As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satan 2011: Satans sent! Let the Giftening begin

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Then I get all annoyed and am all, why are they wasting my time carding me?

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    I sent off my email. This year my recipient may get a little something extra.

easysig2.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The teeth that you had removed?

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Dearest Satan

How are you? I am fine.

I hear you'd like to buy me some gifts! That is very kind of you. I own a PS3 and a 360 and a laptop which will play video games that aren't super graphics heavy (for example it comfortably plays the first Crysis game and Fallout 3 but will not manage Battlefield 3). If you'd like to get me a US Playstation Network point card so i can buy new songs for Rockband, that would be keen!

I am a fatty and wear size XXL tshirts. I like hoodies and dickies gear. I play Ice Hockey and support the New Jersey Devils. I also like cooking and taking photos and candy. I'm into wetshaving and would love a new safety razor - they're hard to come by here. If your home town is famous for some kind of food or music or art or whatever, I'd love to experience some. If you want to make me cookies or a warm hat, I'd love that too!

I keep my wishlist pretty up to date - there's lots of DVDs on there I'd like to add to my collection if you're looking for something cheap. I'm easy to buy for, I'll like pretty much anything you want to send me!

#pipe on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    love giving gifts. excited to see who i get this year.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Aw yeah, can't wait to do the devil's work.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Pipe, your safety razors are so hard to come by they're simply not found.

Like, at all. Your link. It is gone. Where it once was now it is not. I know not where it went but there it isn't.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    Gotta go make a wishlist.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    I have two safety razors as I'm boss like that.

I need a new badger brush though, my current one was "sold" as badger, but I don't think it is.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    woo putting together an Amazon wishlist

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Ooh I should add shaving stuff to my wishlist

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Pipe, your safety razors are so hard to come by they're simply not found.

Like, at all. Your link. It is gone. Where it once was now it is not. I know not where it went but there it isn't.

I fixed it!!

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    no chance in hell I can afford to do this this year

8406wWN.png
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Is it an issue of time, money or both?

'Cause I gotta imagine that Rank Art (TM) would go over a treat.

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    BYToady wrote:

This Guy. He cool.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Technically I probably can't afford to do this, this year.

but that's what credit cards are for

and I love givin'

edit: And Dear Satan:
    my wishlist is full of random crap that i'd one day like to own when i am fabulously wealthy
    hopefully it gives you a good enough idea of my tastes and if you just use it for that i will not whine in the least.
    but other useful information might be that I am a male college student studying astrophysics
    I like to pretend I'm a photographer, I have a small collection of music on vinyl, and i like hiking and long walks on the beach.
    My steam is kadithdurim but on PC i'm pretty set, I have a PS3 and 360 and I mostly enjoy action/shooters, but also RPGs and racing sims
    And my shirt size is usually large

And if you happen to be extremely giving; I'd totally be happy with a Sig Sauer p226, just sayin

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
    Damn it Amazon, stop tempting me into buying all kinds of cheap-ass books on Kindle. I'm tryin' to build a wishlist here.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    BYToady wrote:

This Guy. He cool.

I'm mad I didn't think to include a George Foreman Grill in last year's gifts.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    Holy shit, TLB...11 pages?

I have catching up to do.

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    if I get a job I'll finally do this

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote:

my wishlist is indeed ridiculous but I genuinely want to own every movie

just wanna be surrounded by movies

7656367.jpg
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote:

TLB if I got you I would just go to Amoeba and start grabbing the craziest shit I could find
    I couldn't guarantee it would be stuff you didn't have already but I bet I would get at least one thing that would surprise even you

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    Money bin style diving? I can dig it.

yeah

also criterion collection blu rays are like crack to me

7656367.jpg
    BusterK wrote:
    DrZiplock wrote:

TLB if I got you I would just go to Amoeba and start grabbing the craziest shit I could find
    I couldn't guarantee it would be stuff you didn't have already but I bet I would get at least one thing that would surprise even you

buster k one day I am coming to LA so you can watch me go bankrupt in that store

7656367.jpg
    BusterK wrote:
    DrZiplock wrote:

buster k one day I am coming to LA so you can watch me go bankrupt in that store

Do you have a VHS player?

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    I'll send in my info this weekend

TLB I hope I get you

My gift giving prowess is sharper than the soviet sickle

Christmas will be red this year, comrades

BusterK wrote:
    BusterK wrote:
    DrZiplock wrote:

Do you have a VHS player?

fuck yeah I do

I need to get a beta player and laser disc though

I need as much access to home video as possible

7656367.jpg
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I hope whippy organises steam satans again this year, that was really good.

