As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    @T4CT I think you should play this

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well time to break out my old dudes. Excited. So excited

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    also, if you own Going Rogue or are a subscriber or you purchase the system with Rewards points, you can actually change your dude's alignment starting at level 20.

a hero can become a villain, and a villain can become a hero

although inbetween them are two "grey" alignments, Vigilante and Rogue, which are heroes or villains respectively that can also travel to the other alignment's city and pal around with the other side some

and they get unique missions that reflect their morality

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I remember thinking this would be fun ages and ages ago

maybe it's finally time

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Wait wait wait back the fuck up it's on Mac?

Like I don't have to use my PC

well fuck then let's do this shit @Veretas

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Then you have your Premium players, people that have either purchased the game in the past

Wait, so if I paid for this game years ago, stopped playing years ago, and want to do the F2P version now, I am considered at the Premium level?

BLM - ACAB
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Definitely going to make a Dominator.

It's cool that you can make one a hero now without having to go through the Going Rogue stuff.

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    crap I can't remember my ncsoft account name

Guys remember when the endgame consisted of shooting a giant blob for 5 hours straight.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    also, how many of you guys remember Unified?

the superhero forum RPG I failed to start years ago where you played as a superhero in a post-apocalyptic world ruled by a totalitarian regime of superheroes gone mad with power

and you can choose whether to support the regime or fight against it

remember that?

yeah well if you start a Praetorian (which you can do either with having bought Going Rogue, being a subscriber, or buying the system with Rewards points) that's basically exactly what Praetoria is

you start as neither Hero nor Villain, instead you play from levels 1-20 in Praetoria, an alternate universe where the Hamidon destroyed most of Earth and Statesman is evil and rules a totalitarian dystopia with his cadre of superpowered allies

and instead of Hero or Villain, you are a Loyalist or a member of the Resistance, and there's branching story arcs with dialogue trees and shit

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I tried to install this yesterday, and the installer gave me a runtime error.

Anybody know of a fix?

Edit: On windows 7 BTW.

simulacrum on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Then you have your Premium players, people that have either purchased the game in the past

Wait, so if I paid for this game years ago, stopped playing years ago, and want to do the F2P version now, I am considered at the Premium level?

Yes. I believe you're also considered Premium if you buy at least 400 Paragon Market points.

Owenashi wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

Yes. I believe you're also considered Premium if you buy at least 400 Paragon Market points.

Well shit, maybe I'll get on this again, then.

BLM - ACAB
    The Geek wrote:

yes

there are three tiers of membership

Free, Premium, and VIP

Free is literally for people who have never had an account ever and have never spent a dime on this game

if you have ever bought the game and paid money for a subscription, you can reactivate your old account for free and be considered Premium rather than Free

VIP is for people who choose to still pay for the monthly subscription (like me!)

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:

That is correct, sir.

T4CT wrote:
    Wait wait wait back the fuck up it's on Mac?

Like I don't have to use my PC

well fuck then let's do this shit @Veretas

I'll probably download it sometime this week after I clean up my harddrive some.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Who was it that use to tell Suplex Sam "YOU'RE A SENSATION?" Fuck that always use to amuse me.

The Praetorian content is really good, and I recommend people buy the ability to create Praetorians with Paragon Rewards points if you're not willing to pay for the subscription.

It's completely different from other content in the game. Even within the factions of the Resistance and the Loyalists there's grey shades and sub-factions and it challenges your morality and stuff. There's dialogue trees and twist endings and branching story paths where you can switch sides or work undercover and shit like that.

Plus it's a different world with different interior instance environments and so on.

More like

Pooptorian

8-)

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I reinstalled, although I probably won't have much time to play until after next week.

edited October 2011
    Why does it keep making double-posts?

Pony on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    can I make an insect themed hero

I want to do this

BugBoy wrote:
    can I make an insect themed hero

I want to do this

yes

Hell yeah you can BugBoy

BdVvFJu.jpg
    God damn it, forums.

pretty pumped about this actually heee

Hey Pony is the Hamidon still in it

BdVvFJu.jpg
    I mean power customization FINALLY

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    it's it's like you don't WANT me to get anything done

D:

Veretas wrote:
    Hell yeah you can BugBoy

oh boy

the name bugboy better not be already taken

because then I'm going to have to come up with something like mr.insecta and that's just not as alliterative

Veretas wrote:
    Hey Pony is the Hamidon still in it

Not only is the Hamidon still in the game, he's sort of a big deal in Praetoria and they added a whole new zone in Praetoria that's all about Hamidon featuring a new giant monster fight and shit.

Now I gotta remember my login name and password.

BLM - ACAB
    edited October 2011
    HAY LOOK AT ME I'M DOUBLE POSTING

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    Pony stop making me wanna download this game because oh my god I need to be productive and shit

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I had fun playing this with some of my buds a few years back, but all my dudes are on Liberty

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    so I'm downloading this and it's doing that annoying thing where it says I have to download 700 mb and I download it and then it says I have to download 200 mb so I download that and then it says I need 500 mb more and ugh

just tell me how much I need to download, please

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    well, this is horseshit
    I downloaded it, tried launching it, it won't let me log in with my account name

says that it either is inaccurate (it isnt), the password was inaccurate (it isn't) or the login servers aren't available

agh

I tried to do password recovery and answered my password recovery question and it says it says my info isn't accurate.

My password recovery question lives no doubt as to what the answer is, so I know I'm entering it correctly.

BLM - ACAB
    my password recovery question didn't work for me either but luckily I worked out what my password is

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I loved COH back in the day.

But I can't remember my password.

So I reset my password

and its not going to any of my emails.

FML