As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MSPA: this is the end...the end of SSG dog racing

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    This isn't half bad. Anyone seen this?

Fan made Black King vs Trolls flash, complete with Rex Duodecim Angelus.

edit: For clarification, it was made in a week, by three people.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    decent effort, but i turned it off at animes karket

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    i'm hatin' too much to watch that right now

maybe later

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    An Alterniabound sneak preview....
    Terezi: W3V3 B033N TRY1NG TO W4K3 YOU FOR 4N HOUR, BUT YOU W3R3 UNR3SPONS1V3 TO 3V3N TH3 MOST S3NS3L3SS OF C4N3 DRUBB1NGS >:]
    Karkat: I FINALLY WOKE UP ON PROSPIT.
    Terezi: YOU D1D???
    Gamzee: Ok wElL If yOu gEt yOuR MiNd aLl cHaNgEd aBoUt tHaT ThEn yOu kNoW WhErE To fInD ThE PiLe, BeSt fRiEnD
    Eridan: airin out all his dirty laundry like that puttin a big fuckin pile a horns in the middle of the room
    Feferi: T)(ere's no reason to be scared! T)(ey are not as terrible as t)(ey look.
    Sollux: 2o unle022 youve got a real good rea2on ii dont thiink iim gonna bother fiixiing them.
    Aradia: just keep listening t0 y0ur angry impluses it will all be fine
    Nepeta: :33 < but equius already furbid me from doing that :((
    Tavros: iN THE MATTER,
    Equius: D --> Yes, I can follow that order, sir
    Kanaya: I Did My Best To Clean Up The Blood Before You Woke Up
    Vriska: Fine, I will take a 8r8k, Karkat. 8ut only 8ecause you were so polite about it.

Also known as "a way to test that my colorization script worked":
    s|\(Terezi: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#008282][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Karkat: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#626262][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Kanaya: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#008141][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Sollux: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#A1A100][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Tavros: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#A15000][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Gamzee: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#2b0057][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Nepeta: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#416600][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Aradia: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#a10000][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Vriska: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#005682][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Equius: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#000056][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Feferi: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#77003c][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|
    s|\(Eridan: \)\(.*\)|[font="courier"][color=#6a006a][b]\1\2 [/b][/color][/font]|

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I wanted to do the next thread...but perhaps my first MSPA thread should not be one with so much at stake.

And it doesn't matter if we see a DEAD for Nepeta

Cats

NINE LIVES

YL9WnCY.png
    Do you have an idea for an OP? If so make it happen

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    It's 4am. Too tired to work on one. Maybe if I wake up and you're all on page 105 without realizing it or something.

YL9WnCY.png
    Well I've got no ideas, plus I kinda doubt thread will be locked before I go to bed

it's anyone's game at this point

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    Yeah, I'll be up for another few hours but I also doubt we'll be done before I go to bed.

I kind don't want my Alterniabound LP to get stuck back here either.

Actually, your Drunkstuck Table of Contents alone would make a decent, if not good OP.

YL9WnCY.png
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Actually, your Drunkstuck Table of Contents alone would make a decent, if not good OP.

The first installment of the Let's Play would be better, actually. What better way to look forward to 10/25 than with the flash we got last 10/25?

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

The first installment of the Let's Play would be better, actually. What better way to look forward to 10/25 than with the flash we got last 10/25?

Looks like we have the next OP.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Nirya wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Looks like we have the next OP.

I don't think I will be up late/early enough for that to happen though... we're still on page 98 and it's 2:00 AM here. I will be up for another hour or so probably just to get Karkat's stuff ready and start doing Terezi's walkabout.

edited October 2011
    Last year's thread, by the way: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/130606/homestuck-alterniabound/p1

Edit: oh god the speculation about what happens to Aradia after she explodes...

ASimPerson on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Stilts wrote:
    OH MY GOD GUYS I LOVE "HORSCHESTRA" SO MUCH

Okay, I am going to to go ahead and post what I did for Karkat's portion of the flash. I will have to cover Terezi and Vriska tomorrow. I don't think I missed anything on my Karkat run, though.

edited October 2011
    > Karkat: Be Past Karkat.
    You cannot be Past Karkat because in the past, Past Karkat is asleep!
    > [ S] Past Karkat: Wake up.

Drunkstuck presents

Yes, that's right folks. I figured it would be fun to do Alterniabound as a Let's Play kind of thing. Apparently this is because I hate myself. Nonetheless, my pain is your gain! Featured inside is ALL the dialogue, all the treasure, and all the Easter eggs of the original in a convienent text and picture format! (Just cut me some slack on the text, there may be a couple of typos.)