Matey wrote:
    I'll send in my info this weekend

TLB I hope I get you

My gift giving prowess is sharper than the soviet sickle

Christmas will be red this year, comrades

mattteeeyyyy

7656367.jpg
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    A note to anyone who's on the fence about this:

It's not about the amount you spend. Ever. As a relatively new forumer I can tell you I've seen so many appreciative people here, and the spirit of giving completely overwhelms people's individual wants. It's the best thing. And if you're not seeing the perfect gift on your Satanee's list, you can always improv! For example, my first Secret Satans, I didn't have much I could spend. Plus I got someone who was stationed in Hawaii, so I knew there'd be higher shipping. So I got a few things from my homeland (Oregon), local snacks and goods and such, then drew him a large sketch of Bowser chilling in a hammock on the beach with Bowser Jr fanning him with a palm leaf. Just because he put "Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story" on his wishlist. I hope he liked it, I haven't seen SOTAR around here since. But you don't have to use their wishlist as a rulebook; you can already see people hesitant to put any wishlist out because the like the surprise! I'm one of them! I really can't wait to see what crazy awesome things we all get one another this year.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I really want to sign up for this since it seems awesome, but I'm afraid whoever I get won't like whatever I end up getting them.

Is this a risk I am willing to take??

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    one time kusu got me a hulk punching bag

I love that hulk punching bag

7656367.jpg
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.ca/registry/wishlist/1XQOSI27D0Q0M

Steam profile (with games owned and wishlist) in sig.

Shirt Size: XL

I have a fairly extensive DVD collection, enjoy reading (working on the Song of Ice and Fire series at the moment), bought a gaming computer a few months back, play Magic: the Gathering, own a 360 (though I don't play much beyond Rock Band on it at the moment) and have a DS, but that mostly sees rare use on trips when I feel like playing Final Fantasy 4 or 6 on the go.

If you're utterly stuck for ideas, Solandra and Entriech know me best and would be the folks to speak to.

Edit: for those on the fence, I've participated in various forum Secret Santas each year for the past half decade or so, and have never had a bad experience with them. Aside from a few (heavily mocked) outliers, I've always found people to be gracious recipients, generous givers and generally solid folks all around. I usually partake in G&T, D&D, and this will be my second year with SE++, and it's always good times.

Also looking forward to the Secret Saints, assuming that fires up again this year, with or without the insanely awesome forum bidding shenanigans.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    fuckkkkkkkkkkk money is too tight this year :(

oh wellll

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    Contents of Matey's "gift":

1 double-sided dildo
    1 tub of vaseline
    1 video recorder

NSFW gifts: Encouraged

Battletag BYToady#1454
    @Neville can I suggest one thing?

For everyone who is considering entering if you are not going to be near your delivery address for a while can you say so as it can be super confusing if you send something, get delivery confirmation but not have anyone post about it.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So here is my amazon wishlist: http://amzn.com/w/VHNMMQVKH42B
    My steam wishlist is here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/g0oseyourself/wishlist

As for my likes and dislikes: I like baseball and football, my teams are the Yankees and the Giants, I have jerseys for the Giants and a mug and have cups for the Yankees, but other things that have to do with them (but not household items as I don't have my own place) are very welcome.

I also like D&D but don't get to play it very often, so while manuals and the like would be welcome (Though I have all the core books and some supplements), don't buy me dice or paper and markers or anything for physical games because it would just go to waste.

I own a PS3, a DSi XL, and game on the PC. My X-Box 360 is broked

Clothing wise, I'm a size 2XL. I have a lot of t-shirts but I am due for a good closet cleaning to get rid of some of the crap that I don't want anymore. I like shirts from shirt.woot, but I try not to go too overboard with nerd shirts. I have started wearing solid color polo shirts lately and like how that looks on me. Which is why First Party being sold out of the good colors all the time is pretty irritating.

I don't really have room for any cool doodads or figurines or such due to my living arrangements.

Don't buy me movies not on my wishlist because I'd probably be better off watching it on Netflix.

There is, however, one thing that I have been lacking: Good books to read. Whether it be real book or ebook (I have kindle for android), I haven't read anything really since Deathly Hallows. I like fantasy, and am horribly uncultured when it comes to these things, so anything you think of (seriously, open to suggestion here) is a good idea. I haven't even read any of the Lord of the Rings (although that was given to me as a gift when I was in high school). I tried reading Name of the Wind, got through most of the book, but didn't like Patrick Rothfuss's exposition on certain subjects so I sort of petered out. Never picked up a George R R Martin book. Other genres are welcome, too (I like things that are witty and funny and things that are dramatic and tense are alright, too).

Also, if you have good taste in music. I still listen to the same crap I did 7 years ago, fresh out of high school. I like 70s and 80s rock and also stuff like for instance Death Cab for Cutie.

That's all I can think of at the moment! Thanks, Satan!

EDIT:

Actually, Satan, there is one more thing that would be awesome of you.

My income is kind of sucky right now, but I plan to give my Satanee some great, great stuff. However, it does cause me a dilemma. Because, this April, there's this shindig up in Boston called PAX East that I really don't want to miss. So any help that you can provide that gets me there would be awesome. Thanks again!

UPDATES:

I just bought my PAX East 3 day badge on November 3rd.
    I bought Skyrim on November 8th.
    I added that I have an xbox 360 but its broken.

Goose! on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote:
    oh man, for reals. i loved the cookies and peppermint bark i got from dru and nevs in secret satans. both packages literally lasted about two days total

Two full days?
    @Druhim we are failures :(

nevillexmassig1.png
This discussion has been closed.