As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Vs Capcom Thread Of Believing in Mike Ross

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I want Zero / Nova / Wesker to work.

Or Zero / Vergil / Wesker.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Phoenix Wright looks fucking stupid

In a "stupid stupid" way

or in a "stupid OP" way

Just found a comp to watch the video on...Yeah, he looks a bit weird. But hey at least people got the "goofy" character they wanted.

Also...Asgard in flames looks awesome.

Also...don't be too quick to count Phoenix out. Remember how goofy people say She-Hulk looked when she was first introduced, look how she turned out.

Dragkonias on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Apparently Phoenix Wright gathers evidence during the battle that he can then throw, heal with (if it's food), or use to enter a powered up mode where the icon next to his gathered evidence changes from a magnifying glass to his attorney badge and he gains the golden aura.

Also there are already rumors that the 8 characters that had to be cut are the 7 Apprehended characters + Mega Man from the Days of Future Past stage since it breaks down to 4 Capcom and 4 Marvel characters. On one hand, it makes sense that they decide to cut the 8 returning characters and focus on the 12 new characters if you were crunched for time, but I seriously doubt that all of the returning Marvel characters were X-men (or that Ruby Heart had a chance).

Edit: Correction, apparently Wright has three different modes. The third has his objection finger as the icon and that's the one where he gets the golden aura.

Lars on
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    Judging on those vids alone, I don't really see Nova or Phoenix Wright being good at all. =\

Probably shouldn't watch any more then. A video is all that's required, right?

I've read/heard some fellas complaining that Nova didn't get a level 3. Meh. Taskmaster didn't get one and look at his competitive playstyle.

And here's the rest of the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CapcomEuro#p/u/7/5lC1auhVX5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez9O-FJYoew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xkxtfjtH8s

Phoenix Wright: First Marvel 3 character to have two themes.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I don't know man I'm excited about Phoenix...he's seems very unique. Can't wait to find out more about him.

Lars where are you finding this info out?

edit: Wow when Nova connects an attack it looks like it hits soooo hard. Awesome.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So, after watching those two gameplay vids, my hype for Nova just plummeted.

He looks really clunky in his movements.

EDIT: But on release day, I'm 99% sure he'll be the first new character I try.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
    edited October 2011
    Sivraj wrote:

He looks like he moves in a way that I like my characters to move.

Now I'm pondering him on point, Zero, Wesker.

Probably still won't work, but I'm going to try it.

That and it looks like he has a lot of ways to go THROUGH projectiles....

Bizazedo on
  • KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    I do NOT understand anyone at all thinking Nova will not be good. My pure joy for how Wright turned out was only barely overwhelmed by how great Nova looks.

Beam hyper? Awesome. Insane mobility? Awesome. Damage? Wow, awesome. Self OTG, even off of throws? Awesome. Invincibility hyper? Awesome.

Not to mention that he just looks really, really cool.

• V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    Also his beam consumes his red life bar. Increased damage?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/13/gameplay-change-notes-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

UPDATE: The official translation from Capcom Unity have been put into the story.

The Japanese Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 website was updated today with change notes for the game. Nyoro did a rough translation initially.

You can check out the entire list of changes after the jump.

Note 1: X-Factor can be activated in the air.

Note 2: The attack and speed increases for each character while in X-Factor have been adjusted. Additionally, the damage reduction minimum while in X-Factor has been decreased from 50% in MvC3 to 35% in UMvC3, and Hyper Combos performed during X-Factor will now be subject to damage scaling.

Note 3: An upward exchange during an Air Combo will take away 1 bar of your opponent's HC Gauge.

Note 4: When you launch the enemy in the air with a Special Attack, hold the button down and your character will automatically super jump to follow the launched opponent. (This can be turned on or off in the Options menu.)

Note 5: The window for Aerial Exchange Counters has been adjusted, making it easier to land one.

Note 6: If you land a Snap Back attack on an assist character, similar to the landing it on the point character, the assist will become unavailable for a short period of time.

Note 7: It will no longer be possible to block during an air dash.

Note 8: Overall meter building has been reduced to around 90% of what it was before.

Note 9: In MvC3, the amount of hit stun caused by assists was fixed, but in UMvC3 hit stun caused by assists will also be subject to hit stun deterioration during combos.

Note 10: For characters who have 8-way dashes, the speed on their down-back air dash has been slightly decreased.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I will be using Phoenix wright always non stop. Perfection.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote:
    I will be using Phoenix wright always non stop. Perfection.

phoenix-wright-objection.gif

The evidence suggests he needed a Gumshoe cameo!

But, uh, other than that personal niggle he looks awesome.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    I think I'll be ditching keep away in favor of building something around Nova. And the idea of that scares me already.

I'LL MISS YOU PROJECTILE SAFETY.

Like Thor. :|

• Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    V Faction wrote:

Welp, that kind of fucks over a lot of characters.

edited October 2011
    I do NOT understand anyone at all thinking Nova will not be good. My pure joy for how Wright turned out was only barely overwhelmed by how great Nova looks.

Kind of what I was thinking.

At first I was all "damn, no teleports" and then I was like "oh shit, he's going THROUGH projectiles"

Plus divekick, etc.

Only question is how to integrate him DHC and how obnoxious any combos are and if they involve flight modes.
    I think I'll be ditching keep away in favor of building something around Nova. And the idea of that scares me already.

I'LL MISS YOU PROJECTILE SAFETY.
    I am happy to hear this, but keep your keepaway teams as back up.

Even though I think rushdown will still be king, you never know.

Are we both going to end up with Zero/Nova?
    Welp, that kind of fucks over a lot of characters.

Maybe. I think they'll be fine.

Bizazedo on
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote:
    Sivraj wrote:

He looks like he moves in a way that I like my characters to move.

Now I'm pondering him on point, Zero, Wesker.

Probably still won't work, but I'm going to try it.

That and it looks like he has a lot of ways to go THROUGH projectiles....

You should replace Zero with Nova!

I'm totally not trying to sabotage anything, why do you ask?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
    That Beam hyper consuming red life could be killer for DHC possibilities. If it does boost damage, then that could have some funny gimmick potential. If it doesn't do anything, then it almost makes the move useless for DHC if he's your point guy. Would suck to bring him back in off a DHC and kill his red life.

I don't think so Biz. After this...

07_arthur02.jpg

I don't think I could totally give up Arthur. Especially given his new buffs as well, which are awesome. I'm sure Nova could use a nice dagger assist, anyway... I don't like the damage nerfs to Taskmaster though. Nova will probably end up replacing him on point.

• SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Bizazedo wrote:
    Kind of what I was thinking.

At first I was all "damn, no teleports" and then I was like "oh shit, he's going THROUGH projectiles"

Plus divekick, etc.

Only question is how to integrate him DHC and how obnoxious any combos are and if they involve flight modes.

Nova does have at least one flight mode combo. I noticed it while watching one of his gameplay vids. But it wasn't like Magneto's H>Dash>H>Dash etc.

It was more like Iron man's hovering in place to get 2 more hits in.

I'm curious what Iron Fist's and Nova's assists are. If Nova has a beam and Ironfist has a OTG (or at least something that extends She-hulk's Aerial Down-H), that'd be perfect for a She-hulk/IronFist/Nova team.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
    That Beam hyper consuming red life could be killer for DHC possibilities. If it does boost damage, then that could have some funny gimmick potential. If it doesn't do anything, then it almost makes the move useless for DHC if he's your point guy. Would suck to bring him back in off a DHC and kill his red life.

Yeah, I don't think I'd use him on a team focused on beams. DHC wise, his other two hypers are probably better.

I wonder how fast he lands off his Maximum Nova....hrm.

S'why I might make him point. Damage wise, he might be best to go first...depends on the team though and IF I can use him.

templewulf wrote:
    You should replace Zero with Nova!

I'm totally not trying to sabotage anything, why do you ask?

In addition to, in addition to Zero! :).
    V Faction wrote:
    Note 2: The attack and speed increases for each character while in X-Factor have been adjusted. Additionally, the damage reduction minimum while in X-Factor has been decreased from 50% in MvC3 to 35% in UMvC3, and Hyper Combos performed during X-Factor will now be subject to damage scaling.

Yay!
    V Faction wrote:
    Note 4: When you launch the enemy in the air with a Special Attack, hold the button down and your character will automatically super jump to follow the launched opponent. (This can be turned on or off in the Options menu.)
    Turning this off immediately.
    V Faction wrote:
    Note 6: If you land a Snap Back attack on an assist character, similar to the landing it on the point character, the assist will become unavailable for a short period of time.
    Eh.
    V Faction wrote:
    Glad I use Zero here. He's mostly unaffected, but we'll see how Ammy does.
    V Faction wrote:
    Note 8: Overall meter building has been reduced to around 90% of what it was before.

Needs to be 80%, but whatever.
    V Faction wrote:
    Note 9: In MvC3, the amount of hit stun caused by assists was fixed, but in UMvC3 hit stun caused by assists will also be subject to hit stun deterioration during combos.
    Nothing I've seen so far has threatened any of my current combos. Nothing except potentially this. Ruh roh, shaggy.
    V Faction wrote:
    Note 10: For characters who have 8-way dashes, the speed on their down-back air dash has been slightly decreased.
    Don't care, down-forward is the scary one.

Old Arthur in Navy armor saved him. With how awesome Doom is now, I can't see giving him up. So, Nova/Doom/Arthur sounds nice!

That's definitely more offensive then any of your prior teams, Kinder. Will probably work, too.

Y'know I was thinking about it. Maybe the red bar eating move of Nova's is how he'll get up to level 3 style damage.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    So I picked up MvC when it came out but quit playing almost immediately. I think I'm gonna give it another go with UMvC.

Did the online ever get better? Is it getting better with UMvC?

I have no idea how to play these games, but I should start practicing soon. This is out when, November right?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    SUPPOSEDLY the netcode was being redone from the ground up.

The online is extremely sensitive to how good a connection you both have. If neither person has cheap internet, it's decent.

The game moves so fast, however, you'll still feel the lag, unlike SF4 (as much, anyways).

The game is far less tolerant of people with crap connections / torrenting at the same time / etc.

We don't know anything about Ultimate's online except lobbies and spectator mode (YAY!).

I can't imagine anything is much improved, but spectating alone should make it fun at the very least. It'll also help people learn.

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    PHOENIX WRIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

GET HYPE

Seth, on his twitter feed the other day, was saying something about doing close to a million damage with Wright by himself and a few super bars.

blaze_zero on
    blaze_zero wrote:
    PHOENIX WRIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

GET HYPE

Seth, on his twitter feed the other day, was saying something about doing close to a million damage with Wright by himself and a few super bars.

Yeah, it was something like 4 bars.

To be fair, if a character couldn't do that with 4 bars, well..

The thing is, was that without x-factor?!

I think so? I dunno. It looks like he has an OTG with Maya.

I also find it hilarious that the clock keeps running down in his level 3.

Also, two themes is awesome!

Hayato being on that poster just reminds me that he isn't in the game. Sad face.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    PHOENIX WRIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

GET HYPE

BEST FUCKING UMVC3 THEME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTUSNnTGq1g

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    Yeah, Biz. The tweet said without XF.

• Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    It was just Phoenix even, because I believe the quote was something like "no assists, no xfactor, no gimmicks."

• inlemurinlemur Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote:
    blaze_zero wrote:
    PHOENIX WRIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

GET HYPE

Yeah, it was something like 4 bars.

To be fair, if a character couldn't do that with 4 bars, well..

The thing is, was that without x-factor?!

It was not only no x-factor, it was also no assist or DHC. Hard to draw many conclusions from that; it's not great damage for 4 meters period, but it's pretty good damage with those qualifiers, and implies that he can either combo from a level 1 into his level 3 or vice versa. Kind of irritating that in all the trailers when he uses his level 3, his opponent is at really low life, so we can't see the damage output. It looks like you can only use the level 3 after fulfilling certain conditions though, so it may be completely pointless.

One thing that looked really good about PW was his paper toss move. In one of the highlights, he puts his opponent into hard knockdown in the corner then dashes back and tosses paper. From the look of it, the hitbox and active frames are large enough to lock down your opponent whether they roll forward or backward.

XBL - remura
    It was just Phoenix even, because I believe the quote was something like "no assists, no xfactor, no gimmicks."

Final Destination.

• KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    You know, at first, I was pissed that they killed off Jin.

Then I remembered
    URL REMOVED

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
    I'm guessing that he can combo off of his Maya super in the corner, since he can move around before it ends.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Phoenix is reminding me of Dan, is this a completely wrong comparison?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.

Then I remembered
    mvcjin-6.gif

mvcjin-7.gif

You remembered hotlinking isn't allowed?

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I am pretty excited to play as Phoenix Wright tomorrow and this whole weekend at NYCC. :D

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    blaze_zero wrote:

Then I remembered
    mvcjin-6.gif

mvcjin-7.gif

You remembered hotlinking isn't allowed?

Fuck

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/a/mvcjin.htm

EDIT: Fuck it, navigate on your own.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS