As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Hotel Discussion Thread *Westin Waterfront & Seaport are SOLD OUT*

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
Reservations have gone to the Hotels!!!!

Confirm your reservations to make sure there were no errors!

You can either call your hotel or in the case of the westin, confirm online with your last name and credit card number.

Book here!
http://tinyurl.com/PAXEast2012Hotels

Hotel Options:

Colonnade Boston
Courtyard Boston Tremont Hotel
Hilton Boston Back Bay
Hilton Boston Financial District
Holiday Inn Boston Brookline
Hyatt Regency Boston
InterContinental Boston
MidTown Hotel
Omni Parker House
Park Plaza Hotel & Towers
Radisson Hotel Boston

Doubletree by Hilton Downtown Boston
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Seaport Hotel
Westin Boston Waterfront [Connected to BCEC]

Strike-though = Hotel is sold out for at least one of the nights of PAX {Thursday Night - Sunday Night}

Where are you booking and why?

Add yourself to jujubro's google doc:
http://bit.ly/jujuhoteldoc

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
SmallLady on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Booked at the Westin.

The rooms were comfy last year and being connected to the BCEC is made of win.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Definetly going for the Westin. I stayed there last year and the room was very nice. I hope this year, though, that I can get a room with two double beds.

• LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    Seaport, because my friends told me too and I'm easily influenced by them.

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Do the Westin rooms have mini-fridges in them?

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    edited October 2011
    slamonella wrote:
    Do the Westin rooms have mini-fridges in them?

I believe they do, but I think you have to call ahead to have them hook it up and prep it. If memory serves I had one last year but it was either unplugged or otherwise disabled (didn't need it so I didn't bother asking).

You can always call the hotel and find out for sure

zerzhul on
  • PascualPascual Registered User regular
    Does anybody know what hotels have free wifi in the lobby? I know park plaza does but I'm looking for one maybe a little closer.

Pascual wrote:
    Does anybody know what hotels have free wifi in the lobby? I know park plaza does but I'm looking for one maybe a little closer.

the BCEC has free wifi, you might be able to get it from the Westin lobby. I am unsure though and didn't try to do so last year.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Woot! Got a room at the Westin. :D The site said they didn't have rooms available for Tuesday though. Guess I'll just be coming in super early Wednesday morning. Was anyone else able to get a room there Tuesday through the PAX site?

HI3789R.png
  • JHMeaderJHMeader Registered User new member
    Stayed at The Renaissance Boston Waterfront last year. Really nice place! Will probably try for the Westin because the closer the better, but if not the Renaissance is where it's at!

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote:
    Woot! Got a room at the Westin. :D The site said they didn't have rooms available for Tuesday though. Guess I'll just be coming in super early Wednesday morning. Was anyone else able to get a room there Tuesday through the PAX site?

You mean you won't be at J. J. Foley's on Tuesday before PAX East? This will make for many sad PAXers . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    Got my room at the Westin as well, Thursday-Monday!

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Khadour wrote:
    punzie wrote:

You mean you won't be at J. J. Foley's on Tuesday before PAX East? This will make for many sad PAXers . . .

I have my ways /evil grin
    Just annoying to have to stash all my stuff (so many cookies!!!) somewhere else Tuesday night and move it to my room Wednesday. Oh wells.

HI3789R.png
  • HarpuaScorpioHarpuaScorpio South JerseyRegistered User regular
    Booked for the Westin!

Podcast Producer/Host: PerpetualGeekMachine.net
  • HarpuaScorpioHarpuaScorpio South JerseyRegistered User regular
    Booked for the Westin!
    Thursday - Sunday, driving up from Jersey, just like the last two years.

Podcast Producer/Host: PerpetualGeekMachine.net
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    punzie wrote:
    Just annoying to have to stash all my stuff (so many cookies!!!) somewhere else Tuesday night and move it to my room Wednesday. Oh wells.
    I've got stash space if you need it.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Based on last year's experiences, booking booked! at the Westin. The BCEC area in general is not as filled with options for food/drink as the Hynes was. Staying at the Westin makes things easier.
    • No early morning/late night trudging through the cold/rain/snow (hopefully weather will be pretty mild in April though).
    • It takes 10 minutes to pop over to your room and deposit swag or whatnot.
    • I didn't have to carry a bulky coat/hoodie with me or pay to check it.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • SeratuSeratu Registered User regular
    Booked at the Seaport. Stayed there last PAX and enjoyed it quite a bit.

PAX East 2015: 3-Day Pass : [X] Hotel Booked : [X] Time Off : [X]
    Set to go!
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Booked the Westin like last time because being connected to the convention center is awesome.

Also, I demand a poll SmallLady. :P

NSw0gum.png
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Westin, cause its right there!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    There are no polls in vanilla. Sorry.

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    D:

NSw0gum.png
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Booked at the Westin, although I stayed at the Seaport last year. The Seaport is nice, with friendly staff, but the chilling walk across that open bridge in the morn/eve and to drop off loot was rough. I stayed in the hotel connected to the Hynes the first year and it was awesome.

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I have a feeling that the westin will sell out quick :-P

• jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    Seaport FTW.

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Whoa, do I need to pay the $250 guarantee price to the Westin when I reserve the room? What the hell?

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Chorazin wrote:
    Whoa, do I need to pay the $250 guarantee price to the Westin when I reserve the room? What the hell?
    Exodus1 wrote:
    They take your credit card as a "guarantee", unless you don't want to give your card, you don't have to pay a deposit. They only charge your card if you don't show, and didn't cancel with 72hours notice. edit: what zerzhul said.

• ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Thanks Exodus! Reg'd at the Westin, stayed there last year but I didn't reg it and got a bit freaked out!

CRAZY excited now!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Nice, can't wait!

Angrypasta on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    all booked at westin, thurs-sun! last year we booked fri-sun (since i'm pretty local), but rushing and lugging a bunch of stuff on an mbta bus friday morning was an awful pain, so this year we're doing thursday. plus actual double beds and triple occupancy, so we don't have to hide our third guest on an air mattress on the floor. there is nothing that beats the convenience of being at the westin-it's like living at pax! woohoo!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    Oh, speaking of occupancy...

protip: if you're booking for multiple occupancy, PUT NAMES DOWN. make them up if you have to, and change them once you know them for sure. This will reduce the likelihood that a hotel will screw up your occupancy when the reservations are moved from OnPeak to the actual hotels. Also, when you know the real names having them down will authorize them to get keys easily, etc.

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Booked The Westin. We loved our room last year and loved being next door to the con.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    Wow, I booked the Westin and my heart is still pounding because I felt like it was going to completely disappear before I could finish the reservation, that's so sad. We will be staying Wed-Mon. I loved the Intercontinental, but we will try to convenience of being connected to the BCEC this year and see how it compares, I will miss that amazing soaking tub though.

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • antheremantherem Registered User regular
    The convenience of staying at the Westin cannot be overstated.

• flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    There isn't a table this year displaying the availability of rooms for each day per hotel is there? That was a very nifty little tool last year. I already have a 2-bd room booked for me, but I have other friends considering attending and I'm trying to get a picture of how many Westin rooms are left.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
    flatline wrote:
    There isn't a table this year displaying the availability of rooms for each day per hotel is there? That was a very nifty little tool last year. I already have a 2-bd room booked for me, but I have other friends considering attending and I'm trying to get a picture of how many Westin rooms are left.

There is, and you get there the same way you did last year. You have to do a search, then there's a link you can click on. It's not linked anywhere specifically because that table requires your session token.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I GOT THE WESTIN!!!! Sorry, but i'm excited. I was so hoping for a 2 double bed room and I got it! Last year I had a room with 1 king size bed and fitting four people in there was a tad tight. It's funny though, last year the Westin never questioned why I wanted four room keys, but hey, I don't have to worry about that this year!

jdixon1972 wrote:
    last year the Westin never questioned why I wanted four room keys, but hey

Last year at the Seaport, I only put 2 occupancy when I booked, but ended up sharing the room with a total of 4. They issued me 4 keys no problem, and even held 2 of them under 2 different names while I went to the Pokecrawl, lol. 8-)

• AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    Last year at the Westin, the guy I checked in with explicitly told me that we could have as many room keys as we needed, so room-stuffers should have an easy time.

edited October 2011
    Individual results may vary, but you're likely better off being as honest as possible up front to avoid any potential issues. While it makes sense to try to save money however you can, there are fire code laws to be aware of in addition to extra occupancy costs and if something bad were to happen (read: emergency) you could theoretically be held liable if you knowingly broke hotel policy and violated codes.

zerzhul on