As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Wars 2

1808182838486»

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    I wish Blizzard sold the USB drive versions of Starcraft and Diablo 2 separately, rather than making them exclusively for the collector's editions of new games.

Because I'd like to dick around with Starcraft 1 on my netbook, and a cool-looking USB drive would be a fun way to do that, but not $100 dollars worth of fun, thank you very much.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    by the way, anyone here built the huge glass tower in the lake by spawntown?

yo

it's kinda ugly

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    real men make their own skin

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    by the way, anyone here built the huge glass tower in the lake by spawntown?

yo

it's kinda ugly

you are ugly

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:
    I feel like expanding passer's village

lovely houses

I'm building a wall around that village and the entire area. It's uncivilized! I'm going to tame the wilderness.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Or peel it off other... creatures.

• Options
    if we do start over, let's do something really cool and collaborative

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    if we do start over, let's do something really cool and collaborative

I'm all for starting over actually because there's so much cool terrain stuff coming

and yeah

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    I feel like expanding passer's village

lovely houses

I'm building a wall around that village and the entire area. It's uncivilized! I'm going to tame the wilderness.

Mine man's burden.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    I wish Blizzard sold the USB drive versions of Starcraft and Diablo 2 separately, rather than making them exclusively for the collector's editions of new games.

Because I'd like to dick around with Starcraft 1 on my netbook, and a cool-looking USB drive would be a fun way to do that, but not $100 dollars worth of fun, thank you very much.

Well, if you have Starcraft 1, you can just associate it with your Battle.net account and download the game client.

If you don't have it, you can buy it pretty cheap and download the game client.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Pony wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    see, that looks like my kind of place

also

you guys are using 1.8, right, not some weird rollback or whatever?

oh yeah 1.8

by the way, DK, you're gonna update to 1.9 when it hits, right?

me and daxon have so many plans for whem 1.9 hits

I update only to official stable releases, so we will run 1.8.1 until a new client gets pushed out automatically. Not doing any of this prerelease business. In that sense, we probably won't be doing 1.9, since notch announced no more official releases until 11-11-11.

question re: that

the new Minecraft is gonna fuck up your map, dogg

you may want to consider asking people if they'd be comfortable starting over

because the rendering code for 1.9 is completely different and is only getting more different from there

so i mean, you will be able to play a 1.8 map with whatever gets released on 11-11-11 but all the new chunks will be fucked up

Yeah, it's happened before back on the old server. I'm ok with that, I have an upgrade plan involving a map editor to generate the holes in the middle and smooth out the rough edges. It's a shame we'll have to explore really far for the new structures like populated towns and fortresses, etc, but it'll be nicer than totally starting over. Nether rails help a lot.

I'm not all that attached to my stuff. I'm always building new bases everywhere I find cool geography, so exploring far away will even be fun.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So we went to a mexican restaurant last night. I got a side of refried beans, a small bowl of guacamole, and some cheese dip. I ate that for dinner. Mind you, about 4 tablespoons of each, slowly, over an hour.

It was amazing. The queso alone brought me close to tears. I also started making my protein shakes with milk yesterday finally.

I'm not lactose intolerant. I've beaten one of the biggest side effects of my surgery.

Ludious on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Hrm. BF3 isn't going to be on Steam either which is a deal breaker. Which sucks too cause I love Battlefield multiplayer.

I am bereft of a game I actually want.

• Options
    get it on the xbox, quid

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's a shame about BF3. I hope EA not putting BF3 on steam is a noticeable income stall for them. Probably won't be. BF3 is too big to fail. But I won't sacrifice my morals for it.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    ludious how much weight have you lost since you started the protein regime prior to the surgery?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Quid.

241967029_3V9PQ-L-2.jpg

One of my favorites.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.