As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome, Delicious [Phalla] Day 10: Imperial March, Village Victory!

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    on the causality list: Langly's free time.

• Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    It'll be interesting to see how high the body count is, as everyone tries out their powers.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Can't kill time, can only convert it into killing others

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Poor Langly, he had no clue what he was getting into.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    BugBoy wrote:
    where has the vote fallen
    According to "ecco, bizarre?", Zandy ate it with 7.

It also hasn't been updated since I went to sleep. Takes way too much work. But that said, it should be zand, since there were a few more votes on him, and no sudden gumpy push

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    502 bad gateway fuck this earth

• Options
    When i find a hole big enough langly, when i find a hole big enough.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    wildwood wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see how high the body count is, as everyone tries out their powers.
    With everybody having 4 hp, the body count will be low.

Everyone has 3 levels of health

• Options
    Well, jdarksun has revealed himself a special.

Good luck living for long mate.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Oh ho ho, what is this?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    This feels like a facepalm moment

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Hahahaha, oh wow, I love the night life...!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    mr jdarksun

special powers: really bad at math/keeping secrets

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Wait, is the Gumpy seer a real thing to prevent being voted out? Is the box count of 7 to 5 (Zand/Gumpy) right?
    Yup. Gumpy was about to be voted out, started saying that he was a seer. The (often Day 1'd) Zandracon subsequently took the lead.
    They were close but zand was never not in first place. Personally Im suspicious.
    For the record, that's why I wasted all that effort on the spreadsheet. This is me, calling yoy (jdarksun) out on mischaracterizing the gumpy/zand wagon

The spreadsheet was impressive, but aside from missing a few votes at most I do do vote graphs too, not really sure what it showed

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Phyphor wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Wait, is the Gumpy seer a real thing to prevent being voted out? Is the box count of 7 to 5 (Zand/Gumpy) right?
    Yup. Gumpy was about to be voted out, started saying that he was a seer. The (often Day 1'd) Zandracon subsequently took the lead.
    They were close but zand was never not in first place. Personally Im suspicious.
    For the record, that's why I wasted all that effort on the spreadsheet. This is me, calling yoy (jdarksun) out on mischaracterizing the gumpy/zand wagon

The spreadsheet was impressive, but aside from missing a few votes at most I do do vote graphs too, not really sure what it showed
    Attribution to who placed each vote, without having to do extensive cross referencing

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    If you start out at
    Well
    then 1 dmg to
    Battered
    Another dmg to
    Agony
    Another to
    Death

I believe

Egos on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    Langly wrote:
    wildwood wrote:
    Per the OP, players can take 3 levels of damage. One more, and they die. Am I reading that wrong?
    If they take 3 damage they are at 0.

To be fair 4 damage would also kill them.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    jdarksun wrote:
    Per the OP, players can take 3 levels of damage. One more, and they die. Am I reading that wrong?

seems that way, although your original post mis-stated it. you should have said 3 hp (with 0=dead), instead of four

edit=ninja'd

corvidae on
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    Langly wrote:
    wildwood wrote:
    You start at well, take one damage and you become battered, 2 is agony, and 3 is dead. At least that's how I read it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Yes. There are 3 levels of health, go below that and you die.

edit: everyone is faster than I am.
    Also, jdark didn't reveal. "Not everyone is special" means vanilla people attack or heal like the evidence mechanic from Ace Attorney.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Well, jdarksun has revealed himself a special.

Good luck living for long mate.

From the Intro
    Everyone has an ability in this game, as well as a unique identity. There is no generic villager role.

Honestly, I'd be suspicious of someone who claimed they weren't special. Or did he specifically claim to do something really important?

Man, there are a lot of reveals happening for a day 1.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Honestly, I'd be suspicious of someone who claimed they weren't special. Or did he specifically claim to do something really important?

I believe Melding just thought jdark inadvertently made a reveal with the 4hp thing.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    GUYS I HEAR THERE ARE THREE LEVELS OF HEALTH! CAN TEN PEOPLE PLEASE CONFIRM???

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Mr. Inch roared out of the palace, towards the nearest Constable Station. His pack of hunting hounds yowling and growling in a mass behind his cabriolet. He pulled up in a clatter, outside the law enforcement center’s walls. The noted hunter rushed inside, nearly tripping on a prized bloodhound.

Outside the gates of the palace, word of the invasion spread like wildfire.

“They’ve crabs! Giant crabs that they feed honest Londoners to in the night!”

“Extra Extra! Aquatic menace strikes at the heart of the Neath!”

“Buy your souvenir crab meat here, 100 percent guaranteed to be the flesh of our enemies!”

