As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starcraft 2] THIS THREAD IS OVER. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    "Oh my god that flank!"

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    To be fair, Huk was behind the whole game after the failed DT. I just don't know why it should be that way though; Terran can do a ton of harassment things without being THAT behind. It's the whole razor thin margin for error thing again.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    That game was sad to watch. Scans 2 gud

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah HuK was def behind, but he surrounded that bio ball really really well

It was just dissapointing to see this huge massive flank... and then the ball just rolls off to kill more shit

edited September 2011
    Did any Terrans lose more than one game except to another Terran or Nestea (who is the exception to everything)?

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    In Code A Byun lost to Oz and Yoda lost to Sage. That's it.

edited September 2011
    I thiiiiiiink they just mentioned NesTea was the only exception?

e: In Code S, any ways.

kedinik on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    NesTea is the only non Terran to beat a Terran so far.

edit: in code s

That'll probably change with the next set of groups, though, July and Losira should smoke Ganzi and Leenock should be able to beat at least one of the terrans in his group.

Plus then Genius will do some proxy shit and snatch a win.

815165 on
    Even worse than I thought.

That's just silly, and no Vari, I don't believe that 1.4 is enough to even it out. That's not to say it won't help, but from my speculative theorycrafting perspective, the gulf just looks enormous right now between Terran and Protoss particularly, and they definitely appear to have the edge TvZ as well.

Well, everyone knows that's just because the Terrans are the better players.

Duh.

I dunno about Leenock winning a series, he's decent but he seems to pretty dependably fall apart in early rounds these days.

Half the players haven't even played in code S yet and we're already down to three clowns. :(

And one of them is HongUn. :(

Also I don't like Genius much either.

• His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    Leenock's ZvT has looked pretty good but he's only really been playing second-tier Terrans.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't know if it's enough to even it out either. I'd like to give it a chance though. any chance at all.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Genius went on a BM spree shortly before a big losing streak back in ye olde times, but I gotta admit he's played pretty well lately.

Also, Killer has to advance in a group against Taeja, DRG and Polt. :o

We could realistically be seeing no toss left by the end of the groups.

I gotta admit the "Leagues and Ladders - Career" screen is pretty slick.

Would be cool if you could filter it by league, season, etc.

Variable wrote:
    I don't know if it's enough to even it out either. I'd like to give it a chance though. any chance at all.

Well obviously my perspective isn't to say "I DEMAND NEW PATCH TOMORROW!", I'm just trying to guess what we're going to see.

• mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    I think the biggest effect of the patch is that Terrans will have to play a lot less greedy in fear of immortal timings. We'll see if it actually pans out that way.

edited September 2011
    I take it that outranging marines is what you expect to make immortal timings more viable? Like, they're not quite good enough when forced into marine range on the old patch?

kedinik on
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:

"even it out" - I get the distinct impression that browder believes that it's only even if Terran is winning 75% of off-race matchups. The comments from him that he would be highly concerned about a period of zerg dominance are troubling. Mostly, because it seems that having Terran completely dominant the entire year post-release, and he hasn't done anything useful to change it.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Joe K wrote:
    Variable wrote:

"even it out" - I get the distinct impression that browder believes that it's only even if Terran is winning 75% of off-race matchups. The comments from him that he would be highly concerned about a period of zerg dominance are troubling. Mostly, because it seems that having Terran completely dominant the entire year post-release, and he hasn't done anything useful to change it.

yes that's probably what they want for the game

edit - also, which quote exactly?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Slowver, I think the title needs a lookin'

ed: I think I actually get to play this glorious game tonight. Bring it, ya'll!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Joe K wrote:
    Variable wrote:

At best, ~55% winrate == completely dominant.

Terran OP, but the game ain't as broke as you think

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    That quick reference league/division rank thing. Needs to show your losses for Master league, currently only showing wins.

Talking about the one that now shows up in quick match tab.

stimtokolos on
    That quick reference league/division rank thing. Needs to show your losses for Master league, currently only showing wins.

Talking about the one that now shows up in quick match tab.

It's a nice idea but bad design, so much wasted space. Hurts my eyes a bit.

edited September 2011
    I really don't like those changes to terminus by the way.
    3rd base now easier to defend so I cannot attempt to deny it? Check.
    Has more minerals and gas than before? Check.
    Rocks so I can't take a fast third? Check.

Fucking rocks man.

stimtokolos on
    I really don't like those changes to terminus by the way.
    3rd base now easier to defend so I cannot attempt to deny it? Check.
    Has more minerals and gas than before? Check.
    Rocks so I can't take a fast third? Check.

Fucking rocks man.

The Ret "hatch next to rocks until slow lings finish them off" idea has been working really well for me on TDA.

Just so many drones and minerals, so fast.

Spose if you can defend it may as well put your macro hatch there.
    Make hydras tier 1 and some kind of medium dps unit so I can use them to kill rocks. That is my secret agenda for hydra tier1.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote:
    I take it that outranging marines is what you expect to make immortal timings more viable? Like, they're not quite good enough when forced into marine range on the old patch?

no its more that its actually sort of possible to reliably have more than 2 immortals in an army and have them all actually do any shooting. in 1.3 any more than 2-3 immortals and they spazzed out against each other, let alone against the stalkers.

Spose if you can defend it may as well put your macro hatch there.
    Make hydras tier 1 and some kind of medium dps unit so I can use them to kill rocks. That is my secret agenda for hydra tier1.
    Just baneling bust the rocks, man.

Ends up Major is living / training with TSL but not joining the team.

I baneling bust CCs all the time because fuck everyone. Especially terran economy.

kedinik wrote:
    Ends up Major is living / training with TSL but not joining the team.

Thank god.

Just had a terrifying thought.

Saw a marine on the edge of a base and thought, "Must kill him, with vision they can warp hellions onto the high ground!"

kedinik wrote:
    Just had a terrifying thought.

Saw a marine on the edge of a base and thought, "Must kill him, with vision they can warp hellions onto the high ground!"

They're saving that for patch 1.5.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Wait till reapers no longer need a tech lab.

The poor, poor underused unit that so much design thought went into, they still design maps around them!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote:
    Wait till reapers no longer need a tech lab.

The poor, poor underused unit that so much design thought went into, they still design maps around them!

Didn't reapers used to be the Terran god unit, where you could use them to almost always kill zerg in the early game with harass?

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
    Reaper speed used to be T1 and roaches used to have lower range, so rallying 5-rax reaper could basically hard-counter any possible zerg response if you had good micro.

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Well, 5-rax reaper didn't really harass, per se. Harass implies economic damage. 5RR took a shit on zerg.

(they were nerfed super hard into uselessness as a result)

iG3kv1d.png