As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MSPA: THREAD BORKED, PARADOX SPACE TO BLAME

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    also
    jade is finally truly a furry now and forever

am i the only one who thought that was unnecessary

no, and it didn't help that she was the worst-drawn part of the flash

it was kind of like watching a diehard fan forcibly insert his boner into homestuck

yes thank you my thoughts exactly

anyway cool flash.

now, are all the kids and trolls (minus god tier aradia/dave/rose) in the same universe or what

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    also OMG

414901221-1.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I liked Davesprite in the flash. He looked really puzzled by Jade's actions.

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Garthor wrote:
    Anyway, there's one thing that bothered me about the flash:
    I felt that there was far too much Flash character posing going on. It just felt incredibly low-quality, because Hussie is not a professional animator. I felt he should've tried to play to his strengths - namely, static images - better.

The issue is that a lot of the animation is essentially... flat. Limbs rotating around joints at a constant rate, with none of the detail that makes an animation feel real. So, the animated bits make the characters seem even less lifelike. And I recognize that doing a high-quality animation requires a LOT of work, so I'm not saying "OH MY GAWD HUSSIE YOU OWE US MORE", but that it might have looked better with either more still bits, or more restricted viewpoints.

I dunno, I'm not an animator either, I just know that a lot of it really screamed "FLASH ANIMATION" to me.

Still catching up with this thread but, yes, agreed, and thank you. I couldn't quite place what felt off with Jade's scenes, but that's exactly what it was.

(That's not to say it wasn't awesome, regardless.)

iwantanswers3.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    also

it was kind of like watching a diehard fan forcibly insert his boner into homestuck

anyway cool flash.

now, are all the kids and trolls (minus god tier aradia/dave/rose) in the same universe or what
    Not.... quite. All the trolls fled to the Green Sun to join Aradia, Dave, Rose, and Sollux. John and Jade broke the 4th wall into another universe.

I think I will watch one more time and go to bed.

Tonight, I think a fully cross-referenced version is in order. Yes, that sounds appropriate.

fleeing to the same place where a climatic battle between Bec Noir and... Bec Mendicant? is about to take place? yeah I'm thinking more deaths are coming up

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    20912.jpg

The universal rule is still in effect: a surly black man in the background of constuck photos.

VRXwDW7.png
    also, about the troll universe
    what happened to Alternia and its moons? destroyed as well? I can't remember and I don't feel like watching the whole video again to find out.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    what happened to Alternia and its moons? destroyed as well? I can't remember and I don't feel like watching the whole video again to find out.
    Yes, the Alternia universe was destroyed.

Meanwhile, the Scratch seemed to mean the end of the Kids' universe, as well.

The end of both universes is what enabled the tumor, which seemed to be a sort of cosmic paradox cloning machine, to create paradox duplicates of both universes, and use the combined matter to make The Green Sun.

I believe someone pointed out that Doc Scratch had mentioned that the green sun's mass was actually equal to the combined mass of both universes. We just didn't know until now that it was literally made from them both.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    Slick shot Snowman, destroying the universe. Alternia is gone, as well as the universe it was in.

ASimPerson wrote:
    So is Jade dying going to be a running feature of EOA flashes now, or...?

pfffffff, no
    this time, she died before the flash

idiot

iwantanswers3.png
    Larlar wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:
    So is Jade dying going to be a running feature of EOA flashes now, or...?

pfffffff, no
    this time, she died before the flash

idiot

Close enough!

• ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    I found Jade's dog ears to be an amusing fake-out. The first thing I thought was "Is Jade a Troll?!!" when I saw the horn-hole button on her hood. Then the furry reality was revealed!

Dave and Jade had sprites to take them to god-tier just like Aradia did, but what about Rose? I'm guessing the second path to god-tier will be revealed soon.

Also, Miss 8-ball has slightly greenish blue blood. I'm looking forward to the explanation of this.

CYDUJ.jpg
    Goatmon wrote:
    Yes, the Alternia universe was destroyed.

Meanwhile, the Scratch seemed to mean the end of the Kids' universe, as well.

The end of both universes is what enabled the tumor, which seemed to be a sort of cosmic paradox cloning machine, to create paradox duplicates of both universes, and use the combined matter to make The Green Sun.

I believe someone pointed out that Doc Scratch had mentioned that the green sun's mass was actually equal to the combined mass of both universes. We just didn't know until now that it was literally made from them both.
    Jack's RED MILES destroy the Kids' universe - he's attacking the instance of Billious Slick that exists in the Troll's Incipishere

The Scratch only resets the game session. Presumably, this will mean a new instance of the Kids' universe.

The last two sentences are right, I believe.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Postal worker vs. Dog.

