As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: my tenuous grasp on the mspa thread is nearing its end

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    You don't understand the magnitude of this question

people could die

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Jade's Dog Ears are the new Clock.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Can anyone link me to when the midnight crew (I think that's what it was called, where everything went all black for a while)? That's where I stopped reading, and I'd kinda like to pick it back up.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Are you guys ready? This is probably going to be it. Hussie looks like he's going to do his own rundown of [ S]: Cascade.

But, hey, someone's going to need to do a recap in light of everything we just learned right? And imagine what else we'll know near the end of Act 6?

And when you want half-remembered occasionally drunk "summaries", I will still be here.

Waiting.

Okay, enough with the melodramatic shit. Let's do this.

Insert disc 2.
    Leads directly into:
    [ S] Attempt rare and highly dangerous 5x SHOWDOWN COMBO.
    We get a quick montage of our remaining non-Aradia trolls (Karkat, Kanaya, Sollux, Terezi, and, of course, Gamzee) and their ancestors. However, instead of attacking Gamzee, Karkat calms each remaining troll, and then...
    04083.gif
    Pap.

Shoosh.

04090.gif

04092.gif 04093_2.gif
    And the Knight of Blood so embraced the Bard of Rage, and in each other's arms they were aquiver. And with righteous pap and blessed shoosh he did quell his brother's fury. For the Knight looked upon his Bard all acting up and completely losing his shit and he did resolve to calmeth his juggalo ass right the fuck down. And so calmed down his juggalo ass was and would continueth to be for all time. And the Knight in totally settling a murderous clown's ludicrous shit down proper said, Let there be Moirallegiance: and it was so. And between moirails would flow bounteous mirth, and they did hug bumpeth plentifully, and honks of reconciliation echoed far and true into the darkness upon the face of the deep.

04095.gif

Nearly three weeks pass...
    We are then refused a recap.
    And given a link to Jailbreak.

And now I will wait another two months.

Nah, just kidding.
    Also, please excuse my vanity, but my relentless Drunkstucking on the Final Day of the wait allowed me this: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20914460#Comment_20914460
    8-) (Also have to love that thread looping back onto itself on page 87. THE POSTS ARE ALREADY HERE.)

Okay, seriously, we got a dancing Courtyard Droll to get to here.
    CG: I GUESS I SHOULD SAY...
    CG: SINCE APPARENTLY MY GUTLESS FUTURE SELF CAN'T EXPRESS HIMSELF AND NEVER GOT AROUND TO SAYING SO
    CG: THUS LEAVING IT UP TO ME AS USUAL
    CG: TO SAY
    CG: THAT
    GG: oh sorry!
    GG: i was distracted

CG: OH
    GG: no not by all the scratchy stuff in the sky
    GG: theres something coming down...

CG: WHAT
    Dammit Karkat, you can't leave us hanging like this! This is the second time! (This was the first.)

04099_2.gif
    04100_2.gif
    GG: shaving cream?

04101_2.gif
    And thus, we finally get to see the end to all the timeline shenanigans. Well, at least these ones.

04102_3.gif
    04103_2.gif
    WHO KNEW SHAV--- oh screw it.
    04103_4.gif

04104_3.gif
    OH SHIT
    Er, wait, why would a major character die in such a stupid way? And don't go citing trolls at me.

04105_1.gif
    04105_2.gif
    > [ S] Cascade.

And that's probably all for now, folks! Thanks for reading, I hope if nothing else maybe this helped you remember or learn something about Homestuck.

The index follows:

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Can anyone link me to when the midnight crew (I think that's what it was called, where everything went all black for a while)? That's where I stopped reading, and I'd kinda like to pick it back up.

You mean... the Intermission?
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003054

• Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote:
    Dammit Lexxy isn't here anymore I needed to ask her an important question.

Does Jade still have human ears, and if so, how are her glasses staying up?

Hm.... I dunno! When I give characters cat ears, I always hid their natural ears since I thought it looked kind of weird/cluttered to have both (also nonsensical). I'll probably never draw her with both, regardless, but that's something you'd have to ask Andrew.

Someone observed earlier that Vriska only has her wings when she's wearing her godtier outfit, so maybe Jade only has hers under the same circumstances, but since godtier Jade is actually post-sprite prototyped dream Jade, her unrelated combination with Bec might have a more permanent consequence?

