As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote:
    Kainy wrote:
    One of our tanks fucked up on heroic Alysrazor, ragequit, gquit, let his account expire today, changed the password to his vent server (which had been the one our guild was using for months), and defriended all of us on battle.net and steam.

What I'm trying to say is our tank acted like a consummate professional.

Any good tanks looking for a 10m raiding guild that got 6/7h by raiding 2 days a week?

@ToddJewell meet @Kainy. You two should talk.

As for the ragequit, we had something slightly similar happen back on Nef. DK tank screwed up, ragequit, didn't log on for a few weeks, didn't answer calls or texts from the raid leader, and generally set out raid back a good two weeks. Luckily he didn't own our vent, or have unfettered access to the guild bank. He logged on several weeks later, gave no explaination for his behavior, and refused to speak to any of our 10-man in guild chat. As our one and only guild rule is 'Don't be a dick', we officers decided the rule had been broken, and I was awarded the honor of kicking his ass. It felt great :)

He actually responded within like 120 seconds of me posting :lol: Sadly our raid schedule doesn't work for him. I was really hoping that we'd just get an instantaneous class upgrade from druid to paladin, but alas.

Thanks for pointing me at a prospect, though :)

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    How is that going to work? The Need-Before-Greed system in a 25 man? The boss routinely drops multiples of one item, do you just roll Need on all of it? And what happens if you win multiples of the same item from that? Will it lock stuff out by roll a little better than armor-type? I'll fucking strangle a motherfucker if I go in and Tank for the place and some asshole fury warrior doing 8k DPS rolls need on a Shield and wins it. And then what if you are a Fury Warrior and a Shiled drops and the Tanks don't need it, so you roll greed for offspec but every other person rolls discenchant and you see your offspec shield get discenchanted?

They are going to have to overhaul the loot system and write a Mainspec > Offspec > Discenchant looting system. Make it so you can't switch Specs 20 seconds after combat, and you can't switch specs during loot rolls. Then Tag everything in the loot table, like how MMO-Champion does, with Tank, Melee, Range DPS, Caster and Healer. And then make everything Unique.

• tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    Good god. Im convinced that the helm/shoulder token for warrior/hunter/shamans exist, at all.

In the entirety of both of these tiers I have not seen one drop, not once. This is getting old.

jAhPU.jpg
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So last night my druid went in to tank her first ZA/ZG (of course, I end up in ZA when all the loot she needs is in ZG but I digress...) and completes the dungeon with little trouble. Not a bear run though, I replaced a tank who ragequit after Nalorakk with 6 minutes left on the timer.

I open the bag (without looting) and see that I got a Mechanopeep as well as a Reins of the Blue Drake. I ship that bag off to my Paladin who now has the last mount she can possibly get from the bags and put the peep up for around 3k.

(for a bit of history, I was one of the few tanks back in WotLK randoming and trying to get Occulus for a shot at the Blue Drake, but it was never in her bag at the end).

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Everything will be Needed on by everyone, pretty much without exception. It's probably the single worst loot method they could have chosen. A loot bag for all raid members with a % chance to contain a drop from the boss makes more sense to me, but eh.

That's to say nothing of the kicking mechanics or the fact that they're placing the reins of coordination entirely within the hands of the players. Ripe for abuse indeed.

I guess we'll see how it goes, but my inner cynic's having a field day.

• ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    Yeah their raid times don't work for me -- ha!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Halfmex wrote:
    Just going straight NB4G on the loot, eh?

Don't need to be clairvoyant to predict problems there...

I'm assuming it's going to be like the Dungeon Finder NB4G, where if you can't actually use equip it or is a different armor type than yours you can't roll need unless no one else in the group can either.

Assuming tokens will work the same way. Still going to be a little messy.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Man, I can't tell if it's general malaise, disliking the instances themselves (and finally admitting it) or 4.3 on the PTR, but I've just lost ALL interest in healing zul'roics, even for the 6 or so I need every week to cap VP. It just feels like such a bore/chore. I think seeing those new 5 mans on the horizon has really killed the last of my interest. Upside, I've been herbing, questing, and pug raiding a lot more, so that's kind of hilariously effective for my character development.

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Man, I can't tell if it's general malaise, disliking the instances themselves (and finally admitting it) or 4.3 on the PTR, but I've just lost ALL interest in healing zul'roics, even for the 6 or so I need every week to cap VP. It just feels like such a bore/chore. I think seeing those new 5 mans on the horizon has really killed the last of my interest. Upside, I've been herbing, questing, and pug raiding a lot more, so that's kind of hilariously effective for my character development.

Honestly I find I need a lower-intensity period with WoW playing every so often, and am happy to take it when it comes. I play when I'm interested, and try not to force myself when I'm not.

