and a Mr. Period shirt.

I bought my friend a fruit fucker shirt that wasn't too bad. He refuses to wear it in public, though.

35025.png

I really want to buy this 2500k. With a decent motherboard and DDR3 memory, probably looking at $400 after taxes

But I also need to buy a new video card since mine is the verge of dying. Probably $300 after taxes.

Likely gonna hold off on both until either the system stops working or the video card stops working while I save up.

• faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:

I have the zelda hearts shirt and the twist and catsby cameo one

they're both pretty unobtrusive

faits.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    I already have a pair of high-tops

I want those fucking glasses though
    here

sweet

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    work.7196915.1.fig,black,mens,fbfbfb.flynt-flossy-is-my-favorite-rapper-shirt-v3.jpg

this is the only shirt I ever wear

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I like the guitar heroism shirt

faits wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I have the zelda hearts shirt and the twist and catsby cameo one

they're both pretty unobtrusive

I have the Zelda hearts shirt too but I didn't get it from PA.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    work.7196915.1.fig,black,mens,fbfbfb.flynt-flossy-is-my-favorite-rapper-shirt-v3.jpg

this is the only shirt I ever wear

OMG yes

#KTJR

I like the guitar heroism shirt

pshero_det_medium.jpeg

I don't know if I'd ever actually wear this, although I do like it.

Keith wrote:

you'd pick up all the webcomic chicks

I mean, I just plain don't like clothes with swears (or words, really) on them

but that's just dumb

Keith wrote:

I like dumb shirts but that's just terrible.

$5000 for a Space Invaders couch?

space-invaders-couch.jpg

this looks hideously uncomfortable

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    if I were to wear tshirts on the regular, I have made my mind up that I would only wear tshirts that say 'TACOS'

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I recently bought a pair of shirts from topatoco. Which I like. Most of the PA shirts are pretty shit though. There are maybe a couple I would actually wear.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    LTM wrote:
    I'd buy replica shoes for like $60, just for the fun value.

I'd buy actual self-tying McFly shoes for far more than that, probably. I can't see myself ever paying $1k for shoes, though.

edit: Sweet patent application. Not sure if I'd want a giant ass charging dock for my shoes...should just plug directly into the wall.

LTM, docking is the future.
    :winky:

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Mori and I would like to upgrade our computer (it is so old, guys) and buy a stereo system for the TV before higher rents and babies claim all our monies.

But in the past year we've bought pretty much most of what we'd like and most of it should last a good while! I have a really nice dining set.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular

google-sneakers.jpg

Uglier than a burning foetus singing Horst Wessel Lied.

Fuck off and die.
This discussion has been closed.