As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fringe thread for its handful of fans.

Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Social Entropy++
LPHHD.jpg

q7m6F.jpg

JISZG.jpg

These videos may contain spoilers to those who aren't caught up on the show. Watch at your own peril. I am not using amber on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M5tGgMdPNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5uIjKGB3NQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPah0sHpzM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHH1WXYZAqw&feature=player_embedded#!

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/09/fringe-season-4-scoop-executive-producers-on-what-to-expect/

Let's get our Fringe discussion on. Preferably without the crazy.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
Macro9 on

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ohhhhhh snap, this is starting already?

BLM - ACAB
    dawsonscreek16a.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I would attend Pacey-Con if it was in my neck of the woods.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I ALREADY FUCKING LOVE THIS THREAD

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Oh thank god. With Doctor Who only having two episodes left I was wondering what would fill the immense void in my life.

The answer is Apple Fritters, and I am fine by that.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I need Anna Torv back in my life yes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    nice!
    i'm wondering how quickly they're going to reverse the goings on of the finale

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Not too bad of a premiere. Not exactly exciting, but it did a nice job of setting up the new status of the world.
    The human shapeshifters are even more strange than the old ones. Walter seeing Peter and thinking he's crazy. Did anyone else see that ghost like image of Peter when they were first in the lab? I didn't see any other instances of it, but my eyes weren't on the screen the whole time.

The Observer punking out again was funny to me.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I'm really excited we're seeing more of the superior-universe Lincoln Lee. Seeing the new way of things was really strange, but I'm glad that they've appropriately changed the details of functioning with Peter's absence. I'm really excited about this season. I have a feeling it's going to slowly build steam, but explode in a fury of shit right before they go on mid-season break.

2dtr87s.png
  • CorporateGoonCorporateGoon Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    Not too bad of a premiere. Not exactly exciting, but it did a nice job of setting up the new status of the world.
    The human shapeshifters are even more strange than the old ones. Walter seeing Peter and thinking he's crazy. Did anyone else see that ghost like image of Peter when they were first in the lab? I didn't see any other instances of it, but my eyes weren't on the screen the whole time.

Yeah, that was the only one I saw, but I'd wager he popped up at least one more time.

Was that actually Anna Torv handing herself a thing near the end of the episode? It seems kinda weird to spend the money on a special effect for something so subtle.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Oh man it's Denethor, son of Ecthelion

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Man... sometimes these forums make me sigh so hard

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Macro9 wrote:

Yeah, that was the only one I saw, but I'd wager he popped up at least one more time.

Me and my roommate saw him in the lab, and he missed it but I saw him a second time, forgot what the scene was but we had recorded the episode and i was able to rewind it and show him.

We were pretty much playing "wheres Waldo, the Peter Bishop Edition" for the rest of the episode.

EDIT: I just went back to the recording real quick, and I realized the Lab incident for the ghost image was the SECOND time i saw him, and the one I had to rewind for my roommate, the FIRST time was during Olivia's exchange of information with Fauxliva during the first minute and 45 odd seconds of the episode, which is followed by the scene with the Observers.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Damnit i forgot it was last friday. I didnt see it on my tivo this weekend. BAD Tivo. BAD tivo.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Guys I am so excited for this season. So, so so so so so so sosososososo excited for the rest of this season.

It is seriously my favorite television show of all time.

2dtr87s.png
    Watched the first episode last night. I had avoided spoilers so I didnt know Lee was joining the team. I have kinda mixed feelings as I've never seen the actor before and had my hopes up for a minute that 'Shepard' from SG-1 was going to be the new regular.

Still kinda confusing until we learn more about how the timeline adjusted...why is walternate hating our walter if peter never lived in either world? So much of the last few seasons is suspect now.

But its all good. overall I have to say fringe really satisfies as a series.

• southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    I found it to be okay. I did find it annoying that season 1 Olivia = new person that points out the obvious, but that makes her look smart. Now we have new guy who points out the obvious and somehow looks smart.

--They tested for everything, but overlooked a disorder the deceased had that would appear on his medical charts??? For some reason that scene in particular I found especially annoying.

I would recommend spoiler tags, guys. I know there are really only a handful of us (heh), but err on the side of caution!

