As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXTrain is over: Share your pictures and stories.

123457»

• sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote:
    We need someone to pull out Zombie Flux sometime tomorrow.

I can bring that with me, getting on in Klamath Falls in about 9 hrs.

I live on a farm.
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Hey Portland anyone bringing Voodoo donuts and paper plates for the pizza?

steam_sig.png
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Did anyone happen to see a small black Lowepro camera bag with a SmugMug strap around the last car seat 30 or at the observation car? I seem to have misplaced it, along with my camera inside

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Stephen + Ruby

NEVER FORGET

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • ToxicCrayonGirlToxicCrayonGirl Registered User new member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys! I had loads of fun, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it all the way up. I'm enjoying my stay in Eugene though! (My aunt was making fun of me for passing out in the car on the way to her place, LOL) Next year though! Hopefully. Maybe.
    -KT

ToxicCrayonGirl on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    Thank you for joining us. Hope to see you next year.

SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
    You and me both :P

• BearbarossaBearbarossa Registered User regular
    I just wanted to tell those of you who gave the redhead in green the stink eye when the pizza arrived, and especially the guy who tried to close the pizza box on my hand, I paid for it. I understand how seriously we geeks take our pizza, but maybe if you had bothered to make room for new people that arrived in the lounge, or even say "Hi. Oh I see you're grabbing pizza. Are you from the forum," you could avoid scaring people like me right back into coach. Not cool.

• CirdanCirdan Registered User regular
    Anyone taking the train home? Also, is it an ok idea to walk to the train station or is it better to try to flag down a taxi?

• AcubedAcubed ArizonaRegistered User regular
    For no other reason than just to let the PAX universe know how awesome PAXTrain is, I took donations for drinks, and we stopped by a convenience store and picked up about 100 cans of soda and ice to stock a cooler full of Pepsi, Diet Coke, A&W Root Beer, A&W Cream Soda, Mtn Dew, Diet Mtn Dew, Dr Pepper, and Sunkist orange soda.

• AcubedAcubed ArizonaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Also, whoever failed to bring Cards Against Humanity on the return trip, you're committing a serious crime against PAXTrainLateNight. WE NEED OUR LATE NIGHT COMEDY FIX!

Acubed on
  • YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    Acubed wrote:
    For no other reason than just to let the PAX universe know how awesome PAXTrain is, I took donations for drinks, and we stopped by a convenience store and picked up about 100 cans of soda [...]
    Thank you so much for doing this. The drinks were lovely and refreshing.

As for the pizza, though I didn't join in on it, I'd like to apologize for the behavior of the rude people. I know a few other train-goers mentioned this happened, but said they weren't able to get close enough with the crowd to help before paying people had already been rebuffed.

I had a great time on the train again. Special thanks to everyone who brought games and shared food. Also, my boyfriend was very appreciative of all the well-considered advice from people who play-tested his strategy board game. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, and he's already started making minor changes to the rules and tracking down games people suggested he look at.

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
    The pizza happened at a bad time and pissed off non-pizza people and non-PAX people cause of the rush of people running around getting their food.

That's when the conductor got angry at PAX people who were just chilling.

• HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    I think the most disappointing thing about the train for me this year was, um, missing the train on monday morning.

:(

Had to take the Cascades home, a bit later. Thankfully, I had a new con-bought Onirim deck to play with, which fit quite nicely on the tray-table at my seat, but solitaire gaming just isn't the same.

On a side note... Yamara, who do I need to talk to in order to get a PDF of the most recent version of your boyfriend's game? That was awesome fun and I want a set of my own.

edited August 2011
    Also, I uploaded some pictures here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvRW6hF

There are some PAX Train pictures there. Let me know if you want some of them for the thread, Mike.

Arikado on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote:
    The pizza happened at a bad time and pissed off non-pizza people and non-PAX people cause of the rush of people running around getting their food.

That's when the conductor got angry at PAX people who were just chilling.

Next year I will see if a couple people are willing to wait on tables so we only have a few people moving around instead of like 50+ and/or wait a bit for people to get settled in before we pull out the pizza. If anyone else has any other ideas to get the pizza drive more organized let me know.

steam_sig.png
  • LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    Acubed wrote:
    Also, whoever failed to bring Cards Against Humanity on the return trip, you're committing a serious crime against PAXTrainLateNight. WE NEED OUR LATE NIGHT COMEDY FIX!

All we had to entertain ourselves was a couple people laughing hysterically, a softly sung lullaby, Conquest of Nerath, and HI-FIVE BRO. There may have been more, but I kept nearly falling asleep.

edited August 2011
    Maybe next year for pizza have a sign up list and make people go in order, giving preference to people who donated?
    *Edit* Do it in groups, not one at a time ^^'

ToxicCrayonGirl on
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Acubed wrote:

I thought We Didn't Playtest This At All filled the gap nicely. :)

Thanks for the awesome time, everyone!

xderwsaxganu.png
  • MobiusDoppelgangerMobiusDoppelganger Registered User regular
    Hey folks, thanks for the great times! I wish we had more room in the ops car on the way up, I discovered a number of people missed out on gaming with others due to lack of table space, we'll see what we can do about next year!

• YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    On a side note... Yamara, who do I need to talk to in order to get a PDF of the most recent version of your boyfriend's game? That was awesome fun and I want a set of my own.
    Mike is working on some hasty changes to be able to mail out an alpha extremely-draft copy to a limited number of testers. If you gave him your email, he'll contact you. If not, PM me an email. :) Right now, it'll be low res as we try to get things sussed out.

I have posted photos on Facebook, including the Train trip both ways (from Davis/Sac), Buttoneers, and the Lando Society inducting G&T.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150292078504165.353598.659889164&l=170cb8df24&type=1

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    BTW, if anybody wants to keep in touch on Facebook, my profile is http://www.facebook.com/CuvisTheConqueror. I tried to add people, but then I realized that I didn't remember a lot of people's last names, and the ones I did remember were way too common for me to find the right one.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • gidgetsgidgets Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I am still distilling through all my RAW photos, and there is someone playing Minecraft next to me, and it is destroying my sense of urgency to upload the rest of the photos. So here are just the group photos for now. (SO MANY MINECRAFT THINGS TO DO!)

Group photos on the facebook group:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=973358055558&set=oa.211791482207848&type=1&theater
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=973358125418&set=oa.211791482207848&type=1&theater
    Please tag yourself on the photos in facebook so that we may all keep in touch.

313103_973358125418_6703372_44165585_4591623_n.jpg

gidgets on
    The bestest photo.

Since I'm too lazy...put YOUR photos up. Either in the facebook group or here in the flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1796103@N22/
    gidgets wrote:
    I am still distilling through all my RAW photos, and there is someone playing Minecraft next to me, and it is destroying my sense of urgency to upload the rest of the photos. So here are just the group photos for now. (SO MANY MINECRAFT THINGS TO DO!)

BTW, if anybody wants to keep in touch on Facebook, my profile is http://www.facebook.com/CuvisTheConqueror. I tried to add people, but then I realized that I didn't remember a lot of people's last names, and the ones I did remember were way too common for me to find the right one.

Hopefully, people'll start tagging themselves/others on facebook so you can find them. Join the group if you're not, already. http://www.facebook.com/groups/174659255921071/

• Weenog42Weenog42 Registered User regular
    Another awesome trip to Hogwarts: Seattle!

I still have unclaimed shirts for:

Slicehawk (Neuroslice)
    Waxbeetle

You goofs already paid me, so send me a PM!

• carpwristcarpwrist Registered User new member
    thanks for sharing these! there are some great pics in this thread. I summed up mine in a hurried blog post yesterday:
    http://www.extelevision.com/how-carpwrist-managed-to-up-covering-pax-2011/

That puts a closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)
  • MallinMallin Registered User regular
    Acubed wrote:

Sorry we stayed with friends in Seattle till Wed, and played with 4 other PAX goers on the way home on that train.

• Jenga!Jenga! Registered User regular
    The train was amazing, really glad my crew decided to go this year. For the love of Cthulhu, if we chatted at all, send me a PM...I am *so* sad that I didn't collect a single goddamn phone number!

Bearbarossa, I am super sorry to hear that that happened. I know it was a little tricky finding space, let alone breaking into the crowd at first...and that your experience was over the pizza you paid for really stinks :( Hopefully you'll give the train a shot again next year...I know people are trying hard to organize things better.
    I also want to thank everyone for being so nice to my group, even when we went out and ordered our own pizza all sneaky like. We didn't want to deal with the hassle and you all were mega cool about giving us space without giving us any crap about it.
    THANK YOU NICE PEOPLE!

• polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Hey all, just wanted to let you know I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. =p I had a blast at my first PAX, and I feel like I could fill a book with all the awesome/interesting experiences and people that made the journey what it was. I haven't attempted to do so because I still have a hard time parsing the words beyond "OMG it was teh awesome!!!!!1!!!1".

The easiest way to keep in touch with me is probably Twitter at the moment - @PolarisDb. Feel free to PM me here, as well. I still read the forums quite a bit but I just don't find myself with a lot of time to participate in discussions at the moment. I'm working on changing that though, as I have never enjoyed the company (online or in real life) of a better group of people.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • MallinMallin Registered User regular
    As I post, I am in the middle of finshing my upload of my entire PAX experiance to picasa

• DhutchDhutch Registered User regular
    Oh, train, how awesome you are. Discovered so many fun card and/or board games, and made a number of friends. Thanks all!

-Duncan

TOUCH WIENERS!

Ravenclaw, Dumbledore's Army! CaCAW! 2011 TWDT Winners!
    TOUCH WIENERS!

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Adonus76Adonus76 RDJ's Boat HouseRegistered User regular
    Duncan!Your minion lisp shall be forever etched into my brain. I am pleased.