So let's get started. For reference, all of my commentary will be in the current font, while all text from the game will be in this font. Also, this is pretty long, so it is spoiled.
    001.png
    This is where you start. The flash takes place shortly after Terezi's first chat with Dave, as Karkat wakes from his nap that was caused by him passing out at the sight of Kanaya's impromptu surgery on Tavros. You might also recall Terezi just watched smelled Prospit getting destroyed by what we knew a year ago as the Demon.

002.png
    And these are your basic controls. You can see this clicking the controller icon on the top right (like the other walkabout flashses), and control the volume by clicking the horn in the top left. The back arrow in the bottom left hand corner resets your game.

003.png
    When you intereact with another character (by pressing spacebar), you get a prompt like this. There are two other playable characters in the flash - one of them being Terezi. We'll get to that later though. For now, we'll pick the first option.

004.png
    This is what the dialogue boxes look like. Note that, of coruse, this is the first time in Homestuck we've ever actually seen living two characters talk to each other "in person" - as I pointed out before, when Equius met Aradia (remember robosmooch) that was technically a spritelog.
    Terezi: W3V3 B33N TRY1NG TO W4K3 YOU FOR 4N HOUR, BUT YOU W3R3 UNR3SPONS1V3 TO 3V3N TH3 MOST S3NS3L3SS OF C4N3 DRUBB1NGS >:]
    005.png
    Terezi has a pretty wide range of expressions, but we'll get to see more of those later. Karkat does not, so I show his dialogue boxes sparingly. All the portraits are animated, which also made it difficult to capture screenshots because I thought it looked kind of weird for them to be frozen with their mouths open.
    Terezi: PROB4BLY DU3 TO TH3 4FOR3M3NT1ON3D NUB DRUBB1NGS
    Karkat: WILL YOU SHUT UP ABOUT THE DRUBBINGS. PUT THAT CANE AWAY, DAMMIT. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU EVEN NEED IT.
    Karkat: I HAD A HORRIBLE DREAM OK.
    Terezi: OH?
    Karkat: I FINALLY WOKE UP ON PROSPIT.
    Terezi: YOU D1D???
    Terezi: OH GOD, 1 C4NT B3L13V3 1 M1SS3D 1T!
    Karkat: YEAH WELL, SORRY WE CAN'T GO ON OUR ENCHANTED GOLDEN MAGIC CARPET RIDE OR WHATEVER YOU HAD IN STORE FOR US, BUT NOW IT'S TOO LATE.
    Karkat: DREAM ME IS DEAD.
    Terezi: 1 KNOW >:[
    Terezi: 4LL OF US 4R3, PROSP1T W4S COMPL3T3LY D3STROY3D.
    Karkat: OH SHIT, REALLY?
    Karkat: GUESS THAT'S NOT TOO SURPRISING. ANYWAY, I SAW THE DEMON AGAIN.
    Karkat: I THINK I KNOW WHO IT IS.
    006.png
    Like I said, Terezi has a wide range of expressions.
    GA: Even Though No One Knows How To Make A Mouth Do A Question Shape Like That
    Karkat: I DON'T KNOW HOW IT'S POSSIBLE...
    Karkat: I NEED TO SEARCH FOR MORE ANSWERS BEFORE I KNOW FOR SURE.
    Terezi: STOP B31NG MYST3R1OUS 4ND T3LL M3!
    Karkat: NO WAY. I'M NOT JUMPING TO HASTY CONCLUSIONS. IF IT TURNS OUT I'M RIGHT, THEN I GUESS WE BOTH GET TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO.
    Terezi: 4RGH, F1N3
    Terezi: SO YOU S4W H1M JUST B3FOR3 H3 D3STROY3D PROSP1T?
    Karkat: YEAH. AND THAT WASN'T EVEN THE BAD PART OF THE DREAM.
    Terezi: TH4T W4S 4N HOUR 4GO! WH4T H4V3 YOU B33N DR34M1NG 4BOUT S1NC3?
    Karkat: I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.
    007.png
    Terezi: FORB1DD3N?
    Karkat: YES, AS YOUR LEADER, I AM ORDERING ALL PROPSIT DREAMERS TO STAY AWAKE, NO MATTER HOW TIRED YOU GET.
    Terezi: UM, 4LR1GHT >:/
    Karkat: DO YOU EVEN GET TIRED?
    Terezi: WH4TS TH4T SUPPOS3D TO M34N?
    Karkat: ALL YOU DO IS RUN YOUR MOUTH ALL DAY, AND SNIFF AND LICK PEOPLE IN APPROPRIATELY WITH THAT SHIT EATING GRIN.
    Karkat: I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER EVEN SEEN YOU YAWN.
    Terezi: 1M G3TT1NG PR3TTY T1R3D R1GHT NOW 4S 4 M4TT3R OF F4CT
    Terezi: T1R3D OF YOUR BULLSH1T!
    Karkat: GOD I'M TIRED.
    So apparently whatever happened post-Propsit being destroyed what pretty terrible. We'll get some more hints about that later.