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Lexxy I've been seeing people freak out about your Homestuck art on Tumblr

Some people don't even read it, they just think you draw dope shit.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Yeah, the troll wings seem to work but they also seem to be part of the outfit.

Whereas we've only seen one troll with naturally gifted wings:
    03755.gif

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Lexxy wrote:
    Duke 2.0 wrote:

Hm.... I dunno! When I give characters cat ears, I always hid their natural ears since I thought it looked kind of weird/cluttered to have both (also nonsensical). I'll probably never draw her with both, regardless, but that's something you'd have to ask Andrew.

Someone observed earlier that Vriska only has her wings when she's wearing her godtier outfit, so maybe Jade only has hers under the same circumstances, but since godtier Jade is actually post-sprite prototyped dream Jade, her unrelated combination with Bec might have a more permanent consequence?

Yeah, I keep pointing out that Dream Vriska didn't have wings before. Dream Jade already had ears.

I guess it's possible that they're just decorative, underneath the hood? But at this point I would only expect something like that as a joke by Hussie just to mess with us. Which is entirely possible.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Duke 2.0 wrote:

Lexxy wrote:
    2qi9zpv.jpg

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Did Jade even have ears before she went dogtier

did any of them

• Options
    Seriously wrote:

did any of them
    02817.gif

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Seriously wrote:

did any of them
    02817.gif

And, more specifically:
    02856.gif

However, I am pretty sure we have never canonically seen ears on a troll.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I would be more concerned about people discussing the canonicity of ears in Homestuck but it is late and I want to go to bed but I still have work to finish.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Baidol wrote:
    I would be more concerned about people discussing the canonicity of ears in Homestuck but it is late and I want to go to bed but I still have work to finish.

Troll ears is just one of my things. I didn't claim it was rational.

Though I guess a similar argument could be applied to that since Sollux, Equius, and Vriska wear glasses.

• Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    Lexxy I've been seeing people freak out about your Homestuck art on Tumblr

Some people don't even read it, they just think you draw dope shit.

That's pretty baller! :O

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    For what you put out there, Lexxy, you're entitled to plenty of praise.

I would probably be a complete asshole if I had as many fans as you do. As it is, I only really have a few people doting over what few MSPA videos I put out there and such. And I cling to their praise like a drowning man clings to straw. I am far too lazy to make anything happen beyond that, I think.

Heck, I haven't even really learned how to draw properly. I've been wanting to take a class on that, but I can never get around to it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote:
    Also, after rereading the last couple pages before the flash, I realized I'd completely forgotten that Jade had just completed the genesis frog. Which is now in a volcano. Whoops.

to be fair, that same volcano is now tiny and in jade's hands

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    So in other words, what really happened is Rose and Dave’s journey took them quite a distance through the furthest ring. The longer they traveled, the less reliably you could place them on the timeline. They may have traveled a few miles, while simultaneously wandering millions of years into the future. And after another few miles, may have gone eons into the past, way before the green sun existed. This is in fact what happened. The dark gods helped chart their course through this spacetime maze to deliver them to this location, at this time. Take that for what you will

huh

maybe lord english and the horrorterrors aren't opposed after all

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    So in other words, what really happened is Rose and Dave’s journey took them quite a distance through the furthest ring. The longer they traveled, the less reliably you could place them on the timeline. They may have traveled a few miles, while simultaneously wandering millions of years into the future. And after another few miles, may have gone eons into the past, way before the green sun existed. This is in fact what happened. The dark gods helped chart their course through this spacetime maze to deliver them to this location, at this time. Take that for what you will

huh

Could be, or it could mean something else entirely

I figure it's a safe the horror terrors are not nice though

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

huh

This is what we knew about this situation before the EOA, if you'll allow me to quote myself:
    TT: That I should renounce my "allegiance" before my grimdark corruption is absolute.
    TT: And while I'm at it, I should discard these useless wands, because apparently the power was in my little black heart all along. Is that right?
    Of course, if we all recall how this ends, we know that her corruption is about to become absolute. But what the hell does it mean?

To this point the slim morsels we have been given hint that the Gods of the Furthest Ring oppose Lord English - I think (that is how little we've been given). We know that with Scratch's encouragement Rose looks into the ball and becomes grimdark. We also know this leads her to become almost singlemindly obsessed with fighting Jack, which results in her death. Could it be interpreted as Scratch/English allowing the the Horrortenders a temporary victory to get alive Rose out of the picture, and to facilitate her getting back to Derse to complete the Green Sun mission?

