As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: this is the end...the end of SSG dog racing

• Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    So if SBURB is effectively the reproductive cycle of the frogs known as 'Bilious Slick', I think whatever Lord English is, he's basically a parasite that has managed to hijack this cycle to reproduce himself and infect new host frogs.

Or a virus. Which would make sense considering certain themes.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Ursca wrote:
    So if SBURB is effectively the reproductive cycle of the frogs known as 'Bilious Slick', I think whatever Lord English is, he's basically a parasite that has managed to hijack this cycle to reproduce himself and infect new host frogs.

Or a virus. Which would make sense considering certain themes.

Yeah something like that would make sense

There's also the fact that the horrorterrors are being killed off. LE might have something to do with that? Going by the Squiddles, Skipper Plumbthroat's coat is similar to LE's so it makes sense.

At the same time though Doc Scratch says that LE's actions are "sanctioned by paradox space," whatever that means.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Also I finished my reread! yayyyyy

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    doc scratch is his minion and well-known liar, though

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    doc scratch is his minion and well-known liar, though

Doc Scratch never lies, except by omission

unless it's a joke, and very rarely, a prank.

Hee hee. Hoo hoo.

• Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    And his biggest prank was convincing the world that he never lies.

!

• Options
    his lies by omission a lot, though

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    his lies by omission a lot, though

Well sure.

But he blatantly stated that LE's actions are sanctioned by paradox space. Unless that's the set up to a prank then it must be true. Also his statement to rose that their conversation only contained two falsehoods would also be part of the prank.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    he could just be twisting the meaning of "sanctioned by paradox space"

• Options
    TT: This doesn't sound like an especially admirable objective. Releasing an evil man, who is presumably more powerful than you, an already omnipotent being.
    TT: Am I right?
    You are right about both. It is not admirable, and he is considerably more powerful.
    But you must decide which objective is more important.
    You may decide to attempt to destroy the sun and end my life. This will neutralize Jack, who is also much more powerful and dangerous than myself by virtue of the ring he wears in addition to drawing energy from the same sun as I. He poses a significant threat to reality.
    TT: But in the process of killing him and you, I release your master, who is just as deadly?
    He's more deadly.
    But the danger he poses is sanctioned by paradox space.
    It is a known quantity. His very existence in a universe will mean it will inevitably be torn apart.
    But there are rules to his entry, and his grim procession through paradox space is rather orderly. The present equilibrium has accounted for him, and will continue to.
    Jack however is a loose cannon. He will not stop until he destroys everything he encounters.
    Additionally, his existence is your responsibility.
    TT: Then I guess I don't have a choice.

Okay.

He doesn't actually say that paradox space is okay with Lord English

He only says that Lord English plays by the rules of paradox space

he's a bug in the system, but he's still in the system. He destroys, but he destroys discriminately. Paradox space can shoulder the burden of LE. The same isn't true for Bec Noir.

• Options
    oh yeah

• Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    tumblr_lsd9lqpl881r2pc3fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsd4jx47OF1r2pc3fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr2atqsRXI1r2pc3fo1_500.jpg

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2011
    So where the hell is this green sun?

Jack is in the kid's session, and Doc is in the troll session. We're talking two different universes and yet the same green sun is powering guardians in both (destroy it and it affects doc AND jack apparently?). Is this just one green sun powering all the guardians in all universes? I guess it is paradox space, so it would make sense.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    So where the hell is this green sun?

Jack is in the kid's session, and Doc is in the troll session. We're talking two different universes and yet the green sun is powering guardians in both. Is this just one green sun powering all the guardians in all universes? I guess it is paradox space, so it would make sense.

The green sun is hidden deep within the furthest ring, the home of the horroterrors and a place where time and space no longer follow logical rules. It simultaneously supplies the power of the first guardians across all universes.

By destroying it, Rose is not only killing the trolls' Doc Scratch, but every other instance of Doc Scratch, including ones that, from her perspective, don't exist yet. She'll be indirectly responsible for every act of destruction that Lord English has committed.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    TT: This doesn't sound like an especially admirable objective. Releasing an evil man, who is presumably more powerful than you, an already omnipotent being.
    You are right about both. It is not admirable, and he is considerably more powerful.
    You may decide to attempt to destroy the sun and end my life. This will neutralize Jack, who is also much more powerful and dangerous than myself by virtue of the ring he wears in addition to drawing energy from the same sun as I. He poses a significant threat to reality.
    TT: But in the process of killing him and you, I release your master, who is just as deadly?
    He's more deadly.
    It is a known quantity. His very existence in a universe will mean it will inevitably be torn apart.
    But there are rules to his entry, and his grim procession through paradox space is rather orderly. The present equilibrium has accounted for him, and will continue to.
    Jack however is a loose cannon. He will not stop until he destroys everything he encounters.