008.png
    Terezi: SO GU3SS WH4T
    Terezi: W3VE B33N 1N CONT4CT W1TH SOME 4L13NS FROM TH3 UN1V3RS3 W3 CR34T3D
    Karkat: OK. SO?
    Terezi: DONT YOU TH1NK TH4TS K1ND OF N34T?
    Karkat: NO. IT'S BORING. WHO CARES?
    Terezi: 1 THOUGHT 4S OUR 1NTR3P1D L34D3R TH4T W4S SOM3TH1NG YOU M1GHT W4NT TO KNOW
    Karkat: ALRIGHT, AS LEADER I RECOMMEND WE DELIVER THEM A DELIGHTFUL GIFT BASKET VIA TRANSUNIVERSAL BULGE THRUST.
    Karkat: ARE YOU TAKING THIS DOWN???
    Terezi: >:P
    Terezi: 1M NOT S4Y1NG W3 N33D TO M4K3 FR13NDS W1TH TH3M OR 4NYTH1NG, BUT W3V3 B3GUN TO SUSP3CT TH3Y H4V3 SOM3TH1NG TO DO W1TH OUR S3SS1ON, P4R4DOX1C4LLY SP34K1NG
    Karkat: IS ANYTHING EVER NOT PARADOXICALLY SPEAKING?
    Terezi: M4YB3 W3 C4N F1GUR3 OUT 4 W4Y TO G3T OURS3LV3S OUT OF TH1S J4M?
    Karkat: NOPE. I ALREADY TOLD YOU. WE'RE DOOMED. A MEANINGLESS RACE OF ALIENS WON'T CHANGE THAT.
    Karkat: NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I'VE GOT A LOT OF IMPORTANT SHIT TO DO.
    Terezi: YOU M34N 4 LOT OF 1MPORT4NT W4ND3R1NG 4ROUND 41M3L3SSLY 4ND T4LK1NG TO P3OPL3?
    Karkat: YES, EXACTLY.
    Well, that's kind of meta.

009.png
    We'll be Terezi a little later. Let's check out the rest of the lab first.

lab.png
    This is about the full extent of my image editing skills. Anyway, I lost my train of thought while making that. Where were we... oh, yes, right, wandering around aimlessly and talking to people. Quite.

Gamzee seems to be excited about something... (you can't tell, but he's doing the dance like the shopkeepers from Secret of Mana).
    013.png
    014.png
    015.png
    016.png
    Both options result in the same dialogue. I hadn't played this in awhile but I still found myself thinking the exact same thing.
    Karkat: I JUST SLEPT ON THE FLOOR FOR AN HOUR, DOES IT LOOK LIKE I NEED A NAP??
    Karkat: BESIDES, I JUST BANNED EVERYONE FROM SLEEPING, SO DON'T GO PULLING THIS HORN PILE INN KEEPER SHIT, GOT IT?
    017.png
    Twitchy Karkat!
    Gamzee: Ok wElL If yOu gEt yOuR MiNd aLl cHaNgEd aBoUt tHaT ThEn yOu kNoW WhErE To fInD ThE PiLe, BeSt fRiEnD
    Karkat: OH YEAH, ALSO CLEAN YOUR FUCKING GARBAGE OFF THE FLOOR. IF THIS SHIT ISN'T GONE IN A FEW HOURS I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO FLIP OUT.
    Gamzee's text was the hardest to transcribe.
    018.png

You can also intereact with objects the same way you interact with the other trolls.
    019.png
    Look at this shit all over the floor. Barely been here a couple hours and this dude turns the lab into his own personal clown sty.

020.png
    Sigh. Yeah, I guess.
    021.png
    Eridan: airin out all his dirty laundry like that puttin a big fuckin pile a horns in the middle of the room
    Eridan: at least i got the upright basic decency to hide my shitty wand pile somewwhere in the lab you wwont find it dont evven bother lookin
    Karkat: WHY DO YOU ASSHOLES HAVE PILES OF THINGS, JUST STOP.

