As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What are your fears, SE++? (no pictures of what people talk about)

191011121315»

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    You can still be afraid of being alone. What if your spouse dies? What if there's an apocalypse and you're the one member of your city who happened to be in a safe underground bunker at the time and then you emerge from the ground and oh god?

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    At that point you're free to feel whatever because chances are you won't make it another 10 years.

At best.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    You can still be afraid of being alone. What if your spouse dies? What if there's an apocalypse and you're the one member of your city who happened to be in a safe underground bunker at the time and then you emerge from the ground and oh god?

I would probably kill some time rifling through other people's stuff. Maybe going and fondling some works of art at a museum if they were still around.

Catch up on some reading.

Then...I dunno. I'd probably eventually just kill myself once the boredom set in.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Sassori wrote:
    Janson wrote:

I would probably kill some time rifling through other people's stuff. Maybe going and fondling some works of art at a museum if they were still around.

Then...I dunno. I'd probably eventually just kill myself once the boredom set in.

Then I'd come from a similar situation in a nearby city and pee on your corpse for being weak of mind.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    Janson wrote:

Then I'd come from a similar situation in a nearby city and pee on your corpse for being weak of mind.

Meh. I am very lazy. I wouldn't kill myself out of despair of being alone. Just...sheer laziness of trying to find anyone else.

But who knows? Maybe I'd actually drive around since traffic would be so low...Are there still songs playing on the radio or am I going to have to make a mix before stealing a car?

Also...Is there internet?

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Larlar wrote:
    There was another set of parents that same summer who had the saddest, fattest 5-year-old I've ever seen. He was as close to a perfect sphere as a human being can get. They had to bring a step-stool with them to the park to get him on and off the nearby swings. When he sat in the pool, other kids would run around him like an obstacle in a relay race. I felt so bad for him, because it wasn't his fault at all. I imagine he's probably being an equally unhappy 15-year-old around now.

I was at a KFC once (yes, that was my first mistake) where a slightly older and slightly thinner kid was, no word of a lie, rolling down the disabled access ramp. He would run to the top, get on his side, and then roll himself down the ramp while giggling with every sign of enjoyment, then he'd struggle to his feet and walk back up to repeat the process, getting slower and slower each time

His outraged grandma- or aunt, or mother, who am I to guess- eventually bought him an ice-cream thing and gave it to him to keep him quiet while they waited for the rest of their order. Yes, that makes perfect sense

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    What if there's an apocalypse and you're the one member of your city who happened to be in a safe underground bunker at the time and then you emerge from the ground and oh god?

I used to daydream about this

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Edcrab wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    There was another set of parents that same summer who had the saddest, fattest 5-year-old I've ever seen. He was as close to a perfect sphere as a human being can get. They had to bring a step-stool with them to the park to get him on and off the nearby swings. When he sat in the pool, other kids would run around him like an obstacle in a relay race. I felt so bad for him, because it wasn't his fault at all. I imagine he's probably being an equally unhappy 15-year-old around now.

I was at a KFC once (yes, that was my first mistake) where a slightly older and slightly thinner kid was, no word of a lie, rolling down the disabled access ramp. He would run to the top, get on his side, and then roll himself down the ramp while giggling with every sign of enjoyment, then he'd struggle to his feet and walk back up to repeat the process, getting slower and slower each time

His outraged grandma- or aunt, or mother, who am I to guess- eventually bought him an ice-cream thing and gave it to him to keep him quiet while they waited for the rest of their order. Yes, that makes perfect sense

It was probably his punishment for trying to exercise.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Death is easily my biggest fear, I have a variety of ways I am worried about dying and I think about it every day regardless of the mood I'm in. I'm flying over the weekend and I keep having nightmares about it. It sucks.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    My uncle used to buy my cousin a toy every time they went out shopping.

My aunt grew so mad, because of course then my cousin began to expect a toy every time they went out shopping. So one time she's waiting to pay for her items and her son is crying and screaming because his mean mother won't buy him a toy. And my aunt is desperately embarrassed but also not wishing to give in to my cousin.