Okay.

he's a bug in the system, but he's still in the system. He destroys, but he destroys discriminately. Paradox space can shoulder the burden of LE. The same isn't true for Bec Noir.

One thing that should be pointed out is that the good Doctor says "the present equilibrium". That implies that there may have been a point where LE did not exist.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Okay that makes sense. Though it would imply that Rose and, by association, her session are incredibly special because it would be the catalyst that causes EVERY appearance LE has ever made.

And since he's already here, we should assume that the green sun eventually is destroyed.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Baidol wrote:
    He's more deadly.

Okay.

One thing that should be pointed out is that the good Doctor says "the present equilibrium". That implies that there may have been a point where LE did not exist.

I am pretty sure that He's going to be born in the EOA.

• Options
    To be more clear, I meant that it is implied there was once a point where LE never played any part in the game. He is currently "accounted" for by the game, which knows he's coming.

• Options
    Baidol wrote:
    To be more clear, I meant that it is implied there was once a point where LE never played any part in the game. He is currently "accounted" for by the game, which knows he's coming.

Yeah no I understood what you meant

"The Past" is sort of a nonsense concept in paradox space though, especially when you take into account the fact that LE can time travel

• Options
    Maybe there was a point where there was no game, and universes were created in some other method. Then the SBURB/SGRUB thing started and LE was a fundamental flaw of that process.

Unlikely, as that would require more background exposition, and this comic is running long enough as is, but there you go.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Baidol wrote:

"The Past" is sort of a nonsense concept in paradox space though, especially when you take into account the fact that LE can time travel

I know. I'm just pretty curious as to what it was that caused LE to be created.

No Lord English -> LE comes into existence (glitch, elevated player, whatever) -> LE always existed

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I love actual Homestuck discussions.

I have long since stopped making any sort of predictions though. I'm always wrong.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

I am somewhat ashamed to admit this makes me think of the Matrix sequels where by going "unplugged" Agent Smith can wantonly copy himself and attempt to break the system.

• Options
    I remember a loooooong time ago

before we knew about BSlick or how the universe thing worked at all

I thought the kids were gonna make a session where the players were Lord English and Bilious Slick

and both of them managed to go back in time and rig every other session, LE for the worse and Slick for the better

• Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Baidol wrote:
    Baidol wrote:

I know. I'm just pretty curious as to what it was that caused LE to be created.

No Lord English -> LE comes into existence (glitch, elevated player, whatever) -> LE always existed

the green sun explosion creating him makes a certain amount of sense

it's the sort of cyclical logic that most stuff tends to follow

Also, the things he says in the alt text of the last few Doc Scratch pages are a callback to the first things WV says to John, which suggests that he might be an exile?

I'm thinking that DD and Dave are the two biggest candidates.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    Mizuumi wrote:

at least someone noticed I posted them

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    I am constantly bothered by characters who do the "technically honest, lying by omission" trickster thing. Doc Scratch assures us that his every word is truth and that anything otherwise is only because we assumed or misinterpreted or overlooked a punctuation mark or whatever.

Maybe he just flat-out lies! Halfway through one of his smug screeds he could just say wrong things to screw with people. I mean, he claims to never lie, but look at who's word we have to go on. You can't trust that asshole, he's made of Lil' Cal DNA!

Also I am deeply mistrustful of:
    1) gentlemen who are made of plush felt
    2) people who have sports equipment for a head
    3) dudes who lock up schoolgirls, be they alien, asian, or otherwise

I don't really know where I'm going with this.

• Options
    edited October 2011

02500.gif
    Why would they even DESIGN a button like that if it doesn't print the right advancement characters???
    Why, indeed? No, seriously.

Luckily you had a couple lives to spare.
    02504_1.gif
    02504_2.gif
    Most other players only get one extra.