Well, Karkat makes short work of that. Let's go up top and see what folks are up to.
    022.png
    Feferi also has multiple options. We'll explore them both.
    023.png
    Most of the dialogue portraits are pretty good - there's really only one I dislike. I'll probably talk about that more when I get there.
    Karkat: I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT IT. JUST DON'T GO TO SLEEP.
    Karkat: OH WAIT, YOU'RE A DERSE DREAMER, RIGHT? NEVER MIND, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT. LITERALLY.
    024.png
    Karkat: WHAT ABOUT NOT TALKING ABOUT IT DON'T YOU GET?
    Feferi: T)(ere's no reason to be scared! T)(ey are not as terrible as t)(ey look.
    Feferi: W)(en Derse is destroyed, I am going to go to sleep and prove it.
    Okay, there's actually good reasons to know what Feferi was talking about even at this point. We know she's a Derse dreamer like Rose and Dave. If you recall Rose's first chat with Davesprite, they talk about the Gods of the Further Ring - aka the Horrortenders. Rose also just talked about them with Kanaya, as we just covered. Also, I talked about this earlier - Karkat doesn't want to talk about what he saw after Prospit is destroyed, which means he could've seen them as well and this is Feferi trying to reassure him about them. Also, recall Feferi's lusus - she's got some prior experience in this area.
    Feferi: I will prove it to you, and to t)(em as well.
    Karkat: THEM?
    025.png
    I assume she means the kids.
    Feferi: T)(IS IS PR-ETTY -EXCITING! Don't you t)(ing???
    Karkat: "M-E)("
    Feferi: GLUB TO T)(AT ATTITUD-E!!!!!! >38O
    > Be future Feferi.
    026.png
    You cannot be Future Feferi because in the future, Future Feferi is asleep!
    A black 'Z' bubble eh... we've seen that before haven't we?

Anyway, let's see what Sollux is up to.
    > Talk to Sollux.
    027.png
    Sollux: 2o unle22 youve got a real good rea2on ii dont thiink iim gonna bother fiixiing them.
    Karkat: I'M FINE, THANKS FOR ASKING MAN. YOUR CONCERN IS REALLY APPRECIATED, I APPRECIATE IT.
    Sollux: fuck you and your priimadonna garbage, iim not goiing two break down 2obbiing becau2e you pa22 out at the 2iight of a liitle blood, why dont you man up.
    Karkat: HEY FUCK YOU, I TURN AROUND AND SEE A CRAZY GIRL WITH A CHAINSAW AND A TSUNAMI OF BROWN. IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT WE NOT TURN OUT LITTLE HIDEOUT INTO A SLAUGHTERHOUSE?
    Yes, yes apparently it is.
    Sollux: what diid you want me two do get down on the floor and kii22 your faiinted corp2e on the lii2p two wake you on a nonexii2sent pro2sp011t?
    Karkat: LET'S NOT DO THIS, OK MAN? JUST THIS ONCE. I DON'T HAVE THE ENERGY.
    Sollux: yeah ok fiine.
    Karkat: SO WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THESE ALIENS, IS IT ANYTHING I SHOULD GIVE A SHIT ABOUT?
    Sollux: no not at all, theyre u2ele22 an uniintere2stiing iim 2sure you already gathered
    Sollux: ii recommend we dont bother wiith them, though aradiia 2eem2 two thiink well all be iin each other2 2ponge2 iineviitably.
    Sollux: whatever, iim pretty comiitted two not haviing anythiing two do wiith them ever.
    Karkat: GOOD, THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR.
    Sollux: uh huh, 2ure kk by the look of 2ome of your future memo2 iit look2 liike youre gonna get pretty wound up by thii2 thiing 2oon.
    Karkat: MAN, FUCK MY FUTURE MEMOS.
    Sollux: no way, theyre hiilariiou2, be2st thiing about haviing you a2 a leader hand2 down.
    Karkat: FUCK THAT SENITMENT, AND FUCK YOU, AND FUCK FUTURE ME.
    Sollux: ok. what about pa2st you, ii2 pa2t you cool.
    Karkat: THE ONLY GUY MORE IRRITATING AND STUPID THAN FUTURE ME IS PAST ME.
    Sollux: ehehehehehehehe.

