As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for deals on The Witcher 2

Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMABaton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
edited November 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm trying to find this game cheap for christmas for my brother. He came over and played it for a while, and loved the crap out of it.
Now i'm trying to find the cheapest price from a dependable site.
Anyone know of any good coupon deals, or sites that are generally cheap?
I got mine from steam on sale, and it's normal price at the moment.

Erin The Red on

• illigillig Registered User regular
    i typically use cheapassgamer.com to find deals, although as of this year i gave up buying games and just rent them via gamefly...

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    It might be worth waiting and seeing if it turns up in the Steam Christmas sales, or any other sales over the next month, other than that gog.com has the Witcher games and is sometimes cheaper than other distributors.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Steam does Thanksgiving week sales too. Definitely watch that.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Gog has it listed for 40€, which is probably the cheapest regular price you can get it for. http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher_2 . Other than that: cheapassgamer.com

• JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    GOG has had it on sale for $30 at least twice so far (I picked it up for the backlog at one of those times). I would expect that sometime between now and Christmas it'll go that low again.

bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Sweet, thanks for the ideas, folks!
    I'm really bad at waiting to give gifts, and it has caused me to overspend on many an occasion.
    Hopefully this year I can wait patiently and save my wallet some pain