I really hope we can find a tank quickly, as our raid was actually poised to chase server first heroic rag. That won't happen now (we would've had to get it down this Saturday), but it's just really annoying, as this is the THIRD TIME tank difficulties have reared their ugly head this expansion.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Grobian wrote:
    815165 wrote:
    I think it'll be good if the alternative to cancelling your raid for the night is to random in a healer or two and take some slightly inferior loot, but I wouldn't ever queue this thing solo.
    I think the raidfinder might bring me back to raiding, though. At the end of WotLK, I was only doing the raid weekly on multiple twinks. There were always PUG groups and the success rate was very high. I haven't raided in Cata (doing PvP on my main and stopping with Heroics/Zulroics on alts), but there's also not really a draw for me. I don't have the time for a regular group and there aren't as many PUGs as in WotLK (except FL trash for a while) and even if there are PUGs, from what I hear they are often bad.

With raidfinder I can just queue an alt for DragonSoul instead of a 5man and walk away with loot/Valor.

I agree. This is that kind of thing that might make me resub. Being able to just queue randomly for raid content whenever I feel like might be amazing.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote:
    Grobian wrote:
    815165 wrote:
    I think it'll be good if the alternative to cancelling your raid for the night is to random in a healer or two and take some slightly inferior loot, but I wouldn't ever queue this thing solo.
    I think the raidfinder might bring me back to raiding, though. At the end of WotLK, I was only doing the raid weekly on multiple twinks. There were always PUG groups and the success rate was very high. I haven't raided in Cata (doing PvP on my main and stopping with Heroics/Zulroics on alts), but there's also not really a draw for me. I don't have the time for a regular group and there aren't as many PUGs as in WotLK (except FL trash for a while) and even if there are PUGs, from what I hear they are often bad.

With raidfinder I can just queue an alt for DragonSoul instead of a 5man and walk away with loot/Valor.

I agree. This is that kind of thing that might make me resub. Being able to just queue randomly for raid content whenever I feel like might be amazing.

The raidfinder is the only reason I suspect I'll stay subbed past 4.3's 5 mans. I know it won't be nearly successful as a planned/organized pug (and of course, than any other "real" raid), but I love the idea of saying "wow, it's Wednesday night, this is a repeat, this work's done, she's asleep, I guess I have 3 hours to sit here and shoot lasers at dragons --- *clicks raid join button*). That idea makes me really happy.

edited September 2011
    Yeah, I won't mind failing endlessly at a boss fight if I get to choose to do it at my own leisure and I can leave whenever without being guilt tripped.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I really hope the raid finder works out.

When I started playing WoW, I was single, living at home, and no real responsibilities, so was quite able to lead and organise 40 man raids, but since then, I've gotten engaged, bought a house, don't have what I'd call a regular schedule in the evening.

I'm sure others are perfectly capable of organising things much better than I, but as others have said, the raid finder has the potential to be something really good for me.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
    Jephery wrote:
    Yeah, I won't mind failing endlessly at a boss fight if I get to choose to do it at my own leisure and I can leave whenever without being guilt tripped.

Definately a great thing. I have pondered just straight up telling my Friends "Ugh, instead of leading raids 3 nights a week, I'm just gonna do LFR and be happy with lesser tiered gear."

3 nights a week isn't too bad, but every so often I get a call from a friend that doesn't play wanting to do something on the nights we raid. And then the other times where scheduling conflicts forces us to Raid handicapped. But 3 nights isn't too bad, and really this tier and the next tier are totally doable in 1 night with a good group. We are even looking at doing all Heroic Modes in 3 hours here in a week or two. Although we will be putting in those 2 extra days into Heroic Rag, but if we can get that fight down then BAM only raiding 1 night a week. yeeaa.

• SammichSammich Registered User regular
    How are they handling the new instances? Are they putting the in a separate que ala ZHeroics?

Sammich wrote:
    How are they handling the new instances? Are they putting the in a separate que ala ZHeroics?

Zulroics get lumped into the Cata Launch heroics. 4.3 Heroics get their own Queue. There are no 4.3 normals. All of them reward 150 VP on completion for 7 times.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    So will people just be using the built in voice chat for raid finder groups? Or just hope somebody in the group has a vent server? I can't imagine raiding without using voip.

edited September 2011
    Probably the in-game voice will be used, but if you're lucky someone might have a vent. I hope Blizzard hasn't let those systems rust.

Jephery on
    }
    It will be tuned to the point that around 10 people need to know what they are doing. As long as the Tanks can hold aggro(lol worthy after the recent tank changes), 3 healers know how to heal and 5 DPS can push 70-80% of their potential max DPS the bosses will fall over. It may take a couple tries to get people to not die to stupid stuff and just be warm bodies, but once 80% of the group doesn't die to the first three mechancis the boss uses then it's going to be a kill.

There will be some mechanics that people are just too stupid to understand (like the chains on Jindo) and will consistently die, but I bet it will still be easier than LFD Heroic Halls of Reflection was back in January 2010.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Soo...UI question but I don't feel like dredging up the UI thread.

For anyone that uses Atlasloot: Since the update before last, I can't do the Alt-click an item into a different wish-list besides the default one. And I also can't choose the different wishlists for my characters from the wishlist menu anymore...if I click the wishlist button it just shows the current wishlist. I ahve to manually switch which is the default wishlist in the options menu to have any access to it at all.

