As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sigil City of [Phalla] - Day Seven: Be Sure to Visit Scenic Carceri!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Vote closed three minutes ago forum time, Narration in progress.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    Someone said they were cursed but able to find a priest. One of the D names, like drez or darian.

Yes, I was healed. But I claimed to be poisoned, not cursed. And that was a misreading on my part: I had an infected wound.
    oh, thats different then.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    dead stay dead stop it scat get outta here

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    Someone said they were cursed but able to find a priest. One of the D names, like drez or darian.

Yes, I was healed. But I claimed to be poisoned, not cursed. And that was a misreading on my part: I had an infected wound.

Well... according to post one Infidel officially died of disease. Could have been the same thing, perhaps.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    If anyone has information related to Boxes or bombs, please write to me!

GrimmyTOA wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:

Well... according to post one Infidel officially died of disease. Could have been the same thing, perhaps.
    No ive had something similar. A physical wound that hurts unless you get healing.

And I personally offered to heal infi if it would help with the poison. He said it was seperate.

Possible that one of the devils/demons were poisoning people and that player is dead now.

• precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    Being the leader of the Sigil Defense Force is hardwork and dealing with all the notes, underhanded dealings and staving off evil is tough to keep track of. I would like to introduce a second voice in this matter, Rawkking Goodguy. He is of the brotherhood of Cranium Rats and was the one who paid Vwinds for my seer. He will also be helping us out combat the evil that plagues us.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Sorry for any confusion my misreading may have caused.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    *squeak*

Confirming that I have paid Vwinds and precisionK is precisely as sigil aligned as he claims.

I should remind you that Infidel had Retaba cleared as part of the Deva faction a long time ago in much the same way. And if I remember correctly they had me role seered as well.

Plus you know, these seers were publicly available for two days to anyone willing to pay.

Be in touch, okay?

And don't worry too much about being online for last minute seerwagons like this one, neither mafia is really large enough or willing to compromise their position enough to overturn one of these votes.

Unless you can't seem to be online to vote and discuss EXCEPT after we call a wagon, despite how difficult of a vote close time it is. Then you should be worried.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Arivia is ghost voting?

Is Arivia actually dead?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Arivia is dead and not allowed to post and even though multiple people said it's annoying and told her to stop, she still does it.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Cythraul wrote:
    Arivia is ghost voting?

Is Arivia actually dead?
    Clarification Denied.

38thDoE on steam

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Is piL actually dead?

Is Tupac actually dead? Swear I just saw him at Wendy's.

Day Five

The guards led out what appeared to be a ghastly centaur, encased in some sort of spiked, chitinous armor. The creature’s armored form was heavily scarred, as if it had taken more than its share of blows. Oddly, the creature trotted along almost happily, not resisting at all.

Opting not to speak any last words, Zandracon was dispatched back to the Abyss.

The cranium rats had many advantages over the regular cagers. When too many berks got together, there were often fights and brawls. especially if bub was involved. The cranium rats never fought, they could fit into small spaces, and if enough of them got together, they could make you hang yourself, strike you with lightning, or any number of other terrible things.

Only rumors according to some berks. But, most cagers gave any suspected hives a wide berth anyways.

Now in this crisis, the cranium rats had come together and their powers were mighty! After carrying out some justice, the rats headed back to their lair. One group of rats was instantly vaporized in a searing white hot blaze. Not even cinders were left of Jordan_ht.

A hulking creature looking something like a skeletal minotaur pulled pieces off flesh of his polearm and popped them into his mouth. His entire body was stained with blood, both old and fresh. It would not be long now it thought.

The creature never finished its thought as it was cleaved by a massive blow, ending Cythraul in an instant.

Keeping the peace was no easy task even in the best of times. Still, The Anonymous thought back fondly on the days when his worst problem was patrolling the hive. Now, he had demons and devils killing each-other and civilians left and right, vermin from the sewers walking around with the citizens, and in short, mass hysteria.

When this was all over, he was going to take a long vacation. It was with thoughts of the upper planes in mind that he was torn apart by the creeping shapes surrounding him.

The Dead:
    Zandracon - Armanite - Executed by the people.
    Jordan_ht - A small hive of aware cranium rats - Incinerated.
    Cythraul - Bulezau - Justice was served
    The Anonymous - Harmonium Officer - Torn to shreds and eaten.