But you're kind of a special case.
    This page fueled some speculation. Let's review:
    1) Aradia doesn't have a dreamself. We figured at the time it had to do with her being a ghost. But provided I understand the mechanisms correctly, it was also because her dreamself was asleep on her quest bed in the middle of Derse.
    2) Vriska and Tavros's dreamselves are uncrippled, but dream Terezi is blind. (In addition, we also knew from earlier Dave's dreamself wears sunglasses.) I think this mostly sealed what we thought - sort of like being in the Matrix, your dreamself is a mental self-image. Just instead of wearing trenchcoats and sunglasses (which was really awesome when I was 14 back in 1999) you get purple/gold pajamas. As someone who wears glasses and contacts, I can offer a simple real life analogy: when I think of myself, glasses aren't usually part of the package.

02510.gif
    Poor Clubs. He was just trying to be friendly!

02521_2.gif
    The Thief is proving useless. Completely unresponsive to commands.

You'll need to rely on someone else. Someone less stubborn.

Someone craftier.
    I still can't believe a lot of us collectively forgot about the synapse clouds on the LAND OF THOUGHT AND FLOW when it was referenced later.

02531_1.gif
    I still remember seeing this page for the first time. "Hey," I said to myself, "there's something odd about the name of this land... hey, wait a minute... oh Hussie you son of a bitch."

02537.gif
    POUNCEGREET!

> Equius: Read first memo.
    All, right. The first memo, at least from our perspective. Let's do this.

PCG: IT COULD GET PRETTY TEMPORALLY CONFUSING OBVIOUSLY. I'M GOING TO TRY TO KEEP THE MEMOS AS SIMPLE AND LINEAR AS POSSIBLE.
    Whoops.

PTA: nooooooo, not the ban, it buuuuuuurn2, oh god hahahaha.
    PTA: waiit.
    PTA: oh god.
    PTA: iit doe2 burn.
    PTA: 2omethiing'2 wrong, iim 2eriiou2!
    Wow, this gets kind of macabre.

CCT: D --> Do you realize that here in the future, this bulletin has come to be regarded as something of a joke
    CCT: D --> A lengthy piece of comedy, often quoted amongst ourselves in private moments of levity
    Also, kind of meta.

02545.gif
    Indeed.

CCG: THIS IS AN ORDER FROM YOUR LEADER.
    FAG: Hahahahahahahaha.
    CCG
    banned FAG from responding to memo.
    CCG: LATER, FAG.
    CCG: TOO BAD THE ACRONYM WASN'T "HAG" INSTEAD, IT WOULD HAVE SUITED YOU MUCH BETTER.
    CCG: INSTEAD OF THAT NONSENSE WORD
    CCG: MAYBE ITS ASSOCIATION WITH YOU WILL COLLOQUIALLY CAUSE IT TO TAKE ON A NEGATIVE CONNOTATION, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
    CCG: MAYBE FAG WILL BE "THE NEW BURN!" EVEN THOUGH IT REALLY MEANS NOTHING IN OUR LANGUAGE.
    CCG: I DON'T KNOW, THIS IS STUPID, FORGET IT
    Too easy, Karkat, too easy.

PAT: uH, yEAH, aNYWAY,
    PAT: sHE TRIED TO KISS ME,
    PAT: wELL, sHE DIDN'T TRY, sHE ACTUALLY DID,
    PAT: aND THEN, kIND OF DROPPED ME,
    PAT: aND ALSO WE ARE WEARING COSTUMES,
    PAT: wOW, i'M NOT EXPLAINING THIS WELL,

CCG: THIS IS SO FUCKED UP, WHAT HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOURSELF INTO.
    Karkat speaks for all of us here.

PAT: uH,
    PAT: wHAT,

PAG: Exactly! I aaaaaaaam smarter than you. You see? You're learning!
    CCG: FUCK, ENOUGH ALREADY.
    CCG: THERE, GREAT, ANOTHER HAPPY COUPLE
    CCG: IN WHATEVER HIDEOUS QUADRANT THIS BATSHIT PAIRING WILL SUSTAIN.
    CCG: NOW OFF YOU GO.
    Karkat seems to have a lot of trouble figuring out Vriska's relationships. Remember, he already spent nearly a whole chat earlier talking about her black/redrom prospects.

02549.gif
    You cannot do it. You cannot kiss the girl.
    Hearts Boxcars: a big softie at... heart?

