As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATTLEFIELD 3] Open Beta out now

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Beta is justified by viking robot.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    There is currently a 32 player, passworded, custom Caspian Border server online :(

Don't complain, it's passworded because they're hard at work on the game. :rotate:

It's a custom server. It's run by some dude with the leaked server files.
    His account says he played the game for FIVE MINUTES.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Tzen wrote:
    So I found out that my XFX Radeon was sold (purposefully) misleadingly as a desktop GPU when it is in fact running the Mobility M98 chipset. This of course causes all the fucked up driver problems I've been having, as supposedly neither the latest desktop or notebook drivers will work. I've determined that the 11.4s are the last ones released that work. Am I missing out on a big performance boost with the preview 11.10s?

Wow, I thought XFX was a pretty good company.

yeah me too, I've been using an XFX XXX Black Edition 850w PSU but after hearing that I took a closer look at the PSU and it turns out XFX just rebranded a toaster, now my computer makes me toast while I play facebook games.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    Tzen wrote:
    So I found out that my XFX Radeon was sold (purposefully) misleadingly as a desktop GPU when it is in fact running the Mobility M98 chipset. This of course causes all the fucked up driver problems I've been having, as supposedly neither the latest desktop or notebook drivers will work. I've determined that the 11.4s are the last ones released that work. Am I missing out on a big performance boost with the preview 11.10s?

yeah me too, I've been using an XFX XXX Black Edition 850w PSU but after hearing that I took a closer look at the PSU and it turns out XFX just rebranded a toaster, now my computer makes me toast while I play facebook games.

Looking at the name of your PSU, I thought it was a rebranded vibrator.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    yeah they really couldn't have any more 'X's in the title if they tried.

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Tzen wrote:

Its molex cables are ribbed for her pleasure.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Tzen wrote:

It's the black edition too. I wonder if next time he's going to spring for the one with realistic veins.

Klyka wrote:
    Tzen wrote:

It's the black edition too. I wonder if next time he's going to spring for the one with realistic veins.

Racist.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    phase 1 of metro seems particularly screwy this morning

normally i only fall through the craters near the MCOMs, but now i'm just tumbling merrily through the bridge and the fountain and everywhere else

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I've been playing assault pretty exclusively since the beta started (and I started early), and I still haven't unlocked the F2000.

I don't see myself doing this all again when the game launches. Just takes too damn long. And while metro is a infantry-only* map I don't manage to get a ton of heal/revives. I see this dropping dramatically on maps like Caspian where everyone is so spread out.

*Except for viking robots

DietarySupplement on
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

Racist.

Le cough

Le cough

iRevert on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So. I finally got around to playing the beta with some friends. Our consensus was...as much as wed like this game to rock, we may be crawling back to MW3.

The issues with joining a squad with friends or heck even joining the same TEAM with friends is absolutely ridiculous. Its a deal breaker. Coupled with clipping into the ground, sound bugs, connection issues (and a weird bug I get where my xbox locks up when i switch from C4 to my primary...) it just isnt a good experience.

Personally Im having a blast. But release is only a bit away and I cant see them fixing all these issues. The lack of ability to play with friends is just unacceptable. I love a lot of the things they do. Weapons definately all feel completely different. Assault rifles, Snipers, LMGs (with bipod) all have such unique roles that I dont find in MW.

But man...the bugs. And the lack of being able to be in a squad with friends is absolutely killer. :(

616610-1.png
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote:

Racist.

Le cough

Le cough

Damn those South American Mexicans. :P

EH28YFo.jpg
    iRevert wrote:

Racist.

Le cough

Le cough

Did you just link my LP video!? XD

Man,I always miss being able to play when I am at work :(
    This game is too much fun with my PA bros.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    Unlocking shit's been pretty speedy for me, and I can't say that I've preferred any of the later weapons. The 870, the PP2000 and the suppressed pistols are all unlocked quite early and most of the starting weapons for the classes are pretty baller. That said, if I were to get the game, I'd grind out many of my levels on smaller maps/Rush maps so I could get the fun toys that are useful for Conquest

but I'm not getting the game sooooooo

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Klyka wrote:
    iRevert wrote:

Racist.

Le cough

Le cough

Did you just link my LP video!? XD

Man,I always miss being able to play when I am at work :(
    This game is too much fun with my PA bros.

Yeah I figured I'd link yours rather then Hells, even though I watched it from his and pretty much lost it at that and Fleischereifachveurkäuferin (not sure on spelling just sounded it out).

I'm just going to say you/hell need to do a co-op LP of MW3 on XBL just for the non-stop glorious rage that would occur.

iRevert on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote:
    So. I finally got around to playing the beta with some friends. Our consensus was...as much as wed like this game to rock, we may be crawling back to MW3.

The issues with joining a squad with friends or heck even joining the same TEAM with friends is absolutely ridiculous. Its a deal breaker. Coupled with clipping into the ground, sound bugs, connection issues (and a weird bug I get where my xbox locks up when i switch from C4 to my primary...) it just isnt a good experience.

