As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's talk about Giant Bomb! DROBOT IS SKYLANDER OF THE YEAR

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Over on Chat, they are now playing Perfect Dark Zero.

THEY ARE PLAYING PERFECT. DARK. ZERO.

Holy bad, that game has aged TERRIBLY.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    YES YES YES YES YES

Greg Kasavin is going to play 12 hours of Skyrim live for everybody.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    no
    don't do this to me man

don't do it

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Shit, yeah, starting 8am Pacific next thursday. SKYRIM.

• Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    all the whiskey media guys playing dark souls is kinda making me want to play dark souls

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    natek wrote:
    all the whiskey media guys playing dark souls is kinda making me want to play dark souls

do it

• Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    And now Ryan is about to start playing Dark Souls with jeff, vinny and patrick commentating

Stand by for shenanigans

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Man I hope they archive this. At work atm. :(

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It'll be Justin.tv archived if nothing else, right?

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    And now Ryan is about to start playing Dark Souls with jeff, vinny and patrick commentating

Stand by for shenanigans

oh god this workday can't end soon enough

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    what when where the hell are you fools talkin about

• Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    you didn't know they have been streaming live for the last 3.5 hours?

• Options
    I see nussink

seriously their justin.tv is dead and there's nothing on the site

• Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    does http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/ work for you?
    Cause they're still streaming, think it's premium only though

• Options
    oh it's a premium thing

dammit

• Options
    i wish those youtube videos they're making of funny bombast moments didn't use that one picture of jeff where he looks all yellow and bug eyed

it makes me feel uncomfortable

Steam ID
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    The live event does not appear to be up on justin.tv. Maybe because it's premium content? I dunno. Will to wait till tomorrow or later to get the archive. :(

• Options
    edited November 2011
    The live event does not appear to be up on justin.tv. Maybe because it's premium content? I dunno. Will to wait till tomorrow or later to get the archive. :(

i was going to ask about this. Guess we gotta wait until they put it up

in the meantime:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_I16EKEJLw&feature=channel_video_title

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    so good

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Well I just finished Uncharted 3. The highs are really high, but there are some really, REALLY low points too. First half of the game is a slog, and there are 4 or 5 arena areas you get into that are murder-rape-apaloozas and are not fun at all.

Money down on how quickly Brad throws out the argument that the high points "transcend the genre" as a reason to ignore the low points? Feel like he uses that in every GOTY debate.

Finishing the game, however, has me VERY interested on the others' opinions of it. Especially Jeff's. Any frustration I had with the blue guys in UC2 pales in comparison to some of the horseshit enemies in UC3 and Jeff will definitely call that out. I had also been anticipating having to struggle between Arkham City and UC3 for my own personal GOTY. Now it's pretty clear that Batman is a better game, and - most surprisingly - I find myself putting UC3 in third with Dead Space 2 in second.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Really? Because on my list, UC3 is #8. Behind Deus Ex, LA Noire, Gears 3, Batman, Battlefield 3, Portal 2, and Bastion.

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    There's been so many good games this year I can't even imagine what the GOTY debate will be like

It'll probably come down to Uncharted and Batman again, but Portal 2 has to be seriously considered, and I'd be personally disappointed if someone didn't make a push for Deus Ex or Bastion

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote:
    There's been so many good games this year I can't even imagine what the GOTY debate will be like

It'll probably come down to Uncharted and Batman again, but Portal 2 has to be seriously considered, and I'd be personally disappointed if someone didn't make a push for Deus Ex or Bastion

Nah. The buzz for Uncharted isn't anywhere near as big as it was for Uncharted 2 two years ago. It'll come down to Batman or Skyrim, with possibly Zelda as a dark horse.

sig.gif
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Zelda ain't a dark horse.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    People are super skeptical about Zelda but the few reviews that are out there lavish it with praise. Low expectations and high payoff make it a dark horse.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Zelda ain't a dark horse.
    Yeah it is

I mean, it will probably be good

but no one is really going OH GOD GAME OF THE YEAR SO EXCITED like people did with Arkham City or are doing with Skyrim

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Like all the 10/10 reviews it has so far?

But I guess that's fair since I went from, yes I am aware of skyward sword and am looking forward to it, to frothing demand.

But I never wrote it off because it's nintendo and it's their only zelda game of the generation.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So I got this site working.

It's pretty neat.

Lots of cool videos from the looks of it.

Point me to some neat videos.

• Options
    That's what I'm saying. The thing that makes it a contender is those reviews. The thing that makes it a dark horse is that basically nobody is running to the store to pre-order it because they think it'll be the greatest game of all time. Hardcore Nintendo fanboys don't count because they're not the ones deciding on GOTY.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I see 4 reviews, and they are all 98-100's, which is great!

but I am just saying it has nowhere near the hype and build-up that other games have had this year

plus, dude you really seem like a Zelda superfan. You're defending it everytime someone says anything remotely negative.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    So I got this site working.

It's pretty neat.

Lots of cool videos from the looks of it.

Point me to some neat videos.

Search for the Game Room quick looks

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote:
    I see 4 reviews, and they are all 98-100's, which is great!

but I am just saying it has nowhere near the hype and build-up that other games have had this year

plus, dude you really seem like a Zelda superfan. You're defending it everytime someone says anything remotely negative.
    No I am only pointing out how strange I find it that people are getting down on a Zelda game.

Yeah yeah twilight princess was pretty much OoT++ and it was still a good dame but before that were Majoras Mask and Wind Waker. Both fantastic games.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    We are talking about what these very defined personalities are going to declare THEIR game of the year

I have no idea what game Jeff would say is his favorite one of the year, Gears 3?

He ain't lettin' no fuckin' Zelda game be declared the best one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I don't think anyone is arguing the probable quality of Skyward Sword. I do think that outside of you and other Nintendo/Zelda superfans, most of us are surprised that it's being received as well as it is, and I am considerably more excited for it now that I've seen those scores than I was before. Mainstream game reviewers have been down on Zelda for a while now, because they're all getting a bit sick of it being so formulaic. There's been a lot more hype surrounding Arkham City and Skyrim than there's been for Zelda, which is why those two are definitely going to be considered for GOTY. Zelda has slightly lower chances for a variety of reasons that mostly have to do with how Zelda and Nintendo are being perceived in these times. But the fact that mainstream reviewers are giving the game fantastic scores is what gives it a shot. It DOES have a chance, but it's not as big a chance as with those two behemoths.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    For me at least

it is because Zelda hasn't changed at all. It is the same damn formula it always has been. It refuses to modernize or change in any significant way.

The only thing in Skyward Sword that has seemed different was the crafting system, and even then it seemed really basic.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Patrick and Vinny are pretty much the only two people there that might carry Zelda's torch when it comes to GOTY, but Vinny might prefer Skyrim. Brad will probably make a case for Uncharted, I'd see Jeff siding with Batman, and Ryan could end up being the tiebreaker here. I have a harder time reading his particular preferences.

sig.gif
  • Options
    You think Patrick will get a spot on the GotY team? I mean, he is a podcast regular now and is doing a bunch of quicklooks.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Patrick is a member of the team

He has been assigned to review Skyward Sword

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Yeah I'm almost certain Patrick will be the Zelda voice in the deliberations.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.