As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ICO/SOTC Collection

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Well 2 is the one everyone gushes about so I'm okay with that

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Shorty wrote:
    that's not really a collection, is it

I understand why they don't do the PS1 games for the collections (they can't really "up" them to HD; plus they sell them on the PSN)

but it's weird that it doesn't have Silent Hill 4 on it (or in Metal Gear's case, Twin Snakes)

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Yeah the MGS collection definitely should have Twin Snakes

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    plus they just remade Silent Hill 1 for Wii/PS2/PSP

also I have heard that the original silent hill isn't all that good

• Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Stale give me your PS3 your crippled ass can't even reach the power button srsly

no but really Black Friday this year I am getting a god damn PS3

• DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Doesn't this have a new Last Guardian video in the bonus features?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Man, the school in the original Silent Hill is the creepiest.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Lasbrook wrote:
    I want this so bad, I never played Ico back in the day but I loved Shadow of the Colossus.

Did I imagine it in some fever dream or is this coming out for 360 as well? I looked a couple weeks ago and couldn't find anything to back me up.

they are both published by Sony so no, it's not coming out for 360

You may have confused it with the Metal Gear and Silent Hill HD collections

Maybe or maybe I confused it for something that would be awesome.

Also, I don't care that the SH collection only includes 2 and 3, those are the only ones I want anyways.

LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2 have probably gotten more time out of me than any other game this console gen so I think the PS3 was worth it

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    want this real bad

got no dough

why is there a trophy for beating ICO in two hours

who is going to do that

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    lots of people.

man I sure showed you!

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    god dammit stop taking my money augjhkasgaskgh

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Pretty sure some Japanese dude beat the original Resident Evil using only the knife.

Think about that for a minute.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    there is an achievement for Code Veronica X HD for unlocking the rocket launcher

which requires beating the game with an S ranking

which requires beating the game under 4:30 (or 3:30, I don't remember), not dying, not saving, and not using any first aid spray

fuck

that

You can do a mostly knife-only run on RE4 can't you

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Pretty sure some Japanese dude beat the original Resident Evil using only the knife.

Think about that for a minute.

I never played RE1 what are we thinking about again?

You can do a mostly knife-only run on RE4 can't you

RE4 has much different (and better) gameplay than the previous ones. I still don't see how that's possible though.

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    These are some of those artsy fartsy sissy games that you can make your girlfriend play while a lit major jerks off all over your back

Aren't they

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I dunno about ICO but Shadow of the Colossus is a pretty rad knob.

It's pretty, and you get to kill giant monsters.

edited September 2011
    I think a lot of the zombie horde fights you can just run away from in RE4

Speed Racer on
    Knob wrote:
    These are some of those artsy fartsy sissy games that you can make your girlfriend play while a lit major jerks off all over your back

Aren't they

There's definitely an element of that!

But also they have cool art design and music and ICO has some really clever environmental puzzles and Shadow has some of the best bossfights ever

Knob wrote:

Aren't they

they're actually part 1 and 2 of a video game adaptation of Amélie

SotC has this gigantic, painstakingly designed world

With nothing to do

gg, y'all

knob you're being awful right now

stop it this instant

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You can find lizard tails!

The huge empty map is set dressing and mood-setting

It creates a bigger impact when you come across a boss

Sounds like lame rationalization for hours of not-game

Knob wrote:

nope you just suck

• SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    am i totally retarded or was this not supposed to come out for 360 at one point as well?
    i was almost sure i heard rumblings of that but now... i am saddened and unsure
    and the more i think about the dev's buttbuddy relationship with sony the less it seems to make sense at all

No, this was never going to come out on 360. It's a Sony game.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    if only it could have the awesome american boxart

Ico.jpg

That little kid sure is horny.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:

that game was more of a reimagining. same characters, different story

it was pretty great!

Keith wrote:

that game was more of a reimagining. same characters, different story

it was pretty great!

From what I saw the SH 1 remake had some good ideas but horrid execution.

Knob wrote:

nope you just suck

pretty much

• DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    SotC is my favourite PS2 game. Ico is also very good!

Super excited to play these again.

• DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Snork wrote:
    am i totally retarded or was this not supposed to come out for 360 at one point as well?

You're thinking of the MGS HD pack.