02554.gif
    To bring every circle closed, her partner and rival would have to be guided in tandem. The Thief and the Seer were to serve as twin lashes of the scourge cracked by a quasiroyal against her own former kingdom to settle a score. To make him pay. Scourge's black inches would rip red miles through Derse, and the bright rivers gushing from its wounds would wash her mutineers down the drains of exile. In time they would have to answer for their treason.

Patience would be necessary. But then, she'd recently come into all the time in the universe.
    I think it's important to note Terezi getting to the Queen's ring first prevented a scenario similar to what the kids face. Also helped Slick apparently gets exiled in the process instead of having a chance to also kill the Black King.

02564.gif
    It was confirmed this is the Land of Rays and Frogs, right?

FCG: NO ONE'S GOING TO READ THROUGH ALL THIS, ALL THE VALUABLE INFORMATION IS JUST GETTING LOST IN THE YELLING.
    FCG: YOU STUPID STUPID IDIOT.
    FCG: OH FUCK YOU, WHY'D YOU EVEN START ANOTHER MEMO THEN??
    FCG: I GUESS
    FCG: THERE ARE A COUPLE THINGS I WANT TO GET OFF MY CHEST, OK?
    FCG: OH GOD, NOW I'M ARGUING WITH CURRENT ME.
    Well, most of us can at least keep these internal debates... internal.

CGA: It Seems Like A Logical Way To Engineer A System Wherein One Simultaneously Functions As The Reader And Author Of The Transcripts
    CGA: Its Temporally Sound Construction

FCG: THEN YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SO.
    FCG: HELL YOU PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER MAID OF TIME THAN THE ONE WE WERE STUCK WITH.
    FCG: SHE'S COMPLETELY SHITHIVE MAGGOTS, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED.
    Give her another chance! I'm pretty sure Aradia is going to have a large part to play in our near future. And as Kanaya says:
    CGA: I Think We Are Given Roles To Challenge Us
    CGA: That Dont Necessarily Suit Our Strengths

CGA: But Im Rapidly Approaching A Resolution To Discard The Preposterous Infatuation
    FCG: SHE? WELL I GUESS THAT NARROWS IT DOWN SOMEWHAT.
    CGA: Shit
    FCG: IF I THINK BACK ON EVENTS KNOWING THIS I COULD PROBABLY PIECE IT TOGETHER...
    Good on you, Kanaya!

CGA: And What Of Scarlet Ambitions
    CGA: Fare Any Better In That Quadrant

FCG: NO NO NO I'M NOT AIRING THAT SHIT OUT HERE.
    FCG: MAYBE PRIVATELY.
    FCG: IT'S PRIVATE.
    FCG: LET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT, WHAT WERE YOU ORIGINALLY GOING TO ASK ME.
    Ahahaha, very smooth, Karkat.

FCG: WHAT ADDITIONAL ADVANTAGE COULD MAGIC OFFER? ALL THIS SHIT IS PRACTICALLY MAGIC ANYWAY.
    FCG: BUT MORE LIKE
    FCG: GOOFY SCIENCEY MAGIC. YOU KNOW?

CGA: Sure
    Any sufficiently advanced technology etc. etc.

FCG: YEAH, REALLY THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.
    FCG: AT LEAST AS FAR AS THE DETAILS OF THE ADVENTURE GO.
    FCG: WE WERE ALL PRETTY AWESOME AT THIS GAME.
    FCG: REALLY AWESOME IN FACT.
    A little too awesome, if anything.

CGA: Say Hi To Me For Myself
    FCG: OK I PROBABLY WON'T DO THAT, BUT ALRIGHT HA HA.
    FCG: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE ANYWAY?
    CGA: You Mean Future Me
    FCG: YEAH.
    FCG: YOU'RE MESSING AROUND WITH YOUR CHAINSAW.
    FCG: WHILE TAVROS IS SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR.
    FCG: OH GOD.
    FCG: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING???????
    CGA: What
    CGA: What Did I Do

FUTURE carcinoGeneticist 2 [FCG2]
    600 HOURS FROM NOW responded to memo.
    FCG2: OK.
    FCG2: EVERYTHING'S FINE I GUESS.
    CGA: What Happened
    FCG2: I PASSED OUT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR.
    FCG2: FUCKING EMBARRASSING.
    FCG2: YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN MIND, YOU KNOW.
    CGA: Shithive Maggots You Mean
    FCG2: YEAH
    FCG2: IN A GOOD WAY THOUGH.
    FCG2: OK I'M SHUTTING THIS MEMO DOWN FOR MY PAST SELF.
    FCG2: SINCE HE'S CURRENTLY LYING UNCONSCIOUS ON THE FLOOR AN HOUR AGO.
    FCG2: SEE YOU IN THE FUTURE-NOW.

CGA: Til Then
    I'm sorry, the idea of Karkat passing out at the site of a little chainsaw surgery is just too funny.

02567.gif
    I think this is the first time we see... the Scratch.

All right kids, it's time for the adorablest chatlog in Homestuck. I will try to sum things up best I can.

GC: TH3 WHOL3 PO1NT 1S TO D3STROY TH3 R1NG SO J4CK DO3SNT G3T 1T
    CG: WHY WOULD WE WANT TO DO THAT, JACK'S AN ALLY.
    GC: 4LSO
    GC: TH3 M1SS1ON SORT OF 1NVOLV3S 3X1L1NG J4CK TOO
    Well, answers that question.

CG: THE BOTTOM LINE IS I AM NOT GOING TO EXILE JACK BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN SMELL MALICE OFF AN INTERPRETIVE DANCE.
    GC: K4RK4T, H3S 4 J3RK!
    GC: H3 H4S ST4BB3D YOU ON MOR3 TH4N ON3 OCC4S1ON!
    CG: SOME OF THOSE STABBINGS WERE ACCIDENTAL!
    GC: >8|
    Only some of them were on purpose, that makes it okay!

GC: TH4T 1S B3TT3R
    GC: 1TS MUCH 34S13R TO R34D YOUR COLOR TH1S W4Y
    GC: YOUR DR4B D1RTY P4V3M3NT GR4Y
    GC: ON TOP OF BR1GHT C4NDY R3D, L1K3 4 SH1NY LOLL1POP
    GC: DO3S TH4T SOUND F4M1L14R K4RK4T??

CG: YES, I'M EXTREMELY FAMILIAR WITH THIS SORT OF NONSENSE BY NOW, SURE.
    And cue my uncontrollable laughter, which will last most of the rest of this pesterlog.

GC: 1T W4S WH3N 1 GOT CLOS3 3NOUGH
    GC: TO SM3LL 1T UND3R YOUR SK1N
    GC: PL34S3 K4RK4T, DO NOT PR3T3ND TH4T YOU FORGOT 4BOUT OUR L1TTL3 MOM3NT

CG: WHOA
    CG: YOU MEAN
    CG: DURING
    CG: FUCK.
    CG: OK SHHHHHHHHHH SHH SHH SHH...
    CG: LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THIS, NOT HERE.
    Karkat's over the top reactions here are just golden.

CG: HOW CAN YOU EVEN SMELL SO DAMN WELL, ANYWAY.
    CG: YOU GIVE ME A HARD TIME ABOUT BEING COY ABOUT SHIT
    CG: BUT WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR CRAZY SENSES YOU'RE SO VAGUE, IT'S LIKE TRYING TO DECIPHER THE DAILY HOROSCOPE RIDDLE.
    CG: OR THE RIDDLES FOR ALL 48 SIGNS COMBINED.
    I'm still trying to figure out how the "48 signs" fit in with what we know now about the Trolls' universe. I would think it doesn't have anything to do with the pre-scratch Alternia, as that just resets things, right? Presumably if the Kids scratch goes through and stuff there will be a new Earth that still has the same 12 signs.

02575.gif
    I love any of the art that gives us a sense of scale, really. And, again, how did a bunch of us forget about the synapse clouds?

GC: TH3 DR34M S3LF 1M4G3 1 PROJ3CT C4N'T S33, B3C4US3 1 GU3SS D33P DOWN 1 DONT R34LLY W4NT TO
    See, this is what I was referring to at the top of the post.
    GC: BY3!
    GC: <3

CG: BYE

gallowsCalibrator [GC] ceased trolling carcinoGeneticist [CG]

carcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased trolling gallowsCalibrator [GC]

carcinoGeneticist [CG] began trolling gallowsCalibrator [GC]

CG: <3

carcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased trolling gallowsCalibrator [GC]
    All together now: d'awwww.

