As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Roses are red, violets are blue, I worship chaos, and BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

1939495969799»

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Echo wrote:
    Once I sat on the subway and heard some kids talking about "Leech of Legends".

Leech? League of Legends? How would he get "Leech" out of "League?" There's no "c" at all.

One of my friends used to call a turret a turrent. Not just whe typing, that's how he pronounced it. I guess his English teacher taught him about invisible n's.

I also saw a Warseer thread wheresponson was pronounced sponsor and sponsoon multiple times by different people.

Warhams.

Words going around the internets is the Tyranid second wave is being held back due to the Chapterhouse lawsuit. While I find it a tad strange, if it's true, fuck chapterhouse.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I just bought the newest IG codex and lo and behold, you can have Penal Legion squads... I spent all day dreaming about turning my space pirate and space thug into the beginnings of a Penal Squad, now I find I can actually make a real unit to use in the game as that. This is excellent! So, when my Space Skeleton gets here, I'll have my first "servitor." And I'm buying an arbiter to use as the Penal Custodian of my squad. And just fill it out with varioous models I've taken a fancy to.

Recreating my Nordian Berserkers will take a while. I'll have to buy some more Mordheim mercenaries, or something similar, and the autoguns I wanted to equip them with. Everything is coming along nicely.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Considering you've played IG a long time ago, what do you think of all the changes?

Hells yeah. I just finished magnetizing the living shit out of my Ravager. I snipped off that annoying arc thing that goes over the two sponsons and magnetized their bases so they can come off freely AND swivel without any issue. I also snipped the dark lances at their bases so I can swap them for Disintegrators. I'm starting to warm up to the damned things; they're a godsend for infantry swarms, especially those with armor values better than 4. Also- shooting down Marines on foot.

I'm going to rely on Trueborns-on-venoms and Scourges/Jetbikes for my anti-tank needs. Sliscus is a must for this because my Trueborns can then climb out of the Venoms they deep strike in and fire away. I just have to hope I KILL my target.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    So hastings and Harry over at Warseer have been talking up Blood Bowl getting a rerelease next year.

So that's what awesome is.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I haven't had a chance to really read it enough to understand it. And I still don't have the main rulebook, so there may be some things I won't be able to fully understand until then. I sort of like the idea of the orders. The Penal Legion Squads are neat. I'm not sure I completely understand it all yet. It looks like all my old models are... well... old. The Gryphon looks better. My old open topped model looks like a throwback. I want two more. :)

I like the Russ with the big-ass minigun on top.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    What's the story for necrons? Are they still coming out soon?

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I like the Russ with the big-ass minigun on top.

I always liked it too, I was going to once upon a time start a guard army and field one. I've faced off against one once, and when it got within range (due to him being very good at positioning and never letting me get a shot off on it that could do anything...), it tore apart a crusader squad. Like, with reckless abandon.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    saluksic wrote:
    What's the story for necrons? Are they still coming out soon?

Rumours still say November. Necron stuff has been in the process of being taken out of stock and being pulled from the GW site (the codex hasn't been available for some time, Warriors, Immortals, Wraiths and Destroyers are gone). Since they don't do army releases in December (for some stupid reason), and it's a bit premature to do it for a release next year, signs point to Necrons in a month.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    All right. I finished my friend's gift. Behold! Abbadon!
    abbadone1.jpg
    abbadone2.jpg
    abbadone3.jpg

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Nice work!

re:Tau and 6th, don't forget 8th Edition fantasy had a load of FAQs and subtle but important rules changes that meant some very poorly thought of armies (say, Dwarfs) were now much better. So it might not be as hopeless as it seems.
    Of course, most of the problems with under performing 40k armies come from their units costing too many points. Re-cost the Tau book (and the Eldar for that matter) and they'd both be able to go toe to toe with more modern books, I bet.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Hey, all... I basically got my tits stomped off by Necrons last night (laugh it up).

Now for a question: wasn't there some sort of movement rule for Necrons?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    There's no movement rule for necrons.

Don't feel bad about the loss, I've heard of a couple players owning recent big tournaments with Necrons.

Specifically running Liths, Wraiths, Nightbringer, some destroyers, and minimal troops.

What did you face?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Thread go restart!

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm a little late on the whole pronunciation debacle (or at least this iteration of it):
    In Space Marine, Titus references something about the Skitarii, and he pronounces it "Skit-tar-ee". I thought the correct way to say it was "Skit-tar-ee-EYE", like every other Latin word that ends with "ii".

What the hell Matrias. I expected better from you. You should have subtitled it better. My universe is collapsing.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote:

Don't feel bad about the loss, I've heard of a couple players owning recent big tournaments with Necrons.

Specifically running Liths, Wraiths, Nightbringer, some destroyers, and minimal troops.

What did you face?

Or trip liths, wraiths, Deceiver, Destroyer Lord, and warriors who hang back and stay out of the line of fire. It can do some mean and nasty things, like all the wraiths hanging together so that if a unit dies, any WBB returnees join one of the other remaining units. I once saw a unit of 7 wraiths joined with the Lord zooming around and tearing up all sorts of shit, especially once all three monoliths had DSed in and started blowing shit up. Necrons are a weak codex, but lists that take advantage of their few strengths, and a player who knows how to wring out every ounce of performance from his units can make for a surprisingly tough opponent.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    ObiFett wrote:

What did you face?

Or trip liths, wraiths, Deceiver, Destroyer Lord, and warriors who hang back and stay out of the line of fire. It can do some mean and nasty things, like all the wraiths hanging together so that if a unit dies, any WBB returnees join one of the other remaining units. I once saw a unit of 7 wraiths joined with the Lord zooming around and tearing up all sorts of shit, especially once all three monoliths had DSed in and started blowing shit up. Necrons are a weak codex, but lists that take advantage of their few strengths, and a player who knows how to wring out every ounce of performance from his units can make for a surprisingly tough opponent.

Shoot, my mistake, that's what I meant to write. Deceiver instead of Nightbringer and destroyer lord.

Yes, its VERY mean and scary. I've read some crazy battle reports about that army led by a good general.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote:
    Keep in mind that Kasrkin are technically also Stormtroopers. But they're just badass Cadian Stormtroopers.

And if you wanted could also use the Krieg Grenadiers as Stormtroopers as well.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote:
    ObiFett wrote:
    ...Now, my enemy's firepower is better than mine, and they are better in CC, and they are more mobile. I mean, come on.

At least you don't play Tyranids....

dude, Tyranids are better in CC than at least half the armies. Right?

CC is pretty much entirely irrelevant in 5th Edition except for a couple outliers (Deathwing and Blood Angels, mostly; a couple extremely fragile DE builds.) If you can't kill the transports, you can't assault the things inside them. Assault lists, as a general rule, do not have the tools necessary to kill the transports.

So, yes, Nids are better in CC than pretty much anyone, if you build a zerg rush kekeke army full of Hormagaunts and Gargoyles. Unfortunately those units will probably get knocked down to half of their unit size before they get into assault. When they do get there, they have to hope they can get off a multiple charge and win the assault without killing everything - if your enemies win, you get crushed by No Retreat wounds, and if they fall back or are wiped out, you get torn apart by counterfire on their turn.

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    This is the part of the thread where everyone shuffles around trying to avoid eye contact, each one knowing that someone has to make a new thread, and it could be you.

Who's got funny names?

• Options