Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

MSPA: this is the end...the end of SSG dog racing

• GoatmonGoatmon AHOY! I'M ADMIRAL ZHAO!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    This isn't half bad. Anyone seen this?

Fan made Black King vs Trolls flash, complete with Rex Duodecim Angelus.

edit: For clarification, it was made in a week, by three people.

Goatmon on
    aik7511.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    decent effort, but i turned it off at animes karket

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    i'm hatin' too much to watch that right now

maybe later

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence!Registered User regular
    An Alterniabound sneak preview....
    Spoiler:

Also known as "a way to test that my colorization script worked":
    Spoiler:

redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • Bobkins FlymoBobkins Flymo HAPPY WAALUWEEN Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I wanted to do the next thread...but perhaps my first MSPA thread should not be one with so much at stake.

And it doesn't matter if we see a DEAD for Nepeta

Cats

NINE LIVES

eG9gdum.gif
    Do you have an idea for an OP? If so make it happen

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Bobkins FlymoBobkins Flymo HAPPY WAALUWEEN Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    It's 4am. Too tired to work on one. Maybe if I wake up and you're all on page 105 without realizing it or something.

eG9gdum.gif
    Well I've got no ideas, plus I kinda doubt thread will be locked before I go to bed

it's anyone's game at this point

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'll be up for another few hours but I also doubt we'll be done before I go to bed.

I kind don't want my Alterniabound LP to get stuck back here either.

redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
    Actually, your Drunkstuck Table of Contents alone would make a decent, if not good OP.

eG9gdum.gif
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Actually, your Drunkstuck Table of Contents alone would make a decent, if not good OP.

The first installment of the Let's Play would be better, actually. What better way to look forward to 10/25 than with the flash we got last 10/25?

redoctober2.png
  • NiryaNirya THE NEXT STAGE IN E-BO-LUTIONRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

The first installment of the Let's Play would be better, actually. What better way to look forward to 10/25 than with the flash we got last 10/25?

Looks like we have the next OP.

Nirya wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Looks like we have the next OP.

I don't think I will be up late/early enough for that to happen though... we're still on page 98 and it's 2:00 AM here. I will be up for another hour or so probably just to get Karkat's stuff ready and start doing Terezi's walkabout.

redoctober2.png
    edited October 2011
    Last year's thread, by the way: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/130606/homestuck-alterniabound/p1

Edit: oh god the speculation about what happens to Aradia after she explodes...

ASimPerson on
    redoctober2.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Stilts wrote:
    OH MY GOD GUYS I LOVE "HORSCHESTRA" SO MUCH

@nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
    Okay, I am going to to go ahead and post what I did for Karkat's portion of the flash. I will have to cover Terezi and Vriska tomorrow. I don't think I missed anything on my Karkat run, though.

redoctober2.png
    edited October 2011
    > Karkat: Be Past Karkat.
    You cannot be Past Karkat because in the past, Past Karkat is asleep!
    > [ S] Past Karkat: Wake up.

Drunkstuck presents

Yes, that's right folks. I figured it would be fun to do Alterniabound as a Let's Play kind of thing. Apparently this is because I hate myself. Nonetheless, my pain is your gain! Featured inside is ALL the dialogue, all the treasure, and all the Easter eggs of the original in a convienent text and picture format! (Just cut me some slack on the text, there may be a couple of typos.)

So let's get started. For reference, all of my commentary will be in the current font, while all text from the game will be in this font. Also, this is pretty long, so it is spoiled.
    Spoiler:

ASimPerson on
    redoctober2.png
    edited October 2011
    Drunkstuck presents

LET'S PLAY
    ALTERNIABOUND
    Part 2

Previous installments:
    Spoiler:

All right, we last left our hero in the midst of talking to his comptraoits. Let's see who's next on the chumproll..
    Spoiler:
    And that's Karkat!

Up next, Terezi.

ASimPerson on
    redoctober2.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2011
    ASimPerson wrote:
    I really don't like Kanaya's portrait. This may be the only time we see it.

mmm.
    Sometimes people have very ... individual ideas for what characters look like which is completely at odds with everyone else's opinion. And sometimes these people are on the art team and lobby very hard to draw specific characters.

Pretty sure someone else did the ones for the next walkarounds, though. I seem to remember they were different.

tynic on
    tynic wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:

mmm.
    Sometimes people have very ... individual ideas for what characters look like which is completely at odds with everyone else's opinion. And sometimes these people are on the art team and lobby very hard to draw specific characters.

Pretty sure someone else did the ones for the next walkarounds, though. I seem to remember they were different.

I think they were too. But yeah, I realize it's probably just me...

Anyway, I just finished Terezi's chats. But I haven't done any of her walkabout stuff yet and it's 4:30 and I really need to go. Catch y'all in the next thread.

redoctober2.png
    ASimPerson wrote:
    I realize it's probably just me...

er. Not to spell it out, but I'm pretty sure I was saying that it wasn't just you at all.

edited October 2011
    Gotcha, my bad.

ASimPerson on
    redoctober2.png
  • LarlarLarlar Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    She's just being nice.

It's always you.

iwantanswers3.png
    Larlar wrote:
    She's just being nice.

It's always you.

Aha, I knew it!

redoctober2.png
    Shhh, not so loud.

iwantanswers3.png
  • TayaTaya Happy ___ Day Registered User regular
    I'm not really fond of Gamzee's portrait, but only because I picture him differently. Feferi, Aradia, Sollux, Equius, Tavros Vriska, Terezi, and Karkat all look perfect although I prefer Karkat's portrait in the next Alterniabound a little more. There's something a little off in Nepeta's, Eridan's, and Kanaya's portraits in my opinion.

It's a surprising amount of good-looking portraits considering the range of artstyles and that we're pretty much only used to two styles: normal and "hero".

tayatagi.gif
  • AvrahamAvraham white men holding kittens dot tumblr dot comRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:

mmm.

Wasn't that one was by Peter Turner? And the Kanayabound portrait was by Lexxy

tumblr_mw0i6gT4l61qgwizbo1_250.png :bzz: :bzz: :bzz:
    Avraham wrote:
    Wasn't that one was by Peter Turner? And the Kanayabound portrait was by Lexxy

yes and yes.

• Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    hahah kanaya's portrait makes her look like such a smug villain

• Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    "oh karkat hee hee you won't even BELIEVE the shit I got cookin"

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Nice one, SimPerson. A worthy OP for the EOA.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    yeah the kanaya in Alterniabound looks... ugly

not poorly-drawn, she just looks like an ugly person

which doesn't seem to mesh well with her character

speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
    Yeah I was actually kinda surprised going back to Alterniabound after playing the one after that.

eG9gdum.gif
    Dare to compare!

XZ1JI.png XfjZ3.gif

eG9gdum.gif
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Astro Kanaya

CD World Tour status:
    Spoiler:
    Smash: 4527-8016-0782
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I'm more a fan of the second iteration.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • ZayZay Registered User regular
    Skulls don't stretch like that!

4lHNTd4.png
  • SeriouslySeriously ˈpɛrɪ ˌdɒt Registered User regular
    sorry the first one takes clear Canon Precedence

iq16sKi.png
  • tayvaantayvaan Registered User regular
    #2 is the clear winner there

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    the second one rules, sorry "delirious"ly