Mr. Inch and the constables didn’t bother to correct the mob. The truth was much scarier than anything they could imagine.

Of course, it didn’t take long for the frenzied crowd to fixate on a certain...element of the city.

“Face like a squid! ‘Ees basically a crab already!”

“Put ‘em all away, rip ‘em up! I’m tired of their moanin’ anyway”

In Veil Garden, the more poetically minded citizens drew together a giant “sushi” table. They found a particularly timid Rubbery Man trying to hide in an alley close by. No one noted his name, though they did comment on his flavor quite a bit. Do they even have names? Did anyone care?

No, they did not. At the end, it was apparent that he probably didn’t have any menacing intentions for the city, but they felt better all the same.

With the thrill of xenophobia running through their veins, the crowd turned instead to the dammned citizens of the Neath. “Well, they’re from Hell anyway, why did we ever let the live here?”

Demons are notoriously difficult to kill. It can be done, however. In the makeshift triage unit, The Charming Deviless was making her rounds about the injured civilians (who had mostly injured themselves in the tumult). When a knife popped out of her chest, she grimaced and turned around, more angry than injured. The dozen or so others, however, left her breathless.

An Anonymous woman peered out of the dusty windows of a cheese shop, noting the chaos. She wrote down names, plotted out motives. Yes, yes, she could see where this was all leading. When you knew everyone, it was easy to see. It was a pity, she thought, that she would never be able to tell anyone.

Even when you knew everything, sometimes you couldn’t stop the inevitable. As the garrote tightened around her throat, she whispered “Told you so”

Even though the mob had focused their efforts against an invisible aquatic threat, the areas around the docks were eerily quiet. Perhaps people thought that if they stayed away from the unterzee, the menace would just go away. One lonely and warbling Drownie, however, kept a vigilant watch over the waves.

She had drowned, some time ago. She couldn’t remember how it happened. She barely remembered that it had happened. But she was dead, she knew. Sometimes, when people drown, they forget that they actually can’t die that way, and live on in the waves, seeking to bring others to their strange way of life. Something was happening to the city, though. Something called to her, stronger than the zee.

Maybe she could go home, now.

But when the men in dark cloaks surrounded her, she realized that she wouldn’t be going anywhere.

Perished

Zandracon - A Rubbery Man, mob justice
    Corvidae - A Charming Deviless, struck with roughly a thousand knives
    The Anonymous - The Cheesemonger, assasinated
    Jdarksun - A Drownie, removed from the picture

PMs are on their way out. This will take a while

Day 2 Closes on September 19th, 3 PM EDT

Langly on
  • Options
    Egos wrote:

I believe Melding just thought jdark inadvertently made a reveal with the 4hp thing.

yeah, i meant more that he is a special with more health.

But his bad at math cover story does fit, yes.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    That... is not a lot of death.

edit - this game could take a while.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    MrTLicious wrote:

That....is a moderately suspicious off the cuff reaction immediately after a narration.

Unless they're ridiculously networked like elementalist, games with distributed villager attacks which deal HP damage tend to snowball quickly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    I didn't say this at the OP time, but can I just commend Langly on their narrations so far?

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:

I suspect if there were more kills on day one it would have just been more villagers anyway.

So if zandracon had a speech posting restriction due to being a rubbery man, that was a funny coincidence.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Atari SoulAtari Soul Registered User regular
    Yeah, top notch narration. Makes me wonder how my inevitable death is going to be described

• Options
    Spoit wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:

That....is a moderately suspicious off the cuff reaction immediately after a narration.

Unless they're ridiculously networked like elementalist, games with distributed villager attacks which deal HP damage tend to snowball quickly.

How am I supposed to know that? :-p

Also, 4 factions and 4 kills? Seems like not much.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    If I had that smiley, I would be flipping the table right now

• Options
    It's actually just 3 kills, with Zand dying to the vote. So yeah I would imagine there was at least one blocked or something of the sort.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:

How am I supposed to know that? :-p

Also, 4 factions and 4 kills? Seems like not much.

4 factions? Are you counting the village and the mafia as factions?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Yes. Are they not? I don't know what the definition of a "faction" is I guess.

edit: I was using, "a group with the same victory condition."

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Factions tend to be masoned, and tend to have the village victory goal or are neutral to it.

So a real mafia would not be a faction and the village is not organized enough to ever be considered a faction.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    Aww sorry I missed the vote guys i was working :(

Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    oooOOOoooOOOooo....

my psychic streak continues.....

OOOoooOOoooOOO

• Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Aww sorry I missed the vote guys i was working :(

Vote early, vote often.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm also betting everyone and their sister headed into the bazaar today, so damage was probably a lot less than it could have been.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)