As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallen Earth] Now free-to-play, if you can actually log in.

167891012»

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    My goodness it had been an age since I'd played this. Logged in and was overwhelmed with the sheer amount of stuff I had filling my inventory, my horse's inventory and my vault.

So much stuff. D:
    So much stuff <3 Let the crafting re-commence!

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Except the servers are down. Again. For about a couple more hours. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:
    Except the servers are down. Again. For about a couple more hours. :D

They don't want me to finish my Biodiesel.

I'M SO CLOSE DAMMIT.

PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    The... the servers have been stable? I mean, there's been some lag if you enter heavily populated newbie towns in S1, but still... it's shocking.

I just dinged 40 last night. Constructing a new rifle, then heading down south. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    Finished my Biodiesel and just specced into melee with the Primal mutation. Liking it so far. Tricky to approach and isolate ranged mobs but a lot simpler.

PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    I put 48 points into Telekinesis for the only purpose of "pulling" melee mobs to me with Always Armed. It has long range, it's cheap on the gamma, and pretty easy to aim. It's bit of a point sink, but it's been very convenient. Equipped Mutations abilities like Always Armed also change the behavior of dual-wielded weapons, so you don't have to hold down both mouse buttons to attack with both (holding down left click will attack with both weapons when Always Armed is equipped).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    So I downloaded this a couple days ago and have been seriously enjoying myself. The whole fallout meets swg with shooter mechanics is awesome.

I'm just glad that I didn't pick it up at release though. Between server instability, random CTD's, strange graphics bugs, and an entire town causing inventory loss, I'd hate to have seen what it was like before all the fixes :rotate:

Still, I subbed up for the basic rate and it should make for a great diversion for a month.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    It's a technically flawed, but fun, experience (which basically sums up my feelings about the Fallout franchise with the Gamebryo engine, too). While the technical difficulties are frustrating, they are so so very minor compared to all the enjoyment I'm getting from the setting, the open world exploration, and the crafting. I like being able to ride out into the open wilderness for literally days and find abandoned barns or warehouses. I laughed when I saw Carhenge II.

The community is pretty horrid (aside from a few angelic individuals like the GM staff and Nip Elld), with most of the vets using global1 as a channel to either QQ about CHANGE! FEAR! or using it to personally attack others (there was a long exchange yesterday with multiple folks gay-bashing to insult another member, I shit you not). The help channel is filled with people who either don't actually play the game and expect to have their hand held for everything ("Where can I find Ragged Leather?" makes me facepalm), which is fine by me as this is the intent of the help channel. It is also filled with people who use it as their own party chat line (what part of "Help" channel do you not understand?), and they are constantly moderated by the GMs. But it's easy enough to simply ignore the chatter and just enjoy the game by myself or with my friends.

If you folks want someone "normal" to chat with or want to chat up with another PAer, I'm in-game as Jack Raptor (my main), Sampson Stonewall, Nathaniel Fortescue, or James Randrell.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I'm giving this a go. Looks like fun. I need my MMO fix before other stuff comes out. F2P in this game doesn't look evil or artificial barricade inducing. I'm curious about the 8h crafting thing for free accounts but that's minor.

I don't know if there needs to be any more explication.

488W936.png
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Same here! Say hey to Chunk Bigmeat if we cross paths. I'll be the noob wallowing in my noobness.

Fleeb on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Do I get anything for having bought the game? Because I did long ago, but they apparently decided to obliterate my account yet still keep the cdkey as in use and I want to know if its worth the hassle of customer support.

I told them their system showed no Fallen Earth account for my email even though there should be one and it states my cd key is in use. Their response?
    "We couldn't find a Fallen Earth account linked to this email. Please email us from the address linked with the account in question." I have a feeling I'm going to be going in circles.

• Options
    Docshifty wrote:
    Do I get anything for having bought the game? Because I did long ago, but they apparently decided to obliterate my account yet still keep the cdkey as in use and I want to know if its worth the hassle of customer support.

I told them their system showed no Fallen Earth account for my email even though there should be one and it states my cd key is in use. Their response?
    "We couldn't find a Fallen Earth account linked to this email. Please email us from the address linked with the account in question." I have a feeling I'm going to be going in circles.
    If you bought it a LONG time ago, you have to merge your old account with a G1 account. You can still do this. I'm not sure what the process for this is, but here's a link that might be helpful (or not):
    http://fallenearth.gamersfirst.com/2011/07/upcoming-transition-you-need-g1-account.html

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    The problem with that is my Fallen Earth account doesn't exist anymore. At all. I have no account to merge in their system, but the cdkey is still in use on said imaginary account.

This really only matters if I get something for the cdkey (Like the chip limit removal).

• Options
    It does remove the chip limit, and you will probably get a key code for the Spiked Chopper. Not sure, though.

I'm pretty sure your account is still in their system. You create a G1 account, then merge your old account to that G1 account. The old account probably wouldn't show up until you reach the merging process. E-mailing support might take a couple of days, but my experience with them is that they will get back to you eventually.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Okay, you've done a billion times better explaining it than they have and I've merged them properly.

I know no one else will have this problem, but, to chronicle the steps I took to solve it.

Go to the G1 account as you said then, ignore the 'add existing account' button that seems like it would be what you want, instead, click on the complimentary account that G1 made for you, the one that doesn't seem like its what you want since it is an entirely new account, click on account details, then merge legacy account. This is the first time in the process the phrase 'legacy account' has been mentioned, including their FAQ on how to do it.

That's like twelve more steps than needed and none of it is overly obvious, but I'm willing to chalk it up to me being stupid.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm always interested in a nuclear wasteland and crafting, someone post a walkthrough on how I can hook up with the Wang Canyon crew.

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Just checking if anyone is still playing this, a friend of mine started recently and now I am giving it a shot. We are about level 20ish. In game name is Gravian if anyone wants to shoot things.