028.png
    Let's talk to Aradia. I'm sure this will be motivational and uplifting!
    029.png
    Karkat: TROLL WHO?
    Aradia: never mind
    Aradia: lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt ineveitable
    Yeah, that state above was some of my human sarcasm.
    Karkat: WHAT THE FROND BUCKLING NOOK STENCH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.
    Aradia: n0thing. its n0t like a decisi0n y0u are ab0ut t0 make will invaribly lead t0 every pr0blem we have and will ever face as well as the great und0ing itself
    Aradia: just keep listening t0 y0ur angry impluses it will all be fine
    Aradia: actually i guess i c0uld kill y0u right n0w and st0p it all fr0m happening thus d00ming us all in an 0ffsh00t timeline
    Aradia: i might c0nsider it if we all werent d00med anyway
    Aradia: and if y0u werent my friend
    Karkat: YOU KNOW WHAT WAS GREAT? WHEN YOU USED TO NOT BE A ROBOT.
    Gee, Karkat, Aradia actually said something about you! Okay, yeah, it was still kind of spooky, but still.
    Karkat: CAUSE THIS ROBOT THING? THIS IS BULLSHIT.
    Karkat: IF WE WEREN'T ALL ABOUT TO DIE I'D DEDICATE OUR WHOLE TEAM TO FINDING A WAY TO BRING YOU BACK TO LIFE
    Karkat: BUT WE ARE SO GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO RIDE OUT THE NEXT FEW HOURS WITH A SPOOKY TIN PSYCHOPATH, SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST.
    Aradia: 0_0
    :whistle:

Oh, right, we had another option.
    043.png
    044.png
    You cannot be Future Aradia because in the future, Future Aradia has exploded!
    This is actually kind of comforting, given that we now know WHY she explodes.

030.png
    It's almost impossible to cross the room without tripping over this goddamn thing. The mess in here is unireal. I mean unreal.

Pay close attention to Nepeta's hat here.
    031.png
    032.png
    Karkat: WHO
    033.png
    A year later, I am still giggling to the idea that Nepeta's hat mirrors her facial expressions.
    Karkat: WHAT'S A HUMAN
    034.png
    Karkat: WAIT, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING
    Karkat: YOU HAVEN'T BEEN PULLING YOUR RP NONSENSE ON THEM HAVEYOU? TALK ABOUT A SHITTY FIRST ENCOUNTER?
    Karkat: OK AS LEADER, I FORBID YOU FROM RP'ING WITH THEM.
    Nepeta: :33 < but equius already furbid me from doing that :((
    Nepeta: :33 < not that i am listening to him, but shhhhh! :33
    Karkat: WAIT, HE DID?
    Karkat: OK, THEN AS YOUR LEADER I ORDER YOU TO RP WITH THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. BE AS OBNOXIOUS ABOUT IT AS YOU CAN.
    Nepeta: :33 < yaaaaaaaaaaay !!
    I was less crazy about ANIME KAWAII NEPETA here at the end though so I didn't screenshot it.

ASimPerson on
    edited October 2011
    Drunkstuck presents

LET'S PLAY
    ALTERNIABOUND
    Part 2

Previous installments:
    All right, we last left our hero in the midst of talking to his comptraoits. Let's see who's next on the chumproll..
    > Talk to Tavros.
    035.png
    This is not Tavros's most common expression.
    Karkat: HEY, YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN AWESOME TIME TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAW YOUR LOWER TORSO OFF AND REPLACE WITH ROBO LEGS?
    Tavros: nO,
    Karkat: ANY GODDAMN TIME BEFORE NOW, YOU KNOW, DURING OUR WHOLE ADVENTURE WHEN THEY MIGHT HAVE COME IN HADNY.
    Karkat: ALSO WHEN I DIDN'T HAPPEN TO BE STANDING AROUND. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO SWEET.
    036.png
    This is.
    Tavros: iN THE MATTER,
    Karkat: DID YOU SEE HIM?
    Tavros: wHO,
    Karkat: THE DEMON. WHEN YOU WERE ASLEEP.
    Tavros: nO,
    Karkat: HE WAS RIGHT FUCKING THERE. I TOLD YOU TO LOOK, BUT I GUESS YOU WERE TOO BUSY FROLICKING IN THE SKY OR WHATEVER YOU DO ON THAT GAUDY YELLOW MOON
    Tavros: oH, mAN, yEAH SKY FRLOCKING WAS PROBABLY DEFINITELY THE THING i WAS PREOCCUPIED BY,
    Karkat: ANYWAY, THAT WAS JUST BEFORE HE BLEW THE PLACE UP.
    Tavros: wHOA, iS THAT WHAT HAPPENED,
    Karkat: IDIOT.
    Karkat: JUST DON'T GO TO SLEEP, SPREAD THE WORD.
    Tavros: i COULDN'T POSSIBLY SLEEP NOW, i'M TOO EXCITED ABOUT THESE AWESOME LEGS, lOOK AT ME GO, wHOOPS,
    037.png

038.png
    Looks like SOMEONE needs to stop playing games for girls.

