As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Archive - Still open for business!

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Godhand puts out what you put in.
    Put in effort you get awesome out of it.
    Put in nothing you get nothing. In fact put in nothing and it just downright hates you. And rightfully so.
    Wether that is good is entirely up to you. It doesn't try to cater to you.

Mikami is actually quoted as saying he basically made a game too much like he would want to play, rather than a game that would have mass market appeal.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Metroid is off to such an amazing start already, haha.
    Best LP decision I ever made!

Honestly I don't know why you considered cutting out the cutscenes or the dialogue in the first place. That shit has to be seen. I had seen some Youtube clips and stuff but somehow it was even worse when seeing it in the actual game. The dialogue is like a 15 year old's fanfiction, and just as terribly composed.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Adus wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    Metroid is off to such an amazing start already, haha.
    Best LP decision I ever made!

Honestly I don't know why you considered cutting out the cutscenes or the dialogue in the first place. That shit has to be seen. I had seen some Youtube clips and stuff but somehow it was even worse when seeing it in the actual game. The dialogue is like a 15 year old's fanfiction, and just as terribly composed.

Cause I thought it'd be cool to turn it into a "proper" Metroid game.
    You know,something a bit more serious.

But ok, I agree, this needs to be seen.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    Adus wrote:

Also God Hand is not a good game. How people ever got the impression that it was is still a mystery to me.

what is it like to be that wrong

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Adus, wtf is wrong with you? God Hand is....man you are so wrong Adus, dammit!

Also Rent, do you love me yet? DO YOU LOVE MEEEEEEEE!??

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Man yeah. God Hand is seriously great.

Also hey Rent can you pass me some contraband through the bars?

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I can get the two of you some rock hammers.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    When I'm able to get back to LPing, I'm going to have to find something to do with all these license plates.

At least I'm playing the Thief character in QFG...

pfft this is like your second time ever being jailed

man come back when you have more jailings then digits on your hangs, NOOB

Actually it's my first, and it's because of a misunderstanding, not because I was trying to be a silly goose

At least it gives me time to prep for my classes instead of doing LPs

you do realize that the new jailing affects nothing about your posts right, no post timer, you can still embed images, the whole shebang right

Rent wrote:
    you do realize that the new jailing affects nothing about your posts right, no post timer, you can still embed images, the whole shebang right

No, I didn't. What's the point of jailing, then?

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Shame? Just like in drug related offenses in real life.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited September 2011
    Rent wrote:

No, I didn't. What's the point of jailing, then?

there isn't one

ed- I guess you could count "hey, you're about to be banned" as a punishment, sorta

Rent on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Is there an easy way to add a "comic book" like effect to an image?

I'm thinking of LPing Tony Hawk's Underground 2 in character as Max Payne.
    thug22011091102015093.jpg

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    An easy way? Not that I know of. You'd have to go through each screenshot / frame and add the comic panes manually. I know Moriveth, from SE++, was doing comic pages to do h is "LP" of The Sims, you could maybe ask him if he had some express way of doing it. Just be nice in asking.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm sure there's a way to filter a batch of images. They won't all look great though.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    That sounds goddamn amazing Smoke Stacks.

• teg5511teg5511 Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of LPing Tony Hawk's Underground 2 in character as Max Payne.

Yes please.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So it's been more then a week since this was released and I wondered if anyone's seen this (NSFW) LP attempt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuwkzPIUMQA

Quality of the LPing aside, does anyone know if the game is indeed as hard as it looks?

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    No it's not nearly that hard, it's actually rather easy if you spent about 20 minutes with it. Hell I beat it when I was a kid with no guides or anything.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Plus, you should have posted the Retsupurae of that video, which makes it actually TOLERABLE.

M A G I K A Z A M
    heenato wrote:
    Plus, you should have posted the Retsupurae of that video, which makes it actually TOLERABLE.

this

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    It's not on Youtube due to a couple of issues. The guys behind it could only post this preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0kzWkqp2q0

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    M A G I K A Z A M
    Oh god that was horrible. Reminds me of somebody I know in real life which doesn't help, either.

Anybody mind taking a look at this and telling me if putting background music during the non-battle stuff was a good idea or a bad idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c399U5yuGxg

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    heenato wrote:

this is every bit as bad as the video they are talking about

okay maybe not quite as bad, but holy shit this whole thing is just awful in every way.

JKKaAGp.png
    heenato wrote:

okay maybe not quite as bad, but holy shit this whole thing is just awful in every way.

Pretty certain this is why I'm not a fan of VLPs. Because people have linked me far too many "isn't this hilarious" and it's a piece of suck like that is.

edited September 2011
    heenato wrote:

wow so that's what a wrong opinion looks like
    Syphyre wrote:

Pretty certain this is why I'm not a fan of VLPs. Because people have linked me far too many "isn't this hilarious" and it's a piece of suck like that is.

good to know you think the by far most popular, well known, and oldest lpers currently active today are a "piece of suck"

good job!

Rent on
    Rent wrote:
    good to know you think the by far most popular, well known, and oldest lpers currently active today are a "piece of suck"

good job!

Took me awhile to warm up to the 'beef and 'betus, they rubbed me the wrong way at first. Of course I eventually came around, they are pretty great.

The nostalgia critic video is... dense, though. There's just too much screeching going on for it to be legitimately enjoyable, even with the retsupurae going on overtop.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what gives you the impression that I care that they are the "most popular, well known, and oldest lpers currently active today"

JKKaAGp.png
    edited September 2011
    Edit: Never mind, I don't care enough to argue.

Syphyre on
    edited September 2011
    I'm not sure what gives you the impression that I care that they are the "most popular, well known, and oldest lpers currently active today"

As far as I know, slowbeef pretty much established VLPs as a genre, so he's "important" and deserves props accordingly.

Obviously you don't have to like 'em, though.

teg5511 on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Can we maybe at least all agree that the Nostalgia Critic is awful.

Because I think he is awful.

edited September 2011

You are literally saying that the person who fucking founded Let's Play sucks

you should probably back your fucking statement up is what im saying

probably should show the class all those super important, influential lps youve done

probably should tell us about your major contribution to the lp community

Rent on
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Rent wrote:

probably should show the class all those super important, influential lps youve done

These are certainly statements which wholly and irrefutably render Zombiemambo's statement of "I do not like this guy" completely void.

Garthor wrote:
    Rent wrote:

These are certainly statements which wholly and irrefutably render Zombiemambo's statement of "I do not like this guy" completely void.

"i do not like this guy" != "this guy sucks"

one is subjective and the other is objective

Pretty certain they're both subjective, as he's using the words. Pretty much the same as when I use the word "suck." When I use the word "this sucks" this is a usage referring to that I do not like it, not that it is objectively a piece of crap. The spoken language is fairly malleable, despite your leanings towards genius literary analysis.

I like Slowbeef and Diabetus as much as the next guy, but the RP of the Nostalgia Critic LP is one of their weakest videos, in my opinion. There's just not much to say. The guy screamed a lot while playing a dull SNES game. You can only make so many jokes about that, and it's a 30 minute long video.