As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Wars 2

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    cobblestone towers are shitty? :(

Real men build out of smoothstone and sandstone.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    cobblestone towers are shitty? :(

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Okay, I'm going to stop you right now Pony.

Because our server is pretty exclusively people going off into the wilderness and building shitty towers out of cobble.

You are never around! Look at the map, there's an extensive series of roads and houses lining spawn, complete with quarries and stuff. I generally build stuff with a group of friends from college but I take time to play with other people too.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    desc wrote:
    When you said subways I thought of the sandwich shop. :(

Do you want the six inch block sandwich or the footlong?

brb building 20 identical buildings on dk's server

Whats the special today? Awww shucks, foot long me.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I've fucked off to several different kinds of nowhere so far

or, not really nowhere though, just far enough from the nearest neighbour so that it doesn't feel crowded

ftOqU21.png
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    i find it hilarious that RealID was the point you realized Blizzard is a soul-less megacorp

like that it didn't happen before

it took RealID

it makes me laugh

There's a bit of cognitive dissonance with companies people like. "I like company x, so they can't be bad." It's certainly not an intentional thought process, and I'm guilty of it, too. It's surprisingly common!

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    We sort of have an ad-hoc network. There is a cluster of people building near spawn connected by roads, some people in far-flung places, lots of transit. Some people play in smaller groups of 3 or 4 and cooperate on stuff, some build off on their own. There's no structure really enforced.

see that sounds more like my kind of scene

none of this "excuse me sir i find your building to be two blocks higher than the height limitations for this zone please be advised it needs to be rectified, also your roof is made of wood instead of the accepted building standard of smoothstone half-blocks and that must be corrected"

yeah great now your town looks like a bunch of samey bullshit with no vibrance and everyone who wants to build something not like that goes somewhere else, but never the same direction for two people

ugh

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Winky wrote:

Because our server is pretty exclusively people going off into the wilderness and building shitty towers out of cobble.

it... isn't, really

i mean, some of us throw up sloppy shit while exploring... or have split-off projects after a while, like dk's atlantis or my sky farm

but me, dk, vh, ares, chanus, and others are all connected and in walking distance

and even people like you and sarksus are still only like a 3 minute run and very centralized with rail or road

wilderness-wanderers are probably the minority, i'd say

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:

You are never around! Look at the map, there's an extensive series of roads and houses lining spawn, complete with quarries and stuff. I generally build stuff with a group of friends from college but I take time to play with other people too.

You're right, I should come back and make something even more impressive and innovative than my lava diamond.

Winky wrote:

dk do you have a rendered map of your server?

dk took me on as an indentured servant, got me valuable experience and a good startup supply of materials

he really gives back to his community

Pony wrote:
    Winky wrote:

http://router7.selfip.net/map/

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The wilderness wanderers are actually slowly being killed by the Nothing

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    I bet the problem is that winky's diamond finally burned down the whole world

I like living at the edge of civilization

I have a substantial swim and then railride back to civilization but that's how I like it

I like my views
    Pony wrote:
    Winky wrote:

http://router7.selfip.net/map

he's got this shit instead

ftOqU21.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    Winky wrote:

It's updating right at this minute so parts might look weird, but http://router7.selfip.net/map/

If you zoom in really far, give it a minute sitting at a white screen to send you the pieces. I gave the map server low priority to keep the game running smoothly.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I have been in a grumpy ass mood all day

hrumph :(

see, that looks like my kind of place

also

you guys are using 1.8, right, not some weird rollback or whatever?

Pony wrote:

also

oh yeah 1.8

by the way, DK, you're gonna update to 1.9 when it hits, right?

me and daxon have so many plans for whem 1.9 hits

ftOqU21.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

huuuuuuuuuuugs

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I have no idea what I am looking at on that map.

I see grass, trees, water... sand?... and big ass holes in the map?

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    the craziest structure I ever built in minecraft was like a 10x10 mini fort with walls like 6 stones high

I'm like some failed civilization lost entirely to history amidst the pyramids and the parthenon

Nerdgasmic wrote:
    I bet the problem is that winky's diamond finally burned down the whole world

That lava diamond was a nightmare. County inspector came out, took one look at a giant lava diamond and was like... NOPE.

also, man, I really need to finish that bloody estate. It's a disgrace.

ftOqU21.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    so many trees must have died for that road

he's using regular wood for everything

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Aw man I was hoping I'd like Dungeon Defender. But I do not.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    darnit, the map still doesn't reflect my pathetic hovel.

MyDcmbr wrote:
    I have no idea what I am looking at on that map.

I see grass, trees, water... sand?... and big ass holes in the map?

the holes are where no-ones been yet

map hasn't been generated

zoom in on the little people that's where the structures are

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:

also

oh yeah 1.8

I update only to official stable releases, so we will run 1.8.1 until a new client gets pushed out automatically. Not doing any of this prerelease business. In that sense, we probably won't be doing 1.9, since notch announced no more official releases until 11-11-11.

Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:

also

oh yeah 1.8

I update only to official stable releases, so we will run 1.8.1 until a new client gets pushed out automatically. Not doing any of this prerelease business. In that sense, we probably won't be doing 1.9, since notch announced no more official releases until 11-11-11.

oh

1.9 is nothing but pre-releases

damn. So much wonderful stuff in there.

ftOqU21.png
    by the way, anyone here built the huge glass tower in the lake by spawntown?

ftOqU21.png
    heeee doctor came and palpated my gut for a few minutes, checking the level of distention

said i might get to go home tomorrow with tablet antibiotics :D

where's the wood road? I only know about the stone road and the sand road

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I tried Minecraft, but there are no win conditions and no achievements, so I don't understand what I get out of it.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

huuuuuuuuuuugs

:D

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I want a ninja turtle minecraft skin.

*google*

That was easy.

Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:

also

oh yeah 1.8

question re: that

the new Minecraft is gonna fuck up your map, dogg

you may want to consider asking people if they'd be comfortable starting over

because the rendering code for 1.9 is completely different and is only getting more different from there

so i mean, you will be able to play a 1.8 map with whatever gets released on 11-11-11 but all the new chunks will be fucked up

Abdhyius wrote:
    by the way, anyone here built the huge glass tower in the lake by spawntown?

yo

I feel like expanding passer's village

lovely houses

ftOqU21.png
    oh, the wider tower over in the lake

that's vh's

This discussion has been closed.