As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tier 3 Gun Puppies:The Legend of Bullet Helda.[Spiral Knights]

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    So, I started playing again today and I noticed they added some PvP. Checking it out I discovered it's pretty much Bomberman! :rotate: I only played a single match but it was fun as hell, I'm glad I spent so much time as a child beating the shit out of my friends at Bomberman. I guess they're going to add another type of arena gametype too?

JtgVX0H.png
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    They are, but I don't even want to check it out frankly. I like the Bomberman mode because it's some brainless fun in between games, but the new mode sounds way too serious for my liking. Auction House, PvP... I really hope we are done with these player demands now and that they will focus on bringing lots of content for the actual game. The new level type they introduced recently has really strong FF:CC vibes and is very fun, I'd like to see more additions like that.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
    Nah, it's not serious at all. Just jump in, kill dudes and capture points. The three "classes" work well together and they automatically pit you against other people with same tier equipment so you aren't outclassed or anything.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Wonder BreadWonder Bread Registered User regular
    Are any PA'ers still kicking around on here? Could you send my dude Wicked-Rad a guild invite?

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I'm playing this now, finding it fun. Provides somewhat of a D3 fix. Will probably enjoy it for a while more before it starts getting boring. Has there been no new content so far?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    Yeah, they added some new bosses, dungeon area things, two PvP modes and a lot of weapons and armor and such.

JtgVX0H.png
    So it seems like finally some new T3 content is being prepared. I'll start playing a bit again, between new danger rooms and the candlesitck keep there's enough new stuff to make it fun for now.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    Steam trade is so fun.

I traded my free tf2 weapons for tons and tons of crowns

urquanlord88.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Does it still cost 10 mist to go down a level? I started to hate this game during beta for limiting my play time to this extent.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I started playing again after a few months off.

Forgot how much fun this little game is. I'm still in Clawshrimp if everyone moved to a new guild I'll need an invite.

Name: Anonthefelon

Still the same guild, just noone playing.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    Bah, I left the guild because I thought some one started a new one...Invite me!

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I just started this game (for the tf2 hat, like everyone else) but it's a lot of fun!

my character is Baronofbank

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    I think I can invite, Carmofin got me back in and ranked me, not sure what to.

Carmofin, can I convince you to log in and promote me to officer? Since I'm generally pretty active and can invite the few folks who want to join?

Sure, if it gets full dont worry about kicking people who are listed as recruits, we used to put them in a second group, but since noone really plays theres not much of a point now.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    Thanks man, I'm trying to invite people from Steam to get the gas mask, so if anyone wants to at least run through the tutorial for me to get it...let me know before you instal so I can invite you!

Wow, so disapointed...
    I was really looking forward to the new Tier 3 content, but as it seems, the system they created to access it is utter BS.
    Spiral Knights lacks content ALREADY, creating so much new content and making it accessible only for people who pay hundreds of US dollars is completely retarded.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    I have to agree. I'm totally sure it will get changed soon, the uproar is...prodigious.

So we're farming Halloween stuff for some rpetty decent unique masks! If anyone wants to check back into the game nows a good time.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    I'm doing a bit of farming myself for those halloween masks. Invite me, my IGN is UrQuanLord

urquanlord88.png
    Okay, so Shadow keys are up for sale for a limited time. I went ahead and took the energy I inherited from fellow guildies to grab one for the guild, should we ever want to go down that lair.
    I have yet to think about how many I want to get for myself, keep in mind that you can only buy now and that later they may be extremly rare.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    thanks Carmo, logging in to buy some!

I bought a key. I'd buy another but I did not expect it to be 1500 energy a pop. I plan on just holding it for when they become rare again.

Carmo, if you want to make a stab at it, let me know here or via Steam. I finished all my items, so I'm just back in a holding pattern until they open up high level content.

So the shadow key sale has ended... I bought a total of 4 keys, I wonder if I will just end up selling them for ridiculous prices somewhere down the road...

PSN | Steam
    ___
  • Sionnach RuaSionnach Rua FFXIV: Sionnach RuaRegistered User regular
    Anybody still playing this? Just got into a kick to play it recently.

FFXIV Character: Sionnach Rua on Sargantanas. Join us on Ghost in the Linkshell! The company site is: gitl.enjin.com

I just make random noises... mreh
    Still love the game, but since the only new content they provided can only be played by spending a shitload of money per visit I have no incentive whatsoever to log in.
    There haven't been new enemies or areas to keep things interesting for many months now, instead they add more useless stuff that's hard to collect with every update.

PSN | Steam
    ___
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Started playing this yesterday. I am extremely suspicious of games that try to tell me how much I'm allowed to play them per day. I seem to be breaking even about now (I got into Tier 2), making just under enough money to purchase 100 energy with 100 energy's worth of levels (investing $2.50 means I have 650 surplus by that point so I'm set for a while).

Interesting little game, though some of the level stuff was/is confusing. Like, okay, Depth 1 gives shit money and Depth 7 gives good money, but depth 8 (the beginning of Tier 2) resets to complete shit money again? Is the way to maximize cash gains as a newbie to always try and join in-progress stuff so that you have a chance to arrive later in the cash curve?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Oh yes, missions are out! FINALLY a reason to play again, I've missed this game!

PSN | Steam
    ___
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Do they still have the elevator passes for sale? That was the best thing ever.

steam_sig.png
    They do, though I don't get the point of them since elevator fees are neglectable...

The game stopped being free to play today by the way. Very disapointing, but it seems that from now on updates will have to be bought for real cash like DLC. Just when I was getting back into the game, oh well.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    Because if I can pay like.. 6$ to make nothing but profit for a month, why wouldn't I? Energy prices still seem high enough that this is a bargain.

steam_sig.png
  • TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Welp, starting playing the game again. That whole mission system is interesting, but it's slightly irksome to have unlocked Tier 3 content way-back-when but missions are utterly linear and only unlock by playing through early tiers to later. That's a nitpick though; it's good to have some incentive to play content.

While I raise an eyebrow at the game's pricing framework, Spiral Knights still has fantastic playability.

Also I get to feel smug about having tier 3 gear from before it was hard to get :D

Trynant on
    I love all my awesome 5* wolver stuff and wild hunting blade and such. Still awesome looking.

steam_sig.png
  • TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    Good God I forgot how brutal the game gets around the end of Tier 2 onto Tier 3. Now I remember why I fell into playing this in the first place. It doesn't just have a solid combat system; that combat system is put to fucking use.

I got to try Candlestick Keep for the first time. I like its gimmick a ton, and I loved when one person I grouped with starting complaining before we even set foot in the level. It's like Graveyard all over again (which seems to have gotten easier? I miss the phantoms throwing giant faust swords in Tier 2).

Point being, this game is at its best when it's terrorizing the players with ridiculously difficult content.

Then become strong fast because our guild still has that one shadow key lying around!

PSN | Steam
    ___
    carmofin wrote: »
    Then become strong fast because our guild still has that one shadow key lying around!

I still have 2 I believe....

What gear would you recommend for Shadow Lair? All I have is 4-star stuff; I take it the lair needs 5 for it to not WTFPWN me?

edited March 2012
    you need 5 Star gear AND experience from Vanaduke runs, I'd say. But what do I know, I've never set foot there myself...
    But from what I'm told, nothing is more brutal then a shadow lair run.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    Welp, time to start grinding for 5* stuff and fight some 'Duke.