Results PMs will be going out now.

38thDoE on steam

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I feel like some people should be getting inactivused. Simulacrum comes to mind...

MrTLicious wrote:
    Is piL actually dead?
    Clarification Denied.
    precisionk wrote:

Are you sure you saw him at Wendy's?
    Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

38thDoE on steam

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    hahahah oh my god 38th

is cythrual actually dead?

:)

38thDoe wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Is piL actually dead?
    Clarification Denied.
    precisionk wrote:

Are you sure you saw him at Wendy's?
    Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

He started singing California Love. I better get him seered though.

is cythrual actually dead?

:)

Clarification Denied.

38thDoE on steam

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I am so scared right now.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Clarification request: Is clarification denied?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    oOoOooOooOooOOOo

see you all again reeeeeeal soon

ooOooOOooOoOoOOO

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    That's 2 incinerations. If Vhailor is around, I'm guessing so is Ignus as an opposite (research tells me the former is aligned Lawful Neutral and the latter is aligned Chaotic Neutral).

So the incinerator just killed one of my hivemates. An unfortunate loss.

Care to get in touch with the network? It shouldn't be too hard to prove your identity.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Demons, being killed. Makes good sense. Good progress.

So many dying, feels like victory is at hand.

Wary- this is where it becomes harder.

All results PM are out, sorry for the delay in sending them, let me know if you are expecting one and have not gotten one. Also, please don't break my thread tonight, I'm going to be out and won't be able to fix it from my phone.

38thDoE on steam

Drez wrote:
    Clarification request: Is clarification denied?

No.

38thDoE on steam

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I find it funny zandracon was evil, he's ALWAYS EVIL

like i cant imagine him not being evil

He wasnt evil in Langly's thing. But normal folk dont take kindly to rubbery men

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Was Arivia poisoned like Infidel? Perhaps the poison reanimates you after death?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    The narration did say that she was damaged before she died, iirc.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    eh at this point I can't really be bothered.

!cayrus

• anomalousvandalanomalousvandal Registered User regular
    Shite and onions! If death isn't the end, then this is going to get beyond ridiculous.

You can take letters off my username, but you cannot take my FREEDOM!!
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Langly wrote:
    ok all this talk about the replacement thing made go and do serious research of the past 10 mains and 10 minis
    Phallaclave: Replacement from what I can tell was not mafia (flarne replaced by wildcat)
    Echo Bazaar: Replacement was mafia (Mrblarney for Wildcat)
    Ace Attorney: Replacement was mafia (kime replaced wildcat)
    Post Phallaism: Two replacements, one mafia and one neutral angel
    House of Phalla: Replacement was mafia (Mrblarney for someone I don't know whatever)
    Loxley Phalla: Two replacements, both villagers
    TVTropes: Null
    Kamen Rider Phalla: Null
    Phallakinetic: Null
    Salty Phalla: Null
    Elementalist: Null
    Asylum: Null
    PHA/LLA: Null

Minis:
    Phalla Club: Null
    Phalla of Angels: Replacement was Mafia
    LoL Phalla: Replacement was village
    Time Phalla: Null
    Dream Phalla: Replacement was village
    Newbie Phalla: Null
    Biology Phalla: Null
    Reality Phalla: Two Replacements both village
    Brass Phalla: Replacement was village
    Death of Phalla: Replacement was mafia (Ringo for zandracon)
    WoT Phalla: Replacement was mafia
    Psych Phalla: Replacement was village

So the data is a little skewed in that not every game even has replacements, but for the past 6 mains, 4 games out of 6 had the replacements turn up mafia, while in the past minis only 3 out of 7 was mafia.

So if you were just looking at trends, you're not wrong to say that in recent history, replacements have turned out to be mafia. Specifically, people who make withdrawal requests and don't just disappear from the game.

Statistically, though, it isn't a majority.

To be significant, it doesn't have to be a majority, just over 20%, which it is (though not statistically significant yet probably).

Although you're also probably counting all replacements, and not just withdrawals. If someone doesn't do anything and gets replaced, that's a host behavior argument which I think you'd need to then separate by host which is ridiculous. If someone actually withdraws, then you have information about their ability to contribute and it not reaching the threshold required of their role, as was said in the original thread when this first came up.

Does "village" include village specials?

Because if it didn't, I'd be really surprised that village specials don't get subbed out as well.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    If I remember correctly, I was another mafia replacement in the Ace Attorney game.