I thought I had also mentioned that I thought they could actually be on the same side.

Of course, then there was also this...
    GG: please dont rose, i know you are angry but you arent thinking straight
    TT: But I am.
    TT: I'm fully aware I'll probably die and fail. Scratch happens, we start fresh. No recollection, no problem.

GG: nooo :(
    Jade, as an ambassador of Skaia, maybe you'd be willing to talk some sense into your friend?
    You should understand she's been corrupted by various entities with some rather questionable motives.
    Says you!

Okay, here we go:
    TT: They are enormous, ugly, and live in darkness.
    TT: That doesn't necessarily make them bad.

GG: no...
    GG: but i still dont trust them!

If only there were a way to make this determination with certainty.
    Through a reliable source within reach, for instance, at this exact moment. Perhaps one that is spherical, and devastatingly handsome.
    This goes back to what I talked about in the last post. Are Scratch and the Dark Ones on the same side, or the former granting the latter a temporary victory?

Well, it certainly seems like we have a better idea now.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Also I feel like you guys need to know Flare, Lotus (Bloom), Cascade (Beta) (it's just more practical), and Carefree Action are becoming my favorite songs on the new album.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    those are some solid picks there

I am also a big fan of black hole green sun

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    I gotta get dem bonus tracks

• Options
    Yeah that too, though I think I like the original better.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I wonder how long it will take for a fart of Jade as Natsuki's avatar from Summer Wars

she also has a godtier

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    7Kcii.jpg

not that long apparently

• Options
    did

did you make that

• Options
    edited October 2011
    don't be stupid

this one's mine

Aip7j.jpg

Seriously on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I don't know, what do we really know about the horrorterrors?

1. They're harboring Lord English's server that runs his ~ATH code out in the furthest ring
    2. They really want Jack dead/want to prevent his creation
    3. They claim they are being slaughtered
    4. They aid Rose and Dave in creating the green sun, which is the power source of Jack and Lord English

Are we perhaps supposed to assume that at some point Jack goes out to the outer ring and starts killing all the horrorterrors?

Also, the troll god was a horrorterror, perhaps we are to believe that it was put in place by Scratch?

Also, they might actually be just kind of dumb animals.

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote:

I like the original so much that it was a shoe in for one of my favorites off this album just by association.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    ASimPerson wrote:

I like the original so much that it was a shoe in for one of my favorites off this album just by association.

Well, that doesn't always work or else I would think every Doctor remix is the best thing since sliced bread.

Though, I did really like Savior of the Dreaming Dead - I almost screamed like a schoolgirl when I heard it start up in the EOA.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    putting up some more of my assets on tumblr

• Options
    man this flash was so good

it was weird how it seemed to be a lot easier to understand than other big flashes despite all the stuff going on

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Winky wrote:
    Also, the troll god was a horrorterror, perhaps we are to believe that it was put in place by Scratch?

Actually...
    I like to think of her as the pet I gave to their race, at the dawning of their species' evolution. Like a sentience-warming gift. Again, it's just the sort of thing a good host does.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005963

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

it was weird how it seemed to be a lot easier to understand than other big flashes despite all the stuff going on

Maybe. But it also made me glad I just reread most of Homestuck.

Quick edit: Actually, the funny thing about my reread is that except for that one gaffe (where I forgot where John got his copy of the Sburb server from) I found I actually remembered acts 1-4 better than I remembered Act 5. And since it had been a few months but I hadn't re-read it I actually really needed a refresher on the post-Disc 1 stuff.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    man

scratch played everyone good

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

Maybe. But it also made me glad I just reread most of Homestuck.

the only thing I really didn't get when I first watched it was that the green sun was made and not destroyed

which is also kind of weird, because it's so obvious

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote:
    don't be stupid

this one's mine

Aip7j.jpg

I am okay with this

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Winky wrote:

Actually...
    I like to think of her as the pet I gave to their race, at the dawning of their species' evolution. Like a sentience-warming gift. Again, it's just the sort of thing a good host does.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005963

This definitely gives the impression that either the horrorterrors are working for Lord English or they are relatively simple creatures that Scratch is having no problem fooling the hell out of. I kind of like the idea of them mostly being dumb animals.

This discussion has been closed.