This can't be the correct functioning but I don't see anyone else mentioning it in the Atlasloot thread on wowinterface.

So has anyone else ran into this? Is there a fix?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote:
    Probably the in-game voice will be used, but if you're lucky someone might have a vent. I hope Blizzard hasn't let those systems rust.
    I doubt this is the case because of my experiences with my friends. We played together during Wrath and used the in-game voice because we didn't want to pay for a vent server. When the dungeon finder rolled out we were miffed to discover that joining a dungeon finder group disables the in-game voice chat.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    If you can't see why they're not going to let the voice chat work cross-server you haven't pugged enough.

liEt3nH.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote:
    but I bet it will still be easier than LFD Heroic Halls of Reflection was back in January 2010.

Oh God, don't remind me. I think there was one week that I got nothing but HoR for like 5 days in a row. The minimum ilvl was WAY undertuned for that dungeon. You needed ~Ulduar gear (well, the average PUG did) and they were letting people in with blues.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • JadedJaded Registered User regular
    tehkensai wrote:
    Good god. Im convinced that the helm/shoulder token for warrior/hunter/shamans exist, at all.

In the entirety of both of these tiers I have not seen one drop, not once. This is getting old.

In other news my Shaman SÏhn scored her 4 piece healing bonus the other day when the shoulders token dropped off Domo...
    Please... don't kill me :(

I can't think of anything clever.
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Huh, so they're going forward with LFR? I'm surprised they don't kill loot rolls for LFR in favor of goodie bags after each boss with a chance at spec relevant drops, or a cumulative bag that pops in the player inventory when they leave the instance. If you'd rather be able to botch the odds in your favor, and have enough to do that, then just take those folks and do 10/25 on normal for better gear.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Evidently they realize how bad an idea standard loot rolls will be so they're "discussing other options", but they don't know if they'll make any changes before LFR goes live. Here's hoping.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    heroic alysrazor is hilariously easy now

we finally got bethtilac down and figured what the hell, let's try alysrazor out

I think we killed it within like 10 attempts

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote:
    Sammich wrote:

Zulroics get lumped into the Cata Launch heroics. 4.3 Heroics get their own Queue. There are no 4.3 normals. All of them reward 150 VP on completion for 7 times.

Oh thank god. I was worried about having the Zulroic tier being it's own separate tier in 4.3 still, that would have been a bit odd.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Which, as I think someone mentioned earlier, will be funny come 4.3 when the zulroics pop in a random queue - they'll be the Oculus/Halls of Reflection in this expansion. Zone in -> drop -> re-queue.

Halfmex wrote:
    Which, as I think someone mentioned earlier, will be funny come 4.3 when the zulroics pop in a random queue - they'll be the Oculus/Halls of Reflection in this expansion. Zone in -> drop -> re-queue.

Rightfully so in my opinion. I never did like the troll remakes. After 2 weeks of them I just said "Fuck this, I'll do normal heroics those are more interesting and fun."

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The dungeons would be a lot better if they were just spicy additions to the queue, rather than a brand-new more-efficient harder-to-chew course that you had to eat if you wanted to maximize your VP without raiding.

liEt3nH.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yeah in game voice is going to be fun with me since my voice is so deep and quiet it cannot be heard half the time

Halls of Reflection the start of it was a pain in the ass to eithier heal or tank and I ran into a lot of people farming for the sheild on normal
    I liked Occulus even after they changed it with a chance at the drake and reduced trash

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    HoR was awful, both because it was an uninteresting instance (fight annoying trash and two bosses in this round room, then fight some more trash in this straight corridor) and because it gave us "there must always be a Lich King".

reVerse on
    Yeah I think I blocked that part from my mind I just remember a lot of fights and drama over the sheild

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I'm convinced the "there must always be a Lich King" is just Gul'Dan quietly manipulating things from the background. Like the man said, he'll be back.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I liked HoR as an instance. Nice way of integrating the Lich King in there. Yeah they basically shit on the whole story though.

YL9WnCY.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Here's a cool thing they added to the tracking system: when you hover over the icon for something you're tracking, it'll add an up or down arrow next to the name in the tooltip to indicate its height compared to you.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    HoR was like pretty much every "hard" thing in five mans: it's only hard because people are dumb and god forbid there be an encounter that can't just be bruteforced.

(and it even could be bruteforced, just not by people in progression-level gear.)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The current tuning for the new dungeons feels like normal mode instead of heroic mode. It's such a joke that the few times I pugged it on the PTR people burned down the bosses without caring about their mechanics. No one cared about standing in front of the dragon at the end either, the damage his breath does is miniscule and you get the reset mechanic so it doesn't matter much.

As an aside, another tiny new feature is they added more controls to the model viewer. Now as well as roating you can zoom and pan, which affects both the dressing room and the transmogrification window.

This discussion has been closed.