As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I've Covered Wars You Know

2»

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    Save point system in DR2 never bothered me. Fixed save points like so many RPGs of yore.

This looks fantastic too. Shocked it's out already, I had heard about it but never really registered a release date.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Balefuego wrote:
    how did you like Dead Space 2 raijin

Seriously fantastic. I liked it a lot more then the first one although it was never as tense...which is a good thing to me. There were a lot more JUMP AT YOU scares which I enjoy.

Some of the action sequences were amazing. Right now I'm just trying to clean up a few of the weapon based cheevos and a couple of missable story cheevos through my new game+

I might try a Zealot playthrough but I'm undecided. Hardcore can go fuck itself.

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    Ohh God Frank is so fat.

But man, when he was living the high life Frank found the gym.

easysig2.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    what did you think of

the eye poke machine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Balefuego wrote:
    what did you think of

the eye poke machine

I died one time on it. I love how when you get it right it's all gentle but if you are off by a millimeter it gouges the living shit out of your entire face.

It scared the crap out of me when I fucked up. Probably one of the more tense moments I've had in a game on my second try since I knew the consequence.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I actually havent seen the death animation if you fail it

did you see what happens if you lose at the last boss though? That is amazing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Balefuego wrote:

No I haven't. I'll have to be sure to lose on my new game+

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Haven't even started Case 1-1 but I got nine achievements.

Although some of these seem hard (Alpha and Omega) they don't seem to be that bad. Still need a coop partner for DR2 if anyone is up.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote:

Gosh this was kind of amazing

I've never liked Dead Space's fiction but damn if those games didn't look and play fantastic, and have some great set pieces

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    So far this is enjoyable.

Tempted to abandon the storyline to just rack up cash and then do a second play-through for the story.

easysig2.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Stale wrote:
    neville wrote: »
    Ok I just hate time limits in general, then.

haterbatman.jpg

I never get tired of this.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Do I never did get to play dead rising 2. Does this have the base game in it plus the frank west stuff Or just the frank west stuff

Just Franky Frank.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:
    Do I never did get to play dead rising 2. Does this have the base game in it plus the frank west stuff Or just the frank west stuff

From what I've seen, it basically IS dead rising 2. Just with Frank West.

And one new area

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    Amazon failed me. Bastards!

Artreus wrote:
    Bucketman wrote:

From what I've seen, it basically IS dead rising 2. Just with Frank West.

And one new area

Well the story is different, some of the survivors and items have been moved, there's some new combo cards, different skill moves, that kinda thing.

One of the biggest changes that I've noticed is that Frank uses items differently than Chuck. Instead of just like swinging a guitar or fireaxe, he'll do like a longer ground upswing thing for the guitar, and actually hack into dudes with the axe.

Also the sledgehammer near the first maintenance room is gone and that sucks.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote:

No I haven't. I'll have to be sure to lose on my new game+
    I just beat Dead Space 2 for the first time. And man I felt really bad the entire time I was going through the elementary school.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    One of my favorite things to do in DR2 was to do the drop kick off stairs

it just looked so painful

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Someday I'll pick back up Dead Space 2

That game is a lot of fun but man I do not care for jump scares

Honestly, the jump scares happen so often in Dead Space 2 that I found them to be not frightening at all. I was super prepared for them at all times.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote:
    the weapon durability thing also quickly became trivial in the first game once you found the right magazines

triple durability mini chainsaws erryday

Actually two books could increase the durability to 9x and three to 27x. The mini chainsaw could be triple booked and would last practically forever.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I am playing this right now and goddamn yes Frank looks like he's been through hell

lfYVHTd.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Not plot spoilers but
    16jpw04.jpg

This is how they made me want to play the first one!

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    jeez, he's really let himself go

0BnD8l3.gif
    I can't find Gambling3

My kingdom for gambling3

easysig2.jpg
    Stale wrote:
    I can't find Gambling3

My kingdom for gambling3

Apparently it's in one of the safety boxes.

also I HATE POKER I HATE POKER I HATE POKER

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    ohh fuck that bullshit, how am I supposed to rack up 50 million dollars before I play the game if I have to go in search of a key and put in work first?

#OccupyFortuneCity

easysig2.jpg
    I am really enjoying Franks quips and one-liners in this game.

Like I just rescued this female cop and he goes,"You are way nicer than the last female cop I met."

Obviously referencing Dead Rising 1 but also this means he hasn't ever once talked to a female cop in five years.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    whats with the potato salad in the washing machine?

that has to be an inside joke.

easysig2.jpg
    I have no idea.

But I mean, talk about going postal.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    you would think that by now, Frank would know to just go along with whatever the obvious psychopath is babbling about

easysig2.jpg
    Stale wrote:
    whats with the potato salad in the washing machine?

that has to be an inside joke.

Apparently it is a reference to the Zero Punctuation review of the original DR2.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I am currently the 13th best dildo collector in the world. 8-)

I would have been #2 but 2 didn't spawn for some reason and I wasted like 10 seconds because of it.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I just want gambling3

God Damnit just give me the fucking magazine game. I've collected every fucking key I can find

easysig2.jpg
    I finished all Single Player challenges with gold now. If anyone wants to do some of the coop challenges, let me know because I am down.

They all seem the same as the SP ones, so the majority just require preparation. Boomsticks + PP Magazines for the PP challenges, Super BFGs for the kill challenges, Quickstep for like everything else.

The only ones that were really hard were Stiff Back (which I actually kind of liked) and No Thanks, I'll Stand (which was awful).

sthbuf0g7b7y.png