Are you ready for a STRONG dialogue box? I'm not sure. But there's only one way to find out.
    > Talk to Equius.
    Karkat: THIS ROBOLEG BULLSHIT WAS YOUR IDEA WASN'T IT.
    039.png
    Karkat: OK I HEREBY ORDER YOU TO NEVER EVEN THINK ABOUT GIVIGN SOMEON HORSELEGS AGAIN, IS THAT UNDERSTOOD.
    Equius: D --> Yes, I can follow that order, sir
    Equius: D --> Are there any other orders you would like to issue to me in a manner that is similiarly forceful
    040.png
    041.png
    Equius: D --> ...
    Equius: D --> I need a towel
    Karkat: GO HAVE YOUR BUTLER GET YOU ONE YOUE SNOOTY DOUCHE
    Equius: D --> Arthour is dead, and so is his ghost
    Equius: D --> Remember
    Karkat: YEAH.
    Karkat: SORRY MAN, I FORGOT. DIDN'T MEAN TO BRING UP A SORE SUBJECT.
    Equius: D --> Is this where embrace jocularly, as if we are "bros"
    Equius: D --> I will be as gentle as possible
    Karkat: DON'T TOUCH ME.
    Ew. Good call, Karkat.

Anyway, we just remembered there was a memo we needed to finish.
    042.png
    046.png
    And we then this ends the same way as this memo. The lines are actually in the game, but they're already right there on the site, as well.

Of course, this gives us a good idea of whom we should talk to next.
    > Talk to Kanaya.
    Karkat: HEY I JUST GOT DONE TALKING TO YOU IN THE PAST. REMEMBER YOU WERE FUCKING AROUND WITH THE VOLCANO AND I PASSED OUT FOR AN HOUR?
    045.png
    I really don't like Kanaya's portrait. This may be the only time we see it.
    Karkat: THAT WAS NOW. HEY GUESS WHAT, NEW ORDER. NO MORE IMPROMPTU AMPUTATIONS, OK?
    Kanaya: Impromptutations
    Hehehe.
    Karkat: YEAH. KEEP YOUR LIPSTICK CAPPED OK. I DON'T WANT TO TURN AROUND AND SEE RAINBOW BLOOD SPRAYING EVERY WHICH WAY JUST CAUSE YOU THINK THE PLACE IS A LITTLE DRAB.
    Kanaya: I Did My Best To Clean Up The Blood Before You Woke Up
    Karkat: THANKS FOR THAT. ALSO ANOTHER NEW ORDER. DON'T GO TO SLEEP.
    Kanaya: Dont Worry I Dont Really Want To Find Out What Happens When I Do
    Kanaya: Any Other Orders
    Kanaya: Such As Those Which Might Pertain To These Alien Children
    Karkat: YEAH, MY ORDERS ARE THAT THEY'RE COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, AND WHO CARES ABOUT THEM.
    Kanaya: How Are Those Orders
    Karkat: BECAUSE I'M YOUR LEADER THAT'S HOW.
    Kanaya: They Are Not Irrelevant
    Karkat: HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT
    Kanaya: Its A Bit Complicated
    Kanaya: But I Believe You Should Give Them A Closer Look Before You Decide What To Do About Them If Anything
    Kanaya: Perhaps Then An Especially Leaderly Speech Will Be In Order
    Karkat: OK I DOUBT THAT BUT WHATEVER.
    Karkat still refuses to troll our human protagonists. So what or who could've been the catalyst? Well, there's only one more troll to talk to...

