As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starcraft 2] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

1939495969799»

• SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yes, you would. That's the point. You're not reinstalling anything.

If you just want the OS, then tough luck, you should have been installing stuff to a separate partition then :P

For removing stuff from the old drive: format it.

Seguer on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    Cantido wrote:
    Watch the HuskyStarcraft videos, then go to the TeamLiquid Wiki and look at the different race builds. Learn just one, and how to make it as fast as you can.

I learned to get fast by memorizing MMM (Marine Marauder Medivac) then learned other builds, then moved on to Zerg, then Protoss last.

thank you will do!

Ah, I missed some important details:

1. Go into the options, turn on the building grid and the hotkey displays. This helps building of structures properly, and the memorization of unit building and micro commands. (It puts a letter beside every unit and ability in a non-intrusive way)

2. The Challenges. The first three are Rock Paper Scissors tedium, but they are important. Nearly all the others are a hilarious good time, such as controlling some ghosts with a ton of nukes or commanding a huge Protoss army with nothing but hotkeys, or using a gang of Intestors to make Terrans kill each other. Watch Youtube videos of how to get the Gold on each challenge, and try to at least get Bronze in each.

3. As the OP says, skip the Practice league, do you best and spend your first season in Bronze. The next season starts...like...tomorrow. And seasons have been shortened to two months, which is more than enough time to be ready for Gold (or better, from my noob understanding)

4. Command grouping your units is advanced. Command grouping your buildings on the other hand, is a standard. LEARN THIS so you can build things without looking at your base first. First you assign your first base to 1. Then if you make two Barracks, you hold Shift and click on one to highlight both, then press Ctrl 2 to assign them both to the 2 key. You are now macroing.

Starting with MMM, unfortunately, is a win button at the moment:

vid

Holy crap those challenges are actually hard :(

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    it took me a while to get Gold on a few of them.

I think the Terran one with the ghosts and ravens took me a few goes, because I don't normally use the units. Same with the infestor/roach one.

The Protoss one with the hotkeys though was pretty simple - though it would be very tricky if unused to playing with hotkeys

the unit counter ones are actually quite fun though - its fun looking at different ways to do it by mixing and matching.

For example in one of the missions they give you some zealots, a sentry, five colossus and some stalker.s You're *supposed* to send the stalkers to beat the hellions, the colossus to beat the marines, and the zealots + sentry to beat the marauder ball. What I did instead was send only two colossus to the marines, three colossus and the zealots + sentry to the marauders, and the stalkers to the hellions. That way I lost no zealots to the marauders because they died much more quickly, and I was still able to micro the two colossus to kill all the marines still.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Seguer wrote:

If you just want the OS, then tough luck, you should have been installing stuff to a separate partition then :P

See how much fuss all that shit is? I don't want to lose my data, I just want to take my OS install, put it on an SSD for superfast superspeedy OS-ness, then have my other drive as a data drive only. And if I can't do that then I will just take my basketball and go home.

Well anyway, a dual-monitor setup comes first. Although, my current monitor is 1900x1200 and it would offend my OCD to get a monitor that is 1900x1080 so I have to try to find a 1900x1200 second 24" monitor.

Dhalphir wrote:
    Seguer wrote:

See how much fuss all that shit is? I don't want to lose my data, I just want to take my OS install, put it on an SSD for superfast superspeedy OS-ness, then have my other drive as a data drive only. And if I can't do that then I will just take my basketball and go home.

Well anyway, a dual-monitor setup comes first. Although, my current monitor is 1900x1200 and it would offend my OCD to get a monitor that is 1900x1080 so I have to try to find a 1900x1200 second 24" monitor.

You can do that.

You just can't do it after the fact.

If you start fresh now then you can set that up exactly as you want - OS on SSD, Data on another drive.

edited October 2011
    Yes but I don't want to have to do anything. I think you underestimate how lazy I am when it comes to doing anything with the workings of my PC. I just wanna buy the SSD, and then do the equivalent of drag+drop my OS onto the SSD, and have that be it. You have been no help at all :P

hell, when I bought my graphics card a few months ago I didn't even bother doing the installation myself - they offered to do it for $10 and I took them up on it. I mean sure, a gfx card is easy to install, but if anything goes wrong I don't want to be the one spending an hour or more hunting down driver revisions etc to make it work.

Dhalphir on
    So basically, Trollphir

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure this is at least the third time I've seen this exact conversation between you two.

"Blah computer stuff help me blah"
    "Oh that's simple you just etc etc!"
    "Yes but *trollface*"

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Look its not my fault Seguer presents himself as a computer wizard and then cannot perform wizardry.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
This discussion has been closed.