As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATMAN] Where Are You?!? Here. Arkham City Out Now

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    I also tend to finish the last goon on a counter if I can. Sometimes even moving next to a wall or railing for enviromental finish.

Some of the stuff Batman does... how has he not killed a goon yet?!
    I'm pretty sure any goons knocked over the railing in the electrified floor fight in AA died.

• Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    Oh my Lord
    I am so glad there's a sequence in this game in which Batman beats a shark in the face repeatedly.

pygsig.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Prodding goons from above with Batarangs and REC blasts is so much fun. You can usually eventually get a guard so worked up/scared that he just charges off in a random direction for picking off.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I do have to say slipping riddler goons in amongst the gun goons in an area is really devious for upping difficulty a little bit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I find myself randomly scanning cool looking things in the environment on the off-chance that it's actually a riddle solution.

One time I was sliding into a random enemy and I accidentally scanned and got a riddle. I couldn't even find what I scanned.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    forty wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    I also tend to finish the last goon on a counter if I can. Sometimes even moving next to a wall or railing for enviromental finish.

I'm pretty sure any goons knocked over the railing in the electrified floor fight in AA died.

You hear a splash, which would indicate that they probably survived.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    Guys some riddler help please?

Just after the museum and into the tunnel.
    It's likes a riddler puzzle room I suppose and I know I'm missing something obvious.

There is a half open door a pressure plateinside and a question mark on the door, you stand on the plate, which activates the question mark, but if you then batarang that or something the door shuts and you release poisonous gas.

Thanks!
    You need to freeze the gas jets as soon as they start, get the first two sets frozen, then move where they were shooting to freeze the last set. (Dont let the gas hit you at all).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    forty wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

That's just the corpse exploding messily. But then, Batman didn't kill him, the floor did.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Zeromus wrote:
    Oh my Lord
    I am so glad there's a sequence in this game in which Batman beats a shark in the face repeatedly.

yessssss

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    Got to the museum today and was messing around in the Gladiator Pit. Turns out that Batman can even catch electrified batarangs. Sparks just fly off his glove for a few seconds, no big deal.

• Options
    KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    Slortex wrote:
    Got to the museum today and was messing around in the Gladiator Pit. Turns out that Batman can even catch electrified batarangs. Sparks just fly off his glove for a few seconds, no big deal.

Wait, what? Electrified batarang? I just got to the museum last night.

Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Wishpig wrote:
    Does anyone actually use items in combat for any real reason besides the fact it "looks" cool. I find simply punching a dodging is so much easier and just as efficient (if not more efficient as most quick items leave you temporarily helpless) as trying to mix up shit with items with one exception...

I occasionally use explosive gel to stun dudes with knives.
    Lars wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    It's a bottle monocle because that's the best he could get in Arkham City.
    And I think that's a voice box in his throat.

Actually, I think...(early-ish sidequest spoiler)
    ...someone jammed that bottle into his eye. When during the Zsasz sidequest, he mentions early on something about playing cards with the Penguin "Back before he accident, when he still had two eyes." Of course, Penguin still blinks his bottle eye in cutscenes, so the eye is still there so don't know how accurate Zsasz is. After hearing that I was assuming that at some point we'd find out who jammed the bottle in his eye.

You're right, the devs said it was too dangerous to remove, but he actually kind of likes it.
    I think one of the stories you can unlock notes that Penguin was having a man tortured in view of everyone, and the man's friend broke the bottle and jammed it into Penguin's face. The two were dragged to the torture rooms in the back and Penguin went on to visit the best doctors that money could buy, but they all said it would likely kill him if removed. Though they do not elaborate on the identity of either of the men if I recall.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    The ice gadget is pretty useful for putting gun/armor dudes out of commission for a few seconds in some of the harder fights. The problem is remembering all the button combos for the quickfire stuff. I've got two or three memorized (due to boss fights and sheer usefulness), but hell if I remember the rest of them when I'm trying to concentrate on counters and dodging.

Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I frequently get my combo moves all mixed up in my head. My most common mistake is trying to do a ground takedown when I meant to do the basic unblockable Y+B takedown.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    phone call sidequest:
    I'm in Zsasz's hideout and I seem to be stuck. I crawled around that hole with the water coming and going, but now I'm staring at an anchor in the wall and I don't seem to have anything to do to it except...yank on it with the Batclaw? Which does nothing.

• Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    phone call sidequest:
    I'm in Zsasz's hideout and I seem to be stuck. I crawled around that hole with the water coming and going, but now I'm staring at an anchor in the wall and I don't seem to have anything to do to it except...yank on it with the Batclaw? Which does nothing.
    I used the grapple line thing. You can fire it off in mid air to make the turn.

XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    phone call sidequest:
    use the ice bomb to make an ice block in the water, then use the anchor to pull yourself to the ledge.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    I have a fit test in an hour and then I get to play some more Batman.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna be Batman at my fit-test. Gonna score triple bats on it. I hope I don't get fired for punching people in the face though.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Are Riddler puzzles the only way to unlock the challenge maps?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    robin's quick-zip with batclaw should be a move every character has

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Can this be Rocksteady's next game? PLEASE?
    354_Batman_Vs_Aliens_II.jpg

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Can this be Rocksteady's next game? PLEASE?
    354_Batman_Vs_Aliens_II.jpg
    best predator sequence

he's coming out of the goddamn walls

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

That's just the corpse exploding messily. But then, Batman didn't kill him, the floor did.

Well, I always chalked up Batman's One Rule to that he won't kill anyone on purpose.

How many times has he knocked Joker into a cliff or left him behind while a building blows up and secretly hopes "man I hope that killed him"?

• Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    Kuratosu wrote:
    Slortex wrote:

Wait, what? Electrified batarang? I just got to the museum last night.

Minor environment related spoilers:
    In the Gladiator Pit room, in order to open the central gate, you have to electrify a remote batarang by throwing it through some electricity arcs. You can also direct the electrified batarang back at yourself and Batman will catch it like any other. I'm not sure if there are other areas that this works in.

• Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    i love that in the dini-verse, batman and freeze are totally cool with each other except for when freeze goes off the deep end and batman beats the shit out of him to bring him back

• Options
    edited October 2011
    i love that in the dini-verse, batman and freeze are totally cool with each other except for when freeze goes off the deep end and batman beats the shit out of him to bring him back

Same thing applies to Penguin, actually...he even goes (kind of) straight in the revamp season.

In this game, he's only slightly below Joker as a Complete Monster...heck, maybe even worse, if you buy that Joker is insane.

Speaking of which, a recent Robot Chicken sketch showed how easy the Joker situation could be resolved legally if anyone bothered to actually deliver clear-cut testimony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfH3bDPNGHw&hd=1

The whole "being legally insane gives me a free pass" angle is comic book logic that simply doesn't fly with me anymore.

Edit: DO NOT READ THE YOUTUBE COMMENTS

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    hrrmm, is there a way for catwoman to break breakable walls or does batman have to do it for her?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

I think he's killed plenty of them, I mean sure it says "unconcious" but the other goons can't get them back up? Yeah batman's killing them and the batcomputer is lying to him to make him feel better.

Also I like how the predator sections work now, you can really get the goons worked up. I had one this morning where there were two dudes left and one of them refused to be next to the other because he was only out for himself. Delicious.

Earlier today I had a goon start freaking out over the body of his downed comrade. I think it was because I grabbed him when they were nearly back to back.

He just kneeled over him and started shouting at him to wake up and wouldn't leave the body.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Preacher wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

I think he's killed plenty of them, I mean sure it says "unconcious" but the other goons can't get them back up? Yeah batman's killing them and the batcomputer is lying to him to make him feel better.

Also I like how the predator sections work now, you can really get the goons worked up. I had one this morning where there were two dudes left and one of them refused to be next to the other because he was only out for himself. Delicious.

Earlier today I had a goon start freaking out over the body of his downed comrade. I think it was because I grabbed him when they were nearly back to back.

He just kneeled over him and started shouting at him to wake up and wouldn't leave the body.

You ewok'd that guy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    hrrmm, is there a way for catwoman to break breakable walls or does batman have to do it for her?

Catwoman can do breakable walls by flipping into them, I believe. Ones that are off the ground have to be done by Batman's glide, though.

• Options

Catwoman can do breakable walls by flipping into them, I believe. Ones that are off the ground have to be done by Batman's glide, though.

how do you do a flip? Like a dodge or ?

• Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular

how do you do a flip? Like a dodge or ?

Yeah, a dodge.

Wait, just realized you were talking about concrete walls that have to be exploded. In which case, no, Batman has to clear those out first. The flimsy wooden barriers can be taken out by Catwoman, though. Sorry.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    What am I earning for interrogating these Riddler goons who are mixing in with the random groups exactly? I just get a message like "Riddler Secrets Revealed, Courthouse" but I don't know what that means.

• Options
    Allforce wrote:
    What am I earning for interrogating these Riddler goons who are mixing in with the random groups exactly? I just get a message like "Riddler Secrets Revealed, Courthouse" but I don't know what that means.

Paints riddle and trophies on the map I think?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah, they're basically the equivalent of finding the riddle maps from Arkham Asylum. Except I don't think they reveal as much. Or perhaps they do reveal as much, it's just that there's so much more to find.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    The Riddler goons are basically the maps from AA.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options

Heres a little fantasy idea about how some add on content or another sequel could work. (Heavy spoilers based on the ending).
    Harley Quinn is revealed as having cut a gash on one side of her mouth up the side of her cheek kinda like the Ledger joker, the other side has a gash going downward...shes dyed her skin white, shes completely joker-level insane now.

• Options
    I don't think there's any way I'm going to finish this game before I leave to visit my fiancee tomorrow, which means I'll not be able to play it again until Tuesday. :(

• Options
    WappaduWappadu Registered User regular
    Is one Riddler goon interrogation enough to reveal an entire area, or does each one have limited information on trophy locations?

I've noticed getting the same map updated ________ and wondered if I'm wasting my time with some of those guys. Given how many trophies I have yet to find, I've been leaning towards the latter.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    So I was doing the Catwoman episodes....
    And I chose to bail and leave batman. Game ends right there. Best ending ever over the radio during the credits

This discussion has been closed.