047.png
    Karkat: HEY VRISKA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
    Karkat: PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LET IT BE SOMETHING INCONSEQUENTIAL AND BENIGN.
    I love that Karkat is out-and-out scared of Vriska. It's hilarious.
    048.png
    049.png
    Vriska: Yes! Aaaaaaaall of them. So many irons too. Guess where the irons are!
    Karkat: PLEASE DON'T LET THEM BE IN THE FIRE, PLEASE DON'T LET THEM BE IN THE FIRE...
    Vriska: They are........
    Vriska: IN
    Vriska: THE
    050.png
    vare.gif
    Karkat: GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.
    Karkat: LOOK WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING, STOP. OR PUT IT ON PAUSE. CAN YOU PLEASE DO THAT?
    Karkat: I WASN'T GOING TO BOTHER WITH THE HUMANS BUT NOW YOU'RE MAKING ME NERVOUS. JUST GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO LOOK INTO THIS MATTER, AND THEN I'LL BRIEF EVERYBODY.
    Karkat: MAYBE WITH A SPEECH OR SOMETHING. CAN YOU DO THAT?
    Karkat: PLEEEEEEEEASE? I JUST SAID THAT EIGHT E'S.
    Vriska: Fine, I will take a 8r8k, Karkat. 8ut only 8ecause you were so polite about it.
    Vriska: It will give me a chance to go get some stuff done!

Well, now we know! Anyway, that's all the dialogue up here, but there's a ton to see in the rest of the lab!

051.png
    These are the transportalizers like we've seen elsewhere. They work like you would think.

052.png
    053.png
    We got one floor below. Well, we're assuming is below. It could be anywhere in the lab, honestly. Anyway, exits are
    054.png
    north
    055.png
    and south.

So, obviously, we're going to pick up some sweet loot first.

056.png
    You got SOME BOONDOLLARS! Who cares.

057.png
    You got the trusty CLAWSICKLE!

Okay, let's go north.
    058.png
    So the idea of this room is that each of these transportalizers leads to each trolls' own room. I think there is one exception, otherwise, you cannot go in anyone else's room other than your own.

059.png
    See? Doesn't do anything...

060.png
    This is ours, let's give that a shot.

061.png
    062.png
    That's better.

Karkat's room, as such, is basically a long corridor with some treasure chests in it. I'll spoiler the parts where I'm just opening chests to save some space.
    064.png
    As you might imagine, no one here is really excited about money at this point. Well, unless you get, say, a lot.

065.png
    You got a ~ATH MANUAL! It's so thick, you could kill someone with this thing. And if you master what's inside, you just might kill everyone with it.

066.png
    You got a TINKERBULL PLUSH! R.I.P. little buddy :'(

067.png
    You guess you could use them as paperweights. Or something.

068.png
    There's lots of stairs in this lab, no wonder they felt the need to give Tavros some legs.
    069.png
    You got a TEAPOT!
    070.png
    You got a WICKED ELIXIR!
    071.png
    Let's just head down here.

072.png
    Yep, more chests. But I feel oddly compelled to check out that gap in the wall right there.

073.png
    074.png
    What'dya know?

075.png
    076.png
    077.png
    078.png
    That's what it says for everything back here, except for...
    079.png

More treasure chests:
    080.png
    You got a BEAUTIFUL WORK OF FINE ART! Just... why. Why would this exist. Why would someone put it in a chest???
    I started getting a little slow on the draw. But the chests are only repopulated when you restart the game, so you only get one shot.

081.png
    You got HOMES SMELL YA LATER! SO FRESH.
    082.png
    Let's get out of here.

083.png
    We transportalize to a large, empty room.

084.png
    With a bank of tubes... oh no. Oh god no. Let's see if there's any pleasant distractions in this chest.

085.png
    Sweet!

086.png
    Hey wait a minute...

087.png
    Fucking a!
    > Examine equipment
    088.png

127.png
    You got a... oh dear god. GET THAT FILTH OUTTA HERE

Sigh, it's about time check out that twinkling thing in the middle of the room that cannot possibly be of any significance whatsoever.
    Be Past Karkat?
    > Yes.
    092.png
    You are now Past Karkat. You are pretty much freaking the fuck out.
    094.png
    The full, but smaller version from the MSPA Wiki:
    Grubs.png

We ran out of there as fast we possibly could, back up to the 2nd room we transportalized too... hey, where are you going?
    095.png
    096.png
    097.png
    At least someone has the decency to keep his trash tucked away.
    Take nap in pile of shitty wands?
    We won't because this results in an instant game over. I'd screencap it, but the screen just fades to black.

099.png
    Just to hammer this point home, some of the other pads do give you this option (this is Terezi's) but you can't go in.

100.png
    Oh what in the hell? WHAT DID YOU DO?

105.png
    WHAT DID YOU DO WHAT DID YOU DO WHAT DID YOU DO

Oh, right, I hit Ctrl+T. It's called Trickster Mode and it's usually an Easter egg in Homestuck walkabout flashes. You should try it, it's fun. Especially if you don't want to buy the Alterniabound album for some reason.
    Anyway, you eventually end up here:
    101.png
    A shop from Chrono Trigger with the kids from Earthbound and Gamzee doing his Secret of Mana shopkeeper dance? IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE. Anyway, the only person you can actually talk to is Gamzee.
    102.png
    103.png
    Fuckin' miracles.

106.png
    108.png
    If you don't hit Ctrl+T again, you actually get the Chrono Trigger warp gate effect whenever you transportalize (though without the sound effect or the whooshy time travelling). Either way, you end up back at the beginning.

104.png
    But wait, what about...

109.png
    That south transportalizer?

110.png
    You end up in another room, with more stairs and more treasure.
    111.png
    You got a BROKEN BOW AND ARROW!

112.png
    I WARNED YOU ABOUT STAIRS etc. etc.
    113.png
    You got a CHAINSAW! Still some brown stains on it. Yuck.

114.png
    I TOLD YA etc. etc.
    115.png
    You got a FAIRY POSTER! Lovely, albeit imaginary.

116.png
    You got a BEAUTIFUL MUSCLEBEAST NUDE! You feel culturally enriched by this masterpiece.

117.png
    Geez, more stairs.
    118.png
    You got the CROSBYTOP! Say, who the heck is this douche bag, anyway?

119.png
    You got a BROKEN ROBOT PART!

Anyway, we reached the bottom transportalizer.
    > Transportalize
    120.png
    And so we end up here. This is similiar to the one John transported to, of course:
    01771.gif
    Though it is bereft of ponies.

121.png
    122.png

123.png
    Here's a better view of the monsters.

124.png
    You got SOME GLASSES OF FRESH MILK! But... what is there to even get milk from around here? Oh sweet jegus...
    One last chest.

125.png
    126.png
    And that's Karkat!

Up next, Terezi.

ASimPerson on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2011
    ASimPerson wrote:

mmm.
    Sometimes people have very ... individual ideas for what characters look like which is completely at odds with everyone else's opinion. And sometimes these people are on the art team and lobby very hard to draw specific characters.

Pretty sure someone else did the ones for the next walkarounds, though. I seem to remember they were different.

tynic on
    tynic wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:

mmm.
    Sometimes people have very ... individual ideas for what characters look like which is completely at odds with everyone else's opinion. And sometimes these people are on the art team and lobby very hard to draw specific characters.

Pretty sure someone else did the ones for the next walkarounds, though. I seem to remember they were different.

I think they were too. But yeah, I realize it's probably just me...

Anyway, I just finished Terezi's chats. But I haven't done any of her walkabout stuff yet and it's 4:30 and I really need to go. Catch y'all in the next thread.

ASimPerson wrote:
    I realize it's probably just me...

er. Not to spell it out, but I'm pretty sure I was saying that it wasn't just you at all.

edited October 2011
    Gotcha, my bad.

ASimPerson on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    She's just being nice.

It's always you.

iwantanswers3.png
    Larlar wrote:
    She's just being nice.

It's always you.

Aha, I knew it!

Shhh, not so loud.

iwantanswers3.png
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'm not really fond of Gamzee's portrait, but only because I picture him differently. Feferi, Aradia, Sollux, Equius, Tavros Vriska, Terezi, and Karkat all look perfect although I prefer Karkat's portrait in the next Alterniabound a little more. There's something a little off in Nepeta's, Eridan's, and Kanaya's portraits in my opinion.

It's a surprising amount of good-looking portraits considering the range of artstyles and that we're pretty much only used to two styles: normal and "hero".

• AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    tynic wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:

mmm.

Wasn't that one was by Peter Turner? And the Kanayabound portrait was by Lexxy

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
    Avraham wrote:
    Wasn't that one was by Peter Turner? And the Kanayabound portrait was by Lexxy

yes and yes.

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    hahah kanaya's portrait makes her look like such a smug villain

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    "oh karkat hee hee you won't even BELIEVE the shit I got cookin"

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Nice one, SimPerson. A worthy OP for the EOA.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    yeah the kanaya in Alterniabound looks... ugly

not poorly-drawn, she just looks like an ugly person

which doesn't seem to mesh well with her character

Yeah I was actually kinda surprised going back to Alterniabound after playing the one after that.

YL9WnCY.png
    Dare to compare!

XZ1JI.pngXfjZ3.gif

YL9WnCY.png
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Astro Kanaya

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I'm more a fan of the second iteration.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Skulls don't stretch like that!

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    sorry the first one takes clear Canon Precedence

• tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    #2 is the clear winner there

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    the second one rules, sorry "delirious"ly

This discussion has been closed.