Glad we're evening out the mafia factions. Poor cranium rats though! :(

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Langly wrote:
    ok all this talk about the replacement thing made go and do serious research of the past 10 mains and 10 minis
    Phallaclave: Replacement from what I can tell was not mafia (flarne replaced by wildcat)
    Echo Bazaar: Replacement was mafia (Mrblarney for Wildcat)
    Ace Attorney: Replacement was mafia (kime replaced wildcat)
    Post Phallaism: Two replacements, one mafia and one neutral angel
    House of Phalla: Replacement was mafia (Mrblarney for someone I don't know whatever)
    Loxley Phalla: Two replacements, both villagers
    TVTropes: Null
    Kamen Rider Phalla: Null
    Phallakinetic: Null
    Salty Phalla: Null
    Elementalist: Null
    Asylum: Null
    PHA/LLA: Null

Minis:
    Phalla Club: Null
    Phalla of Angels: Replacement was Mafia
    LoL Phalla: Replacement was village
    Time Phalla: Null
    Dream Phalla: Replacement was village
    Newbie Phalla: Null
    Biology Phalla: Null
    Reality Phalla: Two Replacements both village
    Brass Phalla: Replacement was village
    Death of Phalla: Replacement was mafia (Ringo for zandracon)
    WoT Phalla: Replacement was mafia
    Psych Phalla: Replacement was village

So the data is a little skewed in that not every game even has replacements, but for the past 6 mains, 4 games out of 6 had the replacements turn up mafia, while in the past minis only 3 out of 7 was mafia.

So if you were just looking at trends, you're not wrong to say that in recent history, replacements have turned out to be mafia. Specifically, people who make withdrawal requests and don't just disappear from the game.

Statistically, though, it isn't a majority.

To be significant, it doesn't have to be a majority, just over 20%, which it is (though not statistically significant yet probably).

Although you're also probably counting all replacements, and not just withdrawals. If someone doesn't do anything and gets replaced, that's a host behavior argument which I think you'd need to then separate by host which is ridiculous. If someone actually withdraws, then you have information about their ability to contribute and it not reaching the threshold required of their role, as was said in the original thread when this first came up.

Does "village" include village specials?

Because if it didn't, I'd be really surprised that village specials don't get subbed out as well.

In my game, Cythraul withdrew and was a villager(ish).

• ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Also, it just occurred to me:

Where are all the mafia kills?!

If "Executed by the people" is the vote
    And the "One hit justice kill" is from the mercykillers (Vhailor?)

... then incinerated is... Ignus? Naahh, it only appeared tonight.

"Torn to shreds" has been happening every night, I think? I thought it was cranium rats, but wildcat (cranium rats) was torn to shreds on day one.

So is torn to shreds one of the mafia kills?

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    my currently final thoughts on Stever's 'law':

As a player, i find it annoying as hell. number one it's a law in much the same way that Relativity is a law. Which is to say that it's not. Number two, it's just plain stupid on so many meta levels. There are dozens of reasons for a player to not be able to play. they forget to bookmark the thread, real life crashes on their heads, and sometimes they just can't stand it anymore and they need to escape. This can happen to anybody and everybody no matter what they are.

As a host, I find the suggestion of this 'Law' overly insulting. I replace players because they're not playing the game, because they've asked, or because they just never showed up. I used reserves and replacements as a means to keep the game balanced. If it's a villager who couldn't be arsed to do a damn thing, then i replace them. if it's somebody that has had their world crash down on their heads, i replace them. if it's a mafia member, or a special, or the most boring role in the game, I try my best to replace them. Only in the off chance that I can't find anybody to do replacements (or the game is less than 3 days from finishing) do I kill inactives. Because to just up and kill them without trying to replace them at first unbalances the game. And everybody hates an unbalanced game.

It's stupid, it's insulting, and it's just plain wrong to suggest that there is ever a pattern where one gets replaced faster than the rest. As a host, you're simply trying to ensure that the game is fun for everybody, and that almost always means insuring the balance.

And that it's now day 6 and you're still prattling on about this is frankly bull, and distracting to the village. Which is probably the end goal.

A village distracted by meaningless, pointless discussion, such as this, is a village that's not paying attention to other things, more important things, like finding mafia.

So shut up about this stupid thing and focus on the fact that we haven't won yet.