2dtr87s.png
    azith28 wrote:
    Watched the first episode last night. I had avoided spoilers so I didnt know Lee was joining the team. I have kinda mixed feelings as I've never seen the actor before and had my hopes up for a minute that 'Shepard' from SG-1 was going to be the new regular.

Still kinda confusing until we learn more about how the timeline adjusted...why is walternate hating our walter if peter never lived in either world? So much of the last few seasons is suspect now.

But its all good. overall I have to say fringe really satisfies as a series.

Lincoln Lee has been a recurring character since season 2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I missed the first ep because my TiVo didn't record it even though it was scheduled to.

And you can't watch it online until at least a week later without a Dish Network account or something. It's not even friggin' on Hulu any more. So I gotta wait to catch up.

BLM - ACAB
    southwick wrote:
    I found it to be okay. I did find it annoying that season 1 Olivia = new person that points out the obvious, but that makes her look smart. Now we have new guy who points out the obvious and somehow looks smart.

--They tested for everything, but overlooked a disorder the deceased had that would appear on his medical charts??? For some reason that scene in particular I found especially annoying.

It wasnt one specific disorder, and in some of those cases, it may have been undiagnosed issues. metal content disorders are not really restricted to one easily identifiable category i would imagine.

• CorporateGoonCorporateGoon Registered User regular
    Last week...
    Walter sees Peter.

This week...
    Walter hears Peter. Next week, I'm betting on smell.

this week's episode was really good

really really good

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh jesus christ this episode is amazing

2dtr87s.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    holy crap I just watched this week's episode and it was amazing
    the pathos of a man confronting his serial-killer double was just heartbreaking
    I do wonder what Marjorie had in that box, though...

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    that was her finding his cache of dead animals, im pretty sure. and then she loved him anyways.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    man i love this show

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    I really like the way the season has handled the changes with Peter's disappearance. Subtle changes, but you can see how it makes sense

• babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    Damn it, we changed cable providers and I lost track of Fringe for two months during the Olivia swap and I haven't yet found my way back. I'm just buying a stack of Fringe Blu Rays and locking myself away for a weekend.

hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    Please chronicle your viewing adventures during this thread.

I want to watch your absolute freakouts at some of the shit during season 3.

2dtr87s.png
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote:
    that was her finding his cache of dead animals, im pretty sure. and then she loved him anyways.
    Yeah, they showed the animal....

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    I really like the way the season has handled the changes with Peter's disappearance. Subtle changes, but you can see how it makes sense

mmmm I dunno about this. There are several glaring problems with the timeline that they have not touched yet.

Mainly, how did all this start if walter didnt kidnap alternate peter in the first place?
    Theory:
    Lets assume something else happen...like Walter lost his peter and the timeline continued up to alt peters death. Maybe walter communicated with walternate and promised him he could cure peter, but the cure failed, or walter took peter as before but the observer didnt save them both and peter died in the frozen lake.
    Lots of other questions about how previous events still have merit without having happen.

I wonder if in this timeline William Bell is still alive. While i can see that the 'we cut out a piece of walters brain' could still have happen, maybe they are still retrevable.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I finally watched the premiere. How was the original-universe Lincoln Lee introduced and used? It's been so long, I forgot.

it wasnt that long ago, it was late season 3, during one of the Olivia as William Bell episodes

the one with the bomber who was trying to get into heaven

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I vaguely remember. He was FBI then too, right?

yup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DavidStarskyDavidStarsky The fiery red Torino sped in to the street... and we spilled into action.Registered User regular
    For a second, I thought this was a Gus Fring fan thread

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote:

Mainly, how did all this start if walter didnt kidnap alternate peter in the first place?
    Theory:
    Lets assume something else happen...like Walter lost his peter and the timeline continued up to alt peters death. Maybe walter communicated with walternate and promised him he could cure peter, but the cure failed, or walter took peter as before but the observer didnt save them both and peter died in the frozen lake.
    Lots of other questions about how previous events still have merit without having happen.

It seems like to writers were listening to you @azith28
    They answered this question this week. I know there are still inconsistencies with the timeline, and things not answered yet, like how in their work the bridge was created, but I like that we are getting answers

Also totally saw the end reveal coming when Olivia was checking a sketch against faces in the beginning of this weeks episode

The 'walter nailing his own head' scene was ....pretty intense. I knew what was going to happen when she looked in that room and I honestly wasnt sure how far in the process he was going to have completed before she stopped him.