Okay, folks, I'll take a break for dinner. This seems like a good place.
    02576.gif
    puase.gif

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    The green sun is hidden deep within the furthest ring, the home of the horroterrors and a place where time and space no longer follow logical rules. It simultaneously supplies the power of the first guardians across all universes.

By destroying it, Rose is not only killing the trolls' Doc Scratch, but every other instance of Doc Scratch, including ones that, from her perspective, don't exist yet. She'll be indirectly responsible for every act of destruction that Lord English has committed.
    You may decide to attempt to destroy the sun and end my life. This will neutralize Jack, who is also much more powerful and dangerous than myself by virtue of the ring he wears in addition to drawing energy from the same sun as I.
    Hmm. I was under the impression that destroying the Sun doesn't necessarily kill Doc or Jack, but Doc will suicide and Jack will be mortal again.

tumblr_lt54yh3IAJ1ql8vd9o1_500.png

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    it's not really anything special

but I like the way Doc Scratch explains his truthfulness

TT: You say you don't lie, but what about lies of omission?
    Lies of omission do not exist.
    The concept is a very human one. It is the product of your story writing again. You have written a story about the truth, making emotional demands of it, and in particular, of those in possession of it.
    Your demands are based on a feeling of entitlement to the facts, which is very childish. You can never know all of the facts. Only I can.
    And since it's impossible for me to reveal all facts to you, it is my discretion alone that decides which facts will be revealed in the finite time we have.
    If I do not volunteer information you deem critical to your fate, it possibly means that I am a scoundrel, but it does not mean that I am a liar. And it certainly means you did not ask the right questions.
    One can make either true statements or false statements about reality. All of the statements I make are true.

• Options
    That just strikes me as a really circuitous way to explain what a lie of omission is.

• Options
    If the kids had made a new universe, it would have 4 signs. The record, slime ghost, squiddle symbol and either atom or bec symbol.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I think the 48 sign thing is just a way to subtly imply that the trolls were created by a 48-player session

on the other hand, there are 12 trolls and 12 ancestors, and the pre-scratch alternia also had 12 trolls and 12 ancestors, which adds up to 48

I guess if the kids follow a similar pattern then post-scratch earth would have 16 signs

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Hussie's Formspring has made a few references to a 48-player Squiddle session that resulted in the Troll Universe

I assumed he was being facetious

But I also thought that when he told us that Davesprite was alive, and that FedoraFreak would die on a quest bed

so there might be some meat there

The formspring is full of secrets!

YggiDee on
  • Options
    ASimPerson wrote:

02554.gif
    To bring every circle closed, her partner and rival would have to be guided in tandem. The Thief and the Seer were to serve as twin lashes of the scourge cracked by a quasiroyal against her own former kingdom to settle a score. To make him pay. Scourge's black inches would rip red miles through Derse, and the bright rivers gushing from its wounds would wash her mutineers down the drains of exile. In time they would have to answer for their treason.

Patience would be necessary. But then, she'd recently come into all the time in the universe.

Hm, Red Miles. Maybe someone put on the ring.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Avraham wrote:

You may decide to attempt to destroy the sun and end my life. This will neutralize Jack, who is also much more powerful and dangerous than myself by virtue of the ring he wears in addition to drawing energy from the same sun as I.
    Hmm. I was under the impression that destroying the Sun doesn't necessarily kill Doc or Jack, but Doc will suicide and Jack will be mortal again.

Scratch says that rose may destroy the sun and end his life, which implies that one causes the other.

He could possibly mean that he'll commit suicide though and in his eyes there's no meaningful difference. Inevitability is my invitation, etc. etc.

Jack wouldn't die from the sun either way because he's not directly powered by it, he's drawing power from the ring which is partially powered by it. Presumably blowing up the green sun would just turn him back into Jackspers Noirlecrow.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    What I don't get is how getting rid of the green sun summons LE, who is summoned by the end of a universe. Seems like you would just have to kill snowman, which doc could do really easily? But her power is presumably green sun powered?

?????

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    well we know the following things:

Scratch has to die to complete the ritual to summon LE

Scratch will die if the Green Sun explodes

The program that summons LE only triggers when the universe ends

Snowman's death makes the universe end

how all those pieces fit together isn't really clear but obviously both snowman and Scratch have to die to make it HAPEN

• Options
    All I want in EOA5

is for Jack Noir to run into Spades Slick.

Just once

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.