Personally Im having a blast. But release is only a bit away and I cant see them fixing all these issues. The lack of ability to play with friends is just unacceptable. I love a lot of the things they do. Weapons definately all feel completely different. Assault rifles, Snipers, LMGs (with bipod) all have such unique roles that I dont find in MW.

But man...the bugs. And the lack of being able to be in a squad with friends is absolutely killer. :(

beta beta beta beta beta beta beta not a demo.

but we'll miss you

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote:

BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yeah the early weapons are pretty great. The only weapon I feel I still need is the revolver, because it's all that is lacking from my shotgun and knife set

The gadgets though, man they own and are worth grinding for. Everything from the bot to the aerial drone and claymores are awesome. I imagine the mortar is pretty cool too. Can't wait to sit on a hill in Caspian Border and shell a point

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Disrupter wrote:

BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A very half assed beta to boot. The stuff they charge money for will be better.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Hahaha, the sprint bug is so hilarious

Was just on D with the Magnum and the unscoped SVD
    Sit there and wait for them to start running, then boom 1-shot

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Zzulu wrote:
    Yeah the early weapons are pretty great. The only weapon I feel I still need is the revolver, because it's all that is lacking from my shotgun and knife set

The gadgets though, man they own and are worth grinding for. Everything from the bot to the aerial drone and claymores are awesome. I imagine the mortar is pretty cool too. Can't wait to sit on a hill in Caspian Border and shell a point

Zzulu, why did you not join us in Vent yesterday?
    It was kinda sad stabbing you in the back and not hearing you scream.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited October 2011
    I didn't know you were in vent!

Also I totally stabbed you a couple of times. Wavebot counter-stabbed me though. Basically I get stabbed a lot by PA people and basically never by random people 8->

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    Zzulu wrote:
    I didn't know you were in vent

Also I totally stabbed you a couple of times. Wavebot counter-stabbed me though. Basically I get stabbed a lot on PA servers and never on pubbie servers 8->

I stabbed you once, then you stabbed me once.
    I also remember raping you in a train!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    I tried checking the battlelog for all my PA stabbings but I can't really find that info like they had in BC2. I did find the dogtag customization tool though and put a neat little shotgun on my dogtags. The tool doesn't seem quite finished however

t5qfc9.jpg
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Robotic Viking narrator sounds like a Scandinavian Bert.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Beta with release like what...3 weeks off? Ive played plenty of console betas before, and they were all just balance issue changes. Do they even have plans to fix the way parties/squads work? Will I be able to select which squad i want to join in game?

If they fix this stuff, sure, im in. The core game is awesome. But Ive played MMO betas which were more polished then this. I just cant believe they will fix ALL these issues in the time before release. I hope they do. But man, thats a lot of stuff to fix in 3 weeks.

616610-1.png
    Disrupter wrote:
    Beta with release like what...3 weeks off? Ive played plenty of console betas before, and they were all just balance issue changes. Do they even have plans to fix the way parties/squads work? Will I be able to select which squad i want to join in game?

If they fix this stuff, sure, im in. The core game is awesome. But Ive played MMO betas which were more polished then this. I just cant believe they will fix ALL these issues in the time before release. I hope they do. But man, thats a lot of stuff to fix in 3 weeks.

They said on twitter they were discussing it internally. The squad system, that is. So they are at least aware of the fact that people dislike it and it sounded like they wanted to change it. But the question is if they can get it done for release

t5qfc9.jpg
    this is an old build, and is not indicative of the game's current state of development.

seriously put that shit in the OP or something

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote:
    Do they even have plans to fix the way parties/squads work? Will I be able to select which squad i want to join in game?
    They've said that they will
    But if they actually do is another matter

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    but it's a demo

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Who was it that I raced over to revive then shot in the back while laying down suppressing fire

Because that was silly of me

steam_sig.png
  • Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote:

Welcome to PC son, our betas aren't polished demos and marketing just doesn't care anymore.

The version we're playing supposedly isn't very representative because it's very old. This beta was not carefully prepared like every preview on consoles are. Battlefield games tend to be extremely fun with friends though.

Oh, and according to what people have read/written on tweets squad management will not be in the client, but you will be able to squad up with your mates through battlelog. You can make your squad private and then have friends join with battlelog.

They don't have to fix it cause it's already fixed cause this is a NETWORK STRESS TEST BETA.
    What we are playing is month (if not older) code.
    Which sucks, but meh. If I can enjoy this as much as I am already, the full game will probably kill me from bliss overload.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Senshi wrote:
    but it's a demo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    You know what I hope they haven't fixed

the animation bugs

like the revive bug or the Jesus float

because they are the best

steam_sig.png
    i still hate the tac lights

but i'm having fun with it at least now

i'll probably pick this up for ps3, no way my laptop would run it :(

SyphonBlue wrote:
    Senshi wrote:
    but it's a demo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

159.png

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    BigDes wrote:
    You know what I hope they haven't fixed

the animation bugs

like the revive bug or the Jesus float

because they are the best

long live the nopefish

Btw, I think Goomba wanted to friend me yesterday.

I was like "....What?". DECLINED.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg