As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Starlight House for Foster Webcomics

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    pratchett was great and considering his health i thought he came across really really well

the q&a was also surprisingly good, everyone was asking pretty fun questions and the only person who came across odd was the very last one who kinda stumbled her way through asking him if he ever hated himself

which wasn't a great ending question but he spun it into a good summary of how he grew up so hooray

look let's be honest that cosplaying witch was creepy as hell, and I'm glad he didn't drink her drink.

what

what are you talking about

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Also you saying you were going happened so fast I am sorry that I didn't pm you and try to at least get a SE++ high five in. Me and NaS were on the audience right hand side.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    We are in the Crwth timeline

Where is he with the pizza

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote:
    never accept a cup at a party
    SabreMau wrote:
    Trekkies wrote:
    Well, the Q virus was the most bizarre thing. John de Lancie, who plays Q, was-- He barely made it to the convention. He was really sick. I mean, very ill. Dizzy, questioning whether he was going to go onstage, but he was a real trouper, and he went up onstage and did his show, and, you know, he left his water glass.

And I held up the glass and I said, "Who would be interested in purchasing the Q virus?" And it was kind of a joke, but the crowd just went absolutely crazy. They went bonkers for the thing.

So, you know, I went ahead and auctioned off the glass, and it went for, I don't know, $60 or something like this. And a guy bought it, and he came up, and I said, "Look" -- It was half-full still of water -- I said, "Look, you really don't want to drink this. he's very sick. I mean, he's very, very ill."

"Oh, no, no. I want to drink it. I want to drink it."

And he just downed the whole glass right there, and he yelled out, "I've got the Q virus! I've got the Q virus!" And he planned to spread it all over the world. You know, that was his thing.

And I'm proud to be a trekkie! (but really, De Lancie is a cool guy. Frakes too. Heck, most of the TNG crew were cool nice people in real life. Half of us here have probably touched Wheaton for crying out loud. He's like our nerd king.)

• Options
    a woman with a witch hat, dressed as Nanny Ogg from the books, leapt up with a question and it was "Do you want a drink of *something unintelligible*"

and pratchett was very gracious and also immediately handed it off to his aide guy. It was just really awkward and stupid and ugh I hate nerds sometimes.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I want to shout from the rooftops "NERDS. STOP BEING WEIRD. THIS IS WHY YOU GOT BEAT UP IN SCHOOL."

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Skull Man wrote:
    Langly wrote:
    pratchett was great and considering his health i thought he came across really really well

the q&a was also surprisingly good, everyone was asking pretty fun questions and the only person who came across odd was the very last one who kinda stumbled her way through asking him if he ever hated himself

which wasn't a great ending question but he spun it into a good summary of how he grew up so hooray

look let's be honest that cosplaying witch was creepy as hell, and I'm glad he didn't drink her drink.

what

what are you talking about
    dis
    Langly wrote:
    Also you saying you were going happened so fast I am sorry that I didn't pm you and try to at least get a SE++ high five in. Me and NaS were on the audience right hand side.
    'scool, i'm just glad i spotted your post about it because i had no idea it was happening! and my friday night was much more interesting than it would have been had i not had the opportunity to go to this thing

another time perhaps

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    we were sitting right next to the kid who asked about Moist.

• Options
    rfilyaw wrote:
    I want to shout from the rooftops "NERDS. STOP BEING WEIRD. THIS IS WHY YOU GOT BEAT UP IN SCHOOL."

seriously, I know I've talked about this before but I had flashbacks to the horribly awkward offerings at pax east last year.

• Options
    Langly wrote:
    rfilyaw wrote:

seriously, I know I've talked about this before but I had flashbacks to the horribly awkward offerings at pax east last year.

That's exactly what was in my mind when I said that. It's just so awful and awkward. If I were ever to do a Q&A (pretending I live in a universe where I'd ever be popular enough for my own panel) questions would be written on cards before the panel started, and I would choose which ones to answer. No one would have to hear the weird dumb ones.

• Options
    that is exactly what neil gaiman did and it was awesome.

in fact when they just started taking questions I looked at NaS and said "What is this crap some kind of democracy? You have to take control of a Q and A with an iron fist"

and then the witch started talking

• Options
    That's gonna be my new phrase for a disaster. "And then the witch started talking"

• Options
    Langly wrote:
    a woman with a witch hat, dressed as Nanny Ogg from the books, leapt up with a question and it was "Do you want a drink of *something unintelligible*"

and pratchett was very gracious and also immediately handed it off to his aide guy. It was just really awkward and stupid and ugh I hate nerds sometimes.

they

are

the

worst

• Options
    if I ever got popular enough to do a panel I would just have a buzzer

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I've only asked a question at a Q&A once. It went over relatively well.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote:
    And I'm proud to be a trekkie! (but really, De Lancie is a cool guy. Frakes too. Heck, most of the TNG crew were cool nice people in real life. Half of us here have probably touched Wheaton for crying out loud. He's like our nerd king.)

well I didn't vote for him!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    16txI.jpg

• Options
    rfilyaw wrote:

well I didn't vote for him!

The Android of the Ops Station, his arm clad in regulation Starfleet spandex, held aloft Wesley from the holodeck river in season 1, Encounter at Farpoint, signifying by Roddenberry's co-writing credit that he was to be Gene's favored character through many episodes of Star Trek and eventually get a cameo in the tenth movie. That is why he is your king.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    this

is NOT

the GODDAMN

ANIME THREAD

pick.jpg

I know exactly where this comes from

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    have we talked about this awkwardness yet

pvp20111014.png

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    tumblr_lt35pkwpnl1qatf08o1_500.png

• Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    o_O

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Yeah I'd makeout with that dog butt

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Some cruel man ruined that perfectly good doodle

of a dog butt

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Campion wrote:
    Yeah I'd makeout with that dog butt

i

ve made a mistake

tumblr_lsdygssuB01qegvt1o1_250.gif

• Options
    camp you'd make out with me????

• Options
    RACHEL YOU ARE NOT A DOG BUTT

YOU ARE A CYBORG TITS

• Options
    nope i smell like and am dog buns
    :oops: d-do you mean that mensch

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote:
    Ubik wrote:
    never accept a cup at a party
    SabreMau wrote:
    Trekkies wrote:
    Well, the Q virus was the most bizarre thing. John de Lancie, who plays Q, was-- He barely made it to the convention. He was really sick. I mean, very ill. Dizzy, questioning whether he was going to go onstage, but he was a real trouper, and he went up onstage and did his show, and, you know, he left his water glass.

And I held up the glass and I said, "Who would be interested in purchasing the Q virus?" And it was kind of a joke, but the crowd just went absolutely crazy. They went bonkers for the thing.

So, you know, I went ahead and auctioned off the glass, and it went for, I don't know, $60 or something like this. And a guy bought it, and he came up, and I said, "Look" -- It was half-full still of water -- I said, "Look, you really don't want to drink this. he's very sick. I mean, he's very, very ill."

"Oh, no, no. I want to drink it. I want to drink it."

And he just downed the whole glass right there, and he yelled out, "I've got the Q virus! I've got the Q virus!" And he planned to spread it all over the world. You know, that was his thing.

I didn't save it, but after de lancie did a voice for MLP he made a tweet about he had been warned about the fandom before appearing on TNG and how he wished someone had warned him about bronies

• Options
    MQczF.png

• Options
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    hahahahaha

• Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    0WMt0.jpg