Sorry if it's already been pointed out in the thread, I personally just realized it.

ZapRat wrote:
    Dave and Jade had sprites to take them to god-tier just like Aradia did, but what about Rose? I'm guessing the second path to god-tier will be revealed soon.

?

The Dave and Rose that ascended were both the dream versions of themselves from the alpha timeline. Both of them and Aradia used the "second path" to god tier - via their dream selves being destroyed on their quest beds on Derse's moon.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote:
    Postal worker vs. Dog.

Sorry if it's already been pointed out in the thread, I personally just realized it.

Hahaha

Absalon wrote:
    Postal worker vs. Dog.

Yeah but now she's part dog too!

Fake speculation: the inner conflict will cause PM to explode and take Jack with her.

Dammit, I'm too excited to sleep now.

ASimPerson wrote:
    u63r wrote:
    Duke 2.0 wrote:
    so they're ectobiologizing two universes together to make... a third?

It's kinda weird. It seems alchemizing universes needs dead or dying universes. Different kind of ghost slime I guess. It makes sense when you remember that the Green Sun is about twice the mass of the kids universe, hinting that it was made with two universes.
    Going by the frog-breeding logic

you have to use dying universes in ectobiology. Otherwise, they'd be able to just teleport their universes to the point of the tumor. Using universes that are doomed means that they can harvest paradox slime from them.
    what colour is paradox slime
    donotwantfringeolivia.jpg
    Son of a gun.

In addition
    Green is color that represents this Act 6.

And in [ S] Seer: Descend (not to toot my own horn, but: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20902854#Comment_20902854), Rose goes through the 4 red curtains, 1 blue one, another red one, and then a teleportalizer on a beat mesa.

After that, there is a corridor with 6 green curtains and the last one is closed.

This is by far the most interesting EOA-spawned conversation yet in here. I didn't even consider...ahhh, that's crazy. So cool.

iwantanswers3.png
    I'm so glad I was able to watch it once before leaving for work, even if it was rushed.

iwantanswers3.png
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    also

anyway cool flash.

Lexxy drew the Jade assets.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Was every instance of Jade by her? I don't think they mean the Lexxarts

but more importantly

do you guys know what this flash was completely missing
    Vrika

wait, no

Varisket

...Visky?

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    So, I guess PM is slighty cross

The motion tween limbs are still under the realm of Lexxy I think? She did mention they they were a sort of rushed asset.

VRXwDW7.png
    It is too late I am telling even as we speak

edited October 2011
    Larlar wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    also

anyway cool flash.

Lexxy drew the Jade assets.

Yeah, it wasn't the static art that I found jarring after all. I internally retracted that statement when I agreed with Garthor higher up on this page about the flash motion. Especially the movement of the eyes.

Sorry, Lexxy...wherever you are.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    Seriously wrote:
    zrmFD.jpg

EDIT: in my folder it is a chrome html document

SON OF EDIT: oh okay
    Hmm, greenish complexion, striped stockings, red slippers, black outfit. Yes! Jade is the Wicked Witch of the West! Ready to join Captain Hook, Captain Ahab, Peter Pan, and Tick-Tock Croc in the pantheon of Homestuck literary references. Except she's not wicked. Hussie was always one for trope subversion.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Jade is Lord English.

broken image link
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Jade is Lord English.

Not... Impossible.

Absalon on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    uh

jade is actually the witch of the east

Seriously wrote:
    but more importantly

do you guys know what this flash was completely missing
    Vrika

wait, no

Varisket

...Visky?
    There were an 8-balls, a pop-o-matic hammer, and blue blood, so she was gone, but certainly not forgotten. Except possibly by someone with a bad memory. Siegmund Freud theorized that stressful memories can be repressed to preserve sanity.

CYDUJ.jpg
    edited October 2011
    I think Sn0wman was the god-frog of the trolls universe. She bled the blood of her universe and you could see galaxies in her heart. Her star theme in her clothes is similar to the one the frog had. It also provides an interesting dualism: As a queen she could not bear wearing the ring prototyped with a frog, but in the end she became it. It explains her power over space in that universe and why nobody wanted to kill her.

xpLY1.png

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
    Beasteh wrote:
    uh

jade is actually the witch of the east

Yeah, you're right, the Witch of the West didn't have Ruby Slippers.
    Of course Jade wasn't killed by a tornado, unless you count the carelessness of her tornado-wielding friend with respect to his supply of shaving cream.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    So I can't see the Bullet from Scratch's Gun, and therefore Scratch himself, as anything other than a Giant Kool Mint anymore.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    this comic is bonkers

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh dang it's here huh

well, guess i'll get to see it after class then

uc3ufTB.png
This discussion has been closed.