And then an old gentleman approaches her and gives her son a toy and says, 'oh, I felt so sorry for the poor lad, so I've bought him a present.'

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Edcrab wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

Perhaps his rolls didn't have nearly enough speed for her liking

"Eat up. You must become heavier, and more rounded. Only then can we win the Kid Rolling championships"

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Sometimes when I look at store racks - the kind with a bunch of jutting bars that items are hung on for display - I can't bear their pointyness. All those pokey-out things in one spot makes me feel like they're going for my eyes. Not actually moving toward them, but like they want to poke my eyes, or that there's some pressure on events that would cause my eyes to get poked by one or more of them. I usually have to leave the immediate area when this happens, or shield my eyes with my hands for a while. It's embarrassing, but fortunately infrequent.
    Apparently one of my wife's friends suffers the same problem, so I'm not completely weird.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:

"Eat up. You must become heavier, and more rounded. Only then can we win the Kid Rolling championships"

I bet this year somebody will beat Violet Beauregarde

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    Death is easily my biggest fear, I have a variety of ways I am worried about dying and I think about it every day regardless of the mood I'm in. I'm flying over the weekend and I keep having nightmares about it. It sucks.

don't worry hon, a fiery plane crash is a quick and relatively painless death.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:

This is one of the reasons why one of my girlfriends broke up with me. She was terrified of losing me after having years or marriage / living together. And I don't mean just like worried about it. She... kinda gets extreme about things sometimes.

• Options
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Larlar wrote:
    Edcrab wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

I was a very very fat early teen.

I mean like Orca fat. I had my own moons and shit. A 42" waist in 8th grade kind of fat.

My mother, out of sick kind of negative re-inforcement to get me to lose weight, would only buy me clothes that were too small to fit. So my pants were so tight they left nasty red rings around my rotund body and forced extra rolls up and over my near-failing belt.

There was nothing my glorious then when I got home and released that belt with a rifle-like snap and the super-sonic expansion of my gelatinous frame.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    All of you worried about being forever alone, just remember that once you're married and all that - it's impossible to get forever alone time again. :)

untrue, you just get a divorce

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    Fat kids represent

I couldnt stand up on a bus unless I had like a rail in each hand and my legs braced on th wall

I had that much weight that i swung from side to side like cargo sailors forgot to lash to a deck

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    I'm scared of being in deep water where I can't see the bottom.

Freaks me out.

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    I'm afraid of rejection and most bugs, though I've forged an alliance with the spiders around my house

• Options
    Mysst wrote: »
    All of you worried about being forever alone, just remember that once you're married and all that - it's impossible to get forever alone time again. :)

untrue, you just get a divorce

howto_hi5.jpg

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    My uncle used to buy my cousin a toy every time they went out shopping.

My aunt grew so mad, because of course then my cousin began to expect a toy every time they went out shopping. So one time she's waiting to pay for her items and her son is crying and screaming because his mean mother won't buy him a toy. And my aunt is desperately embarrassed but also not wishing to give in to my cousin.

And then an old gentleman approaches her and gives her son a toy and says, 'oh, I felt so sorry for the poor lad, so I've bought him a present.'

what a dick

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Stale wrote:

You're mean. :(

• Options
    Stale wrote:

You're mean. :(

Ohh stop being such a girl.

You'll be fine babe.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Stale wrote: »

WD9VF.jpg

What do you think, the plane is going to crash and we are all on the ground in a thousand pieces dead? I promise you, if it happens, you won't feel a thing.

skettios on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I think this sums up my fears of the moment.
    I saw my life branching out before me like the green fig tree in the story. From the tip of every branch, like a fat purple fig, a wonderful future beckoned and winked. One fig was a husband and a happy home and children, and another fig was a famous poet and another fig was a brilliant professor, and another fig was Ee Gee, the amazing editor, and another fig was Europe and Africa and South America, and another fig was Constantin and Socrates and Attila and a pack of other lovers with queer names and offbeat professions, and another fig was an Olympic lady crew champion, and beyond and above these figs were many more figs I couldn't quite make out. I